IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 39: It's Never Leg Humping to Support Victims - Applaud Strength

HerNameIsBuffy

5 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Having a weekend break from the trial also gives Anna time to process what she's heard over the last few days, too. I'm not holding my breath that any of it will cause her to make any life changing decisions over it but I'm glad she has Derick supporting her. 

But you know she’ll likely be forced to spend time with the pest. I’m sure JB will insist she continue to show her support. I think I’d feign a stomach virus with vomiting and diarrhea, along with heavy PP bleeding to get some space this weekend. Maybe Michelle can care for all 7 kids.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, gustava said:

These women are in the courtroom?  Or did I miss something??

Sorry, they were all at theVision Forum Mother of the Year tea where Beall Phillips and Michelle Duggar taught everyone how to be fundie queens. There is a DVD floating around but I’m not sure if you can still find this stuff online.

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, SassyPants said:

But you know she’ll likely be forced to spend time with the pest. I’m sure JB will insist she continue to show her support. I think I’d feign a stomach virus with vomiting and diarrhea, along with heavy PP bleeding to get some space this weekend. Maybe Michelle can care for all 7 kids.

I think she will bring the baby to see him as much as possible because she knows deep down he’s going to prison for awhile. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

I think Michelle is in the same position as Anna. She’s abused and an abuser, so it makes it complicated but it doesn’t make her less culpable. She should have stepped up the minute she learned about Josh. Afterward, she had more access to outside help and reality than many others in the cult. At any time, she could have gone to a TLC person and said, “help me.” Second, I know Gothard’s umbrella of authority garbage would not have empowered her to make decisions and out rule Jim Bob , but even the fundiest of fundies tell submissive that they don’t have to obey their husband if he commands them to sin against God. So somewhere in there she decided this was OK at some level, and, most significantly in my opinion, kept it up all along. 

How much guilt is carried by TLC? This channel to me has become a TV channel where children were abused life on telly for entertainment. No way could have any sane person watched the goings on in that house and not thought every now and then that these girls are abused, at the very least emotionally abused, neglected in their education, denied and education and put down as the 'potential harlot' if they don't run around in the white fundamentalist equivalent of a burka - without the full face covering. 

TLC has a few answers to give.  I mean i grew up in a roman catholic convent - first taken there by the state and then after a year at 'home' i asked the state to send me back there in order to escape abuse at 'home'. But i got a proper education and had options once i sorted my self after many years being transient. Is it Jenni who wants to be a Vet? TLC should pay for her education in full. And TLC should do so for all the kids involved. The money this channel makes of these girls should be taken off them. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 9

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hope Anna has many questions for him over the weekend too. I bet he will try to lie again. 

I hope he is going back to the Reber’s for the weekend and Anna is going back to her children. 

• Upvote 12

2 minutes ago, Sabine said:

How much guilt is carried by TLC? This channel to me has become a TV channel where children were abused life on telly for entertainment. No way could have any sane person watched the goings on in that house and not thought every now and then that these girls are abused, at the very least emotionally abused, neglected in their education, denied and education and put down as the 'potential harlot' if they don't run around in the white fundamentalist equivalent of a burka - without the full face covering. 

TLC has a few answers to give.  I mean i grew up in a roman catholic convent - first taken there by the state and then after a year at 'home' i asked the state to send me back there in order to escape abuse at 'home'. But i got a proper education and had options once i sorted my self after many years being transient. Is it Jenni who wants to be a Vet? TLC should pay for her education in full. And TLC should do so for all the kids involved. The money this channel makes of these girls should be taken off them. 

Think of all the shows where kids weren’t protected by their parents and/of TLC. The Willis Clan, Little people Big World, 19 kids and Counting, here comes honey boo boo, and I’m sure there are more I’m not thinking of. TLC is trash.

• Upvote 20
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 9

1 minute ago, Gobsmacked said:

I hope he is going back to the Reber’s for the weekend and Anna is going back to her children. 

I suspect:

He is going back to the Reber's for the weekend.  Anna is going back to her children to take them to visit poor persecuted Daddy.

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 4

1 minute ago, Gobsmacked said:

I hope Anna gets to decide whether or not she has contact with Josh this weekend. Can you imagine having to be alone with him after the last couple of days?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

2 minutes ago, Gobsmacked said:

That would be great. But I think she will be feeling guilty if she doesn’t bring the kids to see their dad before he goes off to prison. That fundie guilt is strong. 

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Also, no one else is reporting about Anna crying.  That is the kind of thing the Sun usually lives for.  They did report about Joy hugging Anna so they are definitely watching her.

Could FW be summarizing what was told in the pretrial hearing that made the judge decide to allow the evidence?

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she will bring the baby to see him as much as possible because she knows deep down he’s going to prison for awhile. 

He isn’t interested in the new baby. Just another arrow to make him seem normal and splendid to other cult idiots. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

14 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

No, no one is forcing her. She could choose to say no. I get that she's in a really, really difficult position but she has options. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That would be great. But I think she will be feeling guilty if she doesn’t bring the kids to see their dad before he goes off to prison. That fundie guilt is strong. 

Spoiler

Not sure I could do that to my kids. My mind would be wondering…

Just now, Giraffe said:

No, no one is forcing her. She could choose to say no. I get that she's in a really, really difficult position but she has options. 

I disagree. JB works with the carrot and the stick.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, neuroticcat said:

I think anyone actually practicing ATI is unquestionably spiritually and emotionally abused. I think the women are all sexually abused via marital rape at the minimum. And we know Michelle practiced and advocated for a sanitized form of that. All children are also physically abused. Verbal or physical abuse for Michelle is speculation. I also think there are ways both JB and Michelle talk about their family of origin that seems to indicate patterns of abuse, but, regardless, none of it is a pass.

There’s a reason they have a chain hanging on the side of their home church bench.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 5

I wonder how closely the Rebers have been following this. Can they change their minds about housing Josh? And for argument's sake, if they did, I wonder if they'd be able to find a new placement for him or if he'd have to go back to jail. Any chance he's a suicide risk?

• Upvote 9

I searched FB for fundie wonderland and came up with ‘Fundie snarking and fun’. Is that the right group?

2 minutes ago, SassyPants said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Not sure I could do that to my kids. My mind would be wondering…

I disagree. JB works with the carrot and the stick.

He does, yes, and fundy guilt is strong. I get that. But she does have options. She is a grown ass woman who could make different choices. I don't expect she will, but she could make other choices. 

• Upvote 7

9 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Could FW be summarizing what was told in the pretrial hearing that made the judge decide to allow the evidence?

Other places summarized what was said in the pre-trial hearing and didn’t report all that stuff. Plus they seem to be claiming it was new information revealed today. 

• Upvote 4

Just now, Giraffe said:

He does, yes, and fundy guilt is strong. I get that. But she does have options. She is a grown ass woman who could make different choices. I don't expect she will, but she could make other choices. 

In a previous comment you said no one is forcing her. I think JB is forcing her. I think he is very much a tit for tat control freak. I provide you X and in exchange you will do Y. Right now, she is stuck. She has kids that need food, and a roof over their head. Currently, she can not independently supply those things. It will take time.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

8 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

“You can’t weigh options you don’t see.”

Edited by QuiverFullOfCondoms
  • Upvote 27
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 4

1 minute ago, QuiverFullOfCondoms said:

“You can’t weigh options you don’t see.”

She has options, though. You think Derick's telling her to stay? You think the brother who offered her help years ago has disowned her and won't provide support? I'm not saying it'll be easy for her, it'll most likely be one of the most difficult things she's ever gone through but she can make other choices. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Definitely. Males are basically taught to be arrogant from the start! They are the boss. They know more than women. They are the grand leaders of their homes. 

Not all males.  My father and his brothers were taught that to be a man is to be responsible.  My brother was taught the same.  My ex-father-in-law took that view, and his sons (ex and his brother) saw responsibility, not authority as the central definition of manhood. My ex and I taught our son the same.  My current spouse was brought up the same way and is not focused on authority at all.

(My ex is a benevolent narcissist who shirks responsibility whenever it is inconvenient, and uses “responsibility” as an excuse often.  But he never believed that being male gave him authority.)

There is often an arrogance in males that comes from the way society privileges them without it being necessarily an issue of “being the boss” or “knowing more than women.” 

• Upvote 8

She's responsible for 7 children, all of whom seem to be similar ages to children in the CSAM. She doesn't have to stay. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, Satan'sFortress said:

I wonder how closely the Rebers have been following this. Can they change their minds about housing Josh? And for argument's sake, if they did, I wonder if they'd be able to find a new placement for him or if he'd have to go back to jail. Any chance he's a suicide risk?

I wondered that about the Rebers too.  It will never happen but I would love it if they said this is more than we bargained for, get out.  
I think he’s too arrogant to be a suicide risk. 

• Upvote 10

1 minute ago, Daisy said:

I wondered that about the Rebers too.  It will never happen but I would love it if they said this is more than we bargained for, get out.  

Have also wondered but I have no sympathy for Headship Reber. He completely deserves whatever anxiety, stress, and negative consequences come from his choice to house Josh. I do feel sorry for the rest of the family who probably had little or no say.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic