IGNORED

[CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 32: So There Was this Cat Who Knew A Squirrel Who Knows Anna...

HerNameIsBuffy

Continue from here....

Title is paraphrased from quote for length - thanks @onekidanddone 

Original quote

My cousin’s former next door neighbor when he was four had a cat who knew a squirrel who knows Anna. 

I'll be adding a sticky post linking to the legal documents in a few minutes.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

• HerNameIsBuffy changed the title to [CW: Child Sex Abuse] Josh & Anna 32: So There Was this Cat Who Knew A Squirrel Who Knows Anna...

This crime podcast went over an attorney’s view on what sentence will be like. Recap...he’s sure Josh’s attorneys are encouraging him to take a deal and he’ll get at least 12 years if he chooses to go to trial and loses but might only get nine if he takes a deal.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/crime-talk-with-scott-reisch/id1409773851?i=1000522568408

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 28
  • Love 1

@DalmatianCat is that 9 per charge concurrent or consecutive or did they speculate? Really hope it is consecutive although that is a very rare outcome.

• Upvote 8

56 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

This crime podcast went over an attorney’s view on what sentence will be like. Recap...he’s sure Josh’s attorneys are encouraging him to take a deal and he’ll get at least 12 years if he chooses to go to trial and loses but might only get nine if he takes a deal.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/crime-talk-with-scott-reisch/id1409773851?i=1000522568408

Wow - I have zero background in this area but 9 years is a lot more than what I thought they'd be able to get down to (I was estimating 3-5 yrs).  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

How long did it take for TLC to cancel 19 Kids & Counting after news of the molestation & Ashley Madison scandals broke out?

I know Smuggar isn't featured on Counting On, but I'm still waiting on cancellation news. 

What does everyone else think? Cancellation likely or not?

• Upvote 14

7 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

Wow - I have zero background in this area but 9 years is a lot more than what I thought they'd be able to get down to (I was estimating 3-5 yrs).  

Three to five is closer to what most possessors-only actually do end up getting after working a deal in federal court.  The good news is that the district in which Josh will be sentenced seems to trend higher than others.  Josh allegedly had 200 images, but some of these guys have tens of thousands.  Not that I think this was a one time thing for Josh.  According to former friend Justin, Josh learned how to avoid detection online a very long time ago.  This time he just clicked on the the wrong batch and made it easy for investigators to confirm he was the one who did the clicking.

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 6

34 minutes ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

How long did it take for TLC to cancel 19 Kids & Counting after news of the molestation & Ashley Madison scandals broke out?

I know Smuggar isn't featured on Counting On, but I'm still waiting on cancellation news. 

I think their weaselly and tepid response means they're hedging their bets.  It's all going to come down to numbers and I think they want to keep the door open in case they can milk it for ratings, or at least get the last big rating bonanza of a Jana wedding at some point.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I think their weaselly and tepid response means they're hedging their bets.  It's all going to come down to numbers and I think they want to keep the door open in case they can milk it for ratings, or at least get the last big rating bonanza of a Jana wedding at some point.  

TLC are absolutely waiting to see if they can get away with this. After the Puritan Easter show I think they have a lot of unused footage (such as Justin’s wedding and the Vuolos being ridiculous, Jessa’s pregnancy announcement) and were probably hoping the easing of Covid restrictions would mean people wouldn’t notice the Duggars never bothered adhering to them.
They have been hard at work deleting negative comments on the CO Facebook page, particularly anything that suggests JB gets all the money and if Anna appears it means Josh benefits.

The thing is I’m not sure JB can stand not to be on the show- he never wanted it to be CO and I think he didn’t understand what all the fuss was about. That’s the thing when you live in an echo chamber.

• Upvote 21

38 minutes ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

Cancellation.  The show is running out of adult Duggars to feature as it is (no one is interested in married former Howlers) and the stench of this latest round of Josh's activities is going to cling to his parents forever.  Even if Jana is married off in an attempt to keep things going, I don't see Jana ever being a Jessa once she's out of the Boob's immediate clutches.  Jill's gone, Jeremy and Jinger are already attempting to re-brand on their own, Joy has apparently been wanting out for awhile.  JD and Josiah and their wives may have to do what JB says, but they are beyond boring and I'd be surprised if their hearts were in it, especially now.  

With that said, I have no idea what the ratings have been or what they might be if TLC tries a third iteration. "Counting Down", "Counting Over", "21 Grandkids with 18 on the Way!"  Or maybe just "Little House on the Highway - the Jessa and Ben Show".  I can see them frantically throwing all options on the table right now.   

Edited by JenniferJuniper
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 37

43 minutes ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

Not

• Upvote 2

Re Josiah having access to the car lot computer:

Not sure where I read this -- if it wasn't on FJ somewhere it may have been on Websleuths as they have a thread on Josh, but somewhere it was claimed that the day the CSAM was downloaded onto the computer, was the very same day, only about an hour apart, when Lauren gave birth, and Josiah was with her.

So if this is true (I haven't researched it, am just passing along what I read) then he clearly has a solid alibi for the downloading activity.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 10

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Continue from here....

Title is paraphrased from quote for length - thanks @onekidanddone 

Original quote

I'll be adding a sticky post linking to the legal documents in a few minutes.

I’m a published author!!!1111!!!!!11

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 41
  • Love 3

So, looking at the dates again (links below), the CSA images were downloaded in May 2019 around when Josiah’s 2019 baby was announced, but the baby wasn’t born until November 8th 2019 which is the same month when investigators showed up at the car lot. So it seems to me that Josiah likely wasn’t around to defend himself to the investigators due to the birth, but the baby wasn’t born in May 2019 when the images were downloaded so Josiah may not have an alibi, which would be unfortunate (assuming Josh is guilty).

Baby dates looked up here: https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/which-duggars-are-pregnant/

Federal investigation timeline looked up here: https://people.com/crime/what-we-know-about-case-against-josh-duggar/

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 19

I hope he gets the maximum sentence. He’s so disgusting and dangerous. Even his mugshot oozed smugness. It’s like he can’t even fake feeling remorseful.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

2 hours ago, Lady Dondarrion said:

Rebrand: "Counting Howlers"

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
removed duplicate quote box
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 23

2 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

"21 Grandkids with 18 on the Way!"

Next name for the Upcoming Babies thread!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

42 minutes ago, Starrynight said:

I hope he gets the maximum sentence. He’s so disgusting and dangerous. Even his mugshot oozed smugness. It’s like he can’t even fake feeling remorseful.

Speaking of his mugshot, do any of you with legal or law enforcement experience know if he would have been given a breathalyzer or drug test when he was arrested?

I was wondering because they stated in court that a couple of points in his favor were no drug/alcohol use so he would have tested clean if they did test.  

Seriously, though, the mugshot makes him look like he's had to much to drink the stink would be coming out of his pores.  If he was sober for that mug shot he needs to see a doctor.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

So, looking at the dates again (links below), the CSA images were downloaded in May 2019 around when Josiah’s 2019 baby was announced, but the baby wasn’t born until November 8th 2019 which is the same month when investigators showed up at the car lot. So it seems to me that Josiah likely wasn’t around to defend himself to the investigators due to the birth, but the baby wasn’t born in May 2019 when the images were downloaded so Josiah may not have an alibi, which would be unfortunate (assuming Josh is guilty).

Baby dates looked up here: https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/which-duggars-are-pregnant/

Federal investigation timeline looked up here: https://people.com/crime/what-we-know-about-case-against-josh-duggar/

The dates specified are important, because they can prove Josh was in the car lot at the time. Allegedly Josh sent text messages to people with his own cellphone on those dates from the car lot. That's probably why the feds picked those dates.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 13

11 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The dates specified are important, because they can prove Josh was in the car lot at the time. Allegedly Josh sent text messages to people with his own cellphone on those dates from the car lot. That's probably why the feds picked those dates.

And the password, the genius used the same password he uses for the bank, including his birth year.  

I read somewhere that at the same time within minutes of downloading or accessing the material he was texting Anna from work and sent pics so they can place him at the lot at that time.  These kind of people have an ability to compartmentalize their lives to a degree I can't even imagine.

• Upvote 14

21 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I read somewhere that at the same time within minutes of downloading or accessing the material he was texting Anna from work and sent pics so they can place him at the lot at that time.  These kind of people have an ability to compartmentalize their lives to a degree I can't even imagine.

Yes, and he texted Anna that he needed to "work late".   As he was viewing CP.  Tells you all you need to know about him.  

He's never gonna be redeemed by the blood of the lamb.  

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 10

@GiggleOfGirls wrote:

So, looking at the dates again (links below), the CSA images were downloaded in May 2019 around when Josiah’s 2019 baby was announced, but the baby wasn’t born until November 8th 2019 which is the same month when investigators showed up at the car lot. So it seems to me that Josiah likely wasn’t around to defend himself to the investigators due to the birth, but the baby wasn’t born in May 2019 when the images were downloaded so Josiah may not have an alibi, which would be unfortunate (assuming Josh is guilty).

Baby dates looked uphere: https://www.intouchweekly.com/posts/which-duggars-are-pregnant/

------------

Ah, you prompted me to go find what I had read in order to be specific, thanks.

Per the post on the other site, the day in November when Josiah was attending Lauren giving birth was the day the car lot was raided, not the day the stuff was downloaded onto the computer.

So I'm not sure how Josiah's presence or absence on raid day means anything to their legal case against Josh.

Sorry for bringing confusion to the discussion!

Edited by church_of_dog
quoted wrong post
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic