IGNORED

Trump 55: The Bronze Baron Of Bedminster Wants Back On Twitter And the Forbes 400

GreyhoundFan

More under the spoiler:

Spoiler

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 15

I hope nobody shows that to Bro Gary - he'd be so proud to know that Donald preaches pretty much like he does, only slower and quieter.

• Upvote 7

Straight up blasphemy. It is absolutely an affront to every person of true faith, Christian or otherwise. Charlatans using the pretext of faith to spread hate. Those in the crowd have lost their way, but those on the pulpit are acting with absolute intent. 

• Upvote 11

@Cartmann99 - I found some video of the crowd there.  Here's a screenshot.  Decent sized crowd with almost no masks.   I looked at the crowd and spotted three masks.  It's a super spreader event.  They were all in there singing shoulder to shoulder.  Watching the video, you could tell that Trump didn't know all the words to the Christmas carols and sometimes was just standing there with his mouth closed. 

Jeffress' posture is interesting.  He's turned towards Trump and looks up occasionally.  He reminds me of fundie wives.

Spoiler

966672912_Screenshot(7831).png.faf1da7c65b1e3bf030050868ea2ebb0.png

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Straight up blasphemy. It is absolutely an affront to every person of true faith, Christian or otherwise. Charlatans using the pretext of faith to spread hate. Those in the crowd have lost their way, but those on the pulpit are acting with absolute intent. 

Yeah where the fuck is the IRS?  I wish they'd grow a fucking set and go after some of these reich wing "churches" tax exempt status.  I'm as religious as the next person but this pisses me off.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

Trump using his usual legal tactics. He is suing the NY AG to stop the case against his company. Why is he so afraid to testify?

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 2

On 12/18/2021 at 10:58 PM, Xan said:

Donald has been tweeting furiously (via Liz Harrington) recently.  The Twitterverse thinks it's because he's nervous about the NY investigations that might bring racketeering charges.  

442925203_Screenshot(7817).png.a77879ed3ad2e317ebf5202347a9332c.png

I'm still calling these "SHARTS".

Who in their right mind would ask Trump to give a Christmas message, in a church service? He clearly only attends church when he's dragged there, and is less than clueless about what Christianity even is. I'm amazed he doesn't burst into flames every time he walks in the doors of a church. I'm also amazed he hasn't stated "Austin 3:16" is his favorite Bible verse. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

BTs didn't like it when fuck knob got boosted

Former President Donald Trump was booed by a portion of an audience in Dallas on Sunday when he said he had received a Covid-19 booster shot, according to video of the closed press event that was shared on social media.

The comments by Trump -- who, despite championing his administration's efforts to develop Covid vaccines, rarely discusses his own vaccination and has largely declined to encourage others to get it -- came during a stop of his tour with former Fox News host Bill O'Reilly.

According to video tweeted by O'Reilly's "No Spin News," the former Fox News host says, "Both the President and I are vaxxed" and then asks Trump, "Did you get the booster?"

"Yes," Trump says to a smattering of boos in the audience. "Don't, don't, don't, don't, don't," Trump says in the video, seemingly trying to quiet the boos. "That's all right, it's a very tiny group over there."

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Who in their right mind would ask Trump to give a Christmas message, in a church service?

I believe you answered your own question there.

There is something very, very wrong with these people.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Trump using his usual legal tactics. He is suing the NY AG to stop the case against his company.

Really, it's the only thing he knows.  It's worked in the past to intimidate and make problems go away, and he does it reflexively.  All of the appeals forestall any consequence and there's always a possibility a Trump appointed judge will rule in his favor. 

• Upvote 7

Letitia James cuts Trump's new lawsuit off at the knees: He doesn't get to 'dictate' where he will answer for his actions

“The Trump Organization has continually sought to delay our investigation into its business dealings and now Donald Trump and his namesake company have filed a lawsuit as an attempted collateral attack on that investigation," James said in a statement. "To be clear, neither Mr. Trump nor the Trump Organization get to dictate if and where they will answer for their actions. Our investigation will continue undeterred because no one is above the law, not even someone with the name Trump.”

The usual Trump Two-Step of screaming with rage while playing the victim was then executed in a wobbly fashion:

Trump taunts Letitia James as fraud probe gathers steam: 'She's not dealing with the Cuomo brothers!'

"Tell Letitia that she is not dealing with the Cuomo brothers, a corrupt Governor in a corrupt state, including your office and others, and Fredo, who did the Governor’s dirty work for him," Trump said in his own statement.

James' office issued a report in October finding that then-Gov. Andrew Cuomo had sexually harassed at least 11 women, leading to his resignation and then the firing of his brother Chris Cuomo from CNN over his involvement in responding to the allegations.

"Despite many years of investigation that nobody else could have survived even if they did things just slightly wrong, yours is just a continuation of the political Witch Hunt that has gone on against me by the Radical Left Democrats for years," Trump said. "This is not about delay, this is about our Constitution! You are nothing but a corrupt official doing the dirty work of your party. You should not be in office."

Trump again taunted the attorney general for ending her campaign for governor as she announced that she would seek his deposition next month in the fraud case.

"This could well be the reason you were just rejected by the people of NY in your inept run for governor," Trump said. "You didn’t quit for a higher purpose, you quit because your poll numbers were atrocious — you didn’t have a chance. New York got lucky!"

Ms. James responded a second time by sending a case of teething biscuits to the former White House occupant. :wink-kitty:

• Haha 10
  • Thank You 1

9 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Letitia James cuts Trump's new lawsuit off at the knees: He doesn't get to 'dictate' where he will answer for his actions

The usual Trump Two-Step of screaming with rage while playing the victim was then executed in a wobbly fashion:

Trump taunts Letitia James as fraud probe gathers steam: 'She's not dealing with the Cuomo brothers!'

Ms. James responded a second time by sending a case of teething biscuits to the former White House occupant. :wink-kitty:

I just finished listening to Stephanie Grisham's "tell-all" about the TFG white house.  (which I don't rate especially highly, but --)

One thing she said was that since TFG only knows how to measure things in terms of power/strength/winner vs. weak/loser, anytime he wants to cut someone down, he goes for whatever will make that person feel the weakest or lowest.  She said he has a knack for knowing what sort of insults a person is most vulnerable to.

I was reminded of that the moment I saw he addressed AG James by her first name in his retort -- a classic sign of disrespect.

I'm so glad to hear she isn't fazed by his reaction.  Did she really send teething biscuits?  I love it!

• Upvote 9

My favorote quotes from the article "the court has ruled in Attorney General James’ favor multiple times." May she and her team be the ones to bring TFG down.

https://ag.ny.gov/press-release/2021/attorney-general-james-responds-trump-lawsuit 

“The Trump Organization has continually sought to delay our investigation into its business dealings and now Donald Trump and his namesake company have filed a lawsuit as an attempted collateral attack on that investigation. To be clear, neither Mr. Trump nor the Trump Organization get to dictate if and where they will answer for their actions. Our investigation will continue undeterred because no one is above the law, not even someone with the name Trump.”

• Upvote 13

15 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

Did she really send teething biscuits?  I love it!

That was my attempt at humor. :my_biggrin:

• Haha 3
  • Love 2

Fuck knob overpaid farmers

The Trump administration overpaid corn farmers by about $3 billion in federal aid in 2019 and farmers in the South were paid more for the same crops than those elsewhere in the country, a federal watchdog agency has found.

The Government Accountability Office said in a report released Monday that international disputes resulting from tariffs imposed by President Donald Trump hurt farmers but that the U.S. Department of Agriculture's county-by-county methodology for computing the extent of damage was flawed, leading to overpayment and inconsistent compensation.

“Though corn yields are higher in the Midwest and West, corn producers received an estimated average of $69 per acre in the South, $61 in the Midwest, $34 in the Northeast, and $29 in the West,” the report said.

The GAO report was requested by the Senate Agriculture Committee chaired by Michigan Democratic Sen. Debbie Stabenow.

“This report confirms that the Trump USDA picked winners and losers in their trade aid programs and left everyone else behind," Stabenow said in a statement. “Making larger payments to farmers in the South than farmers in the Midwest or elsewhere, regardless of whether those farmers actually experienced a larger loss, undermines our future ability to support farmers when real disasters occur.”

Of course he and his USDA would support the confederacy before anyone else.

• Upvote 8

Here's an idea -- maybe all news outlets should fail to send someone to cover this. It would deprive TFG of the attention he craves.

image.png.dfe5889755c34b7b35fc3b056cf3d4f8.png

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 11

13 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Here's an idea -- maybe all news outlets should fail to send someone to cover this. It would deprive TFG of the attention he craves.

image.png.dfe5889755c34b7b35fc3b056cf3d4f8.png

It would be sort of awesome if they turned up and arrested him live on air.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

11 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

It would be sort of awesome if they turned up and arrested him live on air.

That would definitely break the internet.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Trump Appeals to Supreme Court to Block Jan. 6 House Committee Accessing White House Archives on Capitol Riot

It was bound to be a bitter fight to the very end.

Former President Donald Trump has taken his battle to keep his White House records secret from the House Jan. 6 Committee all the way to the U.S. Supreme Court, filing a petition on Thursday asking justices to step in and block investigators.

The appeal could be Trump’s last-ditch effort to use the nation’s courts to slow down the work of the congressional committee, which is uncovering what role—if any—the Trump administration played in fomenting a violent mob attack on the U.S. Capitol to keep him in power.

Trump has already lost both initial rounds of this fight, with a federal judge noting that Trump doesn’t have the power of a king, and an appellate panel unanimously lambasting his pleas for having “no basis.”

In his 195-page petition, Trump’s legal team rehashed the same losing arguments: That he, as a former president, retains some semblance of “residual” executive privilege. That a former president can somehow override the current president’s decisions to turn over White House records. And that allowing investigators to comb through his administration’s communications—on a day when Trump was openly trying to prevent the peaceful transfer of power—threatens the future of the Republic.

“At stake is the ability of Presidents—past, current, and future—to rely upon executive privilege, separation of powers, and the Presidential Records Act to protect confidential Presidential records of deliberations from premature production to political rivals,” it says.

• Thank You 9

I wonder what game he’s playing now?  My guess is he’s distancing himself from the most rabid antivax crowd in an effort to look more sane and re-electable.  He’s still mentioning freedom to choose the shot and anti-mask, but I bet we’ll see more attempts to look quasi-mainstream as we get closer to 2024.  I wonder if Mr. Pillow Guy will be abandoned… 🤷‍♀️

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I wonder if someone has worked very hard to convince him that it's his strongest supporters for the least likely to be vaccinated and the most likely to die and if he thinks he wants to run for president and win in the next election he better have some supporters who are still alive, although being alive or voting just once don't seem to be important to the Republicans.

• Upvote 12

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic