IGNORED

Trump 55: The Bronze Baron Of Bedminster Wants Back On Twitter And the Forbes 400

GreyhoundFan

Although I’m sure Trump would be careful in what he says, my hope is that he refers to Smartmatic and Dominion Voting Systems by name, so those companies can finally release their own kraken on his sorry ass.  And will people really be gathering around their televisions watching Mr. Pillow blather for 96 hours.  Won’t he ever just go away? 

• I Agree 11

2 hours ago, CTRLZero said:

And will people really be gathering around their televisions watching Mr. Pillow blather for 96 hours.  Won’t he ever just go away? 

He might get more sleep if he tried a better pillow.

• Haha 14

So it's not just paranoia on my part. Someone else is saying the quiet part out loud.

Trump's ex-communications director has warned that if the former president wins a 2nd term he would establish an autocracy in the US 

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trumps-ex-communications-director-warned-143552748.html

Spoiler

A former White House communications director has warned of a "nightmare scenario" if Donald Trump wins in 2024.

Alyssa Farah told CNN that Trump would "absolutely" impose some form of autocracy.

She added that he could weaponize the justice system against political opponents and use the military for political reasons.

An ex-White House official warned of a "nightmare scenario" if former President Donald Trump wins a second term, she told CNN, per Newsweek's reporting.

Alyssa Farah, who served as the White House's director of strategic communications and assistant to the president in 2020, told journalist CNN's Jake Tapper that Trump would "absolutely" impose some form of autocracy if re-elected in 2024.

She described her former boss as a "man who has challenged our institutions near to the breaking point," according to a clip from CNN'S "Trumping Democracy: An American Coup."

Farah went on to say that Trump's second term would be "very different," and added that is what "scares" her the most.

"There were things that he wanted to do when he was in power the first time that was well beyond the scope of what the US president should be able to do, but oftentimes it was simply the motivation of hoping to win reelection that kept him from doing things," she said.

When pressed for an example of things the former president might do differently, Farah outlined her expectations to Tapper. "Whether it's weaponizing the justice department against political opponents, whether it's going after the free press, he would certainly be open to using the military for political reasons as well," she said.

Trump has not officially announced a run for 2024 but signaled that he will run when teasing a campaign slogan at an October rally in Iowa.

His former chief of staff, Mark Meadows, said last week that he would bet all of his money on Trump running for a second term.

Another ex-White House official, Fiona Hill, who served as former President Donald Trump's top Russia expert, recently said that that Trump could win in 2024 if he decides to win. Like Farah, she offered a less than complimentary assessment of a second term.

"Just one constitutional crisis after another," Hill told The Hill. "We're in for a wild ride. We're already in it."

• Upvote 12

Yeah this is pretty much fuck knob to a T

• Thank You 5

Yeah, seeing more fuck knob here

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Trump  has already filed an appeal about releasing the records.  I'm hoping it's denied quickly.  There's something that he's frantic to protect from public eyes.

It's interesting to me that he thinks his old tactics will continue to work.  He's gotten by with everything in his life so far by suing, dragging out lawsuits, and refusing to cooperate.  I wonder if he's finally come to the end of being able to use legal maneuvers?

• I Agree 11

3 minutes ago, Xan said:

... I wonder if he's finally come to the end of being able to use legal maneuvers?

Dear gods, I hope so.  He is like an out-of-control toddler who has never been told "No." 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

There isn’t a lot that would damage Trump with his base, but I do wonder if these papers have him giving orders to make sure Pence was killed. I think that might make his evangelical GOP base squirm and decide they want someone else. Pence is one of them and right now they can claim the hang Pence stuff was done by democrats. But if it comes out that Trump was there screaming to kill Pence, they very well decide to latch onto the next crazy person who wants to be their leader. 

• Upvote 10

The court of appeals has issued a temporary hold on releasing the documents.  There will be a hearing on, I think, Nov. 30.

• Thank You 6

1 hour ago, Xan said:

The court of appeals has issued a temporary hold on releasing the documents.  There will be a hearing on, I think, Nov. 30.

Damn it! His tactic of dragging shit out is working. 

• Upvote 9

21 hours ago, formergothardite said:

There isn’t a lot that would damage Trump with his base, but I do wonder if these papers have him giving orders to make sure Pence was killed. I think that might make his evangelical GOP base squirm and decide they want someone else. Pence is one of them and right now they can claim the hang Pence stuff was done by democrats. But if it comes out that Trump was there screaming to kill Pence, they very well decide to latch onto the next crazy person who wants to be their leader. 

As the evangelical GOP consider Trump the literal second coming, I very much doubt if it would damage him with his base at all.

If it turns out Trump deliberately put Pence in harms' way (I believe Trump is too savvy to put an actual hit on him, let alone have it put into writing), they will say it was Pence's fault for not doing what Trump wanted. Heck, they'd even twist it so that it wasn't Trump putting Pence in harm's way, but Pence doing it to himself.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

10 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

As the evangelical GOP consider Trump the literal second coming, I very much doubt if it would damage him with his base at all.

True. With most of Trump's base, he could literally have executed Pence himself on stage and they'd have stayed with him.

There are, however, some Republicans who voted for Pence in the last election. Meaning they voted for Trump, despite not liking him, because they liked and respected Pence. I keep thinking at some point there's got to be a bridge too far, and the non-crazies will fall off the Trump train. I think if it's clear he deliberately put Pence in danger, that might knock a few more people who aren't completely brainwashed yet. The problem is that these few Republicans (in congress, and voters) who have sense and morals and see how horrible Trump is, are terrified of the crazies. If Pence, the VP, was in actual danger, then any Republican who speaks out against Trump is at risk.

It's a slow coup instead of a sudden one, that way. There needs to be a third party, for the moderates. Especially the ones who say they are "fiscally conservative" but not necessarily socially conservative. It'd be better for the country on a human rights level, and would limit the bigots somewhat. 

• Upvote 14

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

If it turns out Trump deliberately put Pence in harms' way (I believe Trump is too savvy to put an actual hit on him, let alone have it put into writing), they will say it was Pence's fault for not doing what Trump wanted. Heck, they'd even twist it so that it wasn't Trump putting Pence in harm's way, but Pence doing it to himself.

Remember these are the same fundies and evangelicals that if a woman is sexually assaulted twist themselves into pretzels to figure out how it was the woman's fault and not the man's.

Really I think the only things that would turn these groups off would be if Trump came out as LGBTQ or if Trump performed an abortion on live TV. 

• Upvote 10

9 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

Really I think the only things that would turn these groups off would be if Trump came out as LGBTQ or if Trump performed an abortion on live TV. 

You're forgetting that cult leaders are allowed to do things that are forbidden for the rank and file.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

God help me, I'm beginning to feel hopeful.  Bannon being arrested is a really good thing.  And if they start arresting more people, someone is going to sing like a canary eventually.  If you add to that, the documents that might be available after November 30, it might be enough.

I know Trump has an unshakable base but it's not as many people as you'd think.  They're propped up by dark money and that money will slip away as soon as things start to turn for Trump.  The Kochs and Mercers don't stick by losers for long.  And Putin will cut him loose and start working on his other plots to undermine America.  If it looks like he might have to testify, Trump might flee to another country.  My guess is Saudi Arabia.  Having him leave the country will let a lot of air out of this particular balloon.

As for the rightwingers, they'll develop amnesia and fall in love with Pence or Cruz or Hawley and act as if they never believed that Trump would be back.  Lying is their best party trick.

Yeah, I know that's wildly optimistic.  Just for now, I'm going to cling to my sad little dream.

• Upvote 18

8 hours ago, Xan said:

Yeah, I know that's wildly optimistic.  Just for now, I'm going to cling to my sad little dream.

I profoundly disagree.
It’s not a sad little dream at all. It’s a tiny little light shining at the end of a long dark tunnel. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 7

Trump has announced through his mouthpiece on Twitter, Liz Harrington, that he's sent his "envoy ambassador" Ric Grenell to the Servia/Kosovo region.  I think he's still trying to pretend he's the president with his own cabinet and his own foreign policy.  It will be interesting to see if anyone slaps his hand for this.

Technically, this is a violation of the Logan Act.  Ordinary citizens can't tamper in foreign policy unless directed to by our government.  The law is a bit toothless but it's still a law.  If I were Biden, I'd go after Trump for this one.   

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

Sounds like TFG has been consulting with Jill Rodrigues: "envoy ambassador diplomat emissary"?

• Haha 12

Obviously someone told a narcissist that he should run for President.

• Upvote 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic