IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 5: Grace for Me but Never for Thee (Unless Thou Payest Me)

nelliebelle1197

I think we all know "the DUI" is Spanky's weaselly way of saying "I'm fucked if anyone Googles me"; as evidenced by his very brief employment by SB Nation (specifically their Pittsburgh Pirates site) a couple of years ago.

Sure, the DUI was part of that (and certainly didn't help) but in the end, it was far more about Spanky's repugnant personality. To quote an awesome comment from Deadspin "Let the Pittsburgh fan who is without a DUI cast the first Keystone". A DUI, in and of itself, is not gonna be a deal breaker to your average sports fan.

I do think he's rendered himself largely unemployable (through faults entirely his own), though in this economy he could likely find something. The problem is that he's been coddled his entire life and refuses to suck up his ego long enough to function in the real world. I think the humiliation of for asking for donations is actually much easier for him than daily subservience to employers* would be.

*Real ones, that is. The kind that don't feel any compunction to kiss his ass because of who his daddy was.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, AnnaSofia said:

I think the humiliation of for asking for donations is actually much easier for him than daily subservience to employers* would be.

From what I can tell, the current begging is just another form of the two decades or more of religious grifting Spanky has carried out since his days at Highlands Ministries, which is now run by his erstwhile co-con, Laurence Windham

Grifting + living off mommy's & daddy's money. That's all Spanky has ever known.

• Upvote 7

11 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I'm wondering if everything is OK at Chez Sproul. Spanky hasn't posted or released any new videos for a week now, and he's usually pretty regular with them. I hope the boys are OK. 

Spanky's "poor us" facebook post linking to his Risk and Vulnerability blog post was posted Oct 16, and I linked it posthaste! 

Lisa is currently posting away about God this and God that, but hasn't mentioned RC, so I think he's out of the weeds. 

10 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Highlands Ministries, which is now run by his erstwhile co-con, Laurence Windham

Thanks for those links. I clicked through the Highland Ministries web site.  Not sure "Highlands Ministries" is doing much of anything these days.  Their last Camp for Pastors was 2015.  

Things are vague on the website, blog posts stopped in 2019. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 4

Ok, everyone, Her Majesty has figured out COVID!  Can someone ask the World Health Organization to DM her for details?  Also, let them know if they go through her, they can get it for half price!!

Spoiler

image.png.b5d08bb29c0401ef8786ac9672a8d084.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 8
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 5

On 10/17/2021 at 10:03 AM, Howl said:

Yeah! I know my COVID antibody number, but there is no reference point yet to say what that number means in terms of protection from COVID!  

There's no official information yet, but we have some indications and you might find this informative:

https://www.facebook.com/nerdnodeoftrust/posts/121057660084215

This lady is my favorite source for COVID information.  Very knowledgeable, very good at breaking information down to be easily understandable.  

20 minutes ago, Sarcastically spinster said:

There's no official information yet, but we have some indications and you might find this informative:

Oh, my gosh, facebook hug emoji to you! 

This will take a bit of a dive.  I have to go into the patient portal of the lab that did the test and see if I can find the information that will link up to the graph! Woohoo!  This will make a huge difference.   

We need to set my husband up for his booster.  Can't remember if his original vax was Pfizer or Moderna. 

So grateful we've avoided the plague so far and I want to keep it that way! 

• Upvote 2

One thing I'm not seeing reflected in the various anti-vaxxers' screeds is recognition that one can get Covid19 repeatedly. Been plenty of reports of people catching it twice; not clear what role variants play in that. Lot of triumphant 'we have overcome' crowing by anti-vax adjacent persons, such as here. But I'm gonna just keep masking & socially distancing & avoiding crowds & so on & so forth, thank you very much. & keeping an eye on the proud plague carriers.

Edited by PinkGreyBrown
spelling/grammar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Yea, am I missing something here?  Why can't they sell that giant house?  Has it had liens filed against it?  And as someone who knows the Sproul family, I can tell you that they were quite well off for years.  I'm just confused that they wouldn't have anything in savings, or Denise's life insurance, bless her soul.  Vesta will provide for the kids...make no mistake, those are her grandchildren, and she is a lovely woman, but maybe she wants to make certain that they money and the resources will actually get to the boys.

What about becoming a home cleaner (at 40 bucks an our).  What about driving Uber or delivering for Grubhub.  Doing elder care or selling blood plasma like her sister in law Beall.

My neighbors is one of my own personal heroes.  She fled Venezuela at 46, no English, then found out she was about to have a change-of-life baby at 47.  She started a home cleaning business and carried her son around on her back.  She listened to all kinds of awesome podcasts while she was cleaning, learned English, got in killer shape, had quality time with her baby, didn't have to pay daycare.  She charged $40 and hour.  Pulling 1500 a week easy.  My girl Pilar could teach Queen Lisa a thing or two.

• Upvote 6

The Spanky GoFundMe is nearly at $3,000 🤢 AND it's a pinned tweet.

I think he's fishing for controversy as well because apropos of nothing is this little gem of bigotry.

996297508_ScreenShot2021-10-22at4_38_22pm.thumb.png.11baa3a61897d27143f47d2c501edd3d.png

He's such a shitsnack.

• Upvote 2
  • Angry 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • I Agree 1

Spanky is such a shriveled, mean little soul.  Let us compare and contrast with an October 11 facebook post from Jim Rigby, a Presbyterian minister in my city. 

"As a pro-LGBTQ minister raised in homophobia, I am feeling a moment of tremendous gratitude to all those who came out publicly, or trusted me privately with the truth of who they are. I have outgrown my earlier views, and I owe a sizable part of my enlarged heart to the brave souls from the LGBTQ community who refused to be dehumanized. As they say, 'Peace also take courage.'" 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 7
  • Love 8

On 10/18/2021 at 4:19 PM, forgetmenow said:

Ok, everyone, Her Majesty has figured out COVID!  Can someone ask the World Health Organization to DM her for details?  Also, let them know if they go through her, they can get it for half price!!

Hide contents

image.png.b5d08bb29c0401ef8786ac9672a8d084.png

I wish fundies would go back to Walmart and stop sullying Target.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

The go fund me is now around $6,500 (they requested $20,000).  Here’s a brief update from a week ago:

RC and Lisa continue to be in tangible need. Though almost fully recovered from Covid19, which we are thankful and praise God for, the majority of their needs remain unmet at this time. (see original post) 
Please pray and if God leads, consider helping the Sproul family in this crisis. Please, share the link as well. 

• Thank You 5

I woke up today with a renewed sense of hope, confidence, and inner peace. It seemed something had changed in the world. But what could have changed to make me feel so positive when news all around us is so grim and so many things appear so bleak? So I went on a quest and eureka! I discovered it! Lisa Sproul's lips are as soft as clouds. Hope is restored! This renewed optimism now makes sense. Lisa's fluffy billowing soft as clouds lips have made the world a better place.

Spoiler

1083582221_ScreenShot2021-11-12at10_24_31AM.thumb.jpg.89cdb76c1f1dd4c4420144510d531f16.jpg

• Haha 12

I don't know which of those 2 jerks wrote this, but they've been milking COVID for sympathy, meals and cash for months now, and they're still telling people not to get the vaccine??

Spoiler

image.png.2e192478feed0409abaf616ac429a75f.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

• 2 weeks later...

Could there be anyone left in the world who would dare associate themselves with Vision Forum and Doug Phillips by mentioning them in a positive light? Amazingly enough, there is!

RC-Lisa Sproul still appreciate Vision Forum and Doug Phillips' winsome teaching.

Spoiler

1896131678_ScreenShot2021-11-24at10_19_37AM.thumb.jpg.63b1d0c7e855dc8d002281158044bf5d.jpg

Edited by Banyan
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 4
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

Who the heck is the “we” here? RC jr and Lisa weren’t married when VF collapsed. And of course there was the whole “RCjr has a tantrum and won’t attend the wedding” mess with Delaney and JT. Nothing says “I respect the groom’s father” like refusing to attend your daughter’s wedding to said groom. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

29 minutes ago, gracegrace said:

Nothing says “I respect the groom’s father” like refusing to attend your daughter’s wedding to said groom. 

Yep. Apparently, Spanky & the Queen have forgotten that Doug himself was the wedding they refused to attend.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

Spanky (R.C. Jr.) allowed Stephen Sitler (Doug Wilson's pet pedophile) to live in his basement as a Highlands Ministry intern/seminarian...with his children, with predictable results. 

Darby (R.C. Jr.'s daughter with his first wife), sums up the conundrum about being believed re: sexual abuse in fundamentalist Christianity. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Who was KSP referring to in the original tweet? Not Darby herself, right?

I have followed Darby for a long time and give her a lot of credit for her growth and honesty. It is reassuring to know that her younger siblings have her.  I hope her in-laws are good folks and help her feel a little less parent-less. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

I wondered if his was related to victim testimony in the Ghislaine Maxwell trial, but that may be because there was a tweet related to the trial right above Darby's tweet, but totally different tweet threads. 

Reading the rest of the KSP thread, it looks like there was a victim statement somewhere that included a "Fuck you" to a pastor, and people thought that was a bridge too far, or something. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, mountaineer said:

Reading the rest of the KSP thread, it looks like there was a victim statement somewhere that included a "Fuck you" to a pastor, and people thought that was a bridge too far, or something.

So Darby's tweet was right on point!  

• Upvote 5

Spanky is still asking for donations. It's a pinned tweet and he reiterates the request at the top of some of his YouTube stuff. He's up to $8.9k now. Ugh.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • Thank You 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic