IGNORED

Jed and Katey 2: The Hidden Engagement?

Coconut Flan

Apparently Katey said she’s due in April in the video. Can someone confirm?

edit: someone on Reddit confirmed Katey said she’s due on April 4th

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

That’s what she said. If that’s the case she found out at 6 or so weeks.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

edit: someone on Reddit confirmed Katey said she’s due on April 4th

in the video Jed says in the car on the way to the baseball game that there due in April

Edited by raayx01

Watching the video:

It's long. They went to Walmart and bought a pregnancy test. It was negative, no wait it was positive. Why say negative first? Jed! said he didn't have a girl on television when he was clearly with Katey. He likes to be tricky. Of course Jed! is a Duggar golden boy politician. 

Keeps talking about using the bathroom. We're getting way too much play-by-play. 

Pregnancy test went positive right away. 

"God's timing is perfect".

Next day Katey and Jed! are having a huge announcemnt with 100 people (Family and church friends)  They're babysitting for Gracie (John David's daughter).

Big reveal is at a baseball game. The team playing is a minor league team named Northwest Arkansas Naturals.  Seats are social distanced by the stadium. It still seems risky. Announced on jumbo screen that they're having a baby.  

Some male says "I expected the announcement a lot sooner." 

Katey writes a note to the baby on a baseball they bought at the stadium. That's cute. 

She's got the female looking at her headship gaze down pat.

I missed the due date. Also the video is sponsored by Sam's Furniture, but Jed! and Katey don't mention Sam's Furniture once. Sam's Furniture is a local company that makes and sells furniture. Sierra's husband used to or still works at Sam's Furniture.

Jed! and Katey clearly want to be famous. I'm sure they're disappointed they aren't/weren't on television.

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 12

I saw the announcement posted on Reddit first and seriously thought it was Josiah and Lauren announcing and assumed the “and then there were 3” either meant they were having twins or that they were having one and including Asa in their count. I’m slightly disappointed because at least Josiah and Lauren don’t exploit Bella like it seems Jed and Katey will be doing with this baby. I also have a strong feeling that they’re going to break the girl streak and have a precious golden boy. 

• Upvote 7

I saw the announcement and watched their video. It seemed like a cute way to announce the pregnancy to the family. Both Katey and Jed are understandably excited. I haven’t seen much of either of them; they appear genuine. I thought I’d dislike them, but I don’t.  It was inevitable another Duggar couple would announce a pregnancy. I’d prefer them to have a boy. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

Since baby is due in April at least it won't have the misfortune to meet it's Uncle Josh for a long time since he'll be in prison by then, hopefully.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Since baby is due in April at least it won't have the misfortune to meet it's Uncle Josh for a long time since he'll be in prison by then, hopefully.

Sadly his new daughter has to meet him

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 5

Is it just me or is anyone else weirded out that she took her pregnancy test in the Walmart bathroom?  I was wondering if she paid for the pregnancy kit or just took it in and peed and then left "so happy" forgot to pay for it?  Why couldn't they wait until she got home to pee on the stick?  So classless.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, J'emima Puddlecluck said:

Is it just me or is anyone else weirded out that she took her pregnancy test in the Walmart bathroom?  I was wondering if she paid for the pregnancy kit or just took it in and peed and then left "so happy" forgot to pay for it?  Why couldn't they wait until she got home to pee on the stick?  So classless.

20  years ago when I was working as a cashier at Target I had a lady come through my line and buy a pregnancy test. She was talking about how nervous she was and hoping it was negative. A few minutes later she came running back up to my lane to let me know it had been negative 🤣

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 26
  • Love 6

I added *yet in my head to the third pic, bloody insensitive idiots  people are dying Fucking tactless tone deaf unnecessary arrogant  addition.  
I would be fucking knocking on wood if I was those two. Way to tempt the gods with that shit. 
oh that’s right god is good to upstanding white Christian’s… special breed. 
edit to add my Facebook flashback came up for today. My first ultrasound was today 2015. I was 6 weeks 6days and I was due 22/04. So Katey must be a bit further along. My daughter was ivf. She was put in on the 3rd of August. 

Edited by AussieKrissy
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 5

Genuinely surprised they aren't having a honeymoon baby. I suspect Jed wants to squeeze in a couple of babies before the next election cycle to help bolster his "family guy" image. I also suspect we will see a pretty close gap between babies one and two. 

But this is also speculation on my part and I could be entirely wrong. 

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, J'emima Puddlecluck said:

No more weird than Kelly Bates taking one in a gas station bathroom on a trip to visit the Duggars.

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, WannabeHistorian said:

Genuinely surprised they aren't having a honeymoon baby. I suspect Jed wants to squeeze in a couple of babies before the next election cycle to help bolster his "family guy" image. I also suspect we will see a pretty close gap between babies one and two. 

But this is also speculation on my part and I could be entirely wrong. 

Close enough for jazz though!

• Upvote 3

Didn't Nurie Keller have that same "tested positive but not for covid" line in her announcement? I feel like I've seen it before.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Didn't Nurie Keller have that same "tested positive but not for covid" line in her announcement? I feel like I've seen it before.

Yes, she did. JRod probably feels so flattered that Jed! copied her daughter (even if it wasn't intentional).

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Love 1

Katie Joy is going off on Jed saying in the video that they wouldn't go into the family bathroom even if there was one. Katie starts implying that he said that because of their hatred and dislike of transgender people, because apparently target lets transgender people use there family bathroom. I watched the video and Katie is fucking lying. No doubt they don't like trans people, but he said that they went into separate bathrooms beaus there wasn't a family bathroom. Why does she have to stir up drama that's not there and make stuff up. I wish the people that watched her would also look up the stuff she says for themselves because then they'd realize that she a frickin liar.

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1

2 hours ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Saying she tested positive but not for COVID was so…. 🙄

It reminds me of the time that Dan Dillard (Derrick's brother) announced on Instagram that his pregnant wife had tested positive by writing, "Covid came knocking, and baby mama answered the door".

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 8
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I’ve seen similar jokey references in baby/birth announcements the past year, By extremely not fundie people. IMO it’s not meant to be disrespectful - just referencing a universal cultural event. There’s articles that give examples. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

I found the whole “tested positive but not for covid” very tone deaf and disrespectful. 

Happy for Jed and Katey. They seem over the moon with the news. But I fear for the baby. So horrible growing up in a cult. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 12

1 hour ago, SorenaJ said:

I found the whole “tested positive but not for covid” very tone deaf and disrespectful. 

Happy for Jed and Katey. They seem over the moon with the news. But I fear for the baby. So horrible growing up in a cult. 

One could consider the Duggars as being one deaf and disrespectful, one truly could. 

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic