IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

9 minutes ago, dramallama said:

They absolutely do.  Women are so often the worst enforcers of the patriarchy on other women.  Look at the aunts in Gilead, for example. 

(Also a white woman sick of white women's shit)

I think because I’m a white woman I’m around a lot of white women and hear what they say. It’s not just saying and pushing sexist things on other women. But it’s also defending and making light of men who do and say sexist things. Men don’t actually have to do a lot to keep patriarchy going. Women can do most of the work for them. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

If children are such a blessing, how come fundies never give their kids beds? Kressant posted about sleeping with her kids on the floor last night because of her back. They often lack water, the kids are often in obviously worn clothing, and they don't have beds?! Is the lack of government in Paraguay really worth all that?

Then again I remember the bedroom situation the Roberts kids would post, pictures of hammocks that the kids chose (probably because they didn't have to share a hammock like they had to share their bed. "Bedrooms" that were obviously not originally meant to be bedrooms (willy and edgar for awhile at least). Doesn't surprise me that they all have chosen to wait. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 1

Michael Holloway posted on FB that he's getting rid of his account and going to Parler. I do wonder if we're about to see less of a lot of fundies as they abandon public platforms for places more friendly to their views.

• Upvote 7

10 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Michael Holloway posted on FB that he's getting rid of his account and going to Parler. I do wonder if we're about to see less of a lot of fundies as they abandon public platforms for places more friendly to their views.

I don't think that would be a bad thing. 

Snark obviously keeps us kicking around here, but in the grand scheme, less fundie bullsh*t is not a bad thing. Let them shout it to each other. I dare say the rest of the world would be just fine if they *all* joined the Parler echo chamber & just left the world alone. 

But, unfortunately, it's all just bluster. When they leave IG - which IS FB - I'll take what they say somewhat seriously. But for now, they're just playing follow the leader & making a big deal about their "rights" and blah, blah, blah and running off to hide. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

46 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Snark obviously keeps us kicking around here, but in the grand scheme, less fundie bullsh*t is not a bad thing. Let them shout it to each other. I dare say the rest of the world would be just fine if they *all* joined the Parler echo chamber & just left the world alone. 

Eh, I worry a bit about what happens as people retreat further into the bubble. The facebook algorithm already feeds people false/biased info, but it does offer some half-assed fact-checking and keeps you in touch with your possibly-normal cousins and acquaintances. Im worried that Parler is going to aim a firehose of raw white supremacist and Q content at people who right now are "merely" Fox News-poisoned. That could push people over the line from regular cranks to violent ones.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I give Parler ~6 months before it gets shut down due to an attack (or attacks) being orchestrated on there.

In other news, I saw this today and thought of poor, dumb little John Boy and his KKKlan of Morons -

President Donald Trump told an ally that he knows he lost, but that he is delaying the transition process and is aggressively trying to sow doubt about the election results in order to get back at Democrats for questioning the legitimacy of his own election in 2016, especially with the Russia investigation, a source familiar with the President's thinking told CNN on Thursday.

You hear that, John Boy?  Even your God-Emperor Donald "Jesus Who?" Trump knows he actually did lose and this is all bullshit.  

You're in a cult.  Two, actually. Wake up.

Edited by dramallama
  • Upvote 8

43 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Eh, I worry a bit about what happens as people retreat further into the bubble. The facebook algorithm already feeds people false/biased info, but it does offer some half-assed fact-checking and keeps you in touch with your possibly-normal cousins and acquaintances. Im worried that Parler is going to aim a firehose of raw white supremacist and Q content at people who right now are "merely" Fox News-poisoned. That could push people over the line from regular cranks to violent ones.

This may sound funny or weird, but I think a place like Parler could actually cause a lot of disagreement amongst people in there. Not all trumpers and alt right people think exactly the same. There will be disagreements amongst smaller things. And it will get ugly. Because these people have no clue how to disagree respectfully. On FB they all can agree that FB is one big liberal conspiracy and they can hate on libs all they want. But when it’s just trumpers in one place, they won’t have a common enemy right in front of them to fight. So they’ll fight each other. Like many others, I don’t see Parler lasting. It will eventually die a slow painful death like all the other places these people have tried to use as an alternative.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

it's all just bluster.

I think you are right. Bethany Baird and Joy Duggar Forsyth both started Parler accounts but both are still posting on instagram. I suspect most of the bigger fundies are the same. I think it comes down to money. How many companies are offering sponsorships/brand affiliate status for Parler? They want the cash so they will keep posting on instagram/other mainstream social media.

I think they will save their more awful options for Parler....at least until they learn the internet never forgets - even on hate sites.

Edited by browngrl
spell check keeps changing parler to parker
  • Upvote 7

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This may sound funny or weird, but I think a place like Parler could actually cause a lot of disagreement amongst people in there. Not all trumpers and alt right people think exactly the same. There will be disagreements amongst smaller things. And it will get ugly. Because these people have no clue how to disagree respectfully. On FB they all can agree that FB is one big liberal conspiracy and they can hate on libs all they want. But when it’s just trumpers in one place, they won’t have a common enemy right in front of them to fight. So they’ll fight each other. Like many others, I don’t see Parler lasting. It will eventually die a slow painful death like all the other places these people have tried to use as an alternative.

I agree. That's a huge reason I say let them all run to the echo chamber. They'll soon realize it's not the evil Liberals who are the problem. They will definitely start tearing each other up over disagreements & whatever else they can come up with. 

I don't think Parler will last long for a whole host of reasons, but one of the biggest is self/internal combustion. 

The fundies who run to Parler will soon realize it's not just fundies playing, and every other sub-group will discover the same. 

trump is their unifier - but the fact is, trump is as derisive among his followers as he is with everyone else. He changes his "worst enemy" to suit his mood for the day, and not all in Parler are going to have the same enemy on any given day. Once they all lick each other's wounds over the Biden win, they'll start cracking & shattering amongst themselves. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 7

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

I agree. That's a huge reason I say let them all run to the echo chamber. They'll soon realize it's not the evil Liberals who are the problem. They will definitely start tearing each other up over disagreements & whatever else they can come up with. 

I don't think Parler will last long for a whole host of reasons, but one of the biggest is self/internal combustion. 

I think one big disagreement will be religion. I know a lot of trumpers identify as Christian but I’ve come across a lot of atheist trumpers as well.  

• Upvote 4

29 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think one big disagreement will be religion.

When it comes to fundies you KNOW they're going to be upset about the "wrong kinds" of Christians on Parler or anywhere else. This is why I give Parler less than year before it implodes. 

Assholes always get in fights with other assholes. 

• Upvote 7

8 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

If children are such a blessing, how come fundies never give their kids beds? Kressant posted about sleeping with her kids on the floor last night because of her back. They often lack water, the kids are often in obviously worn clothing, and they don't have beds?! Is the lack of government in Paraguay really worth all that?

Then again I remember the bedroom situation the Roberts kids would post, pictures of hammocks that the kids chose (probably because they didn't have to share a hammock like they had to share their bed. "Bedrooms" that were obviously not originally meant to be bedrooms (willy and edgar for awhile at least). Doesn't surprise me that they all have chosen to wait. 

Because children are a blessing.....to the parents.  Honestly I’ve never really seen any of the fundies ever demonstrate how parents should be blessings to their kids.  I don’t point specifically to lack of beds, or lack of running water,  there are parents around the world who love their children but cultural norms don’t dictate the American view of beds or privacy or they just simply can’t provide them.

But I have always been struck that it’s rare to never to hear them say that parents should be the blessings to the children.  

• Upvote 6

It's not just that some of Kressant's kids sleep on the floor. That's fine. Kids like sleeping on the floor. It happens.

It's the fact that her YOUNGEST children are currently sleeping on the floor...  directly next to an exterior door, of a single-story house that is situated in a rural area of Paraguay where Kress frequently finds venomous snakes, including a couple of species of pit viper. And they are experiencing super high water tables right now, which is going to drive more fauna to higher ground. 

It's not like sleeping in a bed is going to save someone from a life-threatening snake bite, but it just seems incredibly poor judgement to put the toddlers next to an exterior patio door to sleep on the floor during flood season in a venomous snake-prone region.

Kress is such a mystery to me. On the one hand, she infantilizes her younger children to a really weird degree. Every kid under the age of 5 seems to regularly take a pacifier and bottle, and unless she's made some changes recently, there are 3 cribs in Kress and Mike's room. Suggesting the three youngest still sleep in cribs (aged 5 and under at the point I saw the pic this summer). And yet the kids 8+ are working on construction projects, are playing in a massive pit unattended, and are dispatched to kill the venomous snakes that Kress finds around the house. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 5

2 hours ago, treemom said:

Because children are a blessing.....to the parents.  Honestly I’ve never really seen any of the fundies ever demonstrate how parents should be blessings to their kids.  I don’t point specifically to lack of beds, or lack of running water,  there are parents around the world who love their children but cultural norms don’t dictate the American view of beds or privacy or they just simply can’t provide them.

But I have always been struck that it’s rare to never to hear them say that parents should be the blessings to the children.  

You have a good point that cultural norms are shaping my expectations for what a parent should provide but I guess that's part of the mystery to me - they were raised in roughly the same culture. And yet you have people like Kim from in a shoe whose kids used to sleep on shelving from Costco. Kress grew up with parents who bought two houses, who could afford several out of country adoptions. 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

It's the fact that her YOUNGEST children are currently sleeping on the floor...  directly next to an exterior door, of a single-story house that is situated in a rural area of Paraguay where Kress frequently finds venomous snakes, including a couple of species of pit viper. And they are experiencing super high water tables right now, which is going to drive more fauna to higher ground. 

This concerned me as well. Wet weather & flooding not only bring critters to higher ground -- they also come inside structures where it's drier. 

Not sure why anyone would think it's a good idea to sleep on the floor in that situation.

• Upvote 5

7 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

It's not just that some of Kressant's kids sleep on the floor. That's fine. Kids like sleeping on the floor. It happens.

It's not like sleeping in a bed is going to save someone from a life-threatening snake bite, but it just seems incredibly poor judgement to put the toddlers next to an exterior patio door to sleep on the floor during flood season in a venomous snake-prone region.

Kress is such a mystery to me. On the one hand, she infantilizes her younger children to a really weird degree. Every kid under the age of 5 seems to regularly take a pacifier and bottle, and unless she's made some changes recently, there are 3 cribs in Kress and Mike's room. Suggesting the three youngest still sleep in cribs (aged 5 and under at the point I saw the pic this summer). And yet the kids 8+ are working on construction projects, are playing in a massive pit unattended, and are dispatched to kill the venomous snakes that Kress finds around the house. 

Working on construction sites without shoes or any protective gear of any kind. 

But, they are raising their version of manly men. Which, from the outside, looks like raising uneducated little boys never maturing beyond 15 who can jump across beams on a construction site and make babies with their teen brides. 

• Upvote 11

Maybe I misunderstood her post but I thought that they were just hanging out on the ground with her for the day while she laid on her back,  not that they were all sleeping there. I need to go check again. I do agree though that they allow the kids lots space to roam in terrain that is unforgiving and frequently dangerous. 

• Upvote 2

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

This may sound funny or weird, but I think a place like Parler could actually cause a lot of disagreement amongst people in there. Not all trumpers and alt right people think exactly the same. There will be disagreements amongst smaller things. And it will get ugly. Because these people have no clue how to disagree respectfully.

This. Plus, if the FBI is ever allowed to have any kind of budget for monitoring domestic terrorists, it will be convenient to have them all discussing in the small pond that is parler their plots to assassinate politicians they don't like. 

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1

Campbell posted the video of how she found out she was pregnant and how she told John.  There was a lot of tears.  I definitely got the "I'm actually finally pregnant vibe" from it.  It pulled at my crusty heartstrings since I struggled with infertility.  It almost made me happy that the cult gets another member.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, JMO said:

Campbell posted the video of how she found out she was pregnant and how she told John.  There was a lot of tears.  I definitely got the "I'm actually finally pregnant vibe" from it.  It pulled at my crusty heartstrings since I struggled with infertility.  It almost made me happy that the cult gets another member.  

You know what it made me think? That Campbell getting pregnant after 2 years is about a million times more special than Alyssa Morton getting pregnant every five minutes. Sorry but I call bullshit on fundies saying all their babies are equally special. I can pretty much guarantee this pregnancy was treated way more special in the Morton family than Alyssa’s yearly announcement. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

Meh.  Maybe I'm a Grinch but I'd prefer 1000 fundies to suffer the pain of infertility than 1 more child have to grow up in their cult

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

I can't find anything even remotely happy or positive about a child being born with John as its father & growing up in the Morton bubble. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You know what it made me think? That Campbell getting pregnant after 2 years is about a million times more special than Alyssa Morton getting pregnant every five minutes. Sorry but I call bullshit on fundies saying all their babies are equally special. I can pretty much guarantee this pregnancy was treated way more special in the Morton family than Alyssa’s yearly announcement. 

I want to also add that by now, the Duggars are probably the same way. They can say “saying you can have too many children is like saying you have too many flowers.” Well damnit you can have too many fucking flowers. And you can have too many kids. Something the Duggars did have too many of. And now that they are all having grandkid after grandkid, they can act like they are all equally special. But they aren’t. To JB they are just one more notch on his belt for his fundie army. It’s all about the numbers to him. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10

Surprising no one it looks like they did a huge Morton Thanksgiving.  Campbell posted a video two days ago where she had 8 pumpkin pies that she baked and there were some pics on other accounts yesterday.   Addie even posted that they went to both houses yesterday.  I'm not surprised at all, but if they all got sick, Papa Morton's in a super high risk category. 

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, JMO said:

Surprising no one it looks like they did a huge Morton Thanksgiving.  Campbell posted a video two days ago where she had 8 pumpkin pies that she baked and there were some pics on other accounts yesterday.   Addie even posted that they went to both houses yesterday.  I'm not surprised at all, but if they all got sick, Papa Morton's in a super high risk category. 

I’m sure they all get together regularly and have for the past 8 months. It’s just another day in Moronland. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic