IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 45: 19 Crimes and Counting; Found Guilty of Two of Them

HerNameIsBuffy

I also want JD to turn up so bad, I doubt he would be able to contain his disgust for Josh, his comments last time were rather pointed.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I can’t figure out how to quote from another thread but re what they’re telling the kids, with the exception of Mackenzye (or however it’s spelled) their kids are pretty young, they could pretty easily explain him staying with the rebers as “daddy has to stay with these people so he can help them” and phrase it that he’s done nothing wrong or is doing a good deed or hell even that god is testing them so daddy has to stay here. Explaining him having to go to prison is much much harder because they won’t simply be going over to someone’s house to se their dad, there’s metal detectors, and guards, and handcuffs on dad. It’s going to be horrible and traumatic for the kids. Granted him walking free could put them in danger, but as kids they likely do not know or realize that. 

Tldr: whatever the outcome of this trial, the Ms are really drawing the short stick

I’m pretty sure that when (not if) he does go to prison it will be framed for the M kids in such a way as how the poor innocent godly apostles used to be wrongfully imprisoned by the wicked ungodly men for their faith 🤢

• Disgust 14
  • I Agree 1

11 minutes ago, imokit said:

Why is no one posting arrival pics? :( 

I think it has taken the Sun a little time to start posting those every morning... they probably go through and do some picture editing before putting up on their site.  There haven't been any rando folks with iPhones just posting pics instantaneously. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, viii said:

I can't shake this bad feeling that it's going to be a hung jury. I really hope I am wrong. 

It's still early in deliberation.  My experience in being on juries (3) showed me how things really go on behind doors.  When you are sent into the room the first thing you have to do is elect a foreman and then discuss how you plan to go through the info.  All 3 of the cases I was on we decided to go through the prosecutions info first and then go through the defense info to see if anything there made more sense than the prosecution, There are also the discussions, in this case probably techy type jurors explaining the technical info to the non techies.  Lots of discussion goes on behind doors, especially if you get that "annoying" person on the jury that does nothing but talk.

Just now, viii said:

Did we ever find out if the jury was able to go home last night and talk with people or if they were sequestered? 

They went home

• Upvote 13

I’ll go shopping (it’s almost 5pm in Germany right now) and hope there’s a verdict once I’m back. Not really keeping my hopes up though. Maybe the verdict will come tonight? 

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, viii said:

Did we ever find out if the jury was able to go home last night and talk with people or if they were sequestered? 

Just a little add on - if a jury is going to be sequestered than it would be at the start of the trial, they wouldn't just do it at the end. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 10

3 minutes ago, viii said:

They were not sequestered.  They get to go home every night.  But they are always ordered by the judge to not discuss the case with anyone, or read about the case, or watch news about the case.

• Upvote 5

[Jumping ahead to comment on this picture @neuroticcat posted on 44:]

Spoiler

jbd-toupee.thumb.jpeg.cfaf82e0c8af6e045768f699ec40145a.jpeg

It's funny... now that I know he wears a toupée, I can see that line in older pictures as well. 🤣 Looks like he's never bothered color-matching as his own hair grays.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8

2 minutes ago, vicky3vicky said:

Last night I went through old pictures and pulled out every one of my older brother. then I pulled out pictures of most of the others, those who knew and pretended otherwise. Ripped them all to pieces and will burn them when guilty verdict is read.

You aren’t alone.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 24

8 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They don't do time out. That's non corporal punishment. 

Daddy’s going to be stuck on a blanket for 20 years then

• Haha 45
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

the poster who came up with this title

Me, I believe? Thank you, the one good thing about shitshows is they produce excellent snark. Keeping everything crossed so the next thread title will include the words “justice” and “done”.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 7

3 minutes ago, punkiepie said:

Is that a new zipper dress? It also looks the shortest dress thus far. 

ADDE2E5F-C54E-4F85-8B5E-0E2020D8E5EB.jpeg

I think it's the same zipper dress but with a coat over it. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

2 minutes ago, imokit said:

We should still have Josh and Anna pics.  Plus the Sun is reporting JB there.

It would make complete sense if it was only those 3 there (though Michelle really should go).  Everyone else has heard what they needed/wanted to hear.

How does she justify not going, to herself?  

It's really hard to put myself in her position since I can't imagine my sons doing this in a million years, but I do know I love my kids unconditionally.  If any did anything so heinous it would kill me and I would want them away where they couldn't hurt anyone else, but I would still love them.  I would feel it was my obligation to be at court and hear things first hand because, ngl, it would be hard for me to believe and I'd need to be convinced it was true beyond a reasonable doubt for myself.  I would also be there for my baby, mourning who they were before they became a monster, and spend the rest of my life blaming myself.  

If my daughter was the victim of one of my sons, sorry...my brain is short circuiting imagining any of this...I'd be there.  I'd also be in therapy probably daily to deal with the cognitive dissonance this would create.  But as broken and humiliated as I'd be I'd feel it was my obligation to be there.  

I wouldn't want to go, I would try to rationalize a way to not go and live with myself....but I'd end up going and you'd all be talking about the silent mother who doesn't talk to the press wondering what medical condition I had to swell my eyes almost shut (except for the criers out there who know what that's like) but I'd be there.  

It should be easier for Michelle since she isn't as emotionally attached to her children.  She clearly can compartmentalize horrible things and rewrite reality better than I ever could.  She would get hugs even from his victims, she would be lauded in her circles as brave.  My circles are much smaller and much less forgiving.  

I hate doing the 'what kind of mother' thing, but what kind of mother sits this one out?

• Upvote 34
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 4

Anna has looked stunning throughout this trial.  Not like someone who gave birth to her 7th child 7 weeks ago.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 7

1 minute ago, imokit said:

Anna has looked stunning throughout this trial.  Not like someone who gave birth to her 7th child 7 weeks ago.

She looks tired today imo. But yes, she looks fantastic I just wish she had the opportunity to dress up for something nicer. 

• Upvote 7

12 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

Daddy’s going to be stuck on a blanket for 20 years then

Lmao I actually was about to add this but yeah, it’s grown up blanket training 

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, imokit said:

I think she physically looks great and I have more compassion for her than a lot of people do but I keep mentally comparing her to Jill in her power attire with her kids’ art around her neck - a strong woman who is focused on her kids - and when I see Anna I only see a sad, cowering person who is unwilling to protect those seven innocent souls.

• Upvote 38
  • I Agree 5

• Destiny changed the title to (CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 45: 19 Crimes and Counting; Found Guilty of Two of Them
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic