IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 6: A President-Elect Who Will Make Trump Irrelevant Again!!

GreyhoundFan

And as I recall there is a friendship between Michelle Obama and George w bush. if she thinks he's an okay guy then I can't dislike him quite as much as I used to.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Professional decorum.  I long for the day when that will no longer be shocking.  Soon...soon.

It really is amazing how much fuckery we internalised as normal for the last four years.
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 15

25 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Honestly - I wouldn't be shocked if he just shit in his hand and started flinging his poop.  

I'm a little shocked we haven't seen a real melt down yet.  I really would have thought he'd go off the rails and someone would leak it anonymously.

Based on what I heard by reading the various insider stories over the past few years*, I'm sure there will be some interesting tantrums revealed, but we might have to wait for publication.

*Even though many of us just want to stop thinking about him, I nevertheless and still recommend all of these.  Some not directly about him, but indirectly, yeah, close enough.

Bob Woodward's "Rage"

Mary L. Trump's "Too Much and Never Enough"

John Bolton's "The Room Where It Happened"

Christopher Wylie's "Mindf*ck"

Anonymous' "A Warning"

Edward Snowden's "Permanent Record"

Rachel Maddow's "Blowout"

Ronan Farrow's "Catch and Kill"

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 8

And as I recall there is a friendship between Michelle Obama and George w bush. if she thinks he's an okay guy then I can't dislike him quite as much as I used to.

He might well be a decent person but his politics and ideas are not. I don’t think I can ever forgive the appalling damage he did to this country after 9/11. Michelle Obama once again proves she’s a better person than me.
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 12

I think that it's about time that George W. Bush  had finally spoken out and was accounted for .   https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2020/10/george-w-bush-trump-2020/616713/

George w. bush doesn’t like Donald Trump. He doesn’t like how Trump is behaving as president. He clearly doesn’t like the division in the country Trump has fostered. He knows American democracy is under threat. He has tried to be reassuring, telling people that America has survived rough times before—a way of using insistent optimism to diplomatically acknowledge the rough time the nation is going through now. 

With less than three weeks until the election, Bush—as the only living former Republican president—would be in a position to stand up for American democracy if Trump loses but refuses to concede, as he has threatened to do.

But if Bush is planning on doing anything about Trump, or considering some way to stand together with the other former presidents to protect democracy, that would be news to the offices of those former presidents. They haven’t heard from him.  

This president does some things that might even drive President Bush to feel like he has to speak out, that he just can’t ignore the damage that’s being done to our democracy,” Christine Todd Whitman, the former New Jersey governor and Bush’s first Environmental Protection Agency administrator, who’s now the national chair of Republicans and Independents for Biden, told me. She paused for just long enough to consider what she’d said, a slight edge creeping into her voice. “He hasn’t so far, and there’s been significant damage done to our democracy.” Bush could, if he wanted, be a voice in the election for the Republicans who have recoiled from Trump’s flirtations with white nationalism and his skepticism of COVID-19 precautions. He won’t. He could, as the president who preached about promoting freedom abroad, speak up about the clearly partisan voter-suppression efforts around the country. He hasn’t. 

11 minutes ago, Destiny said:

He might well be a decent person but his politics and ideas are not. I don’t think I can ever forgive the appalling damage he did to this country after 9/11. Michelle Obama once again proves she’s a better person than me.

Michelle Obama is opening up about her friendship with George W. Bush. 

While the former first lady and the 43rd president may seem like an unlikely duo, each sitting at opposite sides of the political spectrum, the two have developed a dear friendship over the years and exchanged many pleasantries (and cough drops).

During an interview with the "Today" show 's Jenna Bush Hager, Bush's daughter, Obama said she has found common ground with the former president despite their opposing views.

"Our values are the same," Obama said. "We disagree on policy but we don’t disagree on humanity. We don’t disagree about love and compassion. I think that’s true for all of us."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/celebrities/2019/12/11/michelle-obama-defends-friendship-george-w-bush/4402339002/   

“You're friends with both Ellen and my dad, and they sat next to each other which caused some sort of online backlash,” Jenna said to Obama. “Your husband recently talked about the dangers of ‘cancel culture.’ What do you say to people that want to be closer with each other?”

“When we drop our guards, we let ourselves become vulnerable, and that vulnerability allows us to share our true stories with each other,” Obama replied.

The "Becoming" author also said younger people possess more wisdom than people her age and that bodes well for the future.  

https://www.today.com/news/michelle-obama-explains-friendship-george-w-bush-t169551  

• Upvote 11

https://www.salon.com/2020/11/08/losing-is-like-psychic-death-for-trump-psychologists-warn-trump-may-provoke-violence-after-loss/

This article is terrifying but imo a must read.  It discusses his pathology and what psychiatrists expect from Trump as he deals with this loss and some interesting thoughts on the psychology of Trump supporters.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 1

22 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Michelle Obama once again proves she’s a better person than me.

A lot of the people on our side are better than me.  Me I've got all this salt ready to go and I plan to use it.

PlentyOfSalt.thumb.jpg.16c8269ee184784144db5775b366a35a.jpg

And my dislike of that idiot shrub is as strong as ever.  He should be doing 25 to life for all his crimes now. 

In fact he and Donnie Dumbfuck should have to share a cell together.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 minute ago, 47of74 said:

A lot of the people on our side are better than me.  Me I've got all this salt ready to go and I plan to use it.

I'm not ready to go high yet. Not that good of a person. The theme song for my next week will probably be Not Ready to Make Nice by The Chicks. If Trump and his minions are nice in the next week, I'll work on going high. But if Trump is a monster and his minions support him. Well, I'll just keep singing that song. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

Trump's lack of compassion for the American people has been appalling to watch. I truly don't think he ever wanted to be President but got caught up in the power of it when some people stupidly  encouraged him. Once he won he didn't have a clue what to do. So he just followed his usual course of bullying and preening. And we all suffered. 

While I was never a huge Bush fan, pictures of him hugging workers at ground zero, to me, appeared sincere. And like Biden, his love of family also felt that way. Trump has never appeared caring or concerned about anyone but himself. So glad to be able to expect our President elect to do his best for the country, instead of just himself.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Another reason for Biden-Kamala might be that Joe and Harris seem like more generic names and if you mention "Joe" without a context people may take a minute to figure out who the hell you're talking about but if you mention "Kamala" everyone pretty much knows.

Kamala is my age. Because she's my contemporary, I find it comfortable to call her by her first name. Joe is older than my mom, so it just seems I have an easier time calling him by his last name much of the time. Obviously, I make exceptions, like in this post.

3 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

I use Harris's own description that her name is pronounced 'like the punctuation mark, "Comma - la".'   My brain often tries to apply Spanish pronunciation rules if a word is unfamiliar, so it can be a challenge to remember to think/say COMM-a-luh, at least until I've heard it more often (I read my news rather than watch, so rarely hear her name said out loud). 

One acquaintance of mine recently said it as if it rhymes with Pamela, including that flat 'a'.  Like Camel-uh.

I had a hard time at first because I know two women my age with the same name, but they both pronounce it like Pamela with a K. I've gotten used to Kamala Harris' pronunciation now, but it took some time.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

49 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I was definitely opposed to W, but the more I learned, the more he seemed like a gullible/pliable pawn as opposed to actual evil, which I ascribe to Cheney.

Edited by church_of_dog
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5

17 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I'm not ready to go high yet. Not that good of a person. The theme song for my next week will probably be Not Ready to Make Nice by The Chicks. If Trump and his minions are nice in the next week, I'll work on going high. But if Trump is a monster and his minions support him. Well, I'll just keep singing that song. 

Yeah if anyone tries that line with me about going high they might be the recipient of a suggestion from me to go have a conjugal visit with themselves.  Especially if they're fuck face supporters.  These people tried their best to destroy this country and I'm supposed to make nice with them.  Sorry, not happening.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You guys get CAKE?!  

Depending on location, yes, frequently. The democracy sausages are a mainstay, but the cake and now frequently coffee stall is a long standing tradition.

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Guy at desk: "you're from the White House and want to book space? Yeah, sure no problems." *hangs up* "OK, which of my moronic friends tried to prank me this time..."

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I would love for Trump to get so mad that he spills the dirt on all the cronies

I think he has too much self-preservation - he saw what happened to Epstein.

10 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I had a hard time at first because I know two women my age with the same name, but they both pronounce it like Pamela with a K. I've gotten used to Kamala Harris' pronunciation now, but it took some time.

Same, although I thought that might have been an accent thing playing into it as well. 

• Upvote 8

13 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Yeah if anyone tries that line with me about going high they might be the recipient of a suggestion from me to go have a conjugal visit with themselves.  Especially if they're fuck face supporters.  These people tried their best to destroy this country and I'm supposed to make nice with them.  Sorry, not happening.  

Why won't you give Nazis a chance? 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

Thinking about Rudy's trip to Four Seasons Landscaping:

image.png.35fe98ccde69a425abc37790855fa916.png

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 22
  • Love 1

Sadly, I can see this happening. It's like the jackpot for him: he can grift, scream about the libs, and have non-stop ego-stroking klan rallies.

image.png.e94c914807d4f24cc544f2bfd859335e.png

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sadly, I can see this happening. It's like the jackpot for him: he can grift, scream about the libs, and have non-stop ego-stroking klan rallies.

image.png.e94c914807d4f24cc544f2bfd859335e.png

Is TrumpTV still on?

• Upvote 2

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/republicans-have-urged-donald-trump-to-concede-gracefully-but-he-refuses-to-accept-defeat

Republicans are worried that Mr Trump could tarnish his legacy if he does not eventually make a graceful exit, eroding his future political power. “It will be impossible for him to run again in 2024 if he’s seen as a sore loser,” a congressional Republican source said.

:laughing-jumpingpurple:

• Haha 24

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Mr Trump could tarnish his legacy

It takes a lot to get me to "my head just exploded" territory, but I think they've done it.

Are they fucking kidding?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 11

Copeland manages to be both creepy and insane:

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My maternal unit was always the conservative in the family, being a Republican when only her parents were.  Everyone else in her side of the family were hard pipe hittin' Democrats.  She voted for President Obama in 2008 and I'm pretty sure for Biden this year.  She had made it clear earlier on there was no way in hell she was voting for fuck face in this election.   As I said after the networks called it she said fuck face was the biggest crybaby she had ever seen.  She's the same age as fuck face so that's saying a lot. 

• Upvote 11

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic