IGNORED

I'm a Reformed Person in VF/ATI circles. Ask Me Anything.

KnightInShiningAmore

I say this as nicely as possible: fuck off.

Yes. And may I add that, while we have all types of posters on this board, Doggie has always struck me as--how can I put this--one of the least beset by intellectual concerns?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3. I rarely hear girls discuss those topics, except for really young girls. 3-6. Older than that, they're talking about movies, history, each other, families in the church, politics, etc. It really depends on what their family is like. If the family loves musical theater, the girls will be involved and talk about that. If it's photography, they'll talk about photoshop and their macbooks. But depending on who's in the conversational circle, they'll shift their conversation slightly so as not to offend anybody from a differing family philosophy. Some families are the stereotype, most are not, and some are more diverse still, especially in the ATI circles. For the record, I have heard the Botkin sisters semi-bash the Elsie books, and I know Jeff and John Moore hate them.

Interesting! Thanks for answering my questions. I feel like when I was a kid my homeschool friends were more, I don't know, genuine, and then as an older teen the homeschool girls I (tried) to hang out with were sort of clones of each other. I guess it was that old problem of cliques and groupthink which can happen in any group of girls. It's nice to hear different about the girls you know!

Do you know the Chanceys? What are they like in person?

What wine goes with popcorn?

Do you know anything about Doug Wilson and his crowd? How do the 2 Dougs relate? Was there any controversy when elders in Wilson's church arranged a marriage between a young woman and a convicted pedophile?

And do you know Brantley Disharoon?

I know a little about them personally, a lot about them on hearsay, which I'm not going to further because I doubt it's validity, and almost nothing recently.

The two Dougs have differing theology in a number of areas, but the VF crowd and the DW crowd read the same books for the most part. Doug Phillips doesn't like strife and unnecessary backbiting at all. He went out of his way to arrange a meeting with Doug Wilson, which he later posted on his blog. Doug W has taken a few potshots at Doug P behind his back, and I know that Doug W is more apt to feel insecure in his leadership, compared to Doug P.

Doug W's crowd tends to live the stereotype more fully, and be less fun. Just less joviality, more of a 'persecuted' frame of mind in everything they do, which tends to be the case with all the hypercalvinist movements I've run into so far. As for the marriage, there was controversy, but it was hushed. I don't know anything beyond that.

I have met and worked with Brantley. It hurt me to see these charges brought against him here on the forum, but I wasn't rushing to his defense. It's a battle people fight for the rest of their lives, and it needed to be addressed. From what I know of Brantley from personal interaction like working with him and dining with him, plus getting confirmation from one of his very closest friends, I believe the story as he presented it.

Brantley strikes me as the type who, if sin were uncovered, he would be ashamed and mourn it, and tell everyone just how sorry he really was. There are some people who are natural cover-ups, and he's not one of them, from my best reckoning. There is a lingering chance, and I can't say that I don't wonder. I don't know him really well, so my assessment could be wrong. But I believe he is trustworthy, and his friend knows him like nobody else and also insists he's telling the truth.

Yes. And may I add that, while we have all types of posters on this board, Doggie has always struck me as--how can I put this--one of the least beset by intellectual concerns?

Well said, both LMM and emmie.

Well, I WAS going to continue writing an essay tonight. There goes that plan.

Is there any courtship in the works for John David Duggar? Specifically with Anna Hackel?

And thanks for answering all the questions!

I can find out but I'll have to be covert. They are familiar with FJ.

Do you understand why it feels like they hate women, specifically women like me who are the driving force in their household and do work and are t babymakers. (I have only one). It perplex me that those things get moralized because it works for our house.

Forgive my typose, I am in bed watching signs, listening to hubby snore and finger typing on iPad.

this is like everyone waiting for a turn at santa's knee. santa I want santa I want.it is a bit pathetic when adult woman are reduced to begging children.

It's very interesting stuff, to me anyway.

Guest Anonymous
this is like everyone waiting for a turn at santa's knee. santa I want santa I want.it is a bit pathetic when adult woman are reduced to begging children.

This is every bit as misogynistic as some of the bullshit fundies say. You can't tear down the master's house with the master's tools. If the topic doesn't interest you feel free to bugger off out of it, but you're not better than everyone who is interested in it. I'm damned sure you'd be all up in Courtney Stodden's grill if she was here answering questions.

I need more, more more!

Give us the Peter B. details, he seems like such a jerk to his wife.

Is JT Phillips gay?

Do they REALLY wear those clothes all the time(like the dress shirt/vest/blazer combo JT likes) or do they wear jeans and tshirts.

They wear jeans and t-shirts or t-shirts and shorts a lot. They relax and play and have casual days like anybody else. But it doesn't help sell the 'aged' and 'timeless' and 'classic' and 'chivalrous' era their products revolve around to post and promote an image of a common American family. They dress up whenever there are cameras, or they're meeting people.

JT is many things, but gay isn't one of them. An Errol Flynn fan who wants to rescue the princess in every scene, he's childish because he's young, but not gay.

One of the curses of wearing clothing and hairstyles and having attitudes that make the kids seem so mature is that it's hard to accurately place them with their age group and social equivalents in my own mind. He's just a hyper kid who was stuck in playland, and it came across as a bit effeminate sometimes.

I can find out but I'll have to be covert. They are familiar with FJ.

Oh, do tell! Which Duggar is lurking on FJ? Or is it producer Sean and the 19 kids production team?

I know a little about them personally, a lot about them on hearsay, which I'm not going to further because I doubt it's validity, and almost nothing recently.

The two Dougs have differing theology in a number of areas, but the VF crowd and the DW crowd read the same books for the most part. Doug Phillips doesn't like strife and unnecessary backbiting at all. He went out of his way to arrange a meeting with Doug Wilson, which he later posted on his blog. Doug W has taken a few potshots at Doug P behind his back, and I know that Doug W is more apt to feel insecure in his leadership, compared to Doug P.

Doug W's crowd tends to live the stereotype more fully, and be less fun. Just less joviality, more of a 'persecuted' frame of mind in everything they do, which tends to be the case with all the hypercalvinist movements I've run into so far. As for the marriage, there was controversy, but it was hushed. I don't know anything beyond that.

I have met and worked with Brantley. It hurt me to see these charges brought against him here on the forum, but I wasn't rushing to his defense. It's a battle people fight for the rest of their lives, and it needed to be addressed. From what I know of Brantley from personal interaction like working with him and dining with him, plus getting confirmation from one of his very closest friends, I believe the story as he presented it.

Brantley strikes me as the type who, if sin were uncovered, he would be ashamed and mourn it, and tell everyone just how sorry he really was. There are some people who are natural cover-ups, and he's not one of them, from my best reckoning. There is a lingering chance, and I can't say that I don't wonder. I don't know him really well, so my assessment could be wrong. But I believe he is trustworthy, and his friend knows him like nobody else and also insists he's telling the truth.

Thank you for your answers! Just to be clear, the charges weren't brought against him here, but in a court. We were discussing the legal document that is publicly available. I still don't understand why that document is available, since he was a juvenile at the time, but oh well. The threats he made here didn't really make a good impression or help his google problem either.

sorry but I am married.

I will die laughing if this guy is fooling all of you. hell I am laughing now about how people on here are acting over someone that just popped up out of the blue and is telling them everything they want to hear.

Aww emmie, I think you're being too nice. Especially when the pot is calling the kettle pathetic.

sorry but I am married.

I will die laughing if this guy is fooling all of you. hell I am laughing now about how people on here are acting over someone that just popped up out of the blue and is telling them everything they want to hear.

I don't know, I don't think any of us ever speculated on Botkin being ill.

Knight has defrauded me with the idea of this just being one big cosplay event.

We all do it, to a degree. We put on our happy family faces for Christmas cards but we're just playing to the image we know will be acceptable in a given family paradigm.

Facebook has made a lot of people in the VF community more open about their home lives.

Guest Anonymous

Knight, this old girl needs to crash. I want to thank you for a great time. I appreciate your answers and admire your ability to maintain the boundaries you established when you first began posting this evening.

Please come back and consider posting on other threads. TYVM

This is every bit as misogynistic as some of the bullshit fundies say. You can't tear down the master's house with the master's tools. If the topic doesn't interest you feel free to bugger off out of it, but you're not better than everyone who is interested in it. I'm damned sure you'd be all up in Courtney Stodden's grill if she was here answering questions.

I am just seeing people going ape over someone that just dropped in out of the blue. Courtney Stodden answering questions that would be pretty funny. but I could have done that already if I wanted too.

Sorry for repeating this but I really want to know? also what do they think of Catholics, Eastern Orthodox or Christians who venerate/honor the Virgin Mary?

Sorry Knight, just really really need to know badly? sorry again

I'm wondering if you know anything about Alyssa and Robert Welch? She has a bog called resolved to worship. I know they used to be involved in ATI pretty heavily but not now. Do you know what is the state of the relationship between older Welch and A and R Welch right now? Thank you much btw, I can't stop reading :drool:

I don't know, I don't think any of us ever speculated on Botkin being ill.

he could be real. it was just the way people are acting over him that I was commenting on.

We all do it, to a degree. We put on our happy family faces for Christmas cards but we're just playing to the image we know will be acceptable in a given family paradigm.

Facebook has made a lot of people in the VF community more open about their home lives.

I am not so sure about that. Yes, certainly in some families, but myself and loads of other people around this board don't seem to strike me as that type. Out Christmas cards are us.

In contrast, I have a fundie friend who recently left her husband and it was shocking, absolutely shocking becUse just days before she was being a helpmeet and loving her husband on Facebook.

I save the gushing missives for private and the rest of the world sees me like I am except for a Tete a Tete with the kid or husband, which are by definition private moment.

Guest Anonymous
I am just seeing people going ape over someone that just dropped in out of the blue. Courtney Stodden answering questions that would be pretty funny. but I could have done that already if I wanted too.

My inclination is towards him being real at this point. Even if he isn't he's damned entertaining, so no harm no foul. Honestly I think you're having an attention whoring freak-out so you decided to swan in and make it all about you. Foe list: you are on it.

If doggie collects himself and apologizes for being a douchecanoe someone let me know, eh? I'll be over here not holding my breath.

Archived