IGNORED

2020 VP Debate October 7: Kamala Takes On Mother's Boy

GreyhoundFan

I’ve seen several FB memes saying “Maybe if these people had gotten their butts whipped as kids instead of timeouts, they wouldn’t have grown up to be looters and rioters.”

Thanks to everyone who took one for the team.  I was much better off watching the Yankees get their asses handed to them.

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 3

I just recently got done watching the debate , via this YouTube video 

Spoiler

( Starting at 14:57 )  My impression was that both candidates engaged in red herrings , and moving the goalposts .  They both were short on specific details pertaining to their policy proposals too .   And while I feel that Noncompete News Network's remarks might be said by some to have been painting with a negative broad brush the  situation in the American body politic ,  I do feel that Kamala Harris failed to drastically differentiate her ticket from that of the status quo .  If anyone is looking for extensive comprehensive social change , the Biden -Harris ticket is not going to satisfy .  But still , on the whole , the Democrats are still comparably preferable to the reactionary right Republicans .  

5 hours ago, smittykins said:

I’ve seen several FB memes saying “Maybe if these people had gotten their butts whipped as kids instead of timeouts, they wouldn’t have grown up to be looters and rioters.”

Thanks to everyone who took one for the team.  I was much better off watching the Yankees get their asses handed to them.

Boston-Tea-Party-Memes.jpg

• Upvote 3

Alexandra Petri writes such good satire: "An exclusive interview with the fly from the debate"

Spoiler

When I arrive at our meeting point, the fly of the hour is already reclining on an orange peel, rubbing its front legs together in a pensive manner. The fly looks relaxed, but its compound eyes sparkle. Unlike most celebrities, it is a little bit larger in person, though its features are delicate. It’s easy to see why so many eyes were drawn to it during the vice-presidential debate. Its dainty, gossamer-thin wings look touchable. It doesn’t seem a day over a day, but, in fact, it’s a little over that. I won’t specify how close it is toward the end of its 28-day lifespan — a lady never tells!

The following conversation has been edited and condensed for clarity.

So, you’re the fly from the vice-presidential debate.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

You were on Mike Pence’s head. From what I can gather of your age, you spent — that’s — that’s like if I were to spend a month on Mike Pence’s head. Maybe even longer. How long were those minutes for you?

BZZZZZZZZ

I’m trying to imagine what it must have felt like to spend the fraction of your life that you have spent listening to Mike Pence claim that justice was served for Breonna Taylor and insisting that it was “not true” that the president had failed to condemn white supremacists. I can’t imagine it. I guess that’s not really a question.

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The White House reportedly has a big fly problem. Is that where you hail from?

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

I’m sorry, I have to ask. I know that Reince Priebus spent a lot of his time in the —

BZZZZZZZZZZ

— White House swatting flies on the president’s orders, so I know the vice president has difficulty —

BZZZZZ

Did you think Susan Page was an effective —

BZZZZZZZZ

— moderator?

(The fly gives a conspiratorial twitch of its thorax that seems to invite me into a secret of our own making.)

And so when Vice President Pence was asked about — I’m sorry, whenever I interview anyone I feel like it’s just me talking and talking and then at the end I look at the transcript and I’m like, oh, I should have let them say something. But that’s the opposite of the problem that Mike Pence had tonight, not getting to talk.

BZZZZZZZZZZ BZZZZZ BZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Are you a fruit fly? Or do you mostly — if you could land on any substance, what would you land on?

(Very gracefully and with effortless cool, the fly deposits itself on a small pile of horse dung.)

• Haha 8