IGNORED

2022 Midterm Elections

47of74

I feel like mitch didn't grasp that the fanatics he put on the Supreme Court were fanatical enough that they would overthrow abortion right before an election. He made a serious miscalculation and it is delightful to see his little world start crumbling. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5

Mitch and crew apparently never watched Bruno. "You don't want the money. You want the issue." 

Republicans have been running and winning on the abortion issue for a lifetime. Now they got it, and ooops. No more issue - just backlash. 

Edited by AnywhereButHere
  • I Agree 11

27 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Mitch and crew apparently never watched Bruno. "You don't want the money. You want the issue." 

Republicans have been running and winning on the abortion issue for a lifetime. Now they got it, and ooops. No more issue - just backlash. 

Exactly, some voters no longer had to worry about the abortion issue and were able to vote for someone other than a Republican. Or maybe they didn't even bother voting. And those on the other side were galvanized to vote. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

23 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

How so? I’d think it was good for him as it helped pave the way for decimating Roe v Wade. 

ETA: Not being snarky just curious 

20 hours ago, Xan said:

Decimating Roe v. Wade was what got younger women out in record numbers to vote for Democrats.  Nearly 3/4 of women 18-39 voted for Democrats.  It's a bit like the dog that chased the car and finally got one.  Once McConnell caught it, he couldn't handle it.  If they'd listened to Chief Justice Roberts, they'd have slow-walked overturning R v. W and slid it past a lot of the voters.  Unfortunately for Mitch, the rightwing branch of the court ran with it.  And he's the one who helped get those Federalist judges seated.

I think overturning Roe not only got out women voters, it also was the only carrot they had to dangle in front of a lot of single issue voters nationally as a party. I think there were a LOT of mainstream Christian people who held their noses and voted R even when it was someone vile like Trump, because they are anti-choice and believe in "saving the babies". Some of those probably stayed home this time, especially in states where "trigger laws" were in place to severely limit abortion. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

On 11/12/2022 at 11:29 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

The 2 big ones I’ve seen on Reddit are: Vote harvesting and my favorite one, Vote curing. Yep, the Dems are rigging this election by allowing people to cure their votes. If I wasn’t banned in that forum I so wanted to ask, “explain to me, in your own words, what curing a vote means.” You know these parrots have zero idea what that means.

• Upvote 7

Dobbs really did screw so many Rs who had it as their only talking point. It’s similar to when the Rs had both chambers of Congress and Trump as POTUS for two years. They had spent 8 years doing nothing but whining and complaining about Obama, put Hillary “on trial” and trying to obstruct the Dems, that when they were handed the football on the one yard line with plenty of time left on the clock and the other team nowhere nearby, they fumbled over and over while moving the ball back toward the 50 yard line before gently placing it in the hands of the Ds. They had no clue how to actually get anything done besides shoving through three shady SCOTUS Justices. All that managed to do was drain the public’s trust in the SCOTUS as a non-political entity bound by stare decisis and, to continue my analogy, once again turn what should have been a fairly easy touchdown into moving the ball pretty far down the opposite side of the field. 

• Upvote 12

About Kari Lake…

The devil made me do it. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

3 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

About Kari Lake…

The devil made me do it. 

Speaking of the devil, wonder if Steve Piss Boy Anderson has to say. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Speaking of the devil, wonder if Steve Piss Boy Anderson has to say. 

Is that the guy who was jumping on the podium one time over teh gayz?  

• Upvote 3

26 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Is that the guy who was jumping on the podium one time over teh gayz?  

Yup that’s him. He is also obsessed on how men pee. Pervert. 

• Upvote 3

Republicans threatened to impeach Biden if they won the House.  However, so many of Trumps alt-reich, Stolen Vote! proteges went down in flames in the mid terms that this idiotic performative bull shit will likely be shut down by the Speaker (maybe). 

I'm hoping the wing nuts like Gym Jordan, MTG, Boebert (if she wins) will be reined in this time around and saner and cooler Republican heads will prevail.  The mid terms showed that The Crazy isn't what voters really want. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 11

With the House under republican control she may still be a little woozy, but hopefully on the mend!

image.png.99824723d7faf818b59b551e47248498.png

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1

Kari Lake is saying she might not accept the results of the election that she's lost.  I'm like, "So what?"  The machinery of state (in this case, Arizona) will grind on, her opponent will be sworn in at some point and life goes on. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

OneKid. The first time voter she is the reason the Republicans want to raise the voting age to 21  

7B204A4E-E6AD-4DBC-A7EA-DCB7FA190802.jpeg

• Upvote 13
  • Love 6

9 minutes ago, Howl said:

Kari Lake is saying she might not accept the results of the election that she's lost.  I'm like, "So what?"  The machinery of state (in this case, Arizona) will grind on, her opponent will be sworn in at some point and life goes on. 

She can not accept all she wants a loss is a loss. Hopefully she isn't going to try to lead some coup ala January 6th. She isn't worth it (not that trump was either). 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 11

Mitch McFuckstick has a challenger

Sen. Rick Scott of Florida told his fellow GOP senators he will challenge Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell to be leader of the party in the chamber next year, according to a source who has seen a letter he sent to his colleagues.

Scott has little chance of succeeding but it’s seen as a protest vote – though it’s the first real challenger McConnell has faced in his time as GOP leader.

Senate Republicans are expected to hold leadership elections on Wednesday.

Scott, who chairs the National Republican Senatorial Committee, has had a long simmering conflict with McConnell for much of this year, differing on where to invest resources in the tightly contested midterm Senate races. Allies of McConnell told CNN earlier this month ahead of Election Day that the longtime leader of the GOP Senate conference has kept his operation focused on winning the majority in the most efficient and straightforward way possible. But Scott, the chairman of the GOP’s campaign arm, attempted to bolster candidates his allies say have been unfairly counted out by establishmentarians like McConnell.

I’m ready here. 
popcorn2.jpg.51815e29b3418491aee6699dc38e973b.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

Just saw this on Twitter 

Yeah if that’s how that works in Arizona and Gov Hobbs can appoint the meanest, hardest, pipe hitting liberal who has no hang ups bout going medieval on Republicans that sounds good to me. 

• Upvote 9

An MSNBC reporter had this to say about Lake

Vaughn Hillyard did an excellent job in deconstructing the political anatomy of Kari Lake. The montage of her political evil would have been best served before the voting was done. But the litany of misdeeds, when enumerated, is striking.

“This is the third election cycle in a row in which Arizonans rejected Trumpism in the final week of her campaign,” Vaughn Hillyard said. “Who did she campaign alongside? She campaigned alongside Steve Bannon. She campaigned alongside one of the chief promoters of Pizzagate. She campaigned alongside an individual who promoted the notion of the war on white people. She campaigned alongside State Senator Wendy Rogers, who just earlier this year was here in Florida, speaking at a white nationalist conference. Somebody who frequently spews anti-Semitism. This is an individual who just last week called her Democratic opponent a pervert. This is an individual who suggested there should be perp walks for elections officials and criminal charges against individuals who oversaw the COVID response in 2020 in Arizona. This is an individual who’s celebrating, putting a dagger into the McCain machine.”

“She asserted that Cindy McCain wants to end America,” Hillyard said. “She called Mike Lindell one of the great patriots of our time. She said Dinesh D’Souza is one of the greatest patriots in America. She suggested Paul Gosar was the kind of lawmaker our founding fathers envisioned. She called the media the right hand of the devil, the scourge of the earth. If that doesn’t sound like Donald Trump? I don’t know what does. And ultimately, the big question was, was she going to be able to make that sale here? And the answer is no, according to Arizona voters.”

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

Meanwhile Branch Trumpvidians had other things to do than show up for Kari Lamé’s protest

A small but vocal group of election deniers rallied outside the state capitol in Arizonato protest Kari Lake’s loss in the gubernatorial race against Democraticcandidate Katie Hobbs.

The governor’s race was called on Monday night, with Ms Hobbs taking leading the contest by about 20,000 votes and a 50.4 per cent majority to Ms Lake’s 49.6 per cent.

Approximately 15 people gathered at the Arizona state capitol on Tuesday, with some waving flags emblazoned with pro-Trump messages and “SOS”. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Meanwhile Branch Trumpvidians had other things to do than show up for Kari Lamé’s protest

She really needs to face reality, but then again, trump still hasn't. 

• Upvote 6

Speaker Pelosi decided not to seek a leadership role in the next Congress

House Speaker Nancy Pelosi announced on Thursday that she will relinquish her leadership post, after leading House Democrats for two decades, building a legacy as one of the most powerful and polarizing figures in American politics.

Pelosi, the first and only woman to serve as speaker, said that she would continue to serve in the House, giving the next generation the opportunity to lead the House Democrats, who will be in the minority next year despite a better-than-expected midterm election performance.

“I will not seek reelection to Democratic leadership in the next Congress,” said Pelosi in the House chamber. “For me, the hour has come for a new generation to lead the Democratic caucus that I so deeply respect, and I’m grateful that so many are ready and willing to shoulder this awesome responsibility.”

Pelosi, 82, rose to the top of the House Democratic caucus in 2002, after leading many in her party against a resolution authorizing the use of force in Iraq. She then guided Democrats as they rode the waves of popular opinion, seeing their power swell to a 257-seat majority after the 2008 elections, ultimately crash to a 188-seat minority, and then rise once again.

I wonder if she'll decide to run for Congress again in 2024 or if she'll step aside?  Based on what I can see it looks like she's in a fairly safe district for Democrats so I don't know that she'd try to ride it out to keep an R out of the seat as long as possible.  She got 83% of the vote in the 2022 CA-11 contest.   

• Upvote 7

It’s not just Nancy stepping back from leadership. Steny Hoyer and Jim Clyburn, the number two and three are also stepping down. Hakim Jeffries appears to be the front runner for Dem leader. 

• Upvote 4

On 11/15/2022 at 11:23 AM, Howl said:

I can refuse to accept the numbers on my bathroom scale but it’s not going to change my weight so good luck with that, ya nut bar! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Adam Frisch is now within 600 votes of Boebert. I know we’ve lost the House, but a nice consolation prize would be to see Boebert lose. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2