IGNORED

2022 Midterm Elections

47of74

Back in my former Congressional district incumbent GQP Rep. Ashley Hinson had to be briefly hospitalized due to a kidney infection.  I do hope she gets better and I'm pretty sure her challenger State Sen. Liz Mathis wishes her well too. 

I think the Democrats in Iowa will be a lot more decent about the whole thing than the GQP would be if the situation was reversed.  Just based on how the Republicans and their fucking media stooges are treating John Fetterman in Pennsylvania.  If Mathis had been the one that had been hospitalized the Dubuque Shithouse Herald, KCRG, Des Moines Register, and so on would've probably gone from now to election day questioning her fitness to serve.  And if said media outlets don't like my attitude - as someone with neurological issues I get pretty fucking sore in a pretty fucking hurry if you're using someone's neurological issues as a basis to attack them regardless of whether they run for public office or not.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Mastriano is unhinged. 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 3

B5B1F9C8-D9A9-4DB0-9C22-2B51C8C26274.jpeg.d529180a0901e3f61771930baf29e220.jpeg

Yes as someone who’d rather have a chainsaw vasectomy than put up with that sack of shit Kanye any day of the week and twice on Sunday. 

• Upvote 6

Sadly, we know Sarah will probably win AR by a wide margin, despite being far less qualified. 
image.thumb.png.0186226531ccecdf0c455ddb547f6594.png

• Upvote 6

Some newspapers are doing away with editorial endorsements. 

Newspaper endorsements are fading away as prizes to be nabbed by political campaigns, the practice a victim of both the news industry’s troubles and the era’s bitter politics.

Earlier this month, newspapers controlled by Alden Global Capital said they would no longer endorse candidates for president, governor and the U.S. Senate. The newspapers in the hedge fund’s portfolio include dozens of dailies like the Chicago Tribune, New York Daily News, Boston Herald, Orlando Sentinel and San Jose Mercury News.

They’re not alone. The days when a prominent endorsement would quickly make it way into a campaign ad or voters would clip out an editorial to take into the voting booth seem destined for history.

“I do think you can make the argument in many cases that they’ve outlived their usefulness because of the increased polarization and the skepticism of media in general,” said Carol Hunter, executive editor of the Des Moines Register. “I don’t think that’s a healthy trend. But I think that’s reality.”

Yeah probably about time to do that.  News media should be neutral instead of being wholly owned subsidiaries of the GQP. 

• Upvote 4

On 10/21/2022 at 8:05 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

Mastriano is unhinged. 

This is my state election, and I'm terrified this whackjob will win. 

• Upvote 5

image.thumb.png.1ad87b975705832593fccd05fe8dd53c.png

I don't know how the name of Sarah Huckabee Sanders' alma mater is pronounced, but it is very difficult not to hear it in my head as "You, a cheater!"

Maybe it's just because it's next to her picture.

• Haha 8

This is what I’m afraid will happen if the GQP wins control of either house of Congress 

• I Agree 4
  • Thank You 2

I'm so anxious about these elections. That's all I've got now.

• I Agree 9

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

I'm so anxious about these elections. That's all I've got now.

I‘m sending you a big hug from Europe. I‘m with you all American FJers hoping the worst won’t happen next Tuesday and there will be a reason to celebrate.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

Add me to the list of people who's crapping boulders about the election next Tuesday. It seems to me that so many of the wrong Republicans (okay now that there are right Republicans but these are really wackadoodle) like Herschel Walker, Dr Oz, and JD Vance are pulling ahead. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I live in NC, and there was a shooting in Raleigh a few weeks ago. The kid is 15, shot his 16-year old brother and then multiple people in the adjacent greenway. So little attention is being paid. No information about who made these guns available to him. His parents, and I acknowledge that they are in deep grief with the shooter-son in the hospital and their other son dead, have said very little and we know at least dad is an active Republican. 

Meanwhile NC decides on sending Ted fucking Budd to the senate, who owns a gun store and shooting range, versus a strong black justice, Cheri Beasley. And no one is even talking about it. Because gun culture matters so much here. 

Lifelong Minnesotan, finding a new life in the south. 😳😳

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 5

Gee, he fits right in with today’s GQP:

Sadly, the mango moron will probably try to appoint this nasty piece of work to be Attorney General. 

• Thank You 6

NJ resident doesn’t know much about PA sports teams;

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7

KCRG shilled for the Iowa GQP and still didn’t get invited to the party 

The Iowa Republican Party has blocked access for KCRG-TV9 to cover its political rally on election night in an apparent effort to blacklist a media outlet due to coverage.

The Republican Party of Iowa is hosting a GOP Victory Party at the Hilton in Downtown Des Moines on election night, similar to events held every election night. Governor Kim Reynolds, Senator Chuck Grassley and other top party candidates and leaders are scheduled to watch election results and speak to supporters there on election night.

KCRG-TV9 received notification Monday afternoon that it was not granted a credential for the event, citing capacity. Iowa GOP spokesperson Kollin Crompton told KCRG-TV9 that “priority was given to Des Moines media”, which would allow KCRG to take a feed of speeches at the event from an affiliate station in Des Moines.

However, KCRG has confirmed local media outlets from outside the Des Moines area did receive credentials, meaning capacity limits and favoring Des Moines media does not fully explain why the party selectively blocked KCRG access to the event.

• Thank You 3

She’s a real piece of work:

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

It looks like Oz is being sent back to Jersey!

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

I agree, I don’t care what he wears. 

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I agree, I don’t care what he wears. 

Well, since MAGA bastards never called Jordan on his allergy to jackets, they need to suck it up and stop mocking Fetterman. Of course, they won't.

• Upvote 9