IGNORED

2020 Election Results 3: The Longest Episode of Democracy Ever

Destiny

8 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

I firmly believe that Trump was given sedatives or something to calm him down before his rant last night. He was way too calm and stuck to reading instead of his normal just talking. But it is just a matter of time before we finally see the Trump meltdown they have been trying to hide. Trump is not going to go down without a screaming tantrum. 

I bet people are fighting over who has to be in the room with him right now and who has to tell him the bad news. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 7

As of right now.. 

IL has only counted 88% of their vote

CA has only counted 77%

WA is 91%

MS is 80%

ND 91%

IA 92%

But no one is complaining about how long the votes are taking there. 

Source for these is CNNs map here

Edited by OldFadedStar
added source
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

This kind of crap is why, while I'm feeling optimistic, I'm not fully relaxing until after the inauguration.

Even if it's called today, and it's clear the people have spoken, Trump is going to litigate, bluster, threaten, tantrum, and do whatever it takes to try and steal the election back. 

I'm hoping he'll relent enough to try the old "LOL you LOSERS! I didn't want to be your president anyway! I'm outie!" thing, but I doubt that'll happen.

I'm with you.  and I am praying no one gets hurt.  Don't forget we have people out there arrested for a kidnap/murder plot against Gretchen Whitmer and Murder/rape plots against Biden and Harris, and the Biden family.

I just hope however angry the unbalanced get law enforcement can keep everyone safe.  (not just politicians but everyone.)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 14

11 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He'll be like the sad old drunk guy at the end of the bar, endlessly repeating his "greatest hits" while being ignored by everyone.

YES! This is exactly what I’m picturing!

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I firmly believe that Trump was given sedatives or something to calm him down before his rant last night. He was way too calm and stuck to reading instead of his normal just talking. But it is just a matter of time before we finally see the Trump meltdown they have been trying to hide. Trump is not going to go down without a screaming tantrum. 

I bet people are fighting over who has to be in the room with him right now and who has to tell him the bad news. 

My money is on Ivanka because when we were kids often my siblings made me ask my dad for stuff because he didn't yell at me the way he did at them.

And 100% agreement on sedatives.  

I hope you're right that we'll see a meltdown (and I know that makes me sound like a shitty person, but I am a shitty person so it's authentic) but I don't know that we will.  They might have him cloistered so we see some tantrums but not the true batshit that is happening behind the scenes.

I am half expecting him to refuse to concede but fire Fauci in a last ditch show of "power" so people start talking about something besides his loss.

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

According to federal law, state legislatures must obey the will of the people. Pennsylvania is not allowed to substitute Trump-voting electors.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Just now, HerNameIsBuffy said:

My money is on Ivanka because when we were kids often my siblings made me ask my dad for stuff because he didn't yell at me the way he did at them.

I think every family has the dedicated "asker" ?

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He'll be like the sad old drunk guy at the end of the bar, endlessly repeating his "greatest hits" while being ignored by everyone.

Change lose the drunk part and change bar to "inside my head" and you just described my life :) 

Seriously though, he will seek out supporters to soothe his ego with that stupid hero worship they do and it won't be enough.  N's are addicted to the adulation and he won't be able to get a big enough fix to soothe him for a long time if ever.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

7 minutes ago, OldFadedStar said:

As of right now.. 

IL has only counted 88% of their vote

CA has only counted 77%

WA is 91%

MS is 80%

ND 91%

IA 92%

But no one is complaining about how long the votes are taking there. 

Source for these is CNNs map here

NJ is at 73% and won't be done until at least next week. They won't even start counting provisional ballots until the 10th. But they get called at 0% reporting so no one notices

• Upvote 6

I hope Barron is with his grandparents or something, and being kept away from the worst of this. But that he's paying attention enough that he learns not to be like his parents and siblings. I hope no one on either side gets hurt. (Trumpster can go to jail, though. That'd be cool.)

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 3

@Giraffe, the SDNY is the Southern District of New York. They are busy investigating Trump Org and Trump for (among other things) tax fraud. As this is on a state level, he cannot be pardoned for it on a federal level.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 6

4 minutes ago, TuringMachine said:

NJ is at 73% and won't be done until at least next week. They won't even start counting provisional ballots until the 10th. But they get called at 0% reporting so no one notices

Exactly. MS had 6k votes counted when they called it for Trump. Right now I think they are at about 600k votes counted.. may be closer to 700k at this point

The vote is just a lot closer so the other states aren't calling it until they have a more definitive answer. It isn't like the states that haven't called it are taking longer to count their votes..

Edited by OldFadedStar
  • Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, livinginthelight said:

According to federal law, state legislatures must obey the will of the people. Pennsylvania is not allowed to substitute Trump-voting electors.

PA legislature has already said that they will not make any effort to override electors. I was wondering why they said that, and then I saw what Lindsey said.?

• Upvote 15

1 minute ago, clueliss said:

GOP Senator speaks out (against guess who)

"Very disturbing" sounds too much like "I'm concerned" for me.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 10

4 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

There's always a tweet...

image.png.2d0ac6960c47a7ef04ca4155f3acead6.png

This is the first time that asshole has tweeting anything my mother would have agreed with ?

• Upvote 11

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic