IGNORED

2020 Election Results 3: The Longest Episode of Democracy Ever

Destiny

From the previous thread, please let the SDNY handle Trump’s prosecution, and keep the feds out of it. I don’t want him getting pardoned, treated with kid gloves or if remanded to custody, being sent to some fancy while collar facility. I want him treated like every other person being prosecuted for a crime.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11

37 minutes ago, nst said:

Stupid question but

I realize who Cindy mCain is - but how does her influence rule Arizona just because of who her husband is or what? I haven't seen her at all stumping ....is it because of her money?

carry on...

The McCains are a very influential family in AZ. McCain was a longtime Republican Senator representing AZ. And yes, she has plenty of money. AZ is traditionally hardcore red Republican, but is starting to turn d/t many reasons among them new transplants (lots of Californians) and Latino/as immigrants.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

David Perdue dropped below 50% so Georgia is now looking at 2 runoff elections for US senate.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 4

It will be karma when Trump loses AZ. He should have shut up about John McCain, people in Arizona respect him. I am sure he is cheering for him to lose AZ.

Regarding Cindy McCain her family is a long time Arizona family they own Hensley Distributors, largest Anheuser-Busch distributor in the US, her family are a very large contributor to charities in AZ,. She and John funded a  McCain Institute at ASU one of their focus is Human Trafficing. She also has funded Drug Treatment Center for women also does a lot of work regarding drug prevention. Very involved in the community. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 9

NATE SILVER   NOV. 5, 12:28 PM

I’m not a decision desk, but I suppose I think Nevada is on the verge of being callable at this point. Two-thirds of the state’s population is in Clark County and Biden is gaining big in Clark County! Not sure I see the route for a Trump comeback.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 6
  • Love 2

I'm way excited you guys.. :D

i know it is not what many have hoped of, but he's slowly but surely getting his ass kicked! I keep refreshing the stats and my (not even english speaking) parents are getting really invested now too.

Yesterday, i explained both my mom and my dad why i was convinced that GA and PA hopefully would still turn and now they keep asking me if it has turned yet.. but I have a good feeling about this :D

• Upvote 4
  • Love 5

53 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

And although I have zero desire to hold public office in my future, this makes me want to run for something just so I can be sworn in on the Tao Te Ching.  Or maybe a Merriam-Webster Unabridged.  Or even my woodstove operator's manual.

Ah, now there is a list to play with. Let me see . . . possibilites . . . Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Handmaid's Tale, a music book of Mozart piano sonatas, God is Not Great, The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind (just for the fun of hearing newscasters have to say it as they covered my inauguration), Pat the Bunny . . .

ETA - the Mozart would be my serious choice, of course. ?

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 10
  • Love 3

Just now, thoughtful said:

Ah, now there is a list to play with. Let me see . . . possibilites . . . Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, Handmaid's Tale, a music book of Mozart piano sonatas, God is Not Great, The Origin of Consciousness in the Breakdown of the Bicameral Mind (just for the fun of hearing newscasters have to say it as they covered my inauguration), Pat the Bunny . . .

The Joy of Cooking.

• Haha 11
  • Love 1

This should be interesting to watch.

NATE SILVER  NOV. 5, 12:41 PM

A little inside baseball, but this dynamic may affect how different networks are handling Nevada. If you’ve called Arizona (which I don’t think you should have!), then a Nevada call would give Biden the election. But Nevada is probably callable at this point!

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

Just now, thoughtful said:

The Joy of Sex!

The Joy of Sexy Cooking! :laughing-rollingred:

• Haha 12

Thought you guys might enjoy the front page of one of the Irish newspapers this morning ??. It’s just a tabloid, not massively credible in terms of hard news, but a very popular paper! 

996B0F0E-AB03-4CBD-AC7E-CBC408DB476A.jpeg

• Upvote 13
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 18

51 minutes ago, Casserole said:

I'm still obsessed with Kyrsten Sinema and her choice to be sworn in as the first openly bisexual Senator with her hand on a copy of the US constitution instead of the bible. Icing on the cake, was Pence's clear discomfort swearing her in. 

Honestly I think everyone should be sworn in on the US constitution, after having been made to read and pass a test on it. Separation of church and state, y'all.

51 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

From the previous thread, please let the SDNY handle Trump’s prosecution, and keep the feds out of it. I don’t want him getting pardoned, treated with kid gloves or if remanded to custody, being sent to some fancy while collar facility. I want him treated like every other person being prosecuted for a crime.

Somebody slip him 3 or 4 dime bags of weed and let him get prosecuted for that!

Oh, wait. He's white. Nevermind.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 7

BBC News has finally updated to include Wisconsin for Biden, so it’s now 253. 

C62E2A2C-8833-4273-9A07-88FEE62DB82E.thumb.png.d3dd97bef722472ec9e87e23d0617e33.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

1 minute ago, Alisamer said:

Honestly I think everyone should be sworn in on the US constitution, after having been made to read and pass a test on it. Separation of church and state, y'all.

Somebody slip him 3 or 4 dime bags of weed and let him get prosecuted for that!

Oh, wait. He's white. Nevermind.

Swearing in on the Constitution for a job that is to defend the Constitution is just too logical for us, obviously lol. The most recent SCOTUS/ACB situation proves not *everyone* has read it or understands it... even though all immigrants looking for citizenship are fully tested on it. Yet our politicians are not. Like I said, too logical. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 10

4 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Amen to that (you should pardon the expression).

• Haha 9
  • Love 1

Final results in AZ will not be announced until Friday at 730pm. I need more alcohol too bad recreational weed will not be legal in AZ for another 90 days?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

8 minutes ago, IrishCarrie said:

Thought you guys might enjoy the front page of one of the Irish newspapers this morning ??. It’s just a tabloid, not massively credible in terms of hard news, but a very popular paper! 

996B0F0E-AB03-4CBD-AC7E-CBC408DB476A.jpeg

Tabloid actually tells the truth. Love it. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/11/03/upshot/network-race-call-tracker.html

For anyone still confused about all the differences in what is reported and "called," I again recommend this site. I know a few other people have posted it, as well. All we are seeing is what news outlets are reporting, based on counts they have gotten from sources in states and counties. None of is decided, just projected based on information. Assuming everyone is being honest and accurate, it may be a good picture of what is happening, but no official government decisions are involved.

Here's a screen shot of what is being said now, which is how it has looked for about 24 hours, I think:

image.thumb.png.9d26780c13da59bd58a2dc5e5b9d5502.png

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

The Constitution is what they should really use, since they're taking the oath to support and defend it. If I were in that position, I'd try to be sure my hand was clearly on the First Amendment itself. Most Trump supporters would completely fail the US citizenship test.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9

• Destiny locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic