IGNORED

2022 Midterm Elections

47of74

Some good news here

Former 1st District Congresswoman Abby Finkenauer is preparing to run for Iowa Senator Chuck Grassley’s senate seat, according to a report by Politico.

Citing two sources familiar with her plans, the report says that Finkenauer has started the process of assembling a potential campaign team.

Grassley, 87, was first elected to the Senate in 1980 and has been reelected six times (the last being in 2016). Grassley says he has not decided if he will seek reelection in 2022.

A recent Des Moines Register/Mediacom poll found that a majority of Iowans are hoping Grassley does not seek reelection. But Grassley has been dismissive of that poll and said he may run again for an 8th term.

That would be the perfect fornicate you to Ashley Hinson and her supporters if Abby won Chuck's senate seat. 

Regardless of who faces Chuck they 100000% have my support.  A potted pot plant would be better than Grassley and would do a better job.

• Upvote 6

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

This is depressing.

What’s even more depressing is that there are people who vote for them.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12

• 3 weeks later...

Heads up that the video in the second tweet is NSFW because of language.

• Thank You 7

I was visiting my family in Ohio a few years ago when Josh Mandel was running for state office (Treasurer?) and I didn't like him then. We definitely don't need him in congress. His ads then were really obnoxious.

• Upvote 4

The Texas gubernatorial race is going to be even nuttier than expected:

Spoiler

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...

He's running for the VA-07 House seat.

Spoiler

image.png.545949f424dd203f2b64fb899d8ebbbb.png

image.png.0101221e4e974bd5307528080032ceb4.png

• Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 5
  • Haha 1

Bless his heart...

Spoiler

image.png.475e28c33b79fb30e289a0ce6ec7388d.png

image.png.dc9486b3afb06794c1365e09be175429.png

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

I really hope Ohioans do not elect Vance. :pb_rollseyes:

• WTF 8

• 2 weeks later...

@Cartmann99 -- This loony is standing there getting the crowd to chant "Unmask our children".  WTF??  I never thought I'd see the day when the rightwing was so happy to sacrifice kids.  They've gone from wanting to save every embryo to not giving a damn whether real children live or die.  

Now I'm just going to bang my head against the desk for awhile...

• Upvote 12

Ohio, please don't make this guy a U.S. Senator. :pray:

• Upvote 5

12 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Ohio, please don't make this guy a U.S. Senator. :pray:

This might help to allay your fears of his chances somewhat:

• Upvote 5

On 8/20/2021 at 1:46 AM, fraurosena said:

This might help to allay your fears of his chances somewhat:

Gerrymandering will not affect the race in question because there are no districts to gerrymander in U.S. Senate races. It's similar to voting for president in that regard. That map is showing Ohio's U.S. House districts. :pb_smile:

Walker's registering to vote because he just moved to Georgia.

• Thank You 4

What a prince /s "An Oklahoma man running for governor was arrested in kidnapping and rape of campaign applicant, police say"

Over the years, Paul Tay has gained notoriety in Tulsa as a perennial candidate for city government who enjoys executing controversial stunts to gain publicity. He’s crashed live mayoral debates, held inappropriate signs outside schools and bicycled down an expressway towing an inflatable penis.

The 58-year-old, who is now running for governor of Oklahoma as an independent, made headlines again this week.

Tay was arrested Monday in the kidnapping of a woman who had responded to an ad for his campaign team, Tulsa police said. He was also charged with assault with a dangerous weapon and rape, police said. He is being held in Tulsa County Jail with bond set at $85,000, jail records show. A lawyer was not listed.

The arrest was not Tay’s first, though he has continued to seek public office amid legal battles. Court records show he pleaded guilty after being arrested in 2003 and charged with assaulting a police officer. He has also had multiple protective orders against him, including one in April 2019 from a Tulsa city councilor who said he harassed, stalked and threatened her and her newborn baby. Tay was arrested and accused of violating the restraining order within 24 hours of it being ordered.

He was arrested again about three months later on charges of soliciting prostitution and found guilty in the case in January 2020 for outraging public decency. He was sentenced to nine months in jail, court records show.

The woman who police say was kidnapped responded to a Craigslist ad for a job with Tay’s gubernatorial campaign on Sunday. Police said the job advertised a place to stay in addition to a paid salary.

Tay offered to pick the woman up in Bethany, Okla., and drive her about 12 miles to southeast Oklahoma City, police said. Once they were in the car, Tay instead began driving to Tulsa, according to police.

The woman then tried to get out of the car, police said, but Tay wouldn’t let her exit.

“Instead, Tay hit the victim with a pipe and sexually assaulted her,” police said in a news release.

Tay later stopped at a gas station about 33 miles south of Tulsa in Beggs, Okla., the woman told police. He then allegedly panhandled for gas money, leaving the woman locked in the car.

“The victim said she was afraid to try to get out of the car because he had already assaulted her with a pipe,” police said.

Once he collected enough money for gas, he filled the tank and allegedly drove to his Tulsa home. He then sexually assaulted the woman again and raped her with a pipe, according to police.

On Monday, the woman convinced Tay to take her to Walmart so she could buy hygiene products. While in the store, she managed to separate from Tay and ask a Walmart employee for help, police said.

Officers soon arrived and arrested Tay in the parking lot.

Tay faces five years to life in prison for the first-degree rape charge, up to 10 years for assault with a dangerous weapon and up to 20 years for kidnapping.

He is due in court on Monday.

This person is a nasty, ugly guy, but I couldn't help but snicker at the inflatable penis.

• Upvote 6
  • Disgust 2

Herschel is the perfect modern GQPer:

• WTF 2
  • Thank You 4

• 2 weeks later...