IGNORED

2020 Election Results 3: The Longest Episode of Democracy Ever

Destiny

@OldFadedStarThat is odd (and I'm curious as to how Don Jr. knew William Bradley died in 1984, since I scoured Find a Grave and the only William Bradley 1902-1984 has no birth place listed, and died in Alabama). However, Snopes.com has this to say from the spokesperson for MI's Secretary of State:

Ballots of voters who have died are rejected in Michigan, even if the voter cast an absentee ballot and then died before Election Day. On rare occasions, a ballot received for a living voter may be recorded in a way that makes it appear as if the voter is dead. This can be because of voters with similar names, where the ballot is accidentally recorded as voted by John Smith Sr when it was actually voted by John Smith Jr; or because of inaccurately recorded birth dates in the qualified voter file; for example, someone born in 1990 accidentally recorded as born in 1890. In such scenarios, no one ineligible has actually voted, and there is no impact on the outcome of the election. Local clerks can correct the issue when it is brought to their attention.

The accounts of voter fraud I've seen have been one-offs.... I don't think, with all the tech we have today, it would be possible to do widescale voter fraud and not get caught.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

The GOP has to be pooping themselves that GA is even this close.  Worst case scenario and Trump wins the R's still have a real problem on their hands.

Interesting site - getting data from same as what's powering NYT.

I find the math comforting, at least at the moment.

https://alex.github.io/nyt-2020-election-scraper/battleground-state-changes.html

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

If I were working inside this building, I would be freaking out at the thought of trying to get safely back to my car.

• Disgust 2
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 8

11 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

@OldFadedStarThat is odd (and I'm curious as to how Don Jr. knew William Bradley died in 1984, since I scoured Find a Grave and the only William Bradley 1902-1984 has no birth place listed, and died in Alabama). However, Snopes.com has this to say from the spokesperson for MI's Secretary of State:

Ballots of voters who have died are rejected in Michigan, even if the voter cast an absentee ballot and then died before Election Day. On rare occasions, a ballot received for a living voter may be recorded in a way that makes it appear as if the voter is dead. This can be because of voters with similar names, where the ballot is accidentally recorded as voted by John Smith Sr when it was actually voted by John Smith Jr; or because of inaccurately recorded birth dates in the qualified voter file; for example, someone born in 1990 accidentally recorded as born in 1890. In such scenarios, no one ineligible has actually voted, and there is no impact on the outcome of the election. Local clerks can correct the issue when it is brought to their attention.

The accounts of voter fraud I've seen have been one-offs.... I don't think, with all the tech we have today, it would be possible to do widescale voter fraud and not get caught.

Anyone else kinda somber wondering how many people voted early and died of covid before election day so their votes don't matter?  Idk how many but it's definitely a non-zero number of people.

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 11
  • I Agree 6

My bird can't take his eyes away either

75069409_image0(1).jpeg.01e3a4dbb3533274896efa1b9370f219.jpeg

(I shooed him off my computer right after this, but it was too good not to take a picture of)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 20
  • Love 14

David Perdue (R) has dropped to 49.9 percent in his Georgia Senate race. In Georgia a candidate must have at least 50 percent to avoid a runoff. There's already a runoff scheduled for January for the other Senate seat, with incumbent Kelly Loeffler (who claims ignorance about the Access Hollywood tape) trailing the Dem candidate. So Georgia may have two new senators in January.

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 3

6 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Anyone else kinda somber wondering how many people voted early and died of covid before election day so their votes don't matter?  Idk how many but it's definitely a non-zero number of people.

A friend of mine shared this on Facebook a few days ago:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/10/31/politics/voter-death-election-count-invs/index.html

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 4

15 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The GOP has to be pooping themselves that GA is even this close.  Worst case scenario and Trump wins the R's still have a real problem on their hands.

Interesting site - getting data from same as what's powering NYT.

I find the math comforting, at least at the moment.

https://alex.github.io/nyt-2020-election-scraper/battleground-state-changes.html

Thank you!  This is exactly what I've been hunting for all day.  I have been wanting to see the numbers myself.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Quite extraordinary.  They are openly asking the Supreme Court to step in and declare Trump the winner, despite what the states report.

Trump is going to lose Pennsylvania.  (Thank you, Philly!) The Supreme Court can't do a damn thing to stop it. 

• Upvote 13
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 2

11 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

If they use the Trump-appointed court to override democracy, I can't see the 72 million Biden voters sitting back and just accepting fascism.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 17

I'm not going to lie, I'm looking forward to the Menace speaking in a few minutes. I am hoping for the meltdown that I was denied all day on twitter. 

(I never said I was a good person.)

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 17
  • Love 4

4 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I'm not going to lie, I'm looking forward to the Menace speaking in a few minutes. I am hoping for the meltdown that I was denied all day on twitter. 

I see him calling the proud boys to move in

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Destiny said:

NO! NO! NO! This is the time he is finally going to step up as the leader of all Americans. He is going to be a uniter and not a divider. He is finally going to be respectful of his position and roll role. This is it. This is the time and President Trump that we all thought we’d eventually get.

GOTCHA?

Nay, too late; never gonna happen.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I’m nervous he will incite violence, but I also want to see him have a meltdown and I really want to see him cry. 

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 21

9 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I also want to see him have a meltdown and I really want to see him cry. 

I think he will go after the Republicans who aren't out there defending him and those folks will need to watch their backs as his fans are batshit crazy on toast. :pb_sad:

Link to CNN where you can watch him.

Edited by Cartmann99
added kink
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

16 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I’m nervous he will incite violence, but I also want to see him have a meltdown and I really want to see him cry. 

You are not wrong. He probably will, and in 20 min I will be furious, but for now, I'm grinning like a fool at his probable impending meltdown. 

Edit: for those without TV, here's the WH link for it.

Edit 2: @Cartmann99 The typo in your edit note is making me grin even wider. LOL. ;)

Edited by Destiny
Remove the Orange Menace's ugly mug
  • Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

Trump: Whine, bitch, deflect blame.

Lather, rinse, repeat. :2wankers:

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

MSNBC cut away from him after about 20 seconds.  "He's lying again...."

LOVE MSNBC for doing this-

“I won PA by a lot” WTF?

”Likewise in GA, I won.”

Does this dude not know how elections work? You don’t win anything until all the votes are counted.

Dumbest person in politics or most evil. Take your pick!

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 12
  • I Agree 10

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic