Jump to content
IGNORED

Jed and Katey 2: The Hidden Engagement?


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

On 7/16/2021 at 10:47 PM, onekidanddone said:

I don’t think anything could be more creepy than that 

I don't understand this picture. "Hi - I just got married and can kiss this guy now! So let me get a pic of me kissing him while his brother kisses HIS new bride too! Super awesome!!" I just .. yeah - don't get it.

 

  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, Meggo said:

I don't understand this picture. "Hi - I just got married and can kiss this guy now! So let me get a pic of me kissing him while his brother kisses HIS new bride too! Super awesome!!" I just .. yeah - don't get it.

 

That's exactly what it is, and that's what adds the ickyness to it. These pics scream of ''look what we are allowed to do NOW!''. It's also ironic, because  I rarely see pictures on my friends social media of them full mouth kissing. Maybe a wedding picture and that is it. Never posing with another couple while having a full on smooch. The Duggars would consider me and my friends a bunch of  heathens college-educated women, yet we are more modest them any of them in my book. LOL

  • Upvote 23
Link to comment
Share on other sites

53 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

That's exactly what it is, and that's what adds the ickyness to it. These pics scream of ''look what we are allowed to do NOW!''. It's also ironic, because  I rarely see pictures on my friends social media of them full mouth kissing. Maybe a wedding picture and that is it. Never posing with another couple while having a full on smooch. The Duggars would consider me and my friends a bunch of  heathens college-educated women, yet we are more modest them any of them in my book. LOL

That is because kissing pics look weird and mostly unattractive. I made my husband practice before our wedding to find an angle that would look good for the photo, so our first kiss was kinda staged. But I have never taken another kissing photo in all the years we have been together, because they don't look good 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Actually I noticed that Stephen is constantly (as in every time he is in frame, this is in the full ceremony video) looking at the other side of the room, even when no one else is. when Jed and Katy are exiting, he is looking in that direction but looking past them. So I wondered if she was over there, perhaps near the back out of camera frame?

 

I noticed that too.  Maybe Jana is back there or there's a clock and he's anxiously waiting for those terrible vows to end.  ?

  • Haha 20
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/15/2021 at 4:51 AM, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20210714-194632.thumb.png.2f06c7cb9417c6722c1edc29bc1400e8.png

Just slightly less creepy than this:

  Hide contents

0dsp8htjqnq31.thumb.jpg.5a0204f3d39200752ce6ceec0b6322e8.jpg

 

Yikes.

That is all.

  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's amazing who you see when you look closely. I've just spotted Gabe Cleator and his wife also in the photo. Another golden boy in IBLP whose star seems to have outshone David Waller's

  • Upvote 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Did anyone else notice that Charissa Wissmann opens the door for Katey and her father to walk down the aisle?  Laura Demaise opens the other door which isn't a surprise since she coordinates almost all of the weddings.  I just noticed this and thought it was interesting.  (I am very very bored at work and re-watching the video to see if I see anything interesting).  This is what they pay me for right?  ?  I did see the Rebers too sitting in the back.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just saw some photos of Jed and Katey at the Discipleship Summit. They featured her wearing two different outfits, both loose fitting, one gathered at the shoulders like a Hawaiian muumuu...but in a jersey print. She's usually wearing things that are cinched at the waist somehow. It's a distinct style change, and I wouldn't think much of it if it was one outfit, but it's two in a row. I'm thinking it may be that time in Duggarland....Jed! the Headship could have a new constituent soon. 

 

 

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Kjaerringa said:

I just saw some photos of Jed and Katey at the Discipleship Summit. They featured her wearing two different outfits, both loose fitting, one gathered at the shoulders like a Hawaiian muumuu...but in a jersey print. She's usually wearing things that are cinched at the waist somehow. It's a distinct style change, and I wouldn't think much of it if it was one outfit, but it's two in a row. I'm thinking it may be that time in Duggarland....Jed! the Headship could have a new constituent soon. 

 

 

How do you know she's usually wearing things clinched at the bottom, they're aren't really a lot of pictures of her.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/5/2021 at 3:16 PM, finnlassie said:

Yup. Right. It's confirmed. My wedding (planning) fever has completely died after 13 years, sometimes to an absolutely unhealthy amount... this wedding absolutely over exhausted me on hearing about weddings & marriages altogether ? so there IS something I can thank the Duggars for... ???

I'm forever behind in threads, but I just had to ruminate on your comment, because lord, if thats not how I've felt for a handful of years now.  For reasons that would make this post too long, I wont go into it here, but I never had a wedding even though I was in a relationship where we planned on marriage.  And I always wanted to get married.  But anyway I'm middle aged now and it never happened.  I've come to terms with it.  (I never wanted kids, so at least thats not an issue) But over these past years I've also been involved with siblings and friends weddings.  And every time I was shocked at the amount of work even an "average" wedding takes.  Just exhausting.  And I'm not even addressing the $ aspect here, just the time and effort.  As I reflect on that, I'm like...man...even if I got engaged tomorrow, I don't even think I would want to do the "average" wedding anymore.  Frankly I'm just too tired.  Honestly, I would probably try and find the laziest way of tying the knot....can a judge do it over zoom now, haha.  Ugh.  Anyway, like Finnlassie said....since I made this realization, its actually made me feel less and less bad about not having one.

  • Upvote 7
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, raayx01 said:

How do you know she's usually wearing things clinched at the bottom, they're aren't really a lot of pictures of her.

There are a fair amount of photos of her, and she is often in a denim skirt, or one of those ditsy floral tiered skirt dresses with a tie belt, or some type of waistline. Obviously the most publicized photos were of her engagement in the winter coat, but she is featured in many photos of friends' instagrams. And I'm sure you meant cinched at the waist, because cinched at the bottom would either be a bubble dress or something else entirely, lol...

  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am so lazy that I only seriously cared about a few details. Wedding planning was a breeze for me because we only had 30 people. I wanted steak dinner for the guests, an open bar, and to enter down a staircase. The most work was making my bouquet of ribbon roses since I wanted to keep it. I forgot we had a unity candle to light so my husband and I had to run to the store and buy one that morning - surprise to the parents who didn't realize they were getting called up for it. We even forgot to plan on a recession so when the ceremony was done we just stood there looking at each other until I grabbed his hand and dragged him out with me. Everyone had a good laugh and it made for one of my favorite photos of the wedding 

What a fun day. I wish it had gone on longer but it flew by.

  • Upvote 5
  • Love 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I am so lazy that I only seriously cared about a few details. Wedding planning was a breeze for me because we only had 30 people. I wanted steak dinner for the guests, an open bar, and to enter down a staircase. The most work was making my bouquet of ribbon roses since I wanted to keep it. I forgot we had a unity candle to light so my husband and I had to run to the store and buy one that morning - surprise to the parents who didn't realize they were getting called up for it. We even forgot to plan on a recession so when the ceremony was done we just stood there looking at each other until I grabbed his hand and dragged him out with me. Everyone had a good laugh and it made for one of my favorite photos of the wedding 

What a fun day. I wish it had gone on longer but it flew by.

It sounds like a wonderful wedding! And I swear caring about only a few things makes it easier. Mine were the church I wanted to be married at, a white dress I could move in, and a good cake. After that (and taking into account my husband's few things he cared about), it was fine, because I wasn't bothered if something was "wrong" or didn't go as planned.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I told my best friend that if she wants to get married again, she should keep it as simple as possible. I was MOH for her first wedding and it was a big traditional wedding. It was stressful and a lot of work for her and I don’t think she enjoyed the day that much. She has a boyfriend and I hope she takes my advice if they get married. I don’t want to be a bridesmaid ever again. A wedding without a big wedding party is much simpler in my opinion. You don’t have to worry about tuxedos, bridesmaid dresses, bouquets, flower girls, ring bearers, girls getting their hair done, etc. It cuts out a lot of extra work and stress so you can relax more. 

  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2021 at 12:46 AM, The Mother Dust said:

I'm forever behind in threads, but I just had to ruminate on your comment, because lord, if thats not how I've felt for a handful of years now.  For reasons that would make this post too long, I wont go into it here, but I never had a wedding even though I was in a relationship where we planned on marriage.  And I always wanted to get married.  But anyway I'm middle aged now and it never happened.  I've come to terms with it.  (I never wanted kids, so at least thats not an issue) But over these past years I've also been involved with siblings and friends weddings.  And every time I was shocked at the amount of work even an "average" wedding takes.  Just exhausting.  And I'm not even addressing the $ aspect here, just the time and effort.  As I reflect on that, I'm like...man...even if I got engaged tomorrow, I don't even think I would want to do the "average" wedding anymore.  Frankly I'm just too tired.  Honestly, I would probably try and find the laziest way of tying the knot....can a judge do it over zoom now, haha.  Ugh.  Anyway, like Finnlassie said....since I made this realization, its actually made me feel less and less bad about not having one.

By the time I got married, I had directed, co-directed or assistant directed 14 high school theater productions. A wedding was a walk in the park by comparison. Everything people told me would be so stressful about it was easy. So I think it's actually all relative. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Per Carlin, Jed and Kathy were in Tennessee this week visiting. Also Jed was using the straw to blow paper balls at Layla at the table at the restaurant, whcih personally made me shudder. My kids are all under 10 and know not to do that. 

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CanadianMamam said:

Per Carlin, Jed and Kathy were in Tennessee this week visiting. Also Jed was using the straw to blow paper balls at Layla at the table at the restaurant, whcih personally made me shudder. My kids are all under 10 and know not to do that. 

And fucking covid ya grot!!!! Spitting everywhere. I was like wtf also. 

  • Upvote 11
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, CanadianMamam said:

Per Carlin, Jed and Kathy were in Tennessee this week visiting. Also Jed was using the straw to blow paper balls at Layla at the table at the restaurant, whcih personally made me shudder. My kids are all under 10 and know not to do that. 

And Jed wanted people to take him seriously in politics!? Delusional nincompoop. 

  • Upvote 13
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

I watched the first part of the video. She just took the test on September 1st and are announcing it publicly 4 days later. They actually beat Carlin Bates lmao, she has to be 2 seconds pregnant 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 12
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.