IGNORED

Meghan and Harry 5: Oprah, Racism, and Gossip! Oh My!

nelliebelle1197

Royals don’t carry money and I suspect  Harry has had little or no concept of spending wisely, saving for a rainy day or putting off buying what he wants simply because it was never an issue. Much less how hard it is to earn, how hard the normal person works and how to just earn.

Whereas a normal person splurge on maybe a fancy dinner at a steak house and a trip to the mall Harry might go to the most expensive A list steak place and buy dinner and drinks for all his friends and then go buy an expensive diamond necklace for Meghan and then the checks come and the bills come and he is shocked and confused. Just never thought about stopping. 

Meghan has never had anything on this level either and it does not seem like she is the wiser head here. 

What’s ironic is that a few years ago no one blamed Meghan for not talking to her dad or taking his calls because it was obvious he would just blab to the press...

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

42 minutes ago, samurai_sarah said:

I would call that outrageous. They have their personal fortunes that can cover things. Previously, the UK taxpayers paid for quite a bit, while they were in the UK.

It was their choice to decamp, so they can foot the bloody bill!

They didn’t set up the GoFundMe, it was some crazy fan.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

They didn’t set up the GoFundMe, it was some crazy fan.

Thank you for setting me right!

• Upvote 3

I do not for a minute believe the Firm does orchestrate tabloid attacks against Meghan...that is paranoia talking on her end. A palace aide blabbing to the press, sure, has happened for decades, most likely centuries. And in most cases the "leaks" contain at least some truth.

There have been so many allegations against Meghan with throwing a teapot at an aide, throwing a fit because of the tiara, the incident with Kate (whoever made who cry....I can imagine Kate got upset and Meghan cried...who knows), the alleged incident where Kate berated her for mistreating Kates staff, the fact they could not retain staff to save their lives....this to me paints a picture...and not one of "the palace aides are all racist" but more along the lines of "Meghan might be a bit difficult to deal with". Why has there never been anything negative like that about Kate (and come on, it is NOT because of racism, give me a break, that might be the issue of the tabloids, but does not pertain to reports about Meghans behaviour)

If a palace aid leaked the letter to her father to the press he/she is a massive a-hole, for sure. But all the rest cannot easily be explained away.

But Meghan acknowledged the incident with Kate DID happen in some way or other. So I am now inclined to believe that the other incidents took place in some form or way as well. Her behaviour at Eugenies wedding did not help her case with the tiara issue for example. And for them to turn around and IMMEDIATELY feed private information about phone calls with C and W to the press, is so icky... and makes me believe Meghan does not care one bit about reconciliation (Harry might not either, or he is just not that bright, honestly) but only about looking good and like the victim in the press.

To me personally it confirms the belief, that Meghan somehow thought she would come in, modernize the monarchy (like Diana 2.0) be revered by all and could do as she wanted and live a fairytale princess life. Funnily enough William and Kate might do that one day. With hard, consistent work, tiny steps and by earning their stripes first. That's how you drive change, not by showing up and throwing everything over but by consistently chipping away at it and proving yourself. Might not be as glamourous, instantly rewarding or comfortable though *shrug*

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

Harry is really not the brightest corgi to begin in the Queens litters plus he has emotional issues plus he is spoiled. That’s a prime situation to be taken advantage of by people with agendas. 

This is fascinating to watch. We were supposed to go to London in September to Buckingham palace, Highclere castle the rounds and it all got cancelled. Megan is an American who is not used to the British stiff upper lip and all that, keep your feelings to yourself. My mother is English and can be a cold fish at times but full of love. As fundy watchers we can spot when something is off and Megan gives off those vibes. I watched the Behavior Panel on youtube, 4 experts on body language, and it was very interesting. Megan is not telling the truth. The story about Kate, she had just given birth to Louis and apparently the dress was too small or something, maybe Kate didn't cry in front of her but I bet she did later. And to embarrass Harry's family in the world spotlight is so narcissistic to be unimaginable. She has him right where she wanted him. She discards people and he will be next at some point. Look at the mansion they bought. She said she had to give up everything, what was that, a very small role in a small show. She was going to London much of the time to meet a royal, to meet a prince. She wanted to be there. He is the one who has given up everything he knows! Everything, for the love of a narcissist who we all know will never be satisfied, will always need more drama. Oprah!! Gail!! Megan is in heaven right now but his family is suffering. It is ALL about her. It has nothing to do with her skin color. They didn't even have the same story during the interview about it. She embellished and he went along to save face. Very sad story. 

Edited by Grandma D
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I just feel bad for Archie and his unborn sister. Crazy making parents with various emotional and entitlement issues between them who are purposefully alienating the family they should have had Rarely make for happy home lives.  Whatever else you feel about Charles if you see photos of him and the Cambridge children together you can see his face just light up with Joy and the growing up playing with cousins and second cousins are things they won’t have now.  

4 hours ago, Babsi said:

"Meghan might be a bit difficult to deal with"

If that is true, why is this is the first we're hearing about it? Meghan has worked on plenty of TV sets in her career, and this would be the perfect opportunity for people to come out of the woodwork and talk about how horrible she treated them in her rise to fame. Except... nobody is doing that. In fact, they're doing the opposite. Everyone that's worked with her from co-stars to set workers to volunteers are talking about kind and caring Meghan was, how she treated them like an equal no matter their position/pay, and that was long before Meghan had an *agenda*. 

1 hour ago, Grandma D said:

As fundy watchers we can spot when something is off and Megan gives off those vibes. I watched the Behavior Panel on youtube, 4 experts on body language, and it was very interesting. Megan is not telling the truth.

The story about Kate, she had just given birth to Louis and apparently the dress was too small or something, maybe Kate didn't cry in front of her but I bet she did later.

LOLLLLLLL you lost me here the minute you think body language experts is enough to determine if someone is lying. 

And the whole Kate thing wasn't about a dress for Kate, it was about Charlotte's bridesmaid dress. 

• Upvote 11

15 minutes ago, viii said:

If that is true, why is this is the first we're hearing about it? Meghan has worked on plenty of TV sets in her career, and this would be the perfect opportunity for people to come out of the woodwork and talk about how horrible she treated them in her rise to fame. Except... nobody is doing that. In fact, they're doing the opposite. Everyone that's worked with her from co-stars to set workers to volunteers are talking about kind and caring Meghan was, how she treated them like an equal no matter their position/pay, and that was long before Meghan had an *agenda*. 

LOLLLLLLL you lost me here the minute you think body language experts is enough to determine if someone is lying. 

And the whole Kate thing wasn't about a dress for Kate, it was about Charlotte's bridesmaid dress. 

Body language says a lot and someone also did a language analysis of the words and phrases she used and came to the same conclusion. These are experts in their field. But I don't need an expert to have the opinion that she is an opportunist. And I did mean the dress for Charlotte. That was when the situation happened. Kate had just given birth but had to help Megan who I don't think likes when things don't go her way. We each have our opinions. 

• Upvote 2

We do all have our opinions, and we have a right to them, no matter how daft they might be. @tabitha2 must be thrilled you've appeared in this thread. 

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 6

Who made who cry again? 

Kate was a month after giving birth having to wear heels and be the perfect Royal consort before all the family and press plus wrangle and prepare her excited small children with only maybe a nanny...Meghan may have just said something innocuous or well meaning and she still might have started to cry. 

If she popped off and made Meghan cry... second verse same as the first and Meghan should be more empathetic and understanding. 

• I Agree 1

5 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

he has emotional issues plus he is spoiled. 

To which member of the BRF, from William I through today, does this not apply?  I'm sure some are more well adjusted than others, but you're very naïve if you think growing up in that family under that kind of scrutiny doesn't lead to emotional issues.  And I'm not even going to touch spoiled.

Besides -  everyone has emotional issues.  Kind of comes as a package deal with our humanity.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

10 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Who made who cry again? 

Kate was a month after giving birth having to wear heels and be the perfect Royal consort before all the family and press plus wrangle and prepare her excited small children with only maybe a nanny...Meghan may have just said something innocuous or well meaning and she still might have started to cry. 

If she popped off and made Meghan cry... second verse same as the first and Meghan should be more empathetic and understanding. 

Add in the factor that Meghan was trying to organize a wedding that the entire world would be watching, her stress levels were probably out the roof. The whole thing was a recipe for disaster. Weddings can really elevate family tension for the regular joe blow, I can only imagine how it felt for the entire royal family the week before the wedding. 

• Upvote 10

5 minutes ago, viii said:

Add in the factor that Meghan was trying to organize a wedding that the entire world would be watching, her stress levels were probably out the roof. The whole thing was a recipe for disaster. Weddings can really elevate family tension for the regular joe blow, I can only imagine how it felt for the entire royal family the week before the wedding. 

Honestly, if someone crying in a bridal party over some small issue was news we'd need a million 24 hour news networks for coverage.  

They are still people, affected by stress and post-partum hormones, etc.  Honestly, no one was beheaded so I'm not sure why this is such a major story no matter who cried over what.  

At our mom's funeral I took something one of my sisters said wrong and snapped at her.  We both cried, I apologized, and it was over in 15 minutes.  If we were royalty people would still be talking about it as if we were Bloody Mary and Queen Bess.  

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

Not to mention Meghan had the whole ordeal with her father and half-sister going on. I'm sure there was plenty of crying for everyone involved. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

Respectfully it was a senior Royal wedding and already planned out meticulously by Both Meghan, Harry and an army of officials and professionals long before. Even given that last minute things do happen No way Meghan  should have been stressed to the point of tears. 

• Downvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Grandma D said:

Megan redesigned her engagement ring that harry lovingly had designed for her. Who does that?

Umm... lots of people? If it's something that you're going to wear for the rest of your life, then you want it to be something you like. It's brave when men design or pick out rings without any input. If you do that, then you need to resign yourself to the fact that there might be adjustments. A woman deserves to wear a ring she loves, no matter who she is. 

3 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Respectfully it was a senior Royal wedding and already planned out meticulously by Both Meghan, Harry and an army of officials and professionals long before. Even given that last minute things do happen No way Meghan  should have been stressed to the point of tears. 

You really are heartless when it comes to Meghan, aren't you? It doesn't matter how many people were helping plan the wedding - Meghan was still planning a wedding that millions of people were going to be watching. She was giving up her life and moving to a new country and joining the freaking monarchy. She was also dealing with absolute betrayal and heartbreak from her father. A regular bride is often stressed in the week leading up to a wedding, but heaven forbid Meghan be human, right? 

• Upvote 11
  • Eyeroll 2

5 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

That's a weird assumption.  I'm a stress crier....it makes me feel better.  Plenty of people are like this, it doesn't mean the sky is falling if someone cries under a stressful time.  And weddings are stressful no matter how smooth the planning as it's a major life event.  Even happy changes can be stressful.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

Re: the letter leaking. I don’t get where Jason is coming from now? The letter was brought up first by Meghan’s friends in the People interview. Thomas, then gave it to whatever tabloid. We have seen a whole court case around that. Or do I think about the wrong letter?????

I do think @Babsi has a point. The BRF doesn’t have to orchestrate attacks. Especially the Kate vs Meghan narrative really wrote his own. Two beautiful women, married to brothers in such a setting being all friendly with each other is not the headline you can sell for long (more or less paraphrasing a cool YT here). The BRF can try to create positive PR, which isn’t guaranteed to work (the Scotland trip on the royal train got much more negative attention, Kate visit to the vigil has been criticised for some obvious reason...) and in very very few cases can crush a story. Allegedly. I am yet to find a proven incident. Leaks from the offices have been around for ages and balance out over the course of time. Why their aides didn’t feel need to leak in their favour (Kate and her hair pieces/extensions and Botox)leaves me irritated they had their personal secretaries and assistants. Official statements have always been extremely rare.

Harry and Meghan have put themselves in an uncomfortable corner. Instead of using the interview to address their exit in a short way that clearly showed they would not be part of a dramatic he said/she said war, they very much put their story on offer. For the right price they will keep on talking. I would definitely not talk to them in a private conversation about sensitive topics under this pretence. I really thought they would rather showcase how much better they are doing and what they have in store for their audience. Right now, they only have a girl pregnancy and the mean relatives, really. All the good that they try to do, gets swamped by this. I would be very frustrated.

The BRF definitely has to ignore them, otherwise they are complicit in enabling this whole tabloid drama. Those little jabs from all sides are so reality trash tv level. 

• Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, Grandma D said:

Megan redesigned her engagement ring that harry lovingly had designed for her. Who does that?

Someone who knows that you should love a piece of jewelry you'll likely wear every day for the rest of your life, and rejection of a design is in no way a rejection of your husband?

Stuff like this makes me so glad I don't know some of you irl.  The judginess over the silliest things...I don't get it.

• Upvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Not at all.There are millions of real things and people in this crap sack world to feel sorrow for. Ms Markle and her woes is not even on the list. She was a grown educated fairly worldly women who willingly chose type of life with all the duties and trials that come along with it. We all make our beds and must lie in them. 

Of course a meticulous planned out wedding can be highly stressful? Add the televised to Millions pressure on top. And all the family drama. Every bride in those circumstances would be on edge. Throw a postpartum mum into the mix. Also knowing her looks and her children’s behaviour will be under the looking glass. I am pretty sure the whole incident wasn’t nearly as bad as anyone makes it out to be.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

1 minute ago, tabitha2 said:

Not at all.There are millions of real things and people in this crap sack world to feel sorrow for. Ms Markle and her woes is not even on the list. She was a grown educated fairly worldly women who willingly chose type of life with all the duties and trials that come along with it. We all make our beds and must lie in them. 

To whom are you responding?

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic