IGNORED

Trump 52: Now He's The FORMER President! (And Still Impeached Twice)

GreyhoundFan

5 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

There must be something wrong with the link. It goes to a blank page.

Thanks, I deleted it.  It was a link to a gif of a popular US television commercial in the early 90s for Mervyn's department store.  An image of a woman all bundled up out in the pre-dawn cold, drumming her hands against the store doors and chanting "open, open, open"

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

1 minute ago, AmazonGrace said:

It opened for me.

2 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Thanks, I deleted it.  It was a link to a gif of a popular US television commercial in the early 90s for Mervyn's department store.  An image of a woman all bundled up out in the pre-dawn cold, drumming her hands against the store doors and chanting "open, open, open"

Oh no, I think it must have been my ad blocker... sorry @church_of_dog!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

36 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Aww nothing like old friends patching it up.

On my post Sunday morning at 10:49 AM - I mentioned Steve Bannon. "Deconstruct the administrative state." Umm, yeah.

Bannon is very dangerous.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

He told everyone.

Why can't they interview Jr. already? He doesn't have any executive privilege does he?

If you notice, in that second video Trump says that if you "get rid of the ballots" there won't be a transfer of power.  Of course not.  If you only had the electronic voting, Trump could have manipulated it to stay in office.  I still find that scary.

And they might be dragging their feet over talking to Junior until Trump is out of office and can't pardon him.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

20 hours ago, KWLand said:

I think he if really wanted Trump to not be found guilty he would have pushed it through before next Wednesday.  He would have more control, would need 2 more Republicans to vote and could say he did his job and the Senate voted no.  But after Wednesday they only need 17 Republicans if all 50 democrats vote against, etc.

but I really am still learning all about how politics work so I maybe way off.   

McConnell doesn't really have the power right now to get the Senate back. In order to reconvene before the scheduled date of January 19th, he would need unanimous consent. As he's losing his title of Senate Majority Leader, he can't promise anything in exchange (like fast tracking bills) to the Republicans who don't want to come back early. 

There are emergency provisions, but the trial is going to take a few weeks, just like before. The Majority Leader and Minority Leader have to agree to the rules, IIRC. So right now, Schumer is likely figuring out a schedule to do Biden business in the morning and impeachment stuff in the afternoons, along with working with McConnell to lay out how the trial will go. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

I'm down with this suggestion...

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 6

They're learning that Everything Trump Touches Dies:

Thoughts and prayers.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Thoughts and prayers.

Russian Pee Soaked Bed.  Made.  Lie.

A thing of beauty.

articles.thumb.png.b7365fbe19da170a41653e096b4f2f00.png

Complete with a nice big signature that says fuck you Trump.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Thoughts and prayers.

Are there enough jobs at Fox, Newsmax, OANN or the Daily Caller to employ them all?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

A Girl Scout chapter doesn't want to be in a fuck face owned building anymore

The Girl Scouts’ New York City chapter is the latest organization seeking to cut ties with President Donald Trump.

Girl Scouts of Greater New York is reviewing options to exit a long-term lease at 40 Wall St., also known as the Trump Building in Manhattan’s Financial District, according to Chief Executive Officer Meridith Maskara. The chapter’s 15-year agreement began in 2014.

“As a matter of very high priority, our organization has been exploring options for getting out of the lease and the building,” Maskara said in a statement, adding the chapter is looking for new office space.

Doesn't explain why they thought it was a good idea to locate in there in the first place. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Any comparisons to Nixon would be entirely unfair as Nixon was never impeached. 

Some things that caught me eye when reading the above article.

As one of their final acts, Trump's team is working to organize a crowd to see him off on the morning of Biden's inauguration, when he plans to depart Washington while still president and is expecting a major send-off....Trump told people he did not like the idea of departing Washington for a final time as an ex-president, flying aboard an airplane no longer known as Air Force One. He also did not particularly like the thought of requesting the use of the plane from Biden, according to a person familiar with the matter.

Initially, Trump had planned to depart the White House a day early. But he now plans to leave on the morning of January 20. His departure aboard Marine One from the White House South Lawn will likely be visible and audible to the Bidens, who will spend the night before the inauguration at Blair House, across Pennsylvania Avenue from the executive mansion. Its use was offered to them by the State Department rather than the Trumps, who refuse to make contact with the incoming president and first lady.

Final plans for Trump's departure were still being laid a week ahead of time, but Trump has expressed interest to some in a military-style sendoff and a crowd of supporters, according to a person with whom he has discussed the matter. Whether that occurs at the White House, Joint Base Andrews or his final destination -- Palm Beach International Airport -- wasn't clear. Trump is expected to be ensconced in his Mar-a-Lago club or his nearby golf course by noon on Inauguration Day, when his term officially ends.

Don't want to ask Biden for use of the plane?  He'd probably refrain from humuliating you and let you fly on it one last time.  It'd be a relief to have you gone, anyway.  Besides, what's wrong with your own plane?  If I recall, you initially whined about having to use Air Force One because you thought your own plane had to be better.  Jerk.

I also hope that you're denied a big send-off due to safety concerns because of the insurrection.  You remember that, don't you?  The rest of us sure do.  Asshole.

I'm also hoping that once you reach the plane you're stuck waiting for permission to take off while it, the runway, and the surrounding area is double checked one last time.  Safety messures, you know, because you're the most hated president in United States history and the insurrection attempt last week.  Of course, the delay, if correctly timed, could have you in the air when you officially become jobless.  If I could I'd have some officious person approach you and say, "Mr. Trump, our new president, Joe Biden requests that we return to Washington as soon as possible, so we'll have to ask you to disembark as soon as we've landed."  Loser.

Having the outgoing president 1,000 miles away from the incoming one provides some logistical challenges. For instance, handoff of the nuclear football -- a 45-pound briefcase that accompanies the president everywhere he goes in case of nuclear attack -- won't be as simple as it would be if the two men were in each other's vicinity.

A person familiar with the matter said the White House Military Office will ensure there are multiple nuclear footballs -- one to accompany Trump to Florida and one that will be ready in Washington for when Biden officially becomes president. The nuclear codes Trump carries on a card alongside the football -- the so-called "biscuit" -- would no longer work past noon.

Don't get any ideas about messing with the football.  I have no doubt that the one you're taking on board the plane with you is a dummy, and you couldn't order a pizza with that thing.  If you open the biscuit, you'll probably see "No Codes For You!" on the card.  Look around and see if you can find the hidden cameras that will be filming you from the moment you lose your job and wonder what the footage will be used for.  Do me a favor and throw an epic fit at that point.  I fully expect you to hide in the bathroom and have to be forcefully pushed out the door.  Be nice and they'll land first.

• Upvote 16

https://lawandcrime.com/u-s-capitol-siege/democrats-introduce-resolution-to-permanently-ban-trump-from-stepping-foot-on-u-s-capitol-grounds/

A Democrat in the U.S. House of Representatives introduced a resolution on Thursday permanently banning President Donald Trump from entering the U.S. Capitol Complex after he leaves office.

How about a resolution to strip him of post-presidential security briefings all ex presidents get?  Or are we just going to continue the pipeline of info for which Jared will find the highest bidder?

5 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Posting this because of the photo. 

Did someone fail at contouring? 

Before I even read your comment my first thought was Pat Benetar 1983.

Or even better...

Spoiler

Adam_ant_wikipedia_duran_duran_discogs_com.jpg

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
To add pic of Adam Ant, of course
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

24 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

How about a resolution to strip him of post-presidential security briefings all ex presidents get?  Or are we just going to continue the pipeline of info for which Jared will find the highest bidder?

Why would they bother giving him security briefings? He never paid attention to them when he WAS president, after all!

Just hand him a random comic book every day in an enveloped marked "Security Briefing - Highly Confidential!" If he bothers to look at it at all, maybe he'll be distracted for a minute or two, and if he tries to sell the info it won't be damaging.

Of course, you do risk him and his humpers railing online about mutants, aliens or super villains. That would be a step up from lizard people and a worldwide pedophile ring, however.

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

58 minutes ago, smittykins said:

T**** makes Nixon look like a choirboy.

All the people who say that Trump doesn’t care about the GOP should maybe reconsider.

Prior to Trump taking office most people I know didn’t have a particularly high opinion of George W Bush (I’m not in the US so it may be different there). He was seen as under qualified - following in daddy’s footsteps without having the experience - and not particularly intelligent. However after four years of Trump he looks like a distinguished elder statesman by comparison. Then in the last days of his presidency, when most people would be looking to their legacy, Trump takes on another challenge. He’s actually managed to make Nixon look better, by comparison. How many people would make such an effort to rehabilitate previous presidents from their party, at the expense of their own place in history? Surely  Trump is the bigliest loyalist Republican of them all.

/s

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Topaz said:

All the people who say that Trump doesn’t care about the GOP should maybe reconsider.

Prior to Trump taking office most people I know didn’t have a particularly high opinion of George W Bush (I’m not in the US so it may be different there). He was seen as under qualified - following in daddy’s footsteps without having the experience - and not particularly intelligent. However after four years of Trump he looks like a distinguished elder statesman by comparison. Then in the last days of his presidency, when most people would be looking to their legacy, Trump takes on another challenge. He’s actually managed to make Nixon look better, by comparison. How many people would make such an effort to rehabilitate previous presidents from their party, at the expense of their own place in history? Surely  Trump is the bigliest loyalist Republican of them all.

/s

I know you were joking, but for real, I loathed George W but there have been so many times in the last 4 years that I've thought "I'd take him back over what we have now". 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 22

So Trump wants a military send off and a crowd of his fans to cheer him on his walk of shame out of the White House? He really doesn’t know how to read a room.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, Ticklish said:

I know you were joking, but for real, I loathed George W but there have been so many times in the last 4 years that I've thought "I'd take him back over what we have now". 

I said the same thing many times. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

• Destiny pinned this topic
  • GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic