IGNORED

Jed and Katey 2: The Hidden Engagement?

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, Kayleigh83 said:

Saying she tested positive but not for COVID was so…. 🙄

Offensive to those who have lost loved ones to COVID-19 and/or had COVID-19. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 1

The whole staged kissing while holding signs NEVER leaves me with the impression that the couple is really comfortable or into each other.. it is just so contrived... so forced.  The race to the maternity ward is so strong with this crowd.  I applaud John and Abbie for taking longer.. and kudos to them and Lauren and Josiah for not racing to be part of the *cheaper by the dozen crowd* ( this all said with the mindset than their fertility is personal choice and in their control.  )

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, NoseyNellie said:

The whole staged kissing while holding signs NEVER leaves me with the impression that the couple is really comfortable or into each other.. it is just so contrived... so forced.  The race to the maternity ward is so strong with this crowd.  I applaud John and Abbie for taking longer.. and kudos to them and Lauren and Josiah for not racing to be part of the *cheaper by the dozen crowd* ( this all said with the mindset than their fertility is personal choice and in their control.  )

It reminds me of the British royal family and the assumption that they’ll pop out an heir the second the knot is tied. The Duggar reasons for instant reproduction are different, but the thought process is the same.

I’m not unhappy for Katey and Jed!  I’m sure this baby is very much wanted. Too bad they didn’t wait a bit longer, though. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I felt bad for Jed getting that half assed side hug with a few back pats from his mother. I guess Michelle is over the grandchildren thing now. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

I’m amazed at filming the video in the car while he’s driving, and his lack of attention to the road. Surely they could have driven home then filmed it?  Eyes on the road Jed!

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Karma said:

I’m amazed at filming the video in the car while he’s driving, and his lack of attention to the road. Surely they could have driven home then filmed it?  Eyes on the road Jed!

If I were john David or Abbey I'd be upset my kid was in the car. Katey didn't stop talking to attend to her either when she kept asking for something on the way home. Jed responded but she didn't!

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Irishy said:

I felt bad for Jed getting that half assed side hug with a few back pats from his mother. I guess Michelle is over the grandchildren thing now. 

It’s probably hard to get excited about something that happens about as often as the change of the seasons. Especially from the children she wasn’t close to in the first place. 

• Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

I assume by the fact he’s kept a public account Jed still has political ambitions. So the announcement is perfect - married, snark at Covid, trip to Walmart - all appeal to his base.

• Upvote 13

I have found a ton of pregnancy tests in the toilets at my work over the years, I currently work at Taco Bell and before that both at KFC and Celtic Park, I can see people taking a test at KFC and Taco Bell because we are right next to boots and superdrug and people may have bought them and wanted to test but at Celtic Park it always seemed random testing at a Football match, 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It’s probably hard to get excited about something that happens about as often as the change of the seasons. Especially from the children she wasn’t close to in the first place. 

Give Kelly minimal credit, she manages to write gushing instagram posts for each announcement. But then, she still had a show to promote and she also doesn't have a son awaiting trial, so maybe it's easier to out in a tiny sliver of effort lol

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

53 minutes ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I have found a ton of pregnancy tests in the toilets at my work over the years, I currently work at Taco Bell and before that both at KFC and Celtic Park, I can see people taking a test at KFC and Taco Bell because we are right next to boots and superdrug and people may have bought them and wanted to test but at Celtic Park it always seemed random testing at a Football match, 

Maybe they were planning on announcing it to their partner during the game? Now that's true dedication to the club...

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

8 hours ago, NoseyNellie said:

In the beginning? John and Abbie's child was born 14 months after they were married. This baby is due about 12 months after the wedding. I guess 2 months is longer, but too much longer.

• Upvote 5

I thought the taking-the-test-at-Walmart story was super weird, but I know it happens all the time lol. Their church is 30-45min from where they live though I think, so I guess both of them just needed a potty-break? Honestly like a third of that video was talking about the Walmart bathroom lol, weird. 

Other than that, the inevitable announcement in fundieland. Glad they're happy about it, I guess. Unfortunate, overall.

Edited by ihaveanexamintwodays
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Am I the only person that would have waited to get home to do a pregs test? Long before Covid, I didn't like going in public restrooms unless it was an emergency...and that wasn't often. Someone metioned the possibility of Jed venturing more into politics. We will see if his big bro ruined it for him🤔

Edited by Tangy Bee
  • Upvote 13

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

In the beginning? John and Abbie's child was born 14 months after they were married. This baby is due about 12 months after the wedding. I guess 2 months is longer, but too much longer.

WOW!  It is pretty sad that it was that close and FELT like it was so much longer!  lolol

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

Did John and Abbie announce later? That could be why.

According to DuggarData, Abbie was around 19 weeks when she announced. So quite a bit later than Jed and Katey. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

Abbie was very sick wasn’t she? She probably didn’t feel up to doing the announcement especially as it has to involve a trip to the aerodrome- JD is a pilot you know.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

5 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Abbie was very sick wasn’t she? She probably didn’t feel up to doing the announcement especially as it has to involve a trip to the aerodrome- JD is a pilot you know.

Plus Grandma Mary had died and Joy had lost Annabell in that first trimester. Don't blame them for waiting a bit. 

• Upvote 11

Abbie announced before Joy lost Annabell though. She was the surprise at the photo shoot, wasn't she? Joy was still pregnant then.

• Upvote 10

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

Is he really? Who knew?!?😂

• Haha 7

44 minutes ago, SeekingAdventure said:

Abbie announced before Joy lost Annabell though. She was the surprise at the photo shoot, wasn't she? Joy was still pregnant then.

The photoshoot was between Ivy's birth on May 26 and Grandma Mary's death on June 9, so Abbie announced to family before Joy lost Annabell in late June, but didn't announce publicly until August 1. If she was around 19 weeks on August 1, she would've been around 14 weeks when Joy lost Annabell. So it's definitely possible that they were planning to announce around the more typical 14/15/16 weeks but waited so as not to look insensitive to Joy, even though Joy had known Abbie was pregnant for a while. Or they waited until Abbie was feeling better, or until they could get a magazine exclusive, or they just wanted to wait. 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic