IGNORED

Trump 52: Now He's The FORMER President! (And Still Impeached Twice)

GreyhoundFan

12 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Unfortunately for Tiffany she probably has to remind her father she exists.

Her fiance's family is very wealthy, which I'm sure hasn't gone unnoticed.

• Upvote 15

You know it is bad when you invite your enemies because your friends won’t come to your party

• I Agree 10

2 hours ago, Shrubbery said:

Reading between the lines on CNN, I wonder if anyone has RSVP‘ed yes yet? Well I guess Rudy might have, but where Rudy will actually end up being tomorrow morning is anyone‘s guess - I suppose there is no „Joint Base Plumbing“ or similar business in Washington?

There are multiple Joint Bases in the DC area. It would be funny if most of his "crowd" showed up at another one, say Joint Base Anacostia, instead of Andrews.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 9

TMZ is reporting that SAG-AFTRA looking to kick Trump out.

https://www.tmz.com/2021/01/18/donald-trump-facing-expulsion-sag-aftra-apprentice/

Donald Trump SAG-AFTRA Might Boot Him Out ... Disciplinary Hearing to be Held

1/19/2021 11:56 AM PT

TMZ.com

11:53 AM PT -- 12/19 -- In a special session, the SAG-AFTRA’s national board overwhelmingly voted to find probable cause of a violation of its constitution by Trump and will hold a disciplinary hearing. If the board finds him guilty, possible penalties include reprimand, censure, fines, suspension from the rights and privileges of membership or expulsion from SAG-AFTRA.

Some of the charges specifically mention Trump's role in inciting the failed coup 2 weeks ago and "in sustaining a reckless campaign of misinformation aimed at discrediting and ultimately threatening the safety of journalists, many of whom are SAG-AFTRA members."

Donald Trump's in jeopardy of losing another vote -- this one with Hollywood's labor union -- and it could cost him a return to his beloved 'Apprentice.'

Trump is facing expulsion from SAG-AFTRA, with the union's board of directors set to gather Tuesday for a special session that could decide DT's fate ... according to Deadline.

There's a lot riding on Tuesday's meeting regarding possible disciplinary action for Trump ... if he's expelled from the Screen Actors Guild, he couldn't do "The Apprentice" again.

As you know, Trump starred in "The Apprentice" and 'Celebrity Apprentice' before becoming President, and he's been a union member since 1989.

Trump's expulsion requires a two-thirds vote from the national board, and Tuesday's emergency meeting is just the first step in a long process, which includes a hearing on the charges he's facing.

The SAG-AFTRA Constitution says members can be expelled or suspended for "engaging in actions antagonistic to the interests or integrity of the union." Trump's repeatedly labeled the media an enemy of the people, but the insurrection seems to be the tipping point here.

Stay tuned.

Originally Published -- 1/18 4:53 PM PT

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

From the wonderful Alexandra Petri, a satirical note: "Donald Trump’s White House note to his successor"

It is customary for the outgoing president to leave a note for his successor, apologizing for the mess he has left behind and failing to include any helpful tips for how to pick it up. When he was the incoming president in 2017, Donald Trump received a nice one from President Barack Obama (sample passage: “Please note that this country is supposed to be a functioning representative democracy, and if when the next person gets here it is not still a functioning representative democracy, people will notice and they’re going to be upset!”). But, in keeping with his usual breaking of traditions, this outgoing president will not be leaving a note.

Instead, during his last day in office, according to a press release, “President Trump will work from early in the morning to late in the evening. He will take many phone calls and have many meetings.” But that is all right. I have taken the liberty of writing his note for him:

Dear Joe,

I have been told by many people and made to state, on camera, that I acknowledge you are the president now! Congratulations, I guess.

I have some advice for you if you’d like to be as good at being president as I’ve been.

First, as president, you can really lean on people to stay at any golf courses or hotels you own, and you should definitely do that. It’s a good source of income!

As president, every day you can access the best information in the world about what is going on, but you don’t have to. You can also just watch Fox in the residence!

They give you some pieces of paper every day that are very annoying, full of information and written in a small type, but if you don’t look at them and look bored, they eventually will stop giving them to you. Or, at a minimum, they will make sure the ones that they give you have pictures.

One thing I did not know about the presidency is that you can do anything, because you have an Article II! And people will really let you do whatever you like, short of literally encouraging people to storm the Capitol to overturn the election results. I wish I’d known that sooner. But hindsight is 20/20.

I guess you also “can’t” actually fire people just because they are James Comey, even if those people are James Comey. I put “can’t” in quotes because, actually, you can. Just, people get very mad.

If you don’t have any ideas for what to do, I would recommend just randomly undoing everything your predecessor has done, regardless of whether it was good. That’s what I did, and I think it worked out. Also, every week, say you’re going to do something about infrastructure, then don’t! This keeps people on their toes.

Having a good team is important! When choosing your crew, imagine the phone ringing in the White House at 3 a.m. with an emergency, then think of the people who would be least likely to find where the phone was or know how to answer it. And if you have already alienated them, hire Rudy Giuliani.

Every so often you should stop speaking extemporaneously and tweeting and read something from a teleprompter, which will cause cable news anchors to describe you, without fail, as “debuting a new presidential tone.” This is fun every time.

If you play your cards right, you can get in good with really important world leaders like Kim Jong Un. Don’t worry about losers like Merkel; NATO is very cliquey.

People were always saying that American leadership in the world was so important, but actually it turns out that strongmen will sort of fill the vacuum for you, so you don’t have to worry about it. Likewise, all these things that presidents were or were not supposed to say — you can actually say all kinds of things, even on the phone to world leaders. Worst-case scenario, they will impeach you, but it’s not a big deal. It happens.

Anyway, a lot of people act like being president is some difficult, challenging job, but actually you can just sit around all day watching yourself on cable and the country will sort of take care of itself, except for the 400,000 people who will preventably die.

Be best,

Donald

P.S. This is still definitely a functioning democracy and any weird holes or dents you notice were there when I got here and not put here by me.

P.P.S. There is nothing in the vaccine stockpile. Good luck!

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 2

Of course he lies during his farewell address:

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, Shrubbery said:

I am a Historian, I feel personally offended by this. But we knew how he treated the sciences, why should other academic subjects fare any better?

I trained as a scientist - trust me, I feel your pain. As for the pandemic response... it's not often I want to smack someone over the head with (for preference) the main epidemiology, Virology, molecular biology, medical and complete works of the CDC on epidemic management texts, but last year? I would happily, joyfully, gleefully have done so.

Still might.

• Upvote 9

Is everyone excited for infrastructure week? Week after next the big beautiful is health care week

• Upvote 3

12 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

IMG_20210119_150123.thumb.jpg.e3ef5d4b6b36d8b20e7c6c28556cf235.jpg

Mike Lindell vs. Fred Trump. 

Wow.

So much could have been avoided if Trump had the self-awareness to get therapy for his issues relating to his father. As it is I doubt he even realises what it is that attracts him to Mike Lindell.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Is everyone excited for infrastructure week? Week after next the big beautiful is health care week

I'm looking forward to a not-scared-shitless week, hopefully sometime in the near future.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 6

Trump is pardoning Bannon after all.  To me, this is a signal that Trump still wants to hang onto his followers.  He's trying not to piss off the rightwingers.  He's still floating the idea of forming the "Patriot Party".  Good.  That will fracture the Republican Party forever.

• Upvote 13

23 minutes ago, Xan said:

Trump is pardoning Bannon after all.  To me, this is a signal that Trump still wants to hang onto his followers.  He's trying not to piss off the rightwingers.  He's still floating the idea of forming the "Patriot Party".  Good.  That will fracture the Republican Party forever.

I'm not surprised.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Pardoning Bannon for defrauding Trump's base is so on brand. 

Apparently joe exotic had a limo waiting. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7

New rule: everyone who calls themselves Patriot is a racist dickhead.

(If he founds a new party it's in old style Republicans' self interest to impeach and bar him  from  public office.)

• Upvote 14

See I pardoned your buddy, please don't convict me.

That order was supposed to help drain the swamp. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 4

It’s worth it to see the whole thread. . 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic