IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

Coconut Flan

Today in Gwod Speaks we learn that  Cross-centered self-denial is mere Christianity—the essence of True Religion

and for once I do believe that Gwen is sincere. I am convinced that in her heart of hearts she indeed believes that she's doing God and the whole of humanity an incredible divine sacrifice when she doesn't finish her cheeseburger.

• Upvote 6

14 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Elizabeth posted an Instagram pic of her and her two oldest girls in Key largo. Is Gwen against sunscreen? Because her girls are quite sun burned. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210409-224543_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ef073ee7ef520bf5846593dcf9edc3db.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-224610_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f0902df4dc09bb16fc00a6cacdf93867.jpg

I think sometimes burns happen if you are in a pool (reflection) and forget to reapply. Or some teens don't listen to parents.  I didn't think they looked too bad. 

• Upvote 5

31 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:
  Hide contents

Screenshot_20210409-224543_Instagram.thumb.jpg.ef073ee7ef520bf5846593dcf9edc3db.jpg

Screenshot_20210409-224610_Instagram.thumb.jpg.f0902df4dc09bb16fc00a6cacdf93867.jpg

I think sometimes burns happen if you are in a pool (reflection) and forget to reapply. Or some teens don't listen to parents.  I didn't think they looked too bad. 

Her second oldest is so fair. She’s the one who looks the Reddest. My husband is fair has had so many cancerous and precancerous spots cut off his skin that he has scars all over his body. Including his face. I’m weird about sunscreen for fair skin folks because of it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

15 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I'm crazy ocd about sunblock, setting alarms to reapply, researching the best protection, etc... And every year at some point my girls get burned. I really do try, but it happens. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

22 hours ago, ElleHouston said:

Why is Michelle wearing a sweater in Flori.... never mind ??‍♀️ 

I am allergic to the sun. I wear long sleeves and pants all summer in the sun (yes it sucks as much as it sounds). BUUUUTTT I'm never in a sweater (unless it is actually cold). Ever. 

ElleHouston, I had the same thought as you when I saw her in a sweater.

• Upvote 7

Today in Gwod Good, Science Bad, we learn that Gwen is in love with being skinny and wonder why she "SETS" the word "SETS" in "SCARE QUOTES":

From Pro Ana Instagram: The thinner you get the more you glorify God.

Screenshot_20210412-185341__01.thumb.jpg.d238620cd1ecd0f74e52ee129feb8a8f.jpg

Of course there is some food that is pretty bad or mediocre to begin with so saying God is better could be damning God with faint praise. 

She really needs to put a disclaimer somewhere because if every lost pound is a more powerful testimony for God the emaciation will never end until someone is dead.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

On 4/11/2021 at 11:44 AM, ElleHouston said:

Why is Michelle wearing a sweater in Flori.... never mind ??‍♀️ 

I feel bad for her, she looks so incredibly skeletal. (Not gonna lie, either - her face in those pics reminds me of Jim Carrey in The Mask. 

38 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

She really needs to put a disclaimer somewhere because if every lost pound is a more powerful testimony for God the emaciation will never end until someone is dead.

I am absolutely amazed that nobody has starved to death yet. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

On 4/8/2021 at 4:27 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Wow this is crazy ! This is so problematic watching this in 2021. I can hardly believe they put garbage like this on TV. It’s like everyone used to pretend ED didn’t exist! 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

Daily Dumb: Food is the food of all evil and The one in which Gwen smells tobacco and sees food pictures with her ears

Either Gwen is weirdly obsessed about everything being "fun" or she is losing her vocabulary.  I don't consider either losing weight or eating to be "fun". Eating may be necessary or unavoidable or enjoyable or a great pleasure,  and losing weight might be good for me or make me happy if I reach my goal. The company or the book I read while eating may be fun.

Screenshot_20210414-210533__01.thumb.jpg.f50f71b2be60140d5441a35297e8060e.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

14 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Daily Dumb: Food is the food of all evil and The one in which Gwen smells tobacco and sees food pictures with her ears

Either Gwen is weirdly obsessed about everything being "fun" or she is losing her vocabulary.  I don't consider either losing weight or eating to be "fun". Eating may be necessary or unavoidable or enjoyable or a great pleasure,  and losing weight might be good for me or make me happy if I reach my goal. The company or the book I read while eating may be fun.

Screenshot_20210414-210533__01.thumb.jpg.f50f71b2be60140d5441a35297e8060e.jpg

I don't know why, but this reminds me of a few years ago when our younger (teens to mid 20s) friends and family had to tag every instagram post with something like "I just love this RF life!!!!!!!!!" Or talk about how "fun" it was too be under authority.

It felt like they had to portray everything as fun, which just felt so fake and weird.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

"Fun" church or the "I love this <insert church> life" (as @Blue mentions) seems to be a common theme for many evangelical and/or prosperity gospel churches. The services are FUN! and LIVELY! and so SPECTACULAR! (words I have seen used by people on my feeds, and yes all caps or many !!!) To me it seems this type of church going experience - being entertained and constant love bombed is what people want. They have mud puddle christianity. Don't look too deep, just surface level beliefs. 

I agree with Blue, the portrayal of everything is fun and awesome is very fake and weird. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

In the Annals of Pro Ana for Adults, you are never gonna lose ALL your weight for any healthy, rational reason. The only reason for  you to  starve yourself to death is to please a needy heavenly god bloke who is BEGGING you to not to eat, because that's how he knows you love and fear him. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20210418-133930__01.thumb.jpg.1555be98b319487c826da23f835ca4aa.jpg

Notice the assumption that it's not possible to plateau on a good weight that you don't need to lose any more. If you're not constantly losing  more and more it's because you're a greedy pig.Screenshot_20210418-134821__01.thumb.jpg.855730200aaf48ea730ec5912fab3523.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 5

Out of curiosity I went to see if Remnant had posted pictures from their Passover weekend and how they were handling covid precautions since that is one of the biggest events each year....not a mask in sight from what I could tell. There are a bunch more posted on the church’s public Facebook page. I keep telling myself that if I was still in Remnant during covid, I would wear a mask or it would be what woke me up from the brainwashing...

2CA898D1-3E17-4F32-A27A-7573D8A115B4.png

5200910B-62C8-452A-948F-8E506644B5E4.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

Gwen, if you wake up and you haven't thought about food for hours it's called SLEEPING.

Spoiler

There is Hope!

April 19, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

If you are tempted to go back to food, ask Him, “O God, can You do better than a food binge, an alcohol binge, a shopping spree, a gambling spree, etc.? Can You do better than these relationships I have had?” Within minutes, watch Him answer that prayer! He will come in with ways of escape and jewels that are far better! He is better than that false friend called food! This is the motivation. You will see that He is the Genius; He is beyond brilliant; He is beyond personal. There is a relationship with God and an adoration of Jesus Christ, His Son, and it is real, and it is far better being in tune with the Creator who has more capital, more power, and better perks than anything else out there! Redirect your want for food over to a want for God and this new life.

THERE IS HOPE! Remember, whatever your main focus is— that is what your heart falls in love with. Christ said that if we loved him, we would obey him. We love what we obey; we obey what we love. Christ loved and obeyed God! You CAN change your focus to God, to Jesus Christ, to His Kingdom, to His church, to the needs of the Saints. Notice that none of the focus is on yourself but on God and others. This is so important to God that He uses this to miraculously and inexplicably transform you into a whole new creation. You wake up one day and notice you have not thought about the food for hours but you are praying all the time. It is called The Transfer.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 5

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gwen, if you wake up and you haven't thought about food for hours it's called SLEEPING.

Hide contents

There is Hope!

April 19, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

If you are tempted to go back to food, ask Him, “O God, can You do better than a food binge, an alcohol binge, a shopping spree, a gambling spree, etc.? Can You do better than these relationships I have had?” Within minutes, watch Him answer that prayer! He will come in with ways of escape and jewels that are far better! He is better than that false friend called food! This is the motivation. You will see that He is the Genius; He is beyond brilliant; He is beyond personal. There is a relationship with God and an adoration of Jesus Christ, His Son, and it is real, and it is far better being in tune with the Creator who has more capital, more power, and better perks than anything else out there! Redirect your want for food over to a want for God and this new life.

THERE IS HOPE! Remember, whatever your main focus is— that is what your heart falls in love with. Christ said that if we loved him, we would obey him. We love what we obey; we obey what we love. Christ loved and obeyed God! You CAN change your focus to God, to Jesus Christ, to His Kingdom, to His church, to the needs of the Saints. Notice that none of the focus is on yourself but on God and others. This is so important to God that He uses this to miraculously and inexplicably transform you into a whole new creation. You wake up one day and notice you have not thought about the food for hours but you are praying all the time. It is called The Transfer.

It bothers me, probably to a ridiculous extent, that she capitalized "The Transfer."

• Upvote 7

It's capitalized to denote a Religious Concept  That She Made Up.

It doesn't appear to be biblical, anyway. I looked it up in BibleGateway, and the word transfer appears once in the KJV, twice in New King James Version and four times in the New International Version. None of the passages have anything to do with the lack of food thoughts.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

5 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

It's capitalized to denote a Religious Concept  That She Made Up.

It doesn't appear to be biblical, anyway. I looked it up in BibleGateway, and the word transfer appears once in the KJV, twice in New King James Version and four times in the New International Version. None of the passages have anything to do with the lack of food thoughts.

I mean, there are lots of times where we can use more contemporary language to describe something that's Biblical (the trinity being the most common one I'm sure), but either way, the idea of transferring your desire to eat (a normal necessity) to desire to God seems ridiculous... That's like saying I'm going to transfer my need for water to God... If I do that I'll be meeting him pretty soon. She is very confused between gluttony and, you know, regular eating in moderation.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

5 minutes ago, Blue said:

I mean, there are lots of times where we can use more contemporary language to describe something that's Biblical (the trinity being the most common one I'm sure), but either way, the idea of transferring your desire to eat (a normal necessity) to desire to God seems ridiculous... That's like saying I'm going to transfer my need for water to God... If I do that I'll be meeting him pretty soon. She is very confused between gluttony and, you know, regular eating in moderation.

This is sooooo true. When you are sucked in and brainwashed, it is so hard to differentiate between hunger and “sinful eating”. It’s a terrible cycle and becomes it’s own form of self-inflicted torture with each bite. The mental thought of was that bite “god honoring” or “sinful”. It’s not like you can avoid eating even though many do to be err on the side of I’m not sure if that was a growl, so I’ll just wait for the next one...No wonder I have issues with food and have had to work on how I view food after escaping Remnant ?

Edited by RFsurvivor
Missing word
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 6
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

He is better than that false friend called food!

Is she getting more blatant or am I just reading the whole thing properly this time?

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

None of the passages have anything to do with the lack of food thoughts

I cannot imagine why the Bible, written over a long period of time during which famine was an ever-present possibility and fear, would focus on being grateful for not having thought about food even though you are hungry. Now I'm curious as to how often "starving" is mentioned in the Bible, and in what contexts.  

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

This is sooooo true. When you are sucked in and brainwashed, it is so hard to differentiate between hunger and “sinful eating”. It’s a terrible cycle and becomes it’s own form of self-inflicted torture with each bite. The mental thought of was that bite “god honoring” or “sinful”. It’s not like you can avoid eating even though many do to be err on the side of I’m not sure if that was a growl, so I’ll just wait for the next one...No wonder I have issues with food and have had to work on how I view food after escaping Remnant ?

I honestly can't imagine what you go through as a survivor, and it has to take amazing courage to leave and acknowledge it all. I don't see how anyone who TRULY believes what she says could end up without a distorted relationship with food. We do have some having that we don't think are all in, but for those that are all in it seems like the very thought of a meal raises their blood pressure, despite attempts to hide that.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Today in Daily Fail, we learn more about logical fallacies. Gwen has noticed that hanging upside down doesn't help to cure anything, conveniently forgetting that nobody claims that hanging upside down cures anything,  and assumes that this proves that absolutely nothing in modern medicine ever works,  and  because absolutely nothing in modern medicine ever works it proves that joining Gwen's cult cures everything.

This whole argument of hers makes about as much sense as noticing that  newborn rodents are useless helicopter pilots and using this fact  to prove that nobody can pilot a helicopter except Joe in a leather jacket.

Spoiler

Man-Made Rules Do Not Work

April 20, 2021

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

Comments are off

There are many reading this post whose dependency or unwanted habit is a substance other than food. If you will notice, somehow, someway, the dark lord of this world has worked in man-made regulations for cures in every generation that range from bloodletting using leeches to inversion therapy—hanging upside down. Man has had many a godless remedy for centuries. They will never stop…a patch on the arm for nicotine, rehab units for alcoholics and anorexics, support groups, acupuncture, hypnosis, medications, replacing your stronghold with another one, etc. In WeighDown, we spend the bulk of our time on diet rules that do not work because it is an easy analogy, but it can be easily extrapolated for any condition. Just identify your indulgence and the man-made rules you have tried in the past to stop, and then read the following.

You have tried diets all your life, and they have not worked. What does this tell you? In fact, you are anything but free from the desire to eat tonight, and this is from years of dieting. Indeed, had you never dieted, I wonder if you would still have this issue with food. Why are diets so bad? Man-made diet rules are the number one prescribed remedy for obesity for the last 50 to 60 years. Yet, diets have cost us much—billions each year—and have only exacerbated the problem of overeating in this country more than any protocol ever advised—indeed, this country is now at 70 percent overweight or obese. The community is starting to recognize that diets do not work, but they do not have an answer. Baffled, the scientists call it an epidemic. A malady is called an epidemic when it is a widespread problem with no solution. Though the scientific world cannot see the answer, there is an explanation and a solution when you humble yourself and turn to the Master Mind who masterminded our complex bodies.

• Haha 1
  • Thank You 5

14 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today in Daily Fail, we learn more about logical fallacies. Gwen has noticed that hanging upside down doesn't help to cure anything, conveniently forgetting that nobody claims that hanging upside down cures anything,  and assumes that this proves that absolutely nothing in modern medicine ever works,  and  because absolutely nothing in modern medicine ever works it proves that joining Gwen's cult cures everything.

This whole argument of hers makes about as much sense as noticing that  newborn rodents are useless helicopter pilots and using this fact  to prove that nobody can pilot a helicopter except Joe in a leather jacket.

Hide contents

Yet, diets have cost us much—billions each year—and have only exacerbated the problem of overeating in this country more than any protocol ever advised—indeed, this country is now at 70 percent overweight or obese. The community is starting to recognize that diets do not work, but they do not have an answer. Baffled, the scientists call it an epidemic. A malady is called an epidemic when it is a widespread problem with no solution. Though the scientific world cannot see the answer, there is an explanation and a solution when you humble yourself and turn to the Master Mind who masterminded our complex bodies.

As usual with Gwen, there's so much wrong that one hardly knows where to start.  You're right, she's throwing out all cures because one isn't correct.  Also, we have a problem with obesity now because work is more efficient, we get less natural exercise, our foods are processed and full of sugars, and life is stressful and we tend to turn to food.  

An epidemic isn't a widespread problem with no solution.  It's a widespread disease, period.  A malady isn't called an epidemic if there's no solution.  A malady is a disease or ailment.  Good grief, Gwen.  You can't just twist language to suit your purpose.  

And what happened to "Life with Gwen and Joe"?  There have been no new videos for 5 months now.  Doesn't Joe want to perform anymore?  Is Gwen's facelift failing?  Can Gwen no longer sit on the chair even with a cushion?  Did Gwen's tortured hair finally throw in the towel and crawl off her head?

For those current RF staffers who peruse the internet to check on any negative posts about Gwen:  If there's no new content, I'm going to have to drag out that ridiculous wedding video and make fun of it again.  Just sayin'...

• Haha 9
  • Thank You 1

• hoipolloi changed the title to Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash
  • Destiny locked this topic