IGNORED

Trump 53: Orange Florida Man Awaiting Indictment

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I'm no fan of Rove, but this made my eyes roll:

Good grief, the petty childishness shouldn’t astound me after five years, but seeing his whiney name-calling and random attacks over perceived slights still has the power to make my eyes pop.  How anyone could ever take this man-child seriously is beyond me.
Later generations will never understand how an almost illiterate con-man duped so many Americans into believing he was the genius second coming of Christ who was personally sent by god to save the world from the evil pedo baby-bloodsucking libs who were planning to give them healthcare, higher minimum wages and equality.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 14

Oh and if anyone ever decides to be a sucker for punishment and want to review OFM’s tweets here’s an archive

• Thank You 4

Man baby to RNC: don't use my likeness

Lawyers for former President Donald Trump sent out cease-and-desist letters Friday to the Republican National Committee, the National Republican Congressional Committee, and the National Republican Senatorial Committee for using his name and likeness on fundraising emails and merchandise, a Trump adviser tells CNN.

The three entities are the largest fundraising organizations within the GOP that are focused on electing Republicans to office.

Politico first reported on the letter.

CNN has reached out to Trump's office, as well as the RNC, the NRCC and the NRSC for a copy of the letter.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 3

8 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Man baby to RNC: don't use my likeness

Can't have anyone siphoning off the money!  More proof that the only thing Trump cares about is.....  Trump.  I suspect the GOP will continue to kiss his orange ass, no matter what.  

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 7

7 hours ago, Becky said:

Can't have anyone siphoning off the money!  More proof that the only thing Trump cares about is.....  Trump.  I suspect the GOP will continue to kiss his orange ass, no matter what.  

Agree they'll kiss it, but that some will probably want to gargle with bleach afterwards.

Looks to me like he's trying to set himself up as gatekeeper for all GOP nominees.  I view it as Coup Attempt #2, Lite.

• Upvote 10

It looks like they’re ignoring Trump. And who can blame them? Everybody knows Trump’s success rate in courts.

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 7

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

It looks like they’re ignoring Trump. And who can blame them? Everybody knows Trump’s success rate in courts.

I hope the Dems also use his name, preferably with Baby Balloon and Diaper Don imagery.  Reminders of the COVID-19 death toll, other major "accomplishments" and the GOP's support of him in the face of it all would also be helpful.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Spots are “extremely limited”. ? Got a good chuckle there.  

• Upvote 8

OFM is such a fucking hypocrite 

Despite his unsubstantiated claims about mail-in voting during the 2020 election, former President Donald Trump requested a mail ballot for the third time on Friday.

In one of his first civic duties as a private citizen since leaving office in January, Trump requested a ballot to vote in Palm Beach's municipal election. According to the Palm Beach Post, his request was made nearly a week after the deadline to have a ballot sent to a voter by mail. Ballots are still available for pickup.

As of noon Monday, his ballot has not yet been recorded. Records show that former first lady Melania Trump has not requested a mail ballot, but she voted in person last November at the Morton and Barbara Mandel Recreation Center in Palm Beach, Florida, the city where the couple now resides.

The former president also voted by mail as a Florida resident in the presidential primary last March and in the August primary.

• Eyeroll 9
  • Thank You 3

The former guy is increasingly desperate for attention:

image.png.e3e27e7a6897f6e65aa12cdaa083ba6d.png

Edited by GreyhoundFan
  • Upvote 13
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Trump really misses being able to tweet, and that fills me with exquisite schadenfreude. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 12

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Trump really misses being able to tweet, and that fills me with exquisite schadenfreude. 

• I Agree 5

Good! "Trump may be in real trouble from new civil and criminal cases"

Recent statements by Donald Trump and his enablers prove that he and his Big Lie that the 2020 election was stolen aren’t departing from American politics anytime soon. But neither is the push to hold him legally accountable, as shown by a new lawsuit — the second against Trump by a member of Congress arising out of the failed Jan. 6 insurrection. As attorneys who have overseen prosecutions or other accountability efforts in Republican and Democratic administrations alike, we believe the combination of civil cases and a pair of rapidly accelerating state criminal investigations make for a potent force to combat the ex-president’s ongoing wrongdoing.

The new litigation, filed Friday by impeachment manager Rep. Eric Swalwell (D-Calif.), alleges that the former president, his son Don Jr., his lawyer Rudolph W. Giuliani and Rep. Mo Brooks (R-Ala.) conspired to prevent Swalwell and other members of Congress from discharging their duty to certify that Joe Biden had won last year’s presidential election. The complaint says the defendants engaged in an extensive, months-long promotion of the Big Lie, capped off by Trump’s fighting words and the violence that followed on the day of the electoral vote count.

Such alleged conspiracies are prohibited by the Ku Klux Klan Act, which was passed during the Reconstruction era to fight efforts to block public officials from performing their duties. The new suit joins the pending one initiated by Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.), who is also suing the former president and Giuliani, as well as the Proud Boys and the Oath Keepers on similar grounds.

Both cases are assigned to the same capable and speedy D.C. federal judge, Amit Mehta, and Trump’s first deadline to answer is approaching next week. So the floodgates of civil litigation are now open. Once preliminary motions are over, we can expect a rush of new information to add to the public record of the events leading up to and including Jan. 6, perhaps further implicating the former president and his cronies. And the financial claims against Trump will accumulate, too. Because of the potentially vast damages that can be awarded by D.C. juries for the very severe wrongdoing alleged, these civil actions have the capacity to financially break even wealthy individuals like the Trump and some of his alleged co-conspirators.

But as important as civil accountability is, Trump faces an even more immediate set of legal troubles that threaten to complicate his attempted reemergence into public life. Recent days also saw the delivery of long-sought tax and financial information to Manhattan District Attorney Cyrus Vance Jr. as part of an investigation into Trump’s many alleged misdeeds in New York City’s jurisdiction, including bank and tax fraud. That should greatly accelerate the long-running investigation. So too should Vance’s recent hiring of a top deputy with extensive experience trying complex criminal matters, Mark Pomerantz. He and Vance are reportedly sharpening their focus on the Trump Organization’s chief financial officer, Allen Weisselberg, whose cooperation could also speed up the case.

And Vance is not alone in investigating criminal liability — there’s a matching criminal threat from Fulton County, Ga., District Attorney Fani Willis over Trump’s call to ask that the secretary of state in Georgia “just … find 11,780 votes” to help Trump beat Biden. This is a more recent investigation, but it’s also potentially much less complex than the case in Manhattan, now in its third year. As a result, the Fulton County investigation may move even faster. Indeed, a grand jury met in the Georgia investigation last week, and Willis recently added a nationally recognized racketeering expert to her investigative team. Look for the New York and Georgia probes into criminal liability to close in on Trump.

Of course, Trump would not be Trump without his many legal enablers, and they, too, are facing mounting troubles for their part in spreading the Big Lie. Judge James E. Boasberg of the D.C. District Court recently referred attorney Erick Kaardal to a court grievance committee for potential punishment because Kaardal filed an allegedly bogus case attacking the November election results. Two Georgia counties have recently filed to recover legal fees stemming from the Trump campaign’s frivolous lawsuit to overturn the state’s election results. They are the latest in a nationwide series of actions seeking sanctions against the attorneys who presented allegedly voluminous election falsehoods to the courts, including multiple bar complaints against Sidney Powell and Giuliani. Giuliani is beset with even greater challenges: Late last week, news reports indicated that federal prosecutors in Manhattan had resumed their investigation into whether he broke federal law in his Ukraine dealings, which helped lead to Trump’s first impeachment.

In light of all this court action, Trump may come to regret his recent CPAC speech filled with debunked lies, such as that “this election was rigged,” and that there were “more votes than they had people voting” in Michigan and Pennsylvania. The ex-president’s behavior at issue in the cases does not end on Jan. 6, or even Jan. 20, when he left office. The law allows post-wrongdoing acts to be admitted if they bear upon relevant issues such as motive or a lack of remorse. As civil and criminal proceedings press forward, the CPAC speech and others like it could be admissible in court as evidence to shed light on Trump’s intent in inciting the attack on the Capitol.

This is to say nothing of the other ongoing investigations into the events of Jan. 6 that could continue to implicate Trump. House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s proposed commission to look into the riot remains under consideration, and in the meantime, standing congressional committees are investigating the events of that day as well. Whether through the special commission or otherwise, Congress’s findings will illuminate Trump’s full role in the incitement of political violence.

Then there is the sprawling federal criminal probe into Jan. 6. It has already resulted in nearly 300 cases, and investigators have said that all potential defendants are subject to review. Last week, FBI Director Christopher A. Wray testified before the Senate Judiciary Committee that the agency was pursuing roughly 2,000 domestic terrorism cases across the country, representing a huge spike in such investigations. That attention and focus cannot be good news for the former president.

Trump was able to delay personal accountability during his term in office by using the presidency itself as a shield. He argued that Article II of the Constitution prohibited him from being investigated, stalled legal proceedings and treated the Department of Justice as his own personal law firm. And his allies in the halls of Congress spent four years either agreeing with Trump’s assessment of immunity or choosing the compliance-through-silence option, including by acquitting him at two impeachment trials despite his evident culpability.

Today, however, Trump is a private citizen. His friends in Congress are less reliably loyal. He must defend himself. This is not to say that exacting justice will be easy — as a private businessman, Trump was notorious for using the law as a weapon. But the walls seem to be rapidly closing in. If they do, they may finally mark an end to the ex-president’s involvement in our public life. It is not easy to be involved in politics if you are broke and in jail.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I just can’t get my hopes up anymore. For the past four plus years I kept thinking the hammer was going to drop and it hasn’t. Still gotta hold out hope I suppose 

I know. I don't want either. He's managed to avoid it so many times. Its hard to have hope when he's skated every single time.

Edited by JordynDarby5
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

1 minute ago, JordynDarby5 said:

I know. I don't want either. He's managed to avoid it so many times. Its hard to have hope when he's skated every single time.

27 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

I just can’t get my hopes up anymore. For the past four plus years I kept thinking the hammer was going to drop and it hasn’t. Still gotta hold out hope I suppose 

You guys are forgetting one very important thing though. In the past four to five years, the Republicans were bending over backwards protecting him, refusing to hold him to account, and preventing investigations into Trump's antics as much as possible. But now? Now Dems are in charge, and they won't prevent investigations. They are even actively suing him for instigating the insurrection, and both House and Senate committees are also investigating him. 

He may get lucky with the Congressional committees. But he won't be able to avoid the federal and state investigations and litigations. Trump won't be able to skate free this time. It's not a question of if he will be sentenced. It's a question of when, and for how long.

Please keep in mind though, that investigations take a long time. Cy Vance has been investigating for three years already, and he isn't done yet, because he only just managed to get his hands on Trump's tax returns. It won't be soon that the official indictments and eventual trials start. If we're lucky it might be by the end of this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be next year though. But it will happen.

So don't lose hope just yet.  

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

13 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

It won't be soon that the official indictments and eventual trials start. If we're lucky it might be by the end of this year. I wouldn't be surprised if it turns out to be next year though. But it will happen.

I'm going to practice my chant in preparation. You may be familiar with it, " lock him up, lock him up...and throw in Don Jr., Rudy, Cruz, Graham, McTurtle, and Hawley.. lock them up, lock them up."

Clearly I'm hoping the investigations bring quite a few down.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

We remember lots of things - including the over half million dead in the US from COVID-19 - and appreciate Biden for his competence, decency, and efforts to protect us.

• Upvote 14

oh please oh please oh please I promise I'll never ask for another thing!

schaden.thumb.jpg.06c38741b783fc1166a73ce1a7374dbd.jpg

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

oh please oh please oh please I promise I'll never ask for another thing!

schaden.thumb.jpg.06c38741b783fc1166a73ce1a7374dbd.jpg

Oh oh blessed Rufus to you I send this humble plea. Make it so. Your devoted have long been suffering since that evil day January 20, 2017. Hear our prayers that justice will be done. 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 6

Is it wrong that I keep reading "Da Vance" instead of "D A Vance". As in, "Is Da Vance in da' house? Say ye-a-a-a-a-h!" And then, from somewhere below Canal Street, we hear "Da Vance represents!"

• Haha 12
  • Love 1

17 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Is it wrong that I keep reading "Da Vance" instead of "D A Vance". As in, "Is Da Vance in da' house? Say ye-a-a-a-a-h!" And then, from somewhere below Canal Street, we hear "Da Vance represents!"

Too bad his last name isn't Bears! (Chicago humor)

• Haha 13

Former President Trump has chosen Jesse Binnall, a Republican lawyer who filed a lawsuit attempting to overturn the 2020 election results in Nevada, to represent him in a lawsuit that alleges he violated the 1871 Ku Klux Klan act by inciting the Jan. 6 riot at the Capitol.

Mississippi Democratic Congressman Bennie Thompson and the NAACP filed the suit in February against Trump, Rudy Giuliani, and the Oath Keepers militia, alleging that they “conspired to incite an assembled crowd” in Washington, D.C. to attack the Capitol on Jan. 6 and disrupt the counting of electoral votes.

Court documents filed in the lawsuit on Thursday show that Jesse Binnall will represent Trump in the suit.

Binnall represented former Trump national security adviser Mike Flynn alongside Sidney Powell in his criminal trial for lying to the FBI about his contacts with Russia’s ambassador to the U.S. Flynn was subsequently pardoned.

Yeah that ought to work well.  

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic