IGNORED

Counting On Season 11: How Low Can They Go?

Coconut Flan

It’s about time, honestly why they didn’t pull the plug as soon as this came out I’ll never understand.

it will be a lot harder to keep track of everyone though, especially the less active on social media families like Lauren and Josiah. I also have to wonder if this will affect the living situation of any of them, particularly JinJer.

• Upvote 20

36 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Jessa was shilling pillows earlier today on Instagram. Guess she needs the money now. 

I just came to say Wonderful news about the show being cancelled forever! 

@sassypants got her wish how many years later!! I remember when she said it originally right Jessa's wedding...........

Remember SP : )

Jessa can shill all the pillows she wants. 

It's been a slice everyone! Thank you . 

i forgot some words, It's 40 degrees here which is insane....but there you go 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

I can not imagine how pissed off Josh’s siblings must be, particularly Jessa

(very active and involved in the show and had to do those interviews defending her family after the molestation news broke) . 

• Upvote 32
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

I have just posted about it in the main family thread I honestly forget about this one. Will this be the end for the Duggar tv show(s)? Or will they be able to find a new way somehow to get a new show? 

I wouldn’t be surprised if some other Duggar variant show pops up in the future. TLC deliberately avoided the word ‘cancel’ and said nothing about cutting ties with the family. 

I don’t think this is the end for all Duggar related content. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 9
  • Thank You 1

Amy seems relieved at the cancellation news- that roller coaster emoji strikes me as a poignant choice.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQuLRMJJgeb/

5 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I wouldn’t be surprised if some other Duggar variant show pops up in the future. TLC deliberately avoided the word ‘cancel’ and said nothing about cutting ties with the family. 

I agree. Here is my guess: at least half of the adult Duggars will take this opportunity to step away from the limelight forever. Those that don't step away will be divided between those who continue to produce pro-cult content in the vein of previous Duggar content up until now, and those who do tell-alls, criticisms, and that sort of thing. 

• Upvote 21
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 7

Do you think the girls being able to shill on Instagram will decrease dramatically without the show? I imagine it would, but don't really know how visible the show is in the US.

• Upvote 5

I thought CO had fairly low ratings for a couple of years. The recaps all seemed to be about how boring it, heavy on filler and plots being rehashed. I don't think the show being canceled will keep them from shilling. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

Shilling on the Gram will only be affected if they lose followers.  

I predict that those not on YouTube will show up there and others will begin posting content on the regular to snag ad revenue.  

And we’ll see how quickly JB begins getting people real jobs and the adults married off.

• Upvote 18

So, JinJer’s statement was definitely a ‘hey, keep us in mind’ to TLC. I also bet Derick is crowing about this privately…cue a Twitter liking spree in 3…2…1…

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Jeremy’s statement seems calculated to enrage JimBob and Michelle.   It cuts off the path of them claiming persecution.  Anyway, good for JinJer for getting out in front of it before the press can get other family reactions.  Props to them also going out on a high note without burning bridges and leaving the door open to something, anything on TLC in the future.  

I still think if tlc came knocking they would jump. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

38 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I can not imagine how pissed off Josh’s siblings must be, particularly Jessa

(very active and involved in the show and had to do those interviews defending her family after the molestation news broke) . 

Most of the adult kids have looked like they were over it and putting in the bare minimum for awhile when it came to the show. I doubt they care very much. I can see Jessa and Jeremy caring the most…John David and Abbie, Joe and Kendra, Lauren and Josiah, Austin…none of them seemed to adore having cameras around and just put up with them.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4

I don’t think Jinger and Jeremy will get their own show. Neither of them are charming or remotely interesting. What would it be about? Jinger staring lovingly at Jeremy as he talks nonsense? People aren’t going to identify with them. 

I think the show was always on its last legs and this is a good time to end it. Josh was never on Counting On  like he was on 19 Kids, so they could say it had no tie to Josh. The show is just like living in a rerun. Every episode has been done a thousand times. I am sure TLC makes more money off of the Pimple Popper lady and My 600 Pound Life, shows with much higher ratings. Most people can’t even name a Duggar other than Josh. Let the scramble to pay the bills without TLC money begin. 

• Upvote 24
  • Rufus Bless 1

4 minutes ago, DalmatianCat said:

Most of the adult kids have looked like they were over it and putting in the bare minimum for awhile when it came to the show. I doubt they care very much. I can see Jessa and Jeremy caring the most…John David and Abbie, Joe and Kendra, Lauren and Josiah, Austin…none of them seemed to adore having cameras around and just put up with them.

Working for free probably helped curb some enthusiasm.

Still, I can see JB trying to work an angle with some more obscure cable network (Hell, the Arndts had a cable TV show for awhile.) Boob still has minor kids (Jackson and the youngest girls) and adult kids still at home under his control.  And Jessa will knock them all trying to be the first in line to sign up.   

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

49 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Why couldn't they get a you-tube show like Duck Dynasty son Willie Robertson?

21 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I thought CO had fairly low ratings for a couple of years. The recaps all seemed to be about how boring it, heavy on filler and plots being rehashed. I don't think the show being canceled will keep them from shilling. 

32 minutes ago, ToriAmos said:

Do you think the girls being able to shill on Instagram will decrease dramatically without the show? I imagine it would, but don't really know how visible the show is in the US.

If anything this will probably increase their followers because it’s the only way for fans to keep up with them. I think in the last several years some of the girls have realized how much money is available as an influencer and/or a YouTuber. They all seem way happier and more engaged sharing their own content which makes me think that they were tired of going along with TLC/JB storylines and don’t mind sharing about their lives when they get to control the content and editing.

That being said…the influencer/YouTuber market is pretty crowded with lots of engaging, fun, sparkling personalities who have hundreds of thousands followers that they gained without reality tv show fans. As the show recedes from the popular consciousness (I don’t think it was all that popular the last several years…I know few people who watched it or had a clue what was going on with them other than knowing they were a “big family”), they’ll have to work harder to stand out, but I think Jessa and Joy could make it happen.

• Upvote 18

10 minutes ago, Cults-r-us said:

Why couldn't they get a you-tube show like Duck Dynasty son Willie Robertson?

Nothing is stopping them.  The YouTube world is based on people creating their own content and posting it.  In the case of the Duggars, this would involve actual work to film content, edit content, post content and do so on something of a schedule. Jill, Jessa and Joy have channels.  None of the, post on a dedicated schedule.  Joy in particular seems to forget she even has a channel for months at a time.

• Upvote 11

Mixed emotions for me. Josh totally screwed up the family business...twice. I knew the show would be canceled eventually, but I really thought it would be because of low ratings and not another scandal. We shouldn't celebrate too soon. Uptv or other conservative channels could easily snatch them up and call it spiritual redemption ?

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

They could definitely end up on UpTV, and then they can do crossover episodes with the Bates, or at least stop editing each other out of the wedding episodes.

ETA: Let’s climb on board the speculation bus! TLC wants to let Jana have her private wedding, let Derick/Jill/Amy spill some secrets, let Josh get into prison with minimal publicity, and then they’ll be back, with a different name, new contracts, and changes to the cast members.

Edited by QuiverFullofBooks
Added 2nd paragraph
  • Upvote 15

Yeah, JB would never bring attention to Josh's crimes, he'd rather sweep that under the rug. And sadly Josh would never do it either, because he can't risk upsetting JB - who else is going to pay those lawyers?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

It would be sweet justice if Jill and Derek were given some kind of spin off show or tell-all special. I would watch!  

• Upvote 12
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So, JinJer’s statement was definitely a ‘hey, keep us in mind’ to TLC. I also bet Derick is crowing about this privately…cue a Twitter liking spree in 3…2…1…

I got the sense from Amy's post as well.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, DalmatianCat said:

I agree. With the exception of Jessa/Ben and Jinger/Jeremy, I think the adult couples will all be relieved not to be on TV. Joy/Austin and John/Abbie in particular only seemed to participate on sufferance. The show has been barely watchable for the past couple of years (not that it was ever that watchable to begin with). It was overdue for either cancellation or rebooting well before the latest Josh scandal. 

Those who want to can maintain their vlogs and influencer status. And once the dust settles, it’s possible one or two of the individual couples might negotiate their own show or an occasional update special. 

• Upvote 11

Guess Jim Blob will have to pull out the big guns and let Jana wed.  Someone.  Maybe the guy in Nebraska, maybe someone we haven't heard of yet.  He won't go down fighting, not while there's all that TLC money.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

So far today, People has a story about Jinger and Jeremy’s statement and another one about Jessa and family camping.   I saw something earlier about Jill’s son Sam getting his library card on a site called Popculture this afternoon.  All of these showed up on my Apple Plus News.

Counting On is canceled, but media interest in the Duggars is not.

Edited by Lurker
  • Upvote 11