IGNORED

2020 Election Results 3: The Longest Episode of Democracy Ever

Destiny

BBC News thinks it’s too early to call Wisconsin for Biden, so it still has him on 243 electoral college votes. The Sky News channel had 253 last time I looked (last night), so counting Wisconsin, and then lots of other online sites (eg The Daily Telegraph and The Guardian) have 264, so including Arizona too. Interesting how different places have different reports. 
My brother and mother were watching the news on Tuesday night (I was in my room, half-watching YouTube videos/playing Minecraft on my iPad and half-checking for updates), we were all feeling tense! For me that tension has dissipated a little bit, mainly replaced by a feeling of “hurry the fuck up already!!” and shaking my head at Trump’s temper tantrums. 

Edited by mango_fandango
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

2 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

BBC News thinks it’s too early to call Wisconsin for Biden, so it still has him on 243 electoral college votes.

I wonder what their rationale is for that, given that the counting is done there, and the recount that the menace was going to request won't have a meaningful effect on the results if history is any indication. 

• Upvote 7

Regarding this tweet that @Destiny posted in the previous thread, I have no real idea what he's on about, but it looks like his feed has been hacked. It's being spammed to death with a weird message in Armenian script which according to twitter translate says...

Bloody Marie, Bloody Marie, Bloody Marie. we offer this man's flesh and blood for your eternal youth. The bloody death seizes his body and throws it into the darkness with his family. leave no one in his family. Bloody Marie, bloody

• WTF 13
  • Haha 1

Just now, Cartmann99 said:

@Destiny, in answer to your question on the previous thread, I saw this on Faux's website:

image.png.1e9c326622f28d17f4636ce35b2b9fd8.png

I'm not seeing a news story with more details. Sorry.

Thank you. I couldn't find anything. How that's a big victory idk, but he loves his fantasy world. 

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Stupid question but

I realize who Cindy mCain is - but how does her influence rule Arizona just because of who her husband is or what? I haven't seen her at all stumping ....is it because of her money?

carry on...

Just now, fraurosena said:

Regarding this tweet that @Destiny posted in the previous thread, I have no real idea what he's on about, but it looks like his feed has been hacked. It's being spammed to death with a weird message in Armenian script which according to twitter translate says...

That's a semi normal bot reply. It's not a hack, just someone who's replying a ton. I've always seen a lot of that kind of stuff when I scroll the comments on his feed.

• Thank You 6

Quoting @Audrey2from the last thread:

I would rather see the SDNY take Trump down than the house. I fear McTurtle will still have a hammerlock on the Senate, and this way Pelosi's hands are cleaner.

I thought of this.   I think the Dems will have a tough go of it trying anyway and better to focus on other issues as there's so much to do.    Let the SDNY do the work, they are at the ready and will have more legal firepower in this.    

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

From FiveThrityEight

The Trump campaign and other Republicans have filed multiple lawsuits in Pennsylvania, claiming various kinds of election-related irregularities:

A lawsuit filed in state court by the Trump campaign claiming that observers were not able to “meaningfully” oversee the count, and asking for the count to be stopped. On Thursday, a state appellate court issued an order guaranteeing that GOP ballot observers can watch the process within six feet. The order did not stop the count in Philadelphia, however.

Another lawsuit filed in state court by the Trump campaign and the RNC that tries to move up the deadline for when mail-in voters with missing ID information would need to provide that information. Currently the deadline is Nov. 12, but the Trump campaign wants it to be changed to Nov. 9.

Another state court lawsuit filed by Pennsylvania Republican candidates and voters, involving ballots that were corrected during the initial ballot-processing (“pre-canvassing”) period on Nov. 3.

A federal case filed by a Republican candidate objecting to the process of “curing” or correcting problems with mail-in ballots in Montgomery County, just outside Philadelphia. At a hearing yesterday, the judge in the case seemed skeptical that the Republican claims had affected the integrity of the election, and in any case, a relatively small number of ballots (fewer than 100) appear to have been affected.

The Trump campaign has asked to intervene as a party in the Supreme Court litigation over Pennsylvania’s ballot-receipt deadline, which was extended to Friday by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court. The Supreme Court has declined twice to overrule the deadline, but several conservative justices indicated that they might be willing to revisit the case, potentially throwing the validity of any ballots postmarked on Election Day that arrive in that three-day window into question. However, it’s also not clear whether a large number of ballots are actually arriving late — Pennsylvania Secretary of State Kathy Boockvar said on Wednesday that there are only “hundreds” so far.

tl;dr lots of smoke blowing, nothing that will likely have an effect on election outcomes.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6

@OldFadedStar I checked the MI website, but found no registration for the man you mentioned?

I also checked for myself (I live elsewhere) and my grandparents, who passed in 1998 and 2011. None of us are registered in MI (though my mom did claim she got an mail-in request for me).

I was hoping to wake up to more news today, buuuut everything still seems to be just where I left it last night!

• Thank You 3

Big legal loss in Georgia.

(I was tempted to put it in All Caps like Trump, but decided to spare you the shouting)

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 14
  • Love 2

I am feeling so nervous. But I also think I am going to feel nervous until Biden is sworn in and Trump is shuffled off to the side to tweet angry things. 

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 26
  • Thank You 1

10 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

@OldFadedStar I checked the MI website, but found no registration for the man you mentioned?

I also checked for myself (I live elsewhere) and my grandparents, who passed in 1998 and 2011. None of us are registered in MI (though my mom did claim she got an mail-in request for me).

I was hoping to wake up to more news today, buuuut everything still seems to be just where I left it last night!

I screenshot what I put in and what I got. 
I’m not blaming anyone on either side about this... but this is one of the arguments im seeing from pro trump people and I don’t have an answer for this 

C29FD1CA-D89C-4D90-BEB1-B3FDBDB9EB3A.jpeg

CCFDC50C-D781-402B-99F3-4438E93FF67F.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • WTF 2

11 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Big legal loss in Georgia.

(I was tempted to put it in All Caps like Trump, but decided to spare you the shouting)

Do you think he's attempted to punch a hole in the wall with one of his tiny fists yet? :wink-kitty:

• Haha 12

This isn't *actually* funny because it's our reality, but please join me in watching this clip. I absolutely lost it and cannot stop laughing.. mostly due to lack of sleep, anxiety levels, and my blood volume is prob 40% CBD/THC... but the memes just write themselves. You cannot make this shit up. 

• Haha 28

Allegheny Cty in PA (Pittsburgh)has halted counting for the day d/t a legal challenge on 29,000 mail-in ballots per CNN. Is this what Trump was referring to? The audio cut out while they were explaining why these ballots were set aside. WHY?2020

• WTF 6
  • Thank You 2

Hopefully this will be the election that convinces people to VOTE and makes people realize their votes do matter. You know things are close when there are lawsuits going on regarding 53 ballots.

Hopefully all those people proclaiming "All lives matter!" will agree that "All votes matter!" and must be counted.

Ha! Lol. Like that would happen.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

@kpmom said in the last thread: 

Losing Trump would be wonderful, but getting rid of Barr in the bargain would be beyond wonderful.  I imagine most ethical lawyers cringe when they see what the DOJ has become.

It's the normal practice for the attorney general (and other cabinet members) to submit their resignation on Inauguration day. There are at least two different Aaron Sorkin media pieces (The West Wing and The Trial of the Chicago Seven) where this is mentioned or depicted. 

5 minutes ago, Casserole said:

This isn't *actually* funny because it's our reality, but please join me in watching this clip. I absolutely lost it and cannot stop laughing.. mostly due to lack of sleep, anxiety levels, and my blood volume is prob 40% CBD/THC... but the memes just write themselves. You cannot make this shit up. 

That blank stare with the blink! 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

5 minutes ago, Casserole said:

I just fell in a little bit more love with Jake Tapper.

And although I have zero desire to hold public office in my future, this makes me want to run for something just so I can be sworn in on the Tao Te Ching.  Or maybe a Merriam-Webster Unabridged.  Or even my woodstove operator's manual.

• Haha 12
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, Destiny said:

I wonder what their rationale is for that, given that the counting is done there, and the recount that the menace was going to request won't have a meaningful effect on the results if history is any indication. 

Rationale here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-us-2020-54826493

They say that 99% of votes are in and the candidates are neck and neck. They’re using Edison Research/Reuters. Given that pretty much everywhere else considers Wisconsin to be done and Biden has won there, it makes me wonder when they’re going to update! 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

I just fell in a little bit more love with Jake Tapper.

And although I have zero desire to hold public office in my future, this makes me want to run for something just so I can be sworn in on the Tao Te Ching.  Or maybe a Merriam-Webster Unabridged.  Or even my woodstove operator's manual.

I'm still obsessed with Kyrsten Sinema and her choice to be sworn in as the first openly bisexual Senator with her hand on a copy of the US constitution instead of the bible. Icing on the cake, was Pence's clear discomfort swearing her in. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 11

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic