Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Lori Alexander 77: Back in Door County Again

Recommended Posts

SongRed7
14 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Based on her IG story, there were no masks in sight on the plane. 

And California is a hotspot right now.  

Also, did you see her tweet about Ken confronting protesters?  The whole family is self-righteous, holier-than-thou "my way is the only way."   UGH.....makes me want to hit something. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
kpmom
58 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

And California is a hotspot right now.  

Also, did you see her tweet about Ken confronting protesters?  The whole family is self-righteous, holier-than-thou "my way is the only way."   UGH.....makes me want to hit something. 

 

What protesters did Command Man Ken supposedly confront?  BLM?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usmcmom

Has this recent tweet been discussed?

Spoiler

96420AD4-72A2-4B00-9187-BE9EC860118B.thumb.jpeg.1b62616fc50fedd321e8b204e3c3d5c2.jpeg

 

  • Angry 2
  • Disgust 2
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
klein_roeschen
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Has this recent tweet been discussed?

  Hide contents

96420AD4-72A2-4B00-9187-BE9EC860118B.thumb.jpeg.1b62616fc50fedd321e8b204e3c3d5c2.jpeg

 

A little history lesson for dear Lori this fine morning:
There where no equal rights for women during the 3th Reich. The Nazis where right on par with quiverfullers on marry young and have all the children and where set on to reverse the small freedoms women got during the 1920s. The indoctrination of the children came with the mandatory membership in the Hitlerjugend (boys) and Bund Deutscher Mädel (girls). The only role for women the Nazis saw fit where that of the mother of many and the first feeding line of that ideology into the children and that was what the girls got feed in the BDM. The Nazis where that obsessed with "good, arian" babies that they invented a medal for women with many children. Even after the start of the war when the women where called to fill the positions of men in the industry, mothers of young children where excluded from that. IIRC in one of the former threads here we had the nazi approved mothering guide "The german mother and her first child" written by Johanna Haarer, a female physician and rabid follower of the Nazi ideology and how it is in many ways similiar to what Lori preaches about raising "godly" offspring.
I could write a lot more to show the pure stupidy Lori is so proud of, but it would be pearls before the geese and thats Lori we're talking about. She is proud to be stupid.

Edited by klein_roeschen
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
louisa05
6 hours ago, klein_roeschen said:

A little history lesson for dear Lori this fine morning:
There where no equal rights for women during the 3th Reich. The Nazis where right on par with quiverfullers on marry young and have all the children and where set on to reverse the small freedoms women got during the 1920s. The indoctrination of the children came with the mandatory membership in the Hitlerjugend (boys) and Bund Deutscher Mädel (girls). The only role for women the Nazis saw fit where that of the mother of many and the first feeding line of that ideology into the children and that was what the girls got feed in the BDM. The Nazis where that obsessed with "good, arian" babies that they invented a medal for women with many children. Even after the start of the war when the women where called to fill the positions of men in the industry, mothers of young children where excluded from that. IIRC in one of the former threads here we had the nazi approved mothering guide "The german mother and her first child" written by Johanna Haarer, a female physician and rabid follower of the Nazi ideology and how it is in many ways similiar to what Lori preaches about raising "godly" offspring.
I could write a lot more to show the pure stupidy Lori is so proud of, but it would be pearls before the geese and thats Lori we're talking about. She is proud to be stupid.

Thank you. Read the first post was prepared to say all of this. 
The Nazis also idealized old fashioned dress for women and girls: braids and skirts. Lori would have been thrilled with all of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoneyBunny

In her post about holidays, LazyLori mentions that Alyssa remembers the Christmas when the kids opened all their presents before their parents were up. Funny how Lori forgets to mention that, as a result, she beat her four kids with a slipper, locked them outside and went running upstairs in tears to Ken.

Yeah, we had some holidays like that in my family, too, but therapy and a lot of years have helped me remember the ones that weren’t quite so horrible. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hane

Someone made a fake Transformed Wife account and posted this before Lori’s vigilant underlings caught it and blocked it:

 

D6AE5AA2-0440-4E79-B3DA-D79EE1A80F41.jpeg

  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 11
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sarah92
Posted (edited)

Why do these people think it’s such a clever argument? It’s not and shows how detached they are from the work of feminist. Abusive assholes from all religions or atheism are open for criticism. I think he’s just salty because people are recognizing that calling oneself a Christian doesn’t give a person immunity from being considered as ass.  Furthermore, Muslim feminists have their own critiques for their culture/ religion and those voices should be amplified over white voices.  
 

Lori and her followers make themselves look like nasty people. They’re routinely rude to people asking simply questions. And 99% of the men that follower her are megalomaniac circus clowns who demean women on a regular basis. 
 

Edit: why does Lori even bring up Hitler? Doesn’t she realize half her followers are racist people who hate Jewish people? I just saw several antisemitic  comments on one of her recent posts . These people probably love hitler . 

E4752A7E-71CE-4C26-8748-63EA9D1CB205.png

Edited by Sarah92

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HoneyBunny

Alyssa posted a video on her instagram stories taken during a boat ride. Ken was steering and LazyLori was sitting there, legs crossed, with a big hat on. Actually, I’m surprised she even took that precaution against the sun. But the funny thing is that her presence actually shook me, kind of like seeing a teacher wearing a swimsuit during summer vacation. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Imrlgoddess

Aannndd Alyssa has made her account private again. 

It was open just a couple days ago.  

I guess Lori has finally caught on, if you're going to be a raging hypocrite, hide it well. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
usmcmom
34 minutes ago, Imrlgoddess said:

Aannndd Alyssa has made her account private again. 

It was open just a couple days ago.  

I guess Lori has finally caught on, if you're going to be a raging hypocrite, hide it well. 

I think it’s interesting that Alyssa has made her account private while on vacation with Lori. Emily also made her account private a couple years ago, while on vacation with Lori. Maybe if Lori stopped behaving so badly, her family would not have to keep everything a secret. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mango_fandango

“get yeeted into the fucking sun”

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

Yeah, I wish that too. Lori is... there are no words for her. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
EmiGirl
1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

“get yeeted into the fucking sun”

:pb_lol::pb_lol::pb_lol:

Yeah, I wish that too. Lori is... there are no words for her. 

Yea. I saw this group and asked to join. I couldn't resist because she totally should be yeeted. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IrishCarrie

Gotta say guys, I've been following Alyssa on Instagram and Door County is SPECTACULAR!!!

Being Irish, I didn't really have a context for what a lake house is and I guess I pictured a very rustic and back-to-nature cabin in the woods type of set up. I haven't seen any pics of the actual house yet but the general environment of it it is very sophisticated and well-manicured.

And as for tootling around the lake on what I consider a YOOGE boat - is that their's??! Just how fricken rich are these people??! And more importantly, why on earth should a woman of normal/below average means believe Lori has any understanding of or insight into her life???

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SongRed7
Posted (edited)
On 7/24/2020 at 7:27 PM, HoneyBunny said:

But the funny thing is that her presence actually shook me, kind of like seeing a teacher wearing a swimsuit during summer vacation. 

she also had on a very short dress/short set/romper or something. Now, I wear short shorts and skirts in the summer, but I thought that was a no-no for godly women. 

 

On 7/24/2020 at 7:48 PM, Imrlgoddess said:

It was open just a couple days ago.  

I guess Lori has finally caught on, if you're going to be a raging hypocrite, hide it well. 

I also get the impression that maybe Alyssa was getting private negative feedback about all their vacations, etc.  Purely speculation, but in one of her recent IG stories she made a point to say (about their latest vacation to door county) how the house was bought by her grandparents and now her parents owned it. Almost like she was explaining away or making excuses about the vacation (it's been in the family FOR YEARS!!) so as not to appear privileged.  I could be reading into it, but seemed almost defensive as she said it. 

Honestly, I don't begrudge anyone a hard earned vacation, good things in life etc.  But the way Alyssa's perfectly curated IG is, she gives that impression of wealth and luxury.  Remember all the Hawaii vacation pictures recently? Making a big deal of the new house?  Again, good for them....but she paints a picture of upper middle class privilege and wealth and "beautiful life TM" and then wants to be seen as just a "normal mom" trying to get by. 

Maybe people are sending snarky messages (I don't condone that) and she's feeling the heat.  She also may have gotten some mommy shaming (she shared video of her baby pulling up on a table and he was near a fan, etc)....and she's always holding herself up as a baby expert, too.

Again, I don't believe in mommy shaming either, But you can't have it both ways

 

Edited by SongRed7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melissa1977
On 7/22/2020 at 8:59 AM, klein_roeschen said:

IIRC in one of the former threads here we had the nazi approved mothering guide "The german mother and her first child" written by Johanna Haarer, a female physician and rabid follower of the Nazi ideology and how it is in many ways similiar to what Lori preaches about raising "godly" offspring

Lori has raised her children like that book says. Scheduling, training, with no physical comfort. 

Nazis wanted women to be in "kitchen, church and with children". Lori's way.

She's so absurd and ridiculous. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
lilwriter85
11 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Gotta say guys, I've been following Alyssa on Instagram and Door County is SPECTACULAR!!!

Being Irish, I didn't really have a context for what a lake house is and I guess I pictured a very rustic and back-to-nature cabin in the woods type of set up. I haven't seen any pics of the actual house yet but the general environment of it it is very sophisticated and well-manicured.

And as for tootling around the lake on what I consider a YOOGE boat - is that their's??! Just how fricken rich are these people??! And more importantly, why on earth should a woman of normal/below average means believe Lori has any understanding of or insight into her life???

 

This is what I constantly  question about many of Lori's followers. I've been taking breaks from reading Lori's FB, blog, and other fundie blogs off and on since last fall.  I have a high school classmate who is a very conservative Catholic. She has 9 kids and homeschools. Since last month, she has shared a bunch of Lori's blog entries on FB. Some are from years back that I remember reading. 

My classmate has also posted on her FB about financial issues recently because they are still paying a mortgage and her husband's work hours were reduced for a bit. She talked about being grateful that her mom and sister helped them out with money and a local non-profit which has been distributing food boxes to families need also helped them.  Like with Lori's other followers, I thought  of the never ending question of why would someone with constant money struggles would follow Lori's crappy blog.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frog99
4 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

This is what I constantly  question about many of Lori's followers. I've been taking breaks from reading Lori's FB, blog, and other fundie blogs off and on since last fall.  I have a high school classmate who is a very conservative Catholic. She has 9 kids and homeschools. Since last month, she has shared a bunch of Lori's blog entries on FB. Some are from years back that I remember reading. 

My classmate has also posted on her FB about financial issues recently because they are still paying a mortgage and her husband's work hours were reduced for a bit. She talked about being grateful that her mom and sister helped them out with money and a local non-profit which has been distributing food boxes to families need also helped them.  Like with Lori's other followers, I thought  of the never ending question of why would someone with constant money struggles would follow Lori's crappy blog.  

Because they don’t realize that much of what Lori has is due to the privilege with which she was born- they think if they follow her strict prescriptions, they will be “blessed” as well. They don’t have the mental energy for critical thinking because they are so focused on mere survival. I also think some people think suffering means they are holy and that God doesn’t want us to have dreams or nice things or whatever it is they are missing. Some of them don’t manage their time well and can’t figure out how some women can manage work and a household. And some are living in tiny houses with kazoos of kids which makes it that much harder to manage the household. 

And none of them recognize how hard it will be for their children when they are adults- it’s very hard to move from poverty to middle class and it’s only getting harder. Your legacy isn’t just the number of children you have- it’s how you equip them to be world changers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
crawfishgirl

I live on the other side of the country, and had never heard of Door County until I started following / snarking on Lori.  I recently saw an episode of Bizarre Foods on the Cooking Channel on TV, and it featured Door County.  It is a pretty place, and looks like a nice summer getaway.  It's more resort-like than it is rustic.  There is no way that Lori would go someplace rustic - she only likes to be pampered, and can't be bothered to exert herself.  This is the link to the description https://www.cookingchanneltv.com/shows/bizarre-foods-delicious-destinations/episodes/door-county , but I couldn't find a link that would play the episode for free. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brittbratkittykat

I can finally post! 
LONG time lurker here and so happy to join the Lori conversation!

I also found it interesting with Alyssa’s Instagram she seemed like she was trying to avoid Lori. I find it interesting she posts with her dad and not her mom.

I have about 101 theories about Alyssa too but that’s kinda beside the point, I’m only so comfortable talking about her cause she didn’t choose her mother and I think does try to distant herself from her via social media. She’s also the only one of Lori’s children with any kind of social media presents.

 And I’m also bothered her perfectly curated Instagram feed. Girl is literally a perfect eater and seemingly exercises all day. I think she really struggles deeply with perfectionism, and I know she was professional ballerina so that does make sense. Also having Lori for a mother who seems to comment and critique everything can’t help. 
Something I’ve always wondered about her though is if she feels like she was abused. Like I know she would never post or talk about that publicly but I would be really curious to hear The Alexander’s children perspective on there childhood and there mother.

I really hope and pray that they take what she says with a grain of salt. I also have a theory Lori isn’t so serve with her family and really amps it up for the internet but who knows 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Frog99
9 hours ago, brittbratkittykat said:

I can finally post! 
LONG time lurker here and so happy to join the Lori conversation!

I also found it interesting with Alyssa’s Instagram she seemed like she was trying to avoid Lori. I find it interesting she posts with her dad and not her mom.

I have about 101 theories about Alyssa too but that’s kinda beside the point, I’m only so comfortable talking about her cause she didn’t choose her mother and I think does try to distant herself from her via social media. She’s also the only one of Lori’s children with any kind of social media presents.

 And I’m also bothered her perfectly curated Instagram feed. Girl is literally a perfect eater and seemingly exercises all day. I think she really struggles deeply with perfectionism, and I know she was professional ballerina so that does make sense. Also having Lori for a mother who seems to comment and critique everything can’t help. 
Something I’ve always wondered about her though is if she feels like she was abused. Like I know she would never post or talk about that publicly but I would be really curious to hear The Alexander’s children perspective on there childhood and there mother.

I really hope and pray that they take what she says with a grain of salt. I also have a theory Lori isn’t so serve with her family and really amps it up for the internet but who knows 

Welcome!

Alyssa leaves her baby with her mother, is hyper focused on what he eats, and did sleep training from the start. If she’s getting pushback about her mother’s behavior or statements, she knows that people see Lori as abusive. 

Cassie doesn’t live in close proximity but I believe has defended her mother in the past. 

Ryan and his wife leave their 4 children with Lori regularly, and Lori has posted about how she has meanly responded to the oldest of their children (leaving her on a park path instead of waiting/helping her to get her sweater on) and it hasn’t been a deterrent. I believe she also posted about her son’s interactions with that same daughter- once force feeding her and another time denying food. 

Steven and Emily love in NY. I know she has posted about sleep training but I think they are probably the least like Lori. 

Also- a lot of focus is on Lori (rightly so) but we can’t ignore the fact that Ken didn’t intervene to protect his children. He also doesn’t discourage her current behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melissa1977
16 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

Steven and Emily love in NY. I know she has posted about sleep training but I think they are probably the least like Lori. 

Emily is extremely conservative and religious and publicy praised Lori's book. BUT her children are going to a public school, which makes me think she values education (and maybe she wants to have a job?).

In addition, she has an open facebook account where she critisized the government for putting inmigrant children in detention camps. So at least she has a bit of humanity, conversely to her in-laws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melissa1977
9 hours ago, brittbratkittykat said:

I’m only so comfortable talking about her cause she didn’t choose her mother and I think does try to distant herself from her via social media. She’s also the only one of Lori’s children with any kind of social media presents.

All Lori's daughters and daughters in law have social media accounts. Alyssa may be more open about that (she uses that for business), but all of them have accounts.

She distances because Lori can damage Alyssa's perfect and neutral image. But they spend time together, Lori babysits, Ken helps financially, etc. Alyssa's in-laws have always been Lori's friends, so all her social/family circle shares beliefs. Lori is getting crazier, but her basic beliefs had always been hateful and their relatives are not much better.

Years ago, Alyssa posted about wife submission. She looks sexy and modern, but inside she's similar to Lori. Probably less horrible than her mother (Lori's cruelty cannot be copied), but not great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
brittbratkittykat
Welcome!
Alyssa leaves her baby with her mother, is hyper focused on what he eats, and did sleep training from the start. If she’s getting pushback about her mother’s behavior or statements, she knows that people see Lori as abusive. 
Cassie doesn’t live in close proximity but I believe has defended her mother in the past. 
Ryan and his wife leave their 4 children with Lori regularly, and Lori has posted about how she has meanly responded to the oldest of their children (leaving her on a park path instead of waiting/helping her to get her sweater on) and it hasn’t been a deterrent. I believe she also posted about her son’s interactions with that same daughter- once force feeding her and another time denying food. 
Steven and Emily love in NY. I know she has posted about sleep training but I think they are probably the least like Lori. 
Also- a lot of focus is on Lori (rightly so) but we can’t ignore the fact that Ken didn’t intervene to protect his children. He also doesn’t discourage her current behavior. 

I know I thought her responds to Emma was atrocious. She’s a little girl you can stand there and wait!
I’m sure Alyssa does get pushback about Lori, which I think is right just cause Alyssa isn’t responsible for her mothers behavior. I’m sure she does get messages that Lori is abusive but that doesn’t mean she personally feels that way

Also disclaimer: basically play devils advocate all the time, I don’t want it to seem like I am defending Lori. I think she’s vile.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All Lori's daughters and daughters in law have social media accounts. Alyssa may be more open about that (she uses that for business), but all of them have accounts.
She distances because Lori can damage Alyssa's perfect and neutral image. But they spend time together, Lori babysits, Ken helps financially, etc. Alyssa's in-laws have always been Lori's friends, so all her social/family circle shares beliefs. Lori is getting crazier, but her basic beliefs had always been hateful and their relatives are not much better.
Years ago, Alyssa posted about wife submission. She looks sexy and modern, but inside she's similar to Lori. Probably less horrible than her mother (Lori's cruelty cannot be copied), but not great.

Oh she did? I didn’t see that tbh and I’ve gone though her whole IG
On Lori’s old blog she had some posts about John and Alyssa and I always kinda though they played up the submission thing for Lori’s benefit. I know they have similar (identical) food philosophies.
I also have to say I have always thought not a single family member or friend has jumped to Lori’s defense. Only Ken. Not her sisters not her children. No one publicly stands by what she is saying online which I find quite peculiar.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Melissa1977
14 minutes ago, brittbratkittykat said:

also have to say I have always thought not a single family member or friend has jumped to Lori’s defense. Only Ken. Not her sisters not her children. No one publicly stands by what she is saying online which I find quite peculiar

Cassi did. And Emily (or Stephen) also defended Lori and advised her book. I suppose they avoid to comment now, because the horrible people that post in Lori accounts. But there's no evidence they changed their beliefs at all. 

And Erin+Ryan are obviously comfortable with gradma Lori babysitting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.