IGNORED

Counting On Season 11: How Low Can They Go?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

Most of the adult kids have looked like they were over it and putting in the bare minimum for awhile when it came to the show. I doubt they care very much. I can see Jessa and Jeremy caring the most…John David and Abbie, Joe and Kendra, Lauren and Josiah, Austin…none of them seemed to adore having cameras around and just put up with them.

Wow…so a gaggle of them may not like having to work. Well, try going hungry and see how that makes you and the ever growing family feel. How is plate licking  Joe going  to support his growing family ???

OMFG- continuing their creative careers in LA. Doing what? Working the soda stand at Universal Studios? Wearing the character Costume?

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 10

Why on earth did it take so long for TLC to cancel the show?? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 19

4 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

It’s about time, honestly why they didn’t pull the plug as soon as this came out I’ll never understand.

it will be a lot harder to keep track of everyone though, especially the less active on social media families like Lauren and Josiah. I also have to wonder if this will affect the living situation of any of them, particularly JinJer.

Well, according to JinJer's statement (which was actually pretty classy for them), they are looking forward to continuing their "creative journey" in LA.

Given the quality of their creative endeavors so far, and the preponderance of actual creative endeavors in Los Angeles, maybe they would be better off taking the next step in their creative journey back to the sticks.

5 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

I have just posted about it in the main family thread I honestly forget about this one. Will this be the end for the Duggar tv show(s)? Or will they be able to find a new way somehow to get a new show? 

Any howlers left to produce "quality content" for YouTube?

• Upvote 6

I've not read any recent studies , but the studies that showed that showed a reduced risk of breast cancer due to breastfeeding had certain criteria to the reduced risk.  It was only true for premenopausal breast cancer and those mothers had to breastfeed for a certain number of months.  I'm really talking about years here.  And while breastfeeding for a certain number of months might help reduce the risk of breast cancer, it does not eliminate the possibility of getting breast cancer.  Even though I nursed my 5 girls for about a cumulative total of 12 or 13 years (13 years if you count my nursing my premie for 11 months),  I'm about 15 years post-menopause so I don't count ant protection from breast cancer from those years of nursing

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

7 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

Well! There it is.

And there’s the opportunity for the kids who want to do the slow fade out of public life, I guess

6 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I can not imagine how pissed off Josh’s siblings must be, particularly Jessa

(very active and involved in the show and had to do those interviews defending her family after the molestation news broke) . 

Their livelihoods negatively impacted by their brother’s actions. Again.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Derick and Jill have said they would consider a show on their terms; Jeremy and Jinger would definitely do a show- these people don’t dislike the limelight as much as they’d have you believe.

I may be being Uber cynical but Jinger chose this time to post a photo with the 2 girls, not quite showing their faces - perhaps a reminder she will exploit her children for a TV show and cash.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

18 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Derick and Jill have said they would consider a show on their terms; Jeremy and Jinger would definitely do a show- these people don’t dislike the limelight as much as they’d have you believe.

I may be being Uber cynical but Jinger chose this time to post a photo with the 2 girls, not quite showing their faces - perhaps a reminder she will exploit her children for a TV show and cash.

But if they get a show, they'll have to show the girls' faces. No getting around that. You can't market yourself as a young family but not show the family. 

Edited by marmalade
Rogue comma!
  • Upvote 13

If they wait a couple of years they could change half of the cast with new kids and spouses to rebrand the show a couple of Howlers married, Jana married, and a bunch of new kids. Called something like the new traditional family. Kendra could announce #4 around the end of the year, Jessa is about to pop, Joy can announce soon or around January/February next year, there are rumors that at least one Howlers is courting, and the newly married couple are both due to announce any day now. Just like this, there could be six new cast members in a year or less. I feel the TLC statement leave a back door open for some special or rebrand 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I wonder if, now that the show is cancelled and they don't 'have' to be in the public eye again, some of the second generation will move their instagram to private (maybe they already have one). I can see Lauren and Kendra wanting to completely step away, on the other hand, they might also see it as their ministry.

• Upvote 7

Joe will do whatever he’s told- he’s well into the cult.

Lauren & Josiah never seemed as keen on the limelight- I can see them going private unless they need the ad money. 

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 8

11 hours ago, clueliss said:

The YouTube world is based on people creating their own content and posting it.  In the case of the Duggars, this would involve actual work to film content, edit content, post content and do so on something of a schedule

The whole work thing. Carlin Bates and her husband are being successful at this (see Bates thread where the silver button was explained to me). However, to my knowledge we've not seen any Duggars put in any consistent effort to do any of this on their channels. JinJer want to be like Audrey and Jeremy Roloff without putting in the effort. (Not a fan of any of them but the Roloffs seem to do that work thing).

9 hours ago, Lurker said:

Counting On is canceled, but media interest in the Duggars is not.

And this makes me think they will rise from the ashes in some form again. After all they cancelled 19 Kids and then started with the Counting on drivel.   I hope the kids that want their lives, away from cameras, can now do so. 

Someone mentioned that their income/livelihood was affected by oldest boy again. All the sibling's lives have impacted by that idiot and his parent's poor decisions in regards to their golden child.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 6

Purely Idle Speculation Bus (ISB)

After the November 2019 seizure of Josh Duggar's computers, TLC started playing a waiting game. Whether or not JB and M suspected early on that Josh was being investigated for CSA images, management at TLC probably assumed the worst. There seems to have been an attempt to not further emmesh themselves with the Duggars. Because of the pandemic, the lack of much new TLC / Duggar content wasn't as noticeable as it would have been otherwise. 

In the first months of 2021, there was a lot of discussion at FJ about what TLC might be filming "in secret" which they could release after the pandemic was controlled. The Duggars seemed to be doing a lot of stuff that was previously considered content for their show. I submit that JB and M Duggar were trying to get ahead of the oncoming train of Josh's indictment and had stopped waiting for TLC to participate. Before January 2021, Josh and his parents probably had hopes that the Justice Department would quash the indictment. They may have even hoped for a presidential pardon for Josh. After January 2021, it was obvious that ship had sailed. 

After the May 2021 arraignment, TLC might have wanted to continue some form of the show, but to actually show the drama of the impact of Josh's actions on the family. That might have even made some interesting content. However, Josh's lawyers would probably have thought that was a very bad idea. And, of course, JB and M would be even more resistant to changing the format from the so-called wholesome, large family pap they have been slinging for years. Finally, TLC decided the show was not salvageable in its present format. 

• Upvote 24

No more TLC money, big legal bills coming in and guaranteed extra 7 kids and one adult plus an extra adult (when out of prison) plus possibly more kids then(puke) to support forever also the hit to his earning potential, JB must be shitting his britches about his bank balance. 

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 5

4 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Lauren & Josiah never seemed as keen on the limelight- I can see them going private unless they need the ad money. 

to my bolding.

All the adult Duggar (and Bates) kids have something that they can do for money. Work. Get a skill/education and get a job. Hundreds of millions of people around the world do that very thing to support their families. And the kids might find out that they like living a boring, non-recognized life off camera/YouTube, etc. I hope many of the kids do this very simple thing - work. And become more attached to their own spouse and kids and further away from paternal & maternal parents and siblings and live their own life. 

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 5

In fairness, quite a few of the older kids or their spouses do have jobs.  But that said, I believe they will keep the social media accounts open (if they currently have them) because the money will be too hard to pass up and it is something they can control on their terms, not TLC or Jim Bob's. Heck, they would be no different than a lot of 20-something young adults who also have Instagram accounts and YouTube and make some extra spending money.  The only couple I can see truly trying to live off their "fame" will be Jinger and Jeremy, and to a lesser extend Jessa.  Joy, Lauren, etc. will continue to post the content they want to share but not necessarily be begging for their own shows. Those who want no part of the limelight (John David, some Howlers, etc.) will fade away and enjoy some anonymity.  

• Upvote 8

25 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

No more TLC money, big legal bills coming in and guaranteed extra 7 kids and one adult plus an extra adult (when out of prison) plus possibly more kids then(puke) to support forever also the hit to his earning potential, JB must be shitting his britches about his bank balance. 

Boob needs to tell Josh to plead out or he’ll stop paying his legal bills. He’s a complete moron if he doesn’t. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, AussieKrissy said:

I keep wondering about that. Will the duggars as a whole be able to continue their current lifestyle? Planes, gas to fill said planes, endless travels to weddings and the Gaine’s decorating town or whatever that is, etc. or will it be back to buy used save the difference, selling the properties and the planes for money, things actually getting tight?  I wonder what their financial picture looks like, both the boob and j’chelle, and all the separate adult kids. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

I don't see how the Duggars can move forward on TLC without having to address Josh. And not in the apologetic whitewashed version of early Counting On. While they will always have some delusional fans, I don't think there is an appetite for more of the saintly Duggar show. They'll  need to be like Plathville if they want viewers.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking because I'd love to see a more honest version of the Duggars/ see some of the kids spill the dirt and break away.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I don’t think Lauren and Josiah have publicly posted a single thing since Bella’s birthday in November.  I think they’ve both been shown in family gathering photos that the siblings have posted-Christmas, the wedding(s),  but that’s it. They weren’t in the incredibly stilted Easter episode, or in the very short video the Duggar family posted a few days ago. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

to my bolding.

All the adult Duggar (and Bates) kids have something that they can do for money. Work. Get a skill/education and get a job. Hundreds of millions of people around the world do that very thing to support their families. And the kids might find out that they like living a boring, non-recognized life off camera/YouTube, etc. I hope many of the kids do this very simple thing - work. And become more attached to their own spouse and kids and further away from paternal & maternal parents and siblings and live their own life. 

Unfortunately, JB would have to backtrack on his tenets of not working for the man…not all of those families will be successful at business ownership as that requires hustle. The only Duggar/relation I see hustling are Austin and Derick. Jeremy is merely a less ah shucks version of JB. Replace children with fancy coffee, duds and philosophy and you have Jeremy. 

• Upvote 11

3 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Unfortunately, JB would have to backtrack on his tenets of not working for the man…not all of those families will be successful at business ownership as that requires hustle. The only Duggar/relation I see hustling are Austin and Derick. Jeremy is merely a less ah shucks version of JB. Replace children with fancy coffee, duds and philosophy and you have Jeremy. 

That is one thing the kids will have to grow up and grow a spine and do what is right for themselves and their own family. With all these fundie kids, time will tell if they toe the family line or start venturing their own way. 

• Upvote 11

1 minute ago, quiversR4hunting said:

That is one thing the kids will have to grow up and grow a spine and do what is right for themselves and their own family. With all these fundie kids, time will tell if they toe the family line or start venturing their own way. 

Hunger and the comforts of a roof overhead and heating/cooling plus a reliable transportation source might be the primary catalysts. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1