IGNORED

Trump 55: The Bronze Baron Of Bedminster Wants Back On Twitter And the Forbes 400

GreyhoundFan

19 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

What a weak little sniveling coward. 

• I Agree 10

5 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Full transcript is here.

Yeah I heard about fuck face cutting his interview short when he was challenged on his bullshit.  It’s amazing how numbnuts can get that giant orange head of his through doors anymore. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 8

7 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Shit's heading for the fan!

My hopes have been lifted then squashed so many times I don’t quite know what to feel any longer 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11

16 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

My hopes have been lifted then squashed so many times I don’t quite know what to feel any longer 

Not to completely squash your hopes then, but this is for the Michael Cohen lawsuit, not anything from NY or DOJ. You'll need a lot more patience for that to happen...

• Upvote 8

18 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Not to completely squash your hopes then, but this is for the Michael Cohen lawsuit, not anything from NY or DOJ. You'll need a lot more patience for that to happen...

Anyone else find it super complicated, whenever they see headlines about subpoenas served or similar in a case in connection with TFG, to remember what cases about whom and what allegations are dealt with by what jurisdiction where, and thus, to anticipate what the article is going to be about?

Maybe I’m getting old, but I never found it that difficult to keep up with Obama’s lawsuits after he left office …

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

On 1/13/2022 at 10:37 AM, fraurosena said:

Shit's heading for the fan!

• Haha 9

11 hours ago, smittykins said:

I love that movie beyond all reason.

Yeah I do too.  What's getting scary is that when I make 70s or 80s movie references at work the younger folks have no idea what I'm talking bout.

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah I do too.  What's getting scary is that when I make 70s or 80s movie references at work the younger folks have no idea what I'm talking bout.

"like a broken record"

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, smittykins said:

Then William Shatner was in Airplane 2...

• Upvote 4

Just like his supporters, TFG is concerned with supply chain issues at Tiffany's.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I love Jim Acosta:

For as long as he lives, he will be ranting about his election loss. No matter his circumstances, if he's re-elected (Rufus forbid!) or if he's in prison, he'll be ranting about it. This was the absolute worst hit to his narcissistic ego in his entire life and he won't be able to let it go, ever.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 15

Incoherent old man rambles:

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Thank You 4

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Incoherent old man rambles:

See I am of two minds about this issue. On one hand I can see the Republicans having absolutely no ideas other than to own the libs and take back Congress because they want to be in charge. On the other hand, I can see them coming up with an evil devious list of things they want to do and being extremely careful not to share it with anyone so no one knows what they will do unless they're elected and it's too late.

Edited by Audrey2
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

12 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

See I am of two minds about this issue. On one hand I can see the Republicans having absolutely no ideas other than to own the libs and take back Congress because they want to be in charge. On the other hand, I can see them coming up with an evil devious list of things they want to do and being extremely careful not to share it with anyone so no one knows what they will do unless they're elected and it's too late.

Well, the Repubs in general, I could see it either way, but Trump?  He doesn't think beyond his next Diet Coke and hamberder, much less the next election.  He just wants to put money in his pocket.  He doesn't want to govern and I don't think he puts any effort into thinking about that part of it.   

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

Most of the world pre-escalator descent in 2015:  Donald Trump is rich!  Successful!  Has a TV show!  His name is synonymous with wealth!  The Trump name is GOLD!

Most of the world now:  Donald Trump is a loser!  A buffoon!  A moron!  A low-class idiot!  His wealth is all an illusion!  The Trump name is fool's gold!  

I really wonder if he had just stayed off that escalator whether he would have continued to be able to keep up the charade.  He had been able to somehow keep many people convinced he was a shrewd businessman.  Because he is actually not very smart or informed about what a run for POTUS would entail, I don't think he had any idea that his business and private life would suddenly be under a mega-powered microscope.  All he saw was power that, like a second grader, he believed was unfettered and medieval king-like.  Even a dyed in the wool narcissist like him can't ignore the loss of income as well as blow to his ego.  Hollywood, where he desperately wanted to be one of the "cool kids" has been openly mocking and rejecting him.  He's off the Forbes 400 (an ego blow and a public outing of his loss of income.)  Once completely loyal sycophants are turning on him.  The wolves are at the door.  For all his bluster, I really think he knows things are closing in on him.  Maybe it all would have happened anyway even if he had never decided to run for POTUS but it seems pretty odd that he managed to keep things at bay for decades and even have many seasons of The Apprentice and Celebrity Apprentice, only losing his shows when he included horribly racist comments in his announcement speech for his run for POTUS.  Maybe it's just my own desire for karma and my own schadenfreude, but I really think if he had never started his run for POTUS, he would still be merrily defrauding and showing up on his TV shows firing "celebrities".  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

6 hours ago, Becky said:

Well, the Repubs in general, I could see it either way, but Trump?  He doesn't think beyond his next Diet Coke and hamberder, much less the next election.  He just wants to put money in his pocket.  He doesn't want to govern and I don't think he puts any effort into thinking about that part of it.   

Republican to-do list:

• Own the libs
  • Make it harder for Dems to win
  • Pander to evangelicals (anti-abortion stuff always works)
  • Kiss Trump's backside
  • Rake in the cash

Trump's to-do list:

• Ride on the big airplane
  • Golf
  • Watch TV
  • Golf
  • Rant about losing the election
  • Golf
  • Call Putin
  • Golf
  • Steal as much government money as possible
  • Golf
  • Upvote 13

18 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Republican to-do list:

• Own the libs
  • Make it harder for Dems to win
  • Pander to evangelicals (anti-abortion stuff always works)
  • Kiss Trump's backside
  • Rake in the cash

Trump's to-do list:

• Ride on the big airplane
  • Golf
  • Watch TV
  • Golf
  • Rant about losing the election
  • Golf
  • Call Putin
  • Golf
  • Steal as much government money as possible
  • Golf

Don't forget these important items from TFG's agenda:

Pretend to drive a truck:

image.png.1acf2d198b43988fc9dfec78c2f01e51.png

Stay hydrated:

image.png.e77dd9aad0f3f1faa99f4536bd62e601.png

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

18 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Don't forget these important items from TFG's agenda:

Pretend to drive a truck:

image.png.1acf2d198b43988fc9dfec78c2f01e51.png

Stay hydrated:

image.png.e77dd9aad0f3f1faa99f4536bd62e601.png

Dance like no one’s watching:

Spoiler

image.gif.bdf339143f93594abe37f58d9ce693eb.gif

Edited by GreyhoundFan
Placed animated gif behind spoiler
  • Haha 9

Be scared shitless.

0C892EF0-5F52-4560-A350-A2A51D913F36.png.d4e2d4edddaf07b5ec9cea847ba71fd3.png

Supreme Court rejects Trump's bid to shield records from Jan. 6 committee

The Supreme Court on Wednesday rejected former President Trump's bid to block a trove of his administration's records from being handed to the Jan. 6 House committee.

The ruling came in an unsigned, one-paragraph order. Justice Clarence Thomas, a staunch conservative, was alone in indicating that he would have granted Trump’s request.

The move clears the way for congressional investigators to receive a batch of Trump-era schedules, call logs, emails and other requested documents that the committee says could illuminate key circumstances surrounding the deadly Capitol riot.

The order leaves intact a lower federal appeals court ruling that found Trump’s assertion of executive privilege and other legal theories unpersuasive in light of President Biden’s refusal to invoke privilege, as well as the House panel’s pressing task. 

The justices wrote that although the unprecedented dispute between a former president and lawmakers raised “serious and substantial concerns,” the Washington, D.C.,-based federal appeals court had suitably analyzed the issues at hand.

“Because the Court of Appeals concluded that President Trump’s claims would have failed even if he were the incumbent, his status as a former President necessarily made no difference to the court’s decision,” the court wrote.

Justice Brett Kavanaugh, who concurred with the majority’s ruling, wrote separately to note his disagreement with part of the lower appeals court’s reasoning and its prospective legal weight.  

Thomas, the lone dissenter, did not explain the source of his disagreement.

Trump turned to the Supreme Court last month after lower federal courts rejected his request to halt the National Archives from passing along his administration’s records. His attorneys had asked the justices to shield the disputed materials from disclosure while they considered his formal appeal, a request Wednesday’s ruling rebuffed. 

The Jan. 6 committee has not established a hard deadline for completing its investigation, but its chairman, Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), has said the panel hopes to wrap up by early spring.

The committee faces separate legal challenges to its investigative authority in ongoing court clashes with former Trump adviser Steve Bannon and former White House chief of staff Mark Meadows, as well as Trump spokesperson Taylor Budowich and post-election legal adviser John Eastman.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 10

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic