IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 32: So There Was this Cat Who Knew A Squirrel Who Knows Anna...

HerNameIsBuffy

Just now, libgirl2 said:

I found one of Rosemary visiting Rose in 1994. At least the family spent time with her. I wonder if Joe ever did. 

I don’t think he ever visited her. I don’t even think he ever talked about her. 

• I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I don’t think he ever visited her. I don’t even think he ever talked about her. 

No he did not visit her and her mother didn't see Rosemary for 20 years.  Joseph Sr. is deep in my dog house for all eternity for doing that to his own daughter when there was no fucking need to.   

• Upvote 19
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

No he did not visit her and her mother didn't see Rosemary for 20 years.  Joseph Sr. is deep in my dog house for all eternity for doing that to his own daughter when there was no fucking need to.   

I just looked Rosemary up online. After Joe died in 1969 Rosemary was able to visit the family vacation house. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

And a palate cleanser for today...Sadie Mae. Taken today. 

108004873_Sadietoday.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Love 41

3 hours ago, Cam said:

Jana as a wedding planner has potential. A woman in my small town has been one for years and makes a killing on it. Bought her daughter a house. Paid cash for it. 

It would have to be for the ‘right’ kind of people. She’ll be adding modesty panels to outfits and pencilling in maxi skirts on the photos. 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11

I've said it before, but I think the thing that bothers me most about the Duggars is all the potential that is lost. Jana seems like she would be a good entrepreneur of some sort - she probably could manage a business. Jill wanted to be a nurse or a midwife. JD could have been (could maybe still be, with hard work) a commercial pilot potentially. Jessa seems like she could have done well in the working world. All these kids, all that potential...

And what happened? Jana's still home raising her siblings, JD is flying the family plane, and everyone's popping out babies they can't really afford. (Except Jill. Good for you, Jill.)

It's such a waste. Imagine if all those kids were well-educated and exposed to other ideas and people. How much good could they be doing? Or at least, how much better would their childrens' lives and educations be?

And that's not even counting the black sheep waste-of-oxygen Josh. 

I hope that's coming back to haunt JB and Michelle. They wanted their kids to be like this, and now they're faced with ever-growing families dependent on them still, while they themselves still have children at home. 

• Upvote 29
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

Actually though- while Jana may well dress the venue really well, have you seen how the Duggars dress at weddings? Apart from the bridal party (whose outfits are I assume provided for free) there’s a lot of ill fitting suits, chinos and frumpy dresses with old sandals. 

• Upvote 6

4 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I've said it before, but I think the thing that bothers me most about the Duggars is all the potential that is lost. Jana seems like she would be a good entrepreneur of some sort - she probably could manage a business. Jill wanted to be a nurse or a midwife. JD could have been (could maybe still be, with hard work) a commercial pilot potentially. Jessa seems like she could have done well in the working world. All these kids, all that potential...

I think this is what bothers me the most...the parents wasted their children's lives and potential, just because of their stupid cult. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, 47of74 said:

Jackie and her mother in law Rose put up with a lot of shit from their husbands.  A lot more than any spouse of either sex should ever be expected to.  Jackie suffered a lot of pain and heartache.  

And people wondered why Jackie's aunt and cousin Little Edie chose to remain unmarried, livng in a decayed mansion with raccoons and feral cats.  (Well, Big Edie was technically still married as her husband only got a fake Mexican divorce!)  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

I agree about the wasted potential but I do find it a little sad that it always focuses on jobs there are a lot of things they could have done and been happy doing and found true happiness that aren't about being productive. Being productive is not the ultimate goal although it often seems it

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

2 minutes ago, justoneoftwo said:

I agree about the wasted potential but I do find it a little sad that it always focuses on jobs there are a lot of things they could have done and been happy doing and found true happiness that aren't about being productive. Being productive is not the ultimate goal although it often seems it

I agree - but these people NEED jobs. Without, they are stuck under JB's thumb since his hands are on the purse strings. 

I mean yeah, sure, there's ton of other things they could enjoy that they haven't had the opportunity to do, but you can't do much if you're broke. And I did say "all the good they could do" - they could be volunteering, creating art, writing, a million other things. Charity work, community stuff, so much they could do. 

They just have so much potential that's been squandered by their parents. 

But my first focus was on jobs, because being able to support yourself is the first step away.

That's what's happened with Jill. They apparently got some money from JB for the work Jill had done on the shows, and are not dependent on the Duggar fam for support. THEN they enrolled Israel in school and started to find their own way. Do you think if they were still relying on JB to hand out their allowance that they'd be speaking out about going to therapy and such?

Anna's pretty much in the same situation as the Duggar kids. She's got herself stuck, and now her husband might be going to prison potentially for a long time. She's got 6 kids and one on the way, and no experience or education that would help her get a job that would even begin to cover daycare costs much less feed them all. She's underwater. And it's because her parents raised her to be a wife and mom of many, and married her to a guy raised the same way. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

42 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I think this is what bothers me the most...the parents wasted their children's lives and potential, just because of their stupid cult. 

The flip side is most of them wouldn't exist without their stupid cult.  Who has 19 kids otherwise?  

• Upvote 13

19 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The flip side is most of them wouldn't exist without their stupid cult.  Who has 19 kids otherwise?  

And dare I say it, what would be wrong with that? I don’t sit around mourning or pondering all the kids I didn’t have. 

I firmly believe that no 2 parents can do more or better for greater numbers of children than they can with fewer.

• Upvote 13

This one will sell her lyin-ass brother for nothing more than a peaceful nap

1292176104_IMG_07981.JPG

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 38

@feministxtian My two felines would throw the pâté back at you. They are strictly shredded and cuts girls. They also figured out how to pick open the cupboard drawer to fish out the bag of Temptations and help themselves. They would lie for the pure drama of it. Little turkeys but I love them. 
If Josh ends up serving 20 years it might not matter whether or not Anna divorces him. I. Which case, she should do whatever will make the most financial sense for herself and the kids. Yes, this is a bit manipulative and dirty but her whole life she has been controlled by her father, JB and Josh so I really would not fault her if she played the Duggars now. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

9 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And dare I say it, what would be wrong with that? I don’t sit around mourning or pondering all the kids I didn’t have. 

I firmly believe that no 2 parents can do more or better for greater numbers of children than they can with fewer.

I agree....I'm all in favor of fewer Duggars.  I was responding to the post talking about their sad lost potential...I'm more than fine with that "potential" being lost because they were never born.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Expectopatronus said:

@feministxtian My two felines would throw the pâté back at you. They are strictly shredded and cuts girls. They also figured out how to pick open the cupboard drawer to fish out the bag of Temptations and help themselves. They would lie for the pure drama of it. Little turkeys but I love them. 

I have to hide the Temptations to keep the lil shits out of them. My two won't touch the shredded/cuts. Nope...pate or nothing. Sadie would sell your ass out for a good behind the ears scratch!

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

I have to hide the Temptations to keep the lil shits out of them. My two won't touch the shredded/cuts. Nope...pate or nothing. Sadie would sell your ass out for a good behind the ears scratch!

WE have a lock on our pantry and a lock on the cabinet where the garbage is. I didn't need that when my son was little or for my late cat, this cat, yes. He has also gotten food picky. He used to love this one brand, now he doesn't like it. He likes loves BFF cat food, his favorite being the ones that have pumpkin. 

• Love 5

14 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I agree....I'm all in favor of fewer Duggars.  I was responding to the post talking about their sad lost potential...I'm more than fine with that "potential" being lost because they were never born.

I agree, fewer Duggars are better. Imagine if it had just been Josh and JD and Jana... wow how different things would have been for them!

But since they are here already, I'm sad for their lost potential. 

I'm kind of low-key hoping Josie turns out to be an absolute wild child in her teens.

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

WE have a lock on our pantry and a lock on the cabinet where the garbage is. I didn't need that when my son was little or for my late cat, this cat, yes. He has also gotten food picky. He used to love this one brand, now he doesn't like it. He likes loves BFF cat food, his favorite being the ones that have pumpkin. 

Fortunately mine aren't that picky, food wise. I blew serious $$ on a self-cleaning litter box and they refused to use it. I keep their food in containers that lock and the treats are stashed, believe it or not, in my bedside table...they found them everywhere else. Luke gets pissy when I'm busy and knocks shit off my desk to get my attention. Leia doesn't give a shit until she decides its time for bed. Then she's all up in my face about it. Luke is never, ever more than 5 feet away from me. He's next to me on the couch, currently sitting on my desk staring at me and at bedtime he takes up his spot next to my pillow. Sadie isn't much better. She has her blanket near my desk which is where she hangs out when I'm working, is on her chair or the floor if I'm in the living room and well, I have an audience in the bathroom. My bathroom is TINY and trying to take a shower w/my entourage watching is interesting. 

Luke will cut you for tortillas and ranch flavored doritos. Leia will attack for coffee and yogurt. Sadie doesn't care, she's sorta mouthy but not in a bad way...like you can grab her by the snout and lead her anywhere...she ends up sucking on my thumb when I do it. 

Come to think of it, I think my critters would all benefit from critter shrinks...

• Upvote 7
  • Love 7

43 minutes ago, feministxtian said:

IMG_20201003_221400_081.thumb.jpg.f3fd3c0060cc619a3b729ccad07410da.jpg

This is what happens if I leave these on the counter. Loki was living up to his name at the time he did this. It's because of Loki that I have to make sure that if the butter dish is out on the counter, it's covered up as he loves butter.

• Haha 26

@ADoyle90815 now you know why I have to hide them in my bedroom. Forget TRYING to get the top off...they'll keep at it. I have to keep the nip in the fridge...I had it on the counter...came home one day to 2 VERY STONED cats...

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

IMG_20201003_221400_081.thumb.jpg.f3fd3c0060cc619a3b729ccad07410da.jpg

This is what happens if I leave these on the counter. Loki was living up to his name at the time he did this. It's because of Loki that I have to make sure that if the butter dish is out on the counter, it's covered up as he loves butter.

WE came home one day to see that my son forgot to lock the pantry. He got to his treats and they bag was nearly shredded it had been attacked so much. In the past he would climb up the shelfs to get to food. He once got into a box of Count Chocula. He also has a think for pasta, specifically egg noodles. We now leave the treats on the bottom shelf, so if he does get in he will leave the other food alone. 

• Haha 13

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic