IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 15: [29 May 2021] Gwen, Joe & 5 Others Presumed Dead in Plane Crash

Coconut Flan

I imagine they had  plans for Gwen's natural death but probably couldn't imagine that so many church leaders would perish in a single accident.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I imagine they had  plans for Gwen's natural death but probably couldn't imagine that so many church leaders would perish in a single accident.

I agree. I doubt anyone planned for something like this. I think that much more attention is suddenly on RF right now. I think they will go quiet for a little bit while they make their plans and wait for a lot of the public interest to die down. And then after some time has passed and they have a plan, they will come back into public and try to go back to “normal.” But right now, I doubt we will hear much of anything from RF. Unless it’s just a short public statement crafted by PR.

• Upvote 16

FWIW, USA Today is identifying Mr. Lara as an actor and possibly mentioning his Tarzan role. Can’t figure out how to share the link. 

Thankful the plane landed in water and not on any of the numerous homes nearby. If that was part of the piloting decision, kudos.  If it wasn’t, still thankful. 

• Upvote 20

It sounds like Joe's voice in this clip.

I've often wondered what would happen if Gwen died. I would never have wished anything like this on her, and like many stated, my heart hurts for all of the family (and the church members) impacted by this horrible tragedy. 

Edited by freefromthin
  • Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 13

3 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

It sounds like Joe's voice in this clip.

I've often wondered what would happen if Gwen died. I would never have wished anything like this on her, and like many stated, my heart hurts for all of the family *and the church members) impacted by this horrible tragedy. 

Thank you for the link to the youtube clip. That was chilling as Smyrna and Nashville ATC both tried to contact N66BK.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

An ex-RF member is telling me all the behind the scenes issues behind the deaths and I’m not sure I believe all this. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, FiveAcres said:

Thank you for the link to the youtube clip. That was chilling as Smyrna and Nashville ATC both tried to contact N66BK.

You're welcome. Yes, it was.

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

So the elapsed time between takeoff and trouble was less than 4 minutes? Couldn’t make out the graphic before it faded. 

• Upvote 5

9 minutes ago, ElleHouston said:

An ex-RF member is telling me all the behind the scenes issues behind the deaths and I’m not sure I believe all this. 

Is there anything you feel comfortable sharing? I’m genuinely curious how RF is handling all of this. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

2 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

So the elapsed time between takeoff and trouble was less than 4 minutes? Couldn’t make out the graphic before it faded. 

Here is some additional information about the crash. 

https://aviation-safety.net/photo/11204/Cessna-501-Citation-I-N66BK

According to this site (tentative, and no idea about the site's veracity)

A Cessna 501 Citation I/SP crashed into Percy Priest Lake, shortly after takeoff from Smyrna Airport, Tennessee (MQY).
The aircraft took off from runway 32 at 10:53 and commenced a climbing right hand turn. After reaching 2900 feet the aircraft descended to about 1800 feet before climbing again to 3000 feet. The aircraft then began a rapid descent and impacted the water of Percy Priest Lake.

Weather at the time of the accident included a 1300 feet overcast.

So, if I am reading this correctly, the pilot would have been in cloud cover at 2900, dropped 1100 feet, but still in cloud cover then climbed back to 3000 before making a rapid and terminal descent. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

9 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

It looks like it was just taking off at 10:53:01, and the last sign of the plane was at 10:55:04.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1

4 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

It looks like it was just taking off at 10:53:01, and the last sign of the plane was at 10:55:04.

Wo-oww.... :sad:

• I Agree 1

This is terrible and sad: 8 young children have lost 1 or both parents in this crash. I really did not expect the Gwen Shamblin Lara story to end like this. +1 who thought it would be her heart first. I'm also very curious how RF will adjust and change due to her absence in the next few years. Will there be a power struggle and different factions? How many members will "wake up" and leave the group? I'll definitely be watching.

Going back a bit:

On 4/25/2021 at 2:10 PM, smittykins said:

I don’t know about plastic sweat suits, but does anyone remember the “Slim Suit”?

My older cousin had one of these back in the 80s, but I didn't know what it was called or that it was from a TV infomercial-type thing. She said it was for losing weight, but I thought it was a cool space suit! When I was 7 or 8 and she was 19 or 20, she'd take me to this local park that had a track with a children's playground in the middle, and I'd play on the rusty monkey bars and hot metal slide while she ran laps in her space suit. Good times.?

• Upvote 6

I thought I read once, that if a plane is having problems, it will likely crash or have to emergency land soon after take off. It makes sense. If there’s a mechanical problem, I doubt many problems would wait until an hour into the flight to cause flight issues. But I’m no plane expert. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

I am a fan of listening to ATC audio, and have watched a ton of air investigation type stuff - I’m by no means an expert about any of this stuff. But, Joe sounded experienced and professional in that audio and from the looks of the flight path it looks like he might have managed to deliberately get it over water to avoid any risk to people on the ground once it was going down. If so kudos to him. 

There are a million possible things that could have caused the accident and most air crashes seem to be a combination of factors. I’ll be interested to see what the NTSB report says once the investigation is complete. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

Does anyone know how much of Gwen's property was hers specifically and how much was tied to the church for tax reasons?

• Upvote 1

I’ve taken screenshots but don’t know how to save a post on the RF Facebook over here. A theologian identified as Dwayna Litz has posted her history with RF and Mrs. Lara in the RF FB page and it is a wonderfully concise and complete description of Mrs. Lara’s heretical teachings. Don’t know how long the RF webmaintainers will let it stand. 

I’ll be happy to PM the images to whoever wants to post or save them. 

Bless those children. ❤️ 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

8 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

I’ve taken screenshots but don’t know how to save a post on the RF Facebook over here. A theologian identified as Dwayna Litz has posted her history with RF and Mrs. Lara in the RF FB page and it is a wonderfully concise and complete description of Mrs. Lara’s heretical teachings. Don’t know how long the RF webmaintainers will let it stand. 

Bless those children. ❤️ 

You’d post them the same way you’d PM them, buy using the attach files link on the posting window. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

7 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Bless those children. ❤️ 

I know nothing about that woman, but I think it says a great deal about her that she thinks Gwen teaching salvation through work is worse than child abuse. Child abuse(didn’t a child die?) and encouraging eating disorders  are way worse than her teachings on salvation and the trinity. 
I didn’t see her post on the RF page but she has it public on her personal page. 

• Upvote 6

Here’s another YouTube video of the ATC audio with subtitles - and in the comments some pilots and atc are saying the “alarm” in the last transmission wasn’t necessarily an alarm but may have been audio interference common to that type of plane’s engines. 

If I had to take a wild guess, I’d suspect some sort of stall based on elevation changes and such. My understanding is the way to get out of an aerodynamic stall is to get the nose down and the speed up to increase lift, and they didn’t have much elevation to work with. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 7

17 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Here’s another YouTube video of the ATC audio with subtitles - and in the comments some pilots and atc are saying the “alarm” in the last transmission wasn’t necessarily an alarm but may have been audio interference common to that type of plane’s engines. 

If I had to take a wild guess, I’d suspect some sort of stall based on elevation changes and such. My understanding is the way to get out of an aerodynamic stall is to get the nose down and the speed up to increase lift, and they didn’t have much elevation to work with. 

The graphic of the plane movement combined with the audio really makes it clear how little time Joe had to attempt to save the plane. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1

I can’t listen to the audio. I’m afraid it will make me afraid to get into another airplane. I only do large commercial flights as it is. But I still hate flying period. I don’t want to make it any worse. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 12

I'm wandering around the Remnant wedding website looking at pretty dresses. What the heck are they doing having Chuppahs in their weddings though? Do they have fake Jew tendencies I didn't know about? I know very little of their theology other than the 'don't eat or you will be fat and god will hate you'.

ETA: I know arches aren't uncommon in non-Jewish weddings, in fact I think the place I got married might have had one that I didn't decorate or anything but was just there in case people wanted to put flowers on it, but the only group I've ever heard call them chuppahs is Jews. 

Edited by Destiny
more words
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ElleHouston said:

I heard something weird too.  I heard "constitutionalist" used as a descriptor for Gwen, and that she recently preached about religious freedom.  Maybe they have a conspiracy theory brewing.  They use the Signal app to communicate among themselves.

3 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'm wandering around the Remnant wedding website looking at pretty dresses. What the heck are they doing having Chuppahs in their weddings though? Do they have fake Jew tendencies I didn't know about? I know very little of their theology other than the 'don't eat or you will be fat and god will hate you'.

Absolutely.  Not just the weddings.  Feast days.  Saturday sabbath keeping.  Etc.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, WeirdHarold said:

Absolutely.  Not just the weddings.  Feast days.  Saturday sabbath keeping.  Etc.

Ooh, point. I did know about the Sabbath keeping now that I think of it. I did not know about the feast days. Ew. 

• Upvote 1

• Destiny locked this topic