IGNORED

Counting On Season 11: How Low Can They Go?

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

I'm really curious to know who this insider is.  Who would know that Anna has been cold to the Rebers?  And for that particular (my bolding) reason? 

The “inside source” is probably a combo of Reddit, here, random social media comments and Gladys Kravitz ( just to show my age lol) 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 9
  • I Agree 10

11 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

I'm really curious to know who this insider is.  Who would know that Anna has been cold to the Rebers?  And for that particular (my bolding) reason? 

Her brother is dating Hannah Reber. Not sure who leaked it, but would assume one of Hannah's friends. Or Hannah herself.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

Mrs. Reber being uncomfortable with Josh came up at the hearing. She mentioned Hannah living in the home, but in the end said she would house Josh because her husband said so. She 100% deferred to the headship in spite of her own stated misgivings.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 5

I suspect Josh is fully aware that one wrong move at the Rebers might land him back in jail, and he's behaving accordingly.  Not sure how much that would reassure Mrs. Reber, though.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

The “inside source” is probably a combo of Reddit, here, random social media comments and Gladys Kravitz ( just to show my age lol) 

I admit to nothing! 

• Haha 49

On 7/5/2021 at 10:13 AM, WiseGirl said:

Weren't there articles about her blaming everyone but her husband last time too? Her blindly following/belief in his innocence without applying critical thinking skills drives me nuts. Anna honey you've been deceived by your in-laws so many times please wake up and get out. (I can dream...)

Anna was clearly in major denial the last time and I have no doubt she's in major denial now.   Honestly she's had 6 years of being in denial as evidenced by her willingness to stay with Josh (in spite of things that would be serious dealbreakers for others) and continue to have more children with him.   

That's her right of course, she can stay if she wants but that doesn't mean it's wise or healthy for either her or or her kids.   And with those choices come consequences, and in her case, I see those consequences as being pretty awful.   So awful, that I wish she would wake the hell up but knowing that she's stayed this long....unfortunately I just don't see it.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I suspect Josh is fully aware that one wrong move at the Rebers might land him back in jail, and he's behaving accordingly.  Not sure how much that would reassure Mrs. Reber, though.

I have a feeling the Rebers are making sure he behaves. The judge made it very clear to Josh and the Rebers what happens if he steps one toe out of line. None of that would reassure Mrs. Reber, who from the looks of it, was probably pressured by her headship and Jim Bob to go along with the living arrangements. What a freaking mess for her. She mentioned she was uncomfortable with him living there, she can't have her piano lessons in the house so she changed the location, and she probably doesn't get many houseguests outside of Anna, the M kids, Josh's lawyer, Jim Bob, Michelle, and Josh's adult siblings and maybe some of Anna's family as long as they find childcare for their minor children. I just hope that if things get too uncomfortable and it becomes too much for Mrs. Reber to handle that Mr. Reber either gets them out of the living arrangement deal or is able to modify it to all Mrs. Reber the chance to stay elsewhere while Josh is living there.

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, nst said:

and now the dillards are jumping on.

where and what? what did i miss? 

Edited by AussieKrissy
no, never mind, found it :)
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

20 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

where and what? what did i miss? 

https://people.com/tv/jill-duggar-derick-dillard-break-silence-counting-on-cancellation/  they are just basically on the bandwagon 

"Our statement about the cancellation of 'Counting On' is a little late because we just learned the news with the rest of the world last Tuesday + this season of life is quite busy for us. We first heard of the cancellation when both a friend & a cousin each texted us after seeing TLC's statement online. We do not know how long the cancellation had been planned." 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

6 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

Anna was clearly in major denial the last time and I have no doubt she's in major denial now.   Honestly she's had 6 years of being in denial as evidenced by her willingness to stay with Josh (in spite of things that would be serious dealbreakers for others) and continue to have more children with him.   

That's her right of course, she can stay if she wants but that doesn't mean it's wise or healthy for either her or or her kids.   And with those choices come consequences, and in her case, I see those consequences as being pretty awful.   So awful, that I wish she would wake the hell up but knowing that she's stayed this long....unfortunately I just don't see it.  

I don't think anyone really knows what Anna is thinking. Every time there is a news story regarding her it comes from a source claiming to be close to the Duggars and, most of the time, an unreliable tabloid. Anna, probably, won't break her silence publicly until trial is over or Josh has entered a plea. She's been living in a fantasy world for the past six years. Anna became the perfect example of a fundie wife and mother through Christ's love and forgiveness welcoming Josh back home to open arms and having more kids with him. If you look through some of the old comments on David and Priscilla's blog and some of her instagram posts after Josh returned quite a few fundies commended her for being such a loyal and faithful wife who clung to God and Jesus during a trying time in their marriage while raising her, then four, children. Anna is in for one huge rude awakening come November. The feds have a very high conviction rate. They don't arrest anyone unless they are convinced they will get a guilty verdict. 

• Upvote 20

Even if he's found not guilty, most people will not believe his innocence. Would you let your little ones be around him?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, Bad Wolf said:

Even if he's found not guilty, most people will not believe his innocence. Would you let your little ones be around him?

many would not have just based on his teen offences either 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

8 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Are you asking about normal people or their people?

Normal people - no way in hell would he be allowed around their children based on what he did to his sisters (even prior to this).

The circles the Duggar's run in?  Where religious teaching is that temptation and sinning is a thing.   Where toddler girls running around naked at bath time can be viewed as tempting older siblings.  Where if you say sorry and blame the devil its Ok and you're forgiven.  Where victims have to live with their abusers and get over it, because if they don't its a problem with their faith in god and their parents.

In that world, the only reason why people will publicly admit to keeping him away from their kids is because the ebil persecutory government says so.  Though I'm sure there will people quietly looking for excuses to keep their kids away without admitting it.

• Upvote 14

9 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I don't think anyone really knows what Anna is thinking. Every time there is a news story regarding her it comes from a source claiming to be close to the Duggars and, most of the time, an unreliable tabloid. Anna, probably, won't break her silence publicly until trial is over or Josh has entered a plea. She's been living in a fantasy world for the past six years. Anna became the perfect example of a fundie wife and mother through Christ's love and forgiveness welcoming Josh back home to open arms and having more kids with him. If you look through some of the old comments on David and Priscilla's blog and some of her instagram posts after Josh returned quite a few fundies commended her for being such a loyal and faithful wife who clung to God and Jesus during a trying time in their marriage while raising her, then four, children. Anna is in for one huge rude awakening come November. The feds have a very high conviction rate. They don't arrest anyone unless they are convinced they will get a guilty verdict. 

It wasn’t just fundies being supportive last time, I saw tons of praise from mainstream Christians. I suspect Anna has convinced herself this time it will be the same. She might think that this will end with being praised and life sort of going back to normal. Except this time most people, even some fundies, are horrified and think she should keep her kids from ever seeing Josh. 

Reality is going to hit her hard this fall. He will almost certainly be convicted and if he takes it to a trial instead of pleading guilty it will just make more people aware of all the terrible things he did. The Little Duggar Instagram life is not coming back. As long as she stays with Josh, this will be a cloud of doom over her head for the rest of her life. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 3

11 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

i wouldn't let the rats in the house that I am trying to get rid be near him. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, imokit said:

Are you asking about normal people or their people?

Normal people - no way in hell would he be allowed around their children based on what he did to his sisters (even prior to this).

The circles the Duggar's run in?  Where religious teaching is that temptation and sinning is a thing.   Where toddler girls running around naked at bath time can be viewed as tempting older siblings.  Where if you say sorry and blame the devil its Ok and you're forgiven.  Where victims have to live with their abusers and get over it, because if they don't its a problem with their faith in god and their parents.

In that world, the only reason why people will publicly admit to keeping him away from their kids is because the ebil persecutory government says so.  Though I'm sure there will people quietly looking for excuses to keep their kids away without admitting it.

I suspect that many fundie families don't want to be near Josh. They may be supportive on the surface, because Duggars are "VIPs" (haha) but I bet many of them have a very bad opinion about Josh. Even if they think it is Satan's tempting poor Josh, it is clear that Josh is sinning non-stop.

• Upvote 14

7 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

I suspect that many fundie families don't want to be near Josh. They may be supportive on the surface, because Duggars are "VIPs" (haha) but I bet many of them have a very bad opinion about Josh. Even if they think it is Satan's tempting poor Josh, it is clear that Josh is sinning non-stop.

i think the VIP status will be over as time will tell

I always thought once all the kids are married and the in laws realize the shit show that they are - the in laws will distance themselves as well. Cathy Dillard for one has already ...? 

Kendra's parents never will, Jeremy's parents I bet will never see them, 

• Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, nst said:

i think the VIP status will be over as time will tell

I always thought once all the kids are married and the in laws realize the shit show that they are - the in laws will distance themselves as well. Cathy Dillard for one has already ...? 

Kendra's parents never will, Jeremy's parents I bet will never see them, 

One of the things I haven't seen mentioned nearly enough is that obviously M and JB didn't trust Josh to behave himself at all. You don't stick someone you trust in a warehouse a stone's throw from your main house. Even before his computers were seized, he was required to have spyware installed on his devices. I suspect that Josh has been on a modified form of house arrest for much longer than his placement with the Rebers. Obviously, they left him off the leash occasionally so he could do things like travel to the Nurthan nuptials, but I wonder how much freedom of movement he had day to day in Arkansas. 

• Upvote 22

49 minutes ago, nst said:

Kendra's parents never will, 

I thought there was s falling out between the parents and JB? Are they all playing nice again? 

• Upvote 4

For once, Josh should do the right thing and divorce Anna. That act would be the most Godly, selfless, manly decision that Josh Duggar ever made. Anna and the kids could slip away into obscurity. JB could throw the money he’s currently providing Josh, to Anna, in a monthly (or 1 time large payout) stipend. JB could also provide Anna with 1 of his trashed houses, quick deed. Anna could also apply for government assistance with herself +6.5 mouths to feed, it could work. JB has money. JB created, or at the very least heavily contributed to this mess, he can clean it up. He has the means. For once, he can be the gift giver.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11

I am purely speculating here, but am starting to wonder if Josh selling the nice house and moving into the warehouse was more about punishment and accountability and less about finances?  If JB got wind of Josh's CP habit he may have forced the move to try to do damage control.  The whole thing always just seemed weird to me. They had a nice house that fit their family and was paid for and Josh was, supposedly, working then.  Even if they couldn't afford the upkeep or if the sale was to hide assets from potential lawsuits, why not move to one of JBs rental houses? Keeping young kids in a warehouse was not a good look for the Duggars so why would JB use that property instead of another that would have had better optics? Someone upthread suggested house arrest  and that makes complete sense to me.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

34 minutes ago, WiseGirl said:

I thought there was s falling out between the parents and JB? Are they all playing nice again? 

Didn’t know their was a falling out. 

16 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I am purely speculating here, but am starting to wonder if Josh selling the nice house and moving into the warehouse was more about punishment and accountability and less about finances?  If JB got wind of Josh's CP habit he may have forced the move to try to do damage control.  The whole thing always just seemed weird to me. They had a nice house that fit their family and was paid for and Josh was, supposedly, working then.  Even if they couldn't afford the upkeep or if the sale was to hide assets from potential lawsuits, why not move to one of JBs rental houses? Keeping young kids in a warehouse was not a good look for the Duggars so why would JB use that property instead of another that would have had better optics? Someone upthread suggested house arrest  and that makes complete sense to me.

I think it was all about asset protection. I think all of the initial homes the G2Duggars have or do own were provided or financed by JB. He gives and he takes away. Since Josh has not played by JB’s rules and has cost JB additional monies, JB as taken away everything, before others (both people or entities)do. This is more about money and control protection than Josh-

• Upvote 10

50 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Very good points people are making here about house arrest. The creepy part to me is that they could easily have spent a couple weeks and remodeled it to give it windows and make it a regular house. They have the skills and resources - if they were just going for adding individual family homes to their acreage , why not make it nice? Maybe they did some of that and we just haven’t seen it? But it definitely gives off punishment or at least - figure something out quick! Vibes. 

• Upvote 10