IGNORED

2022 Midterm Elections

47of74

It looks like an insanely quick time frame for filing statement of costs, etc.  Hope they have their billable hours up to date.  Lake is another person who should just go away. 

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

Failed Congressional Candidate Lavern Spicer has made an ass of herself again.

Far-right Republican Lavern Spicer—who recently lost her bid for election in Florida's 24th congressional district—was widely mocked online after another Twitter user fact-checked a tweet she made suggesting the late, great playwright William Shakespeare never used pronouns in his plays.

Earlier, Spicer claimed Shakespeare "didn't walk around putting pronouns in his plays," a distinction she said makes them "classics." She suggested it would have been ridiculous if the general Macbeth mentioned his pronouns are "they/them" in the play that bears his name.

Spicer likely did not expect to be fact-checked by Twitter user Jason Tondro, who tweets using the handle @doctorcomics.

Tondro's takedown of Spicer's tweet quickly went viral and exposed Spicer to further mockery online.

She should sit down and STFU.  Really.  We went through Romeo and Juliet in high school and Othello in college.  I'll let you all guess how long it was in both plays before pronouns were used.  If you guessed not too fornicating long you were right.

• Thank You 5

Of course, if you brought that up to them, they’d say “You know what I mean.” 

• I Agree 2

Looks like Lake is emulating her hero some more and committing crimes over the outcome of her election campaign.

Former Republican gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake was referred to the Arizona attorney general for investigation on Monday afternoon. According to the referral, which came from Secretary of State Adrian Fontes, Lake violated state law by tweeting out copies of voter signatures in her tweets.

Lake's tweet that is being targeted by the secretary claims that the GOP-led Senate confirmed that 40,000 ballots were illegal, showing examples of voters' signatures, which is against the law.

"Nothing in this section shall preclude public inspection of voter registration records at the office of the county recorder for the purpose prescribed by this section, except that ... the records containing a voter's signature ... shall not be accessible or reproduced by any person other than the voter..." the office cited in the referral.

• Thank You 5

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

She’s three or four cans short of a six pack:

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 5

I wonder if she really believes this crap or if it’s just all a show. 

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 3

12 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I wonder if she really believes this crap or if it’s just all a show. 

Given that the Arizona House, controlled by republicans no less, just expelled one of their own for endorsing stupid. If I were Kari, I wouldn't be holding out all that hope that anyone is really going to be supporting her crazy ass...

State Rep. Liz Harris was expelled Wednesday from the Arizona House of Representatives for ethics violations resulting from inviting a conspiracy theorist to publicly testify before lawmakers earlier this year.

The resolution to expel the first-term Republican, elected in November, stated that she had brought “disrepute and embarrassment to the House of Representatives,” resulting in “disorderly behavior.” Forty-six Arizona representatives in the GOP-controlled House voted to remove her from her elected position, meeting a two-thirds threshold to expel lawmakers. Thirteen members opposed her expulsion.

CNN reached out to Harris at her legislative office and personal number. She has not responded to CNN’s request for comment.

Arizona Rep. Lupe Diaz, a fellow Republican, voted to expel Harris, saying on the House floor, “We need to have integrity in the institution, and I do not take this vote lightly. I do vote yes.”

Rep. Alex Kolodin, also a Republican, defended Harris ahead of the vote. “They [the public] will perceive that they don’t have a true voice in this body because when they elect somebody to rock the boat, and she does it … admittedly in the wrong way … a way that should have been better considered, that that member will be expelled. So, in order to protect this body, to preserve public trust and confidence in us and more importantly in the legislature as a means for being the peoples voice, and bringing about real change, I do sadly but resolutely vote no.”

When the resolution was passed, a voice off camera could be heard yelling, “Shame on you. Shame, shame, shame!”

The Arizona Legislature live stream then cut off.

In February, Harris had invited Jacqueline Breger to present findings of what Breger and Harris claimed were an investigation. Breger spewed a number of lies and attacks against public officials, including Democratic Gov. Katie Hobbs. One of those lies spread on social media and resulted in Hobbs responding with a joke before cameras saying, “No, I am not involved with the Sinaloa cartel. I’m not taking bribes from them and I’m not laundering their money.”

Harris is a well-known conspiracy theorist and election denier in Arizona. She was a constant figure during the GOP-led review of Maricopa County’s 2020 ballots. Election experts condemned the review calling it an attempt to overturn the state’s election results.

Arizona House Democrats issued a statement supporting the expulsion, saying that “misinformation, lies and conspiracies are not harmless, and it’s not just politics.” They noted that the lies presented in Breger’s televised testimony were picked up by partisan media and social media influencers.

“The integrity of our institution was damaged in that moment. That damage continues to accumulate, and for that there must be accountability,” House Democrats said in their statement.

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • Upvote 4

• 1 month later...

I bet she has already sent out an “urgent” fundraising email about this:

• Upvote 4

Pathetic desperate woman says what?

And if she’s not happy on earth, I’m sure many of us would be thrilled to see her on a one-way trip elsewhere. 

• Upvote 4

Kari is now cosplaying:

image.png.e614e35d6d1bd2b4be264c26481a0978.png

• Upvote 5