IGNORED

Future Election Processes

47of74

Some news on the future of Presidential selection process. 

Democratic Party leaders are considering overhauling the 2024 presidential primary calendar, a transformation that would include ousting Iowa and New Hampshire from their cherished perches as the first states to vote.

Senior party leaders and Democratic National Committee members are privately exploring the idea of pushing South Carolina and Nevada to the front of the primary election schedule, as well as the possibility of multiple states holding the first nominating contest on the same day.

Two political heavyweights with longtime bonds to President Joe Biden — South Carolina Rep. Jim Clyburn and former Sen. Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada — are among those discussing the possible changes.

Both have long insisted that Iowa and New Hampshire have an outsize role in framing the presidential contest despite being unrepresentative of the rest of the country.

I wish they would change things up. After that shitshow that was the Iowa Caucuses last year I swore I’d never attend one of them again.  It pisses me off cause that was one of the last times we were able to have an in person meeting of the camera club I belong to  

While it’s always good to rally the troops and have proof that not everyone in Iowa worships the Giant Orange Calf of Fornicationstickery we need a more equitable process. And part of that should be allowing other states to go first, especially those states where currently their role is academic.

• Upvote 5