IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 5: I Can't Believe They Still Worship TFG

GreyhoundFan

Anyone wondering about how Qanon-loving Magats have delusional beliefs should read this thread. It explains a lot. 

• Thank You 6

Can't you see her driving back and forth in front of Mar-a-Lago with the song below blasting from her stereo?

Spoiler

• Upvote 6

19 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Cool story bro.  Now let's talk about book burning- thoughts?  Geez.  Is it that they really don't understand their hypocrisy or they just don't care?  (I know he's not Greg Locke but I doubt he'd make the same argument about book burning.)  I confess the promo code chyron at the bottom gave me a laugh.  Just one more 6 on that percent off and it would have been perfect.  

• Upvote 9

‘Let’s Go Brandon’ Crypto Coin Turns Into Total Dumpster Fire

The MAGA-themed “Let’s Go Brandon” Ethereum cryptocurrency has fallen on tough times.

So much so that the value of all 330 trillion coins totals just a few thousand dollars combined, according to the trading sites CoinMarketCap and Crypto, a far cry from the days of pro-Trump investors believing they could strike it rich in the ever-complex world of crypto.

That represents a 99.5 percent decline over the last 30 days, leaving a singular LGB coin effectively worthless.

At the end of last year, the coin, which carries the saying “Let’s Go, Brandon,” spiked in value after it received a boost from D-list TrumpWorld acolytes and found itself being promoted on the hood of NASCAR driver Brandon Brown’s race car.

A month prior, the slogan had found its legs when Brown gave a post-victory interview with NBC reporter Kelli Stavast. The crowd could be heard loudly chanting “F*ck Joe Biden,” but the sports reporter mistook the crowd’s words for “Let’s Go Brandon.”

From that point forward, it became a pro-Trump rallying cry. From the likes of Florida Republican Governor Ron Desantis, who began using the term “Brandon administration,” to Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) touting the secretly crude anti-Biden phrase, Trumpworld quickly got hooked on saying it in public.

A group of enterprising crypto enthusiasts seized on the viral moment by creating their own cryptocurrency and attempting to sponsor the driver’s racing team.

Those dreams vaporized in January, when NASCAR abruptly intervened, declaring that it would not allow the sponsorship deal to go through, despite prior approval from a company employee.

The coin’s demise followed in short order, even as LGB signed a “two-year, eight-figure” sponsorship agreement with the driver.

To some observers, the collapse was a foregone conclusion. “They tried to monetize on a viral outbreak. Did it surprise me when something without value shot up and immediately shot down upon release? No,” said David Silver, an attorney who has represented aggrieved crypto investors since 2014.

And though the crypto markets are riddled with scams, according to Tim Swanson—who blogs about crypto and works as head of market intelligence at the blockchain company Clearmatics—the danger to investors is always higher with niche “meme coins.”

• Upvote 8

Good gravy: "Florida police gave drivers a website for paying traffic fines. It directed them to pro-Trump merchandise."

Drivers hit with traffic violations in Miami Beach expected to go to an official website where they could handle their tickets.

After all, they’d gotten the Web address from fliers given to them by the police officers who’d cited them in the first place.

But the link provided did not take drivers to the Miami-Dade County Clerk of the Courts website, where they would have been able to pay their fines or elect to go to traffic school. Instead, it directed them to a page hawking pro-Trump merchandise, much of it supporting the former president’s potential run to reclaim the White House in 2024.

Offerings on the site include a Trump 2024 flag with the addendum “Let’s Go Brandon”; a garden flag that reads, “In this house we believe … Trump belongs in the White House”; and the 97-minute film “Trump 2024: The World After Trump,” which purports to document the “aggressive movement to transform America, strip away its freedoms and Judeo-Christian values.”

Miami Beach police spokesman Ernesto Rodriguez told The Washington Post in an email that the department discovered a typo in the flier last week and told its roughly 400 officers to stop giving them to drivers. It has corrected the mistake and is working on reprinting the inserts, Rodriguez said.

In the meantime, officers are giving drivers outdated brochures without information about the online services, he told the Miami Herald, which first reported the story.

Rodriguez didn’t answer The Post’s questions about how many fliers had been handed out or if the department is investigating whether the pro-Trump link was included intentionally.

At issue: punctuation. The Miami-Dade court clerk’s website is www.miami-dadeclerk.com. The one that redirects people to a page with links to pro-Trump merchandise is almost the same, but without the hyphen.

The flier Miami Beach officers were handing out — titled “Received a Traffic Citation?” — included both. It first gave the no-hyphen version when informing drivers they have to request a court hearing before having their citation dismissed. Later, it gave the correct website for the court clerk in telling drivers how to request a hearing to contest a citation.

Few details are available about the entity that owns the non-hyphenated site, although domain records show it is hosted by Epik, which has kept alive far-right websites such as Gab and Parler when they were dumped by more mainstream Web-hosting services, NPR reported last year.

Miami-Dade court officials launched their new online services in April 2020. A month later, they sent out fliers to police across the county with the correct Web address throughout, a court spokesperson told the Herald. But the Miami Beach Police Department made its own version, which is when the typo was inserted, Rodriguez told the newspaper.

Judge Steve Leifman told the Herald it was “disgusting” for a website associated with the judiciary to direct people to political merchandise. The judge said he hopes court officials can get control of the no-hyphen website and fold it into the hyphenated version that the clerk registered in 1999.

Paul Ozaeta, a lieutenant and president of the Miami Beach police union, told the Herald he’s confident that if any officers had spotted the error on the flier, they would have alerted their supervisors.

“Most officers don’t sit there and say, ‘Let me make sure all of the links are right,’” he said. “If they say hand them out, you hand them out.”

When the court’s new online services started in the spring of 2020, Miami Beach Police Maj. David de la Espriella told the Herald the department needed to educate people about them.

“As with all new information technology processes, all that has to be explained as much as possible,” he said, “so there’s no confusion.”

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 4

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Most officers don’t sit there and say, ‘Let me make sure all of the links are right,’” he said.

Hmmm, methinks maybe you should?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

19 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

McCarthy, Gaetz, and Jordan don't have enough brainpower between them to power a 25 watt bulb.

• I Agree 9

CPAC opens and immediately devolves into GOP dissent over Ukraine

Meanwhile, if CPAC's collective response to the invasion has so far been a shrug, a competing right-wing conference being held tomorrow, America First PAC or AFPAC, also in Orlando this weekend, is in open celebration mode.

As Political Research Associate researcher Ben Lorber noted on Twitter, America First founder, the white nationalist Nick Fuentes, cheered on social media, "I am totally rooting for Russia," and "this is the coolest thing to happen since 1/6." Andrew Torba, CEO of the right-wing social media company Gab, which is sponsoring AFPAC, praised Putin as "brilliant," writing, "I hope the Globalist American Empire gets humiliated from all angles," and "Ukraine needs to be liberated and cleansed from the degeneracy of the secular western globalist empire." Another AFPAC speaker, Arizona state Senator Wendy Rogers cheered, "More tanks less trannies" — a close echo of right-wing narratives from the likes of Steve Bannon, that Putin, commendably, "ain't woke," and thus deserves U.S. conservatives' support. (That sort of talk is also happening among conservatives closer to the center than Bannon, as with The American Conservative's Rod Dreher, who wrote this week, "I adamantly oppose risking the lives of boys from Louisiana and Alabama to make the Donbass safe for genderqueers and migrants.")

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 11

As someone living in this area and doesn't usually leave the house due to being surrounded by covidiots (though less so in this little blue dot of FL), I am most ESPECIALLY happy I stayed home as to not breathe in any type of mutual air of this absolute bigoted morons.

Also, random, but I think the Holy Land Experience is shut for good. Did we know this? Have we talked about HLE before?

• Upvote 5

On 2/25/2022 at 10:00 PM, Cartmann99 said:

:pb_rollseyes:

Somebody forgot that it's Trump that has Putin's hand up his ass.  Fucking John Schnatter, racist undercooked pizza dough for brains asshat.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

Fuck face has his own band of Branch Trumpvidians who pay tribute to him with body art

Turns out Roger Stone is not the only Florida cretin with an image of a disgraced Republican president tattooed on his back.

Jeffrey Wayne Coker, 34, was arrested Saturday afternoon for fighting in public in Leesburg, a central Florida city. He was booked into the county jail on the misdemeanor charge and released from custody early Sunday morning after posting $1000 bond.

But before leaving the lockup, Coker posed for a series of mug shots that recorded his head-to-toe body art.

As seen above, Coker’s back includes a large U.S. flag atop which sits images of Donald Trump, the Statue of Liberty, a swastika, and a Nazi Eagle with SS bolts.  

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1

9 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

As seen above, Coker’s back includes a large U.S. flag atop which sits images of Donald Trump, the Statue of Liberty, a swastika, and a Nazi Eagle with SS bolts.  

image.png.a19b1c973a1f9ab941021e775f4a62cd.png

Confused or constipated?

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 1

20 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Coker’s back includes a large U.S. flag atop which sits images of Donald Trump, the Statue of Liberty, a swastika, and a Nazi Eagle with SS bolts.  

Someone worked for many hours to make . . . this.

Spoiler

image.png.849b8a4bc4f948f7a738e42a9d7b7f7d.png

I have no words.

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 4

12 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

image.png.a19b1c973a1f9ab941021e775f4a62cd.png

Confused or constipated?

Constipated is fuck face's normal facial expression.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

That's going to look interesting as he starts to age, sag, and wrinkle...

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Destiny locked this topic