IGNORED

Counting On Season 11: How Low Can They Go?

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

Very good points people are making here about house arrest. The creepy part to me is that they could easily have spent a couple weeks and remodeled it to give it windows and make it a regular house. They have the skills and resources - if they were just going for adding individual family homes to their acreage , why not make it nice? Maybe they did some of that and we just haven’t seen it? But it definitely gives off punishment or at least - figure something out quick! Vibes. 

I do remember seeing a French door in Maryella’s nursery photo, so I do think it’s nicer than the mice infested, windowless cell that Ben inhabited. But still…

• Upvote 7

5 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

I suspect that many fundie families don't want to be near Josh. They may be supportive on the surface, because Duggars are "VIPs" (haha) but I bet many of them have a very bad opinion about Josh. Even if they think it is Satan's tempting poor Josh, it is clear that Josh is sinning non-stop.

There were the "sin in the camp" rumblings around Josh for years prior to the molestations becoming public.   Wouldn't be surprised if fundies in the Duggar circles knew for a long time that Josh was a problem and made a point of steering clear outside of church or any public gatherings.  I wonder how many fundie Daddies privately wrote Josh off as a potential suitor for their daughters.  

5 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

One of the things I haven't seen mentioned nearly enough is that obviously M and JB didn't trust Josh to behave himself at all. You don't stick someone you trust in a warehouse a stone's throw from your main house. Even before his computers were seized, he was required to have spyware installed on his devices. I suspect that Josh has been on a modified form of house arrest for much longer than his placement with the Rebers.

Back when he was fired from the FRC and forced to return to NWA, I thought that any independence he might have achieved from his parents was over.   In part because of his prospects (he was darn lucky with his limited background to get a job like at the FRC) but also because JB/J'chelle would rein him in big time after messing up like that, especially considering his (now publicly) known history of issues.  

So he's back to being not only economically supported but is severely limited in his activities as if he was a kid.  If he ever chafed under that control while living at home, he's brought himself back into that same situation but worse.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 6

8 hours ago, formergothardite said:

It wasn’t just fundies being supportive last time, I saw tons of praise from mainstream Christians. I suspect Anna has convinced herself this time it will be the same. She might think that this will end with being praised and life sort of going back to normal. Except this time most people, even some fundies, are horrified and think she should keep her kids from ever seeing Josh. 

Reality is going to hit her hard this fall. He will almost certainly be convicted and if he takes it to a trial instead of pleading guilty it will just make more people aware of all the terrible things he did. The Little Duggar Instagram life is not coming back. As long as she stays with Josh, this will be a cloud of doom over her head for the rest of her life. 

Hopefully, the reality hits her to the point where she packs up and leaves Josh. Last time I remember there being pressure from both her parents and the Duggars to stay. Only this time I hope that, if she chooses to leave, that she has the Kellers and Duggars support. Josh isn't going to be able to come back from this scandal like he did the last time. If Anna does choose to stay with Josh (fingers crossed she doesn't), then she is going to have a very, very long road ahead of her being a single mom to seven with barely a high school education. Finding a reasonable paying job for that amount won't be easy. Actually, Anna finding a job in general won't be easy because most people would recognize her. She is really going to be dependent on her parents, siblings, and in-laws for support. I can see her taking off with her children to either Texas to live with David and Priscilla or Florida to be with her parents after the trial is over. I really think she is going to want to get out of Arkansas after Josh goes to jail. 

44 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

There were the "sin in the camp" rumblings around Josh for years prior to the molestations becoming public.   Wouldn't be surprised if fundies in the Duggar circles knew for a long time that Josh was a problem and made a point of steering clear outside of church or any public gatherings.  I wonder how many fundie Daddies privately wrote Josh off as a potential suitor for their daughters.  

Back when he was fired from the FRC and forced to return to NWA, I thought that any independence he might have achieved from his parents was over.   In part because of his prospects (he was darn lucky with his limited background to get a job like at the FRC) but also because JB/J'chelle would rein him in big time after messing up like that, especially considering his (now publicly) known history of issues.  

So he's back to being not only economically supported but is severely limited in his activities as if he was a kid.  If he ever chafed under that control while living at home, he's brought himself back into that same situation but worse.  

This is what bothers me the most about the Duggars rise to power. There is little to no doubt in my mind that the producers knew on some level of Josh molesting his siblings. Someone called and reported them at or around the time of their first TV special and there was an investigation. Yet, TLC allowed them to have a regular show highlighting their life. It just doesn't make sense as to why TLC would allow them to have a show with it being somewhat public knowledge. I remember years ago reading about the now proven true rumor of Josh molesting his sisters only for them to be dismissed. Now, its out in the open and everyone knows it was all true. It just makes me wonder if TLC covered up anymore behind the scenes with the Duggars. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

33 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Hopefully, the reality hits her to the point where she packs up and leaves Josh. Last time I remember there being pressure from both her parents and the Duggars to stay. Only this time I hope that, if she chooses to leave, that she has the Kellers and Duggars support. Josh isn't going to be able to come back from this scandal like he did the last time. If Anna does choose to stay with Josh (fingers crossed she doesn't), then she is going to have a very, very long road ahead of her being a single mom to seven with barely a high school education. Finding a reasonable paying job for that amount won't be easy. Actually, Anna finding a job in general won't be easy because most people would recognize her. She is really going to be dependent on her parents, siblings, and in-laws for support. I can see her taking off with her children to either Texas to live with David and Priscilla or Florida to be with her parents after the trial is over. I really think she is going to want to get out of Arkansas after Josh goes to jail. 

This is what bothers me the most about the Duggars rise to power. There is little to no doubt in my mind that the producers knew on some level of Josh molesting his siblings. Someone called and reported them at or around the time of their first TV special and there was an investigation. Yet, TLC allowed them to have a regular show highlighting their life. It just doesn't make sense as to why TLC would allow them to have a show with it being somewhat public knowledge. I remember years ago reading about the now proven true rumor of Josh molesting his sisters only for them to be dismissed. Now, its out in the open and everyone knows it was all true. It just makes me wonder if TLC covered up anymore behind the scenes with the Duggars. 

I think Anna will stay in AR so she can regularly visit Josh in jail. She will probably try to talk JB into starting a prison ministry in Josh’s facility. Her dad has had a prison ministry for years so she’s used to it. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Anna will stay in AR so she can regularly visit Josh in jail. She will probably try to talk JB into starting a prison ministry in Josh’s facility. Her dad has had a prison ministry for years so she’s used to it. 

I knew about her dad doing prison ministry. That’s way I was so surprised that he wanted her to marry Josh even after they knew the truth about him. Although I’m sure JB downplayed it to her parents. 

• Upvote 10

46 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I knew about her dad doing prison ministry. That’s way I was so surprised that he wanted her to marry Josh even after they knew the truth about him. Although I’m sure JB downplayed it to her parents. 

My leaning is that JB downplayed it to Pa Keller, using vague "Duggarspeak" that in his mind was full disclosure but by any other measure it wasn't.   But even if Pa Keller fully understood the truth, I still think Anna, being as sheltered as she was, would not have any idea, any reference point for what it all meant.  That's assuming she was told.   The exchange between the daddies, such as it was, might have counted as sufficient.  

I posted earlier about the possibility of Anna going back to Florida.  I don't think that's likely, agree that she would probably stay in AR where she's close to Josh, however I can see her moving if JB breaks the bank trying to defend Josh and has no money left to endlessly support his kids, their families, including Anna.    With no more TLC money coming in for him and facing (presumably) massive bills defending his errant first-born, JB may face the real possibility of running out and may have to make hard choices. 

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Jana814 said:

It makes sense though, that her dad would be fine with Ana marrying Josh even if he knew the full story. His entire prison ministry is based on the idea that people are cured from their wayward behavior by watching some Gothard videos. Josh watched Gothard videos and went to Gothard jail so in the mind of Pa Keller he was cured and there is zero concerns. To accept that all this Gothard stuff didn’t cure Josh would be to accept his entire ministry is a sham. So I suspect the Kellers will also maintain that Josh is innocent. 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The only hope I have for Anna breaking free is if this case goes to trial and she is exposed to the evidence that was found, and that it is stuff so sick and with zero doubt anyone but Josh could have been involved.  As a mom there might be a slight chance that seeing that would break the fundie spell she is under. Otherwise, she will continue to try to be a martyr and convince herself Josh was framed.  

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

19 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

The only hope I have for Anna breaking free is if this case goes to trial and she is exposed to the evidence that was found, and that it is stuff so sick and with zero doubt anyone but Josh could have been involved.  As a mom there might be a slight chance that seeing that would break the fundie spell she is under. Otherwise, she will continue to try to be a martyr and convince herself Josh was framed.  

I’m afraid I have no hope for Anna. I think she will live in denial and convince herself Josh was framed. She will visit him every single week with her children. She will constantly send him things to make his life easier in prison. She will talk to him on the phone often and tell him all about the kids and their lives as if he’s just off somewhere for a little while and will be home before you know it. She will welcome him home with open arms after he’s released and pretend like nothing ever happened. 

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 25

3 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Actually, Anna finding a job in general won't be easy because most people would recognize her. She is really going to be dependent on her parents, siblings, and in-laws for support. 

I don’t think most people would recognize Anna. Maybe in the actual town she lives in, but I doubt most people even a few towns over would blink twice at her name when applying for job. And if she wants to she could always just start introducing herself as Anne Keller and I don’t think anyone would say, “Hey, isn’t that Josh Duggar’s wife’s maiden name???”

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, nokidsmom said:

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

(Assuming he’s convicted) Josh is going to federal prison and there is no guarantee he will be in Arkansas. There is a federal medium security men’s prison in Arkansas, but who knows if they will have room for Josh when the time comes. In all likelihood, he will get shuffled around a few different prisons over the course of his sentence. I’ve posted before about a friend’s brother who plead guilty to similar charges - he’s been moved through three different prison over the past 10 years. Having family in federal prison is a huge burden - no conjugal visits for Anna, limited visits/contact in general, and often requiring a long journey.

• Upvote 16
  • Thank You 9

51 minutes ago, mpheels said:

(Assuming he’s convicted) Josh is going to federal prison and there is no guarantee he will be in Arkansas. There is a federal medium security men’s prison in Arkansas, but who knows if they will have room for Josh when the time comes. In all likelihood, he will get shuffled around a few different prisons over the course of his sentence. I’ve posted before about a friend’s brother who plead guilty to similar charges - he’s been moved through three different prison over the past 10 years. Having family in federal prison is a huge burden - no conjugal visits for Anna, limited visits/contact in general, and often requiring a long journey.

If he is moved around, I think she will still try to visit as much as possible, will send him plenty of stuff to keep him happy, and will talk on the phone with him a lot. I even wouldn’t be surprised if she moved her and her kids to be near him. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I even wouldn’t be surprised if she moved her and her kids to be near him. 

I was thinking the same thing. I also think she will try & get the kids to visit him. 

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 5

5 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Very true, I just wonder if she will send the kids out to relatives from time to time as she may not be able to support seven kids and have them take some of the pressure off her shoulders. Living in a warehouse with seven kids on your in-laws property whom you are currently (admittedly reported) to be feuding while struggling to make ends meet because you can't find a reasonable paying job to feed and cloth them while you are drowning in legal fees due to your pedophile husbands actions and possible lawsuit from said husbands victims while said husband is spending time in prison and unable to hold a job before and after may not be the best environment for the kids. 

11 minutes ago, Jana814 said:

I was thinking the same thing. I also think she will try & get the kids to visit him. 

If she stays with him, then of course she is going to let them see him. I can see he trying to get a prison ministry started so the kids can have contact with Josh. From the way it looks she frequently visits the Rebers, probably on a daily basis, with them. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, mpheels said:

It's going to depend on the judge and what he is convicted of. If Josh gets sentenced to federal prison, then it is very possible that he will end up serving his sentence outside of Arkansas. If Josh does get convicted or pleads guilty, then I do believe his lawyers will do what they can to keep him in Arkansas. But, it all depends on the level of severity of the charges he is convicted of and the judge, most likely, will have to be on his side for keeping him in Arkansas. Only question is if the judge tells Josh that he has to go to a federal prison in say Pennsylvania, will Anna follow. Plus, for Josh to stay in the Arkansas prison it will depend on if they prison can house him safely and if they aren't overcrowded. From time to time inmates do get moved from the prison they are in due to overcrowding and being attacked by inmates. It's somewhat well known that pedophiles are at the bottom of the barrel for prisoners and Josh being a well known Arkansas resident, this prison may not be the "safest" prison for him to serve his sentence. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, mpheels said:

If only they had someone in the family who was a pilot that could help get her to visits….

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 13

5 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

It's going to depend on the judge and what he is convicted of. If Josh gets sentenced to federal prison, then it is very possible that he will end up serving his sentence outside of Arkansas. If Josh does get convicted or pleads guilty, then I do believe his lawyers will do what they can to keep him in Arkansas. But, it all depends on the level of severity of the charges he is convicted of and the judge, most likely, will have to be on his side for keeping him in Arkansas.

Whether he pleads guilty or is convicted, he's going to start out at a medium security federal prison.  He'll be considered a sex offender and can't automatically go to a camp or a low security facility. There's no way around that. I think there is a good chance he'll end up at FCI Forrest City Medium in Arkansas, if only because it seems to house an unusually large number of child sex offenders.  With that said, it will depend on space issues and possibly whether Josh might be in more danger from other inmates if he stays closer to home.   

• Upvote 10

25 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Very true, I just wonder if she will send the kids out to relatives from time to time as she may not be able to support seven kids and have them take some of the pressure off her shoulders. Living in a warehouse with seven kids on your in-laws property whom you are currently (admittedly reported) to be feuding while struggling to make ends meet because you can't find a reasonable paying job to feed and cloth them while you are drowning in legal fees due to your pedophile husbands actions and possible lawsuit from said husbands victims while said husband is spending time in prison and unable to hold a job before and after may not be the best environment for the kids. 

If she stays with him, then of course she is going to let them see him. I can see he trying to get a prison ministry started so the kids can have contact with Josh. From the way it looks she frequently visits the Rebers, probably on a daily basis, with them. 

Let’s be real, Josh is doing very little to support Anna raising 7 kids anyway. He’s a sperm donor, an extra mouth to feed, and a connection to JB’s wallet. At this point Mackynzie likely does more parenting than he does. Anna will be no worse off with him in prison than she is now.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 16

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

If he is moved around, I think she will still try to visit as much as possible, will send him plenty of stuff to keep him happy, and will talk on the phone with him a lot. I even wouldn’t be surprised if she moved her and her kids to be near him. 

Could she even afford to do that? Doesn't her money come from JB? After all the attorney fees, I wonder how much more he will be willing to finance beyond minimal day to day expenses. Numerous trips, extra treats for Josh? I don’t think so. Even if Anna has some money of her own, it won't support her family for the 20 years that Josh could be in prison. 

12 minutes ago, Smee said:

Let’s be real, Josh is doing very little to support Anna raising 7 kids anyway. He’s a sperm donor, an extra mouth to feed, and a connection to JB’s wallet. At this point Mackynzie likely does more parenting than he does. Anna will be no worse off with him in prison than she is now.

I agree.  And I think Anna will stay right where she’s at. JB will give her a modest allowance to cover living expenses. She realistically can’t work outside the home  because she will be caring for and homeschooling her seven kids. Things probably won’t change much from how it’s been since Josh and family returned from DC. It’s never appeared like Josh has had much of an income, although Anna did claim somewhat recently that Josh was a good provider. Oops.

• Upvote 14

12 hours ago, SassyPants said:

For once, Josh should do the right thing and divorce Anna. That act would be the most Godly, selfless, manly decision that Josh Duggar ever made. Anna and the kids could slip away into obscurity. JB could throw the money he’s currently providing Josh, to Anna, in a monthly (or 1 time large payout) stipend. JB could also provide Anna with 1 of his trashed houses, quick deed. Anna could also apply for government assistance with herself +6.5 mouths to feed, it could work. JB has money. JB created, or at the very least heavily contributed to this mess, he can clean it up. He has the means. For once, he can be the gift giver.

Love this!!!

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

It's going to depend on the judge and what he is convicted of. If Josh gets sentenced to federal prison, then it is very possible that he will end up serving his sentence outside of Arkansas. If Josh does get convicted or pleads guilty, then I do believe his lawyers will do what they can to keep him in Arkansas. But, it all depends on the level of severity of the charges he is convicted of and the judge, most likely, will have to be on his side for keeping him in Arkansas. Only question is if the judge tells Josh that he has to go to a federal prison in say Pennsylvania, will Anna follow. Plus, for Josh to stay in the Arkansas prison it will depend on if they prison can house him safely and if they aren't overcrowded. From time to time inmates do get moved from the prison they are in due to overcrowding and being attacked by inmates. It's somewhat well known that pedophiles are at the bottom of the barrel for prisoners and Josh being a well known Arkansas resident, this prison may not be the "safest" prison for him to serve his sentence. 

If sentenced to prison, where Josh serves his sentence will be up to the Federal Bureau of Prisons not the Judge https://www.bop.gov/inmates/custody_and_care/designations.jsp, the Judge has some input, but ultimately it’s up to BOP & they’ll base their assignment on their guidelines.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

A couple of people have mentioned Pa Keller doing a prison ministry where ever Josh ends up. Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest or something? A family member inside the prison ministering to his wayward son-in-law? Surely Anna couldn't go into the prison where Josh is to "minister" to him. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

A couple of people have mentioned Pa Keller doing a prison ministry where ever Josh ends up. Wouldn't that be a conflict of interest or something? A family member inside the prison ministering to his wayward son-in-law? Surely Anna couldn't go into the prison where Josh is to "minister" to him. 

From my experience you have to declare any relationships friends or family that you have with inmates. So Pa Kellar would have to say he is the FIL and from my experience he would not be allowed to work at the same center as him as in Josh would never be classified to the gaol of his FIL if his FIL. It is a conflict of interest especially that close of a relationship and for me personally that kind of crim. We all suspect Pa Keller doesn't give a crap about what people think of sex offenders in his family he let one marry in. 

• Upvote 6