IGNORED

2022 Midterm Elections

47of74

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

It’s not just Nancy stepping back from leadership. Steny Hoyer and Jim Clyburn, the number two and three are also stepping down. Hakim Jeffries appears to be the front runner for Dem leader. 

Probably a good thing too in order to let some fresh, hard, pipe hitting blood take the reins and start working towards getting majorities back when the fuck head Republicans in Congress overreach like they always do and get smacked by the voters. 

I saw that Chuck Schumer wanted Speaker Pelosi to stay on in a leadership role but I'm guessing she's tired of all the bullshit especially after the attack on her husband and is ready to turn it over to a younger generation. 

• Upvote 6

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/17/congress-house-democrats-minority-leaders-plan

Speaker Nancy Pelosi's reign over the House Democratic Party is officially coming to a close, and she's passing the baton to a new generation of leaders.

Why it matters: Those who have served loyally by her side for nearly two decades — Majority Leader Steny Hoyer and Whip Jim Clyburn — have said they are ready to step aside to allow for the new guard to ascend to power. That's given way to the rise of Reps. Hakeem Jeffries (D-N.Y.), Katherine Clark (D-Mass.) and Pete Aguilar (D-Calif.).

The three have developed a close relationship while serving together in leadership, and they'll run as a united front with buy-in from a large swath of the Democratic caucus that is eager to usher in a younger and more diverse group of leaders to power.

If it does wind up being these three, it will be great to see what they can do. 

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, AnywhereButHere said:

https://www.axios.com/2022/11/17/congress-house-democrats-minority-leaders-plan

If it does wind up being these three, it will be great to see what they can do. 

But what will Republicans do without their favorite boogywoman, Nancy Pelosi, in charge? Their second favorite boogywoman, AOC, also won't be in charge. Sure they'll complain about the man but their misogynistic enough that their true boogyperson is a boogywoman not a boogyman.

• Upvote 6

7 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

But what will Republicans do without their favorite boogywoman, Nancy Pelosi, in charge? Their second favorite boogywoman, AOC, also won't be in charge. Sure they'll complain about the man but their misogynistic enough that their true boogyperson is a boogywoman not a boogyman.

Oh, they’ll demonize ebil skeery black man Hakim Jeffries. It won’t be as satisfying to them, but they’ll adapt. 

More whining from one of 2022’s biggest losers:

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 7
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Oh, they’ll demonize ebil skeery black man Hakim Jeffries. It won’t be as satisfying to them, but they’ll adapt. 

More whining from one of 2022’s biggest losers:

She really needs to watch these videos of herself and hear how absolutely bat crackers she sounds. How does anybody actually believe and spread this nonsense? Thank Rufus her ridiculous ass lost. 

• Upvote 4

Tulsi fornicated around and found out 

On October 11, Tulsi Gabbard proudly announced her departure from the Democratic Party. Calling on “fellow common sense independent-minded Democrats” to join her, Gabbard wasted no time on her new path, endorsing 13 Republicans before the midterm elections.

Many of the races were high-stakes. Among Gabbard’s endorsements were election denialists and conspiracy theorists. 

Ten out of the 13 candidates she endorsed went on to lose their election.

• Upvote 5

I hope the Iowa news media and the people of Iowa realize this might be the last such settlement for a while.

Opioid makers Teva Pharmaceuticals and Allergan reached a settlement with Iowa Attorney General Tom Miller that they would provide $42.6 million to the state of Iowa and local governments.

As part of the settlement Teva agreed to pay a maximum of $4.25 billion over 13 years across the nation, as well as provide $1.2 billion in generic naloxone (which counteracts overdoses) over a 10-year period.

Allergan agreed to pay up to $2.37 billion nationally over a seven-year period.

“I am pleased to announce my support for this meaningful resolution negotiated by a bipartisan group of AGs. These settlements will not only provide $6.6 billion nationally to address the opioids crisis, but they will also require changes to reduce the risk of addicting patients,” Miller said. “We held Teva and Allergan accountable for deceptively marketing opioids and failing to maintain effective controls to prevent diversion. And we will continue to ensure victims of this epidemic receive the help they need.”

Iowa media supported a Branch Trumpvidian dumb fuck and got people to vote for her so if they think she'll hold people like these accountable they got another goddamn thing coming.

• Thank You 3

Meanwhile, in my blue state, my congressionl rep won by a very, very close margin. Repugs were hoping to flip it. From a local paper.

"The race attracted millions of dollars in outside money, with national Republicans seeing the ...Congressional District as a key opportunity to crack Democrats’ lock on the state’s congressional delegation."

• Upvote 4

I bet Kari is angry that her little protest didn’t attract more people. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Another overwhelming crowd at the Kai Lake protest. Watch when the camera pans the audience. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Another overwhelming crowd at the Kai Lake protest. Watch when the camera pans the audience. 

Wow! I haven't seen crowds like that since Trump's election day!

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Crowd control must have been a bear. 

• Haha 7

One of the smaller Arizona counties that is ruby red decided not to certify the 2022 election. That may bite them hard:

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

Poor Kari, even the courts are telling her she’s a loser:

• Upvote 7

On 12/1/2022 at 3:16 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Poor Kari, even the courts are telling her she’s a loser:

Yeah i just heard about her lawyers getting spanked too.

Not only did the attorneys for Kari Lake and Mark Finchem lose a federal case surrounding their accusations of election fraud, but Judge John Tuchi said the entire suit was based on “conjectural allegations” and was nothing more than a “frivolous complaint.” And then he hit their attorneys with sanctions.

The dismissed suit dates back to April, when attorneys for Lake and Finchem filed against two AZ counties – Maricopa and Pima – to try to prevent them from using electronic machines, even though, as the judge noted in his opinion, they had to know that their allegations about the counties not using paper were false since evidence submitted by the defendants showed that “Plaintiffs themselves have voted on paper ballots for nearly twenty years.”

Stoked by the wasting of the court’s time and the threat such actions pose to our republic, Tuchi informed the attorneys – which include former Harvard Law professor and Trump defender Alan Dershowitz – that they would be sanctioned and forced to pay the costs of the opposing side since the case had no merit and was only intended to disrupt the democratic process.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah sure Kari

Kari Lake, the GOP’s failed Arizona gubernatorial candidate, was mocked on Tuesday for telling a story that critics suggested sounded just like something former President Donald Trump would say.

Lake claimed on Twitter that a UPS delivery driver “just told us he is ‘devastated’ that they ‘stole another election’ and asked how he could help.”

• Eyeroll 6

On 12/15/2022 at 9:05 AM, libgirl2 said:

Well, Trump has his big life saving announcement, could be VP Lake! 

I wonder if she was disappointed that it was a bunch of NFTs and not her being named as his running mate.

Now Lake is whining because Secretary of State Katie Hobbs certified her own election as governor and all the graduates of the combined Trump University School of Law, Medicine, Religion, Art, History, and Business are complaining

Former news anchor Kari Lake repeatedly called for her Democratic opponent in Arizona’s 2022 gubernatorial race, Secretary of State Katie Hobbs, to recuse herself from certifying the results of her own election.

Hobbs refused, and a social media post suggested Hobbs’ refusal was unconstitutional. 

“Secretary of State, Katie Hobbs, signing the certification of Katie Hobbs, for Arizona Governor. Nothing unconstitutional goings (sic) on here,” reads the image attached to a Dec. 6 Instagram post that was liked 75 times in three days.

Doug Spencer, a law professor at the University of Colorado, told USA TODAY the suggestion that it's unconstitutional for a secretary of state to certify results of their own election is “demonstrably false.” 

Professor Spencer went on to say that neither the state or federal constitutions say anything about who certifies an election and it's not unusual for elected officials to certify their own elections - not just in Arizona but all over.

I wish Lake would grow the fuck up and concede already.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 4

But if Lake conceded, who would pay her to attend the MAGA shows?  She's got to keep contesting in order to bilk the rubes.  I think she's still convinced that Donny will pick her as VP and then she'll get even more airtime.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

These people are exhausting. They come up with more excuses than a four year old caught sneaking cookies out of the cookie jar. 

• Upvote 3