IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 45: 19 Crimes and Counting; Found Guilty of Two of Them

HerNameIsBuffy

Thanks to the poster who came up with this title, which @nelliebelle1197 remembered and suggested to me.  I don't have time to go back and search but if this was you let me know, you clever wordsmith.

Here's hoping this thread will see a verdict.

Continued from here...

Edited by Destiny
Edit to add the guilty
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3

As far as other kinds of accountability partners go, I know people use them for stuff like exercising and eating healthy, but it's a two-way street where they support each other and cheer each other on. That could never work with Josh- who would ever want him in charge of holding someone else accountable?

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Just now, Cat Damon said:

As far as other kinds of accountability partners go, I know people use them for stuff like exercising and eating healthy, but it's a two-way street where they support each other and cheer each other on. That could never work with Josh- who would ever want him in charge of holding someone else accountable?

And ultimately the responsibility for their actions still lies with them. Accountability partners are supposed to aid someone in making the right choices, not give them an out.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

Exactly.  Former MLB outfielder(and recovering addict)Josh Hamilton reportedly had an accountability partner, and I remember thinking “At some point, you have to learn to stand on your own, because they’re not always going to be there to hold your hand.”

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

If there's a new trial due to a hung jury, will it be held in the same courthouse with the same judge?  Hopefully it won't happen, though.

I am about to head into a meeting about data migration.  Usually a topic I enjoy but for some reason I'm having a hard time focusing today.   Does anyone know if the jury has regular working hours.  They started at 9:00 and yesterday ended at 5:00.  If they aren't working through lunch it should be min of an 8 hour day IMO.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 6

5 minutes ago, smittykins said:

Exactly.  Former MLB outfielder(and recovering addict)Josh Hamilton reportedly had an accountability partner, and I remember thinking “At some point, you have to learn to stand on your own, because they’re not always going to be there to hold your hand.”

Accountability partners are like training wheels. Good for learning, but they have to come off at some point 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 12

I really wish they finished yesterday,  on my day off.   As long as he's guilty, I will be happy.  

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, viii said:

I can't shake this bad feeling that it's going to be a hung jury. I really hope I am wrong. 

I firmly believe the prosecution made a strong case. The images and videos were beyond sick and twisted, and the timeline and same passwords make it pretty obvious this was Josh and only Josh. I like to think the jury is just rehashing all the evidence for the sake of diligently doing their duty. 

Stay strong and take heart, I know justice will prevail.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, imokit said:

Why is no one posting arrival pics? :( 

1 minute ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Maybe none of the siblings are going until they hear a verdict is found? 

That's what I think too.  No point in going if you would just be hanging around all day.  

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, karenb4729 said:

That's what I think too.  No point in going if you would just be hanging around all day.  

Maybe when they announce there is a verdict they will show up? Don't they usually give the family etc.... a chance to come in? 

• Upvote 5

We should still have Josh and Anna pics.  Plus the Sun is reporting JB there.

It would make complete sense if it was only those 3 there (though Michelle really should go).  Everyone else has heard what they needed/wanted to hear.

• Upvote 3

I can’t figure out how to quote from another thread but re what they’re telling the kids, with the exception of Mackenzye (or however it’s spelled) their kids are pretty young, they could pretty easily explain him staying with the rebers as “daddy has to stay with these people so he can help them” and phrase it that he’s done nothing wrong or is doing a good deed or hell even that god is testing them so daddy has to stay here. Explaining him having to go to prison is much much harder because they won’t simply be going over to someone’s house to se their dad, there’s metal detectors, and guards, and handcuffs on dad. It’s going to be horrible and traumatic for the kids. Granted him walking free could put them in danger, but as kids they likely do not know or realize that. 

Tldr: whatever the outcome of this trial, the Ms are really drawing the short stick

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, karenb4729 said:

I remember from my days as a regular court tv viewer (stop judging) that people who want to be there for the verdict get notified when to come back, but they need to be in reasonable distance to get there quickly.  Does anyone know how far the TTH is from the courthouse?  

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, VixenToast said:

I firmly believe the prosecution made a strong case. The images and videos were beyond sick and twisted, and the timeline and same passwords make it pretty obvious this was Josh and only Josh. I like to think the jury is just rehashing all the evidence for the sake of diligently doing their duty. 

Stay strong and take heart, I know justice will prevail.

I agree. Think of how hard it must be to get 12 people to agree on something. I suspect the vote is currently heavily in favor of conviction with one or more saying "But what about....."

I was on a criminal jury recently and if that was any indication, those with stronger convictions tend to win out in the end and the hold outs slowly fall in line as the others work on them. How can anyone have a strong conviction that Josh is not guilty?

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I can’t figure out how to quote from another thread but re what they’re telling the kids, with the exception of Mackenzye (or however it’s spelled) their kids are pretty young, they could pretty easily explain him staying with the rebers as “daddy has to stay with these people so he can help them” and phrase it that he’s done nothing wrong or is doing a good deed or hell even that god is testing them so daddy has to stay here. Explaining him having to go to prison is much much harder because they won’t simply be going over to someone’s house to se their dad, there’s metal detectors, and guards, and handcuffs on dad. It’s going to be horrible and traumatic for the kids. Granted him walking free could put them in danger, but as kids they likely do not know or realize that. 

Tldr: whatever the outcome of this trial, the Ms are really drawing the short stick

Daddy is going to be on time out… for 14-20 years.

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 6

I read a bit of a summary tweet from Anna Darling earlier (local reporter ar the trial). Both the prosecution AND the defence refused Jury's request for a calendar, judge then ruled no. I can understand the defence refusal but not so much the prosecution.

• Upvote 2

What will happen if it's a hung jury, he is given another hung jury again. Will they keep trying him. The  defense used conspiracy theories and Arkansas is known for breeding conspiracy theories. God, I so hope he is found guilty today.

• Rufus Bless 3

I know Fayetteville isn’t as progressive as many cities in the country, but it’s probably one of your better Arkansas options. My family is from a tiny town a couple hours away. Fayetteville is a college town (University of Arkansas) and part of the metro area that houses Walmart headquarters. I’ve got some friends who have settled in the area and they are much more moderate than my friends who have never left the tiny town. 

Edited by FusterCluck
Fix autocorrect from county to country.
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

1 minute ago, Father Son Holy Goat said:

Daddy is going to be on time out… for 14-20 years.

They don't do time out. That's non corporal punishment. 

• Haha 2

• Destiny changed the title to (CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 45: 19 Crimes and Counting; Found Guilty of Two of Them
  • HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic