IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

I wonder what college that was? And what a waste of a chance for education although I'm sure that her former classmates were happy to see her go.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, JMO said:

I wonder what college that was? And what a waste of a chance for education although I'm sure that her former classmates were happy to see her go.

Since she's in Georgia, maybe Agnes Scott? If so, that scholarship would have been worth a good chunk of change.

• Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Since she's in Georgia, maybe Agnes Scott?

That was my guess -- it's one of the oldest, if not the oldest, women's colleges in the South.

You do wonder how she did academically while in college, and if, just maybe, her academic record had anything to do with her leaving.

• Upvote 4

Sarah is a twit. She thinks extremely highly of herself and her life. Everyone else is, in her words, unlovable apparently. 

She says As it turns out, the school had changed drastically,,,Changed drastically from what? Her imagination? That's not the school's fault, it's hers for choosing to skip over reality & live in her little bubble. 

The Mortons & their friends are all seething over trump's failures. They refuse to accept it - can't accept it - and all the Morton boys are sharing the same conspiracies in their IG stories. All proven false, or so factually wrong that they're not even touched by the frivolous law suits their dear leader is attempting to "win" with. 

They, as a group, are all pretty much the same. Their way is right, everyone else is wrong and ungodly and evil and unlovable. They were personally wronged, whether it's the Morton boys & their pretending to know politics or Sarah & her pretending to know women. 

I'm just glad they're all mostly in the back woods of small town Georgia where they do a whole lot of shouting & whining but nothing more. Sure, they vote, but that's not really hard or work. Not a one of them actually gets involved in anything they claim to be so passionate about. Not one of them actually participates. They just sit there & whine. They're pretty useless. So, let them shout & cry. Let Sarah live in her magical world of girly girl roles & the Morton manly men pretend they are relevant with QAnon posts and memes. They aren't even representative of their state. 

Evangelicals are dangerous and have done serious damage to our country, but these people are too entitled & lazy to even be part of that. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Sarah is a twit. She thinks extremely highly of herself and her life. Everyone else is, in her words, unlovable apparently. 

She says As it turns out, the school had changed drastically,,,Changed drastically from what? Her imagination? That's not the school's fault, it's hers for choosing to skip over reality & live in her little bubble. 

The Mortons & their friends are all seething over trump's failures. They refuse to accept it - can't accept it - and all the Morton boys are sharing the same conspiracies in their IG stories. All proven false, or so factually wrong that they're not even touched by the frivolous law suits their dear leader is attempting to "win" with. 

They, as a group, are all pretty much the same. Their way is right, everyone else is wrong and ungodly and evil and unlovable. They were personally wronged, whether it's the Morton boys & their pretending to know politics or Sarah & her pretending to know women. 

I'm just glad they're all mostly in the back woods of small town Georgia where they do a whole lot of shouting & whining but nothing more. Sure, they vote, but that's not really hard or work. Not a one of them actually gets involved in anything they claim to be so passionate about. Not one of them actually participates. They just sit there & whine. They're pretty useless. So, let them shout & cry. Let Sarah live in her magical world of girly girl roles & the Morton manly men pretend they are relevant with QAnon posts and memes. They aren't even representative of their state. 

Evangelicals are dangerous and have done serious damage to our country, but these people are too entitled & lazy to even be part of that. 

I agree. The Morton’s are pretty low on the list of dangerous FJ fundies since they mostly just whine. But their friend TAM is more dangerous since she has such a large audience on FB. That sucks. She’s always begging for donations even though she lives in a huge expensive home. I can’t believe people donate to such a scammer.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

TAM is a totally different animal from the rest of these small-time bloggers (or former bloggers, in the Mortons' case). Nearly a million followers, features on right-wing talk shows, connections to politicians. She's part of the disinfo machine that's clearly undermining elections and fomenting violence. Her page pushes crap that I hear about in conspiracy theories from my stupider relatives and former classmates months later. Lifestyle influencers and train-wreck family bloggers don't even compare.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I can’t believe people donate to such a scammer.

I can. Look at Paula "Tongues" White and all the Christian mega-church pastors. 

In the world of fundie Christians, there's a sucker donating to a demagogue every nano-second.

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

TAM is a totally different animal from the rest of these small-time bloggers (or former bloggers, in the Mortons' case). Nearly a million followers, features on right-wing talk shows, connections to politicians. She's part of the disinfo machine that's clearly undermining elections and fomenting violence. Her page pushes crap that I hear about in conspiracy theories from my stupider relatives and former classmates months later. Lifestyle influencers and train-wreck family bloggers don't even compare.

It’s crazy that she started out similarly to the other fundies. She’s friends with old VFers like the Mortons and Campanas. She was a nobody just a few years ago. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, fundiefan said:

I'm just glad they're all mostly in the back woods of small town Georgia where they do a whole lot of shouting & whining but nothing more.

I'll be even more glad when they all pack up everything including their armory and move to Paraguay.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

She thought that a woman’s college in the... 2010’s? 2000’s? Was going to be My Fair Lady? What?! That makes no sense. How she was smart enough to get a full ride scholarship to an academic college but dumb enough to not know what her course load would be. 

• Upvote 8

"The campus is well over one hundred years old, steeped in history and tradition. I imagined us girls balancing books on our heads, attending socials and learning about the arts. Let’s just say I was off by about 60 years."

This is a quote from Sarah's blog post "How to convince people to live like you think they should". 

For someone who claims to have had a full ride scholarship she seems woefully uneducated and unprepared and the things she claims her professors said sound made up. She calls herself a writer but her entire post seems like a jumbled mess and entirely inadequate to convince me to live the way she thinks I should.

• Upvote 11
  • WTF 1

13 minutes ago, browngrl said:

"The campus is well over one hundred years old, steeped in history and tradition. I imagined us girls balancing books on our heads, attending socials and learning about the arts. Let’s just say I was off by about 60 years."

This is a quote from Sarah's blog post "How to convince people to live like you think they should". 

For someone who claims to have had a full ride scholarship she seems woefully uneducated and unprepared and the things she claims her professors said sound made up. She calls herself a writer but her entire post seems like a jumbled mess and entirely inadequate to convince me to live the way she thinks I should.

She thinks very highly of her writing, just like everything else about herself she thinks highly of. I've never been impressed. She claims to have written a book but has been rejected by everyone she's gone to to publish it (no idea of any were legitimate publishers/editors) and now she's asking her "2,000 + friends (note; the 2,000 + friends is mentioned because you might forget that she has 2,000 + friends, she's just that great)  if they have any connections. Her "book" is essays and "Christian", lest you forget she's a Christian and a writer who writes essays

Her uneducated, programmed, ignorant arrogance is matched only by Natty Darnell's. 

• Upvote 13

Now that Georgia has been called - for Biden - I imagine the compound is near flood stage with little white boy tears. 

And I am here for it!

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

33 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Now that Georgia has been called - for Biden - I imagine the compound is near flood stage with little white boy tears. 

And I am here for it!

Here for it as well -- gloating is fun! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

On 11/11/2020 at 3:28 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

We've talked about Sarah Shearer a bit in this thread, and her latest blog post is total FJ bait. Title: "How to convince people to live like you think they should: my journey into anti-feminism and true womanhood."

https://sarahdshearer.wordpress.com/2020/11/10/how-to-convince-people-to-live-like-you-think-they-should-my-journey-into-anti-feminism-and-true-womanhood/

She can't seem to decide if traditional gender roles are something she totally chose on her own because she just happens to like them, OK??? Or if they're something that everyone NEEDS to follow. Of course her wants and feelings are totally natural and uncoerced but if her peers feel differently it's because they're deceived.

I'm kind of interested in how she managed to get a full ride to a women's college while knowing so little about the campus that she would leave in shock a few months later after hearing a handful of anodyne comments about gender equality? I'm sure there's a lot of sunk-cost fallacy keeping her from changing her mind, now that she's turned down an expensive education for the sake of the opinions she held at 19. 

She reminds me a lot of Tim Rodrigues. I also think it was a lot more work than she expected. 

• Upvote 1

Sarah Shearer is the unfortunate result of small-town religious indoctrination blended with an enforced inferiority complex because she was adopted by "baby saviors". She's posted old newspaper articles on her social media in the past that date back to the time that she first came from the Russian orphanage. Her mother made it pretty clear in the snippets I've read that Sarah would be raised to understand to "know the Lord", and also how "fortunate" she was.

The Mor'ons have been posting Pizzagate memes and conspiracy theories since the middle of the Obama presidency. The fact that trump lost is frankly immaterial. They'd be posting more if he won (gotta own the libs!), but there's no way they'd have stopped entirely. For the most part, I think that's the limit of their interest in raging against the political machine. At least for the older kids. However, I suspect it's only a matter of time before one of the younger sons gets involved in something worse than shitposting on instagram.

• Upvote 11

They'll never change and I don't expect them too. They're in deep, every one of them. It's part of who they are. 

But I will still enjoy knowing that they are surely discombobulated as they try to figure out how to proceed from here. As soon as their wounds are licked & their tears are dry, they'll be right back at it. I'd expect nothing less. Actually, I'd bet they'll go even deeper into Qanon theories as they do their best to push back hard. They'll be fighting for their lord & master trump even when he's finally out of the White House. Until the new GOP master makes himself known in a year or so. 

They are perfect Qanon targets & it exists entirely because of people like the Mortons. They swallow that shit whole. 

But, the world is not theirs and they are entitled to nothing. The little boys who are married & think they're men because they can have sex & make babies are my favorites to watch because they're just so....expected. Typical. Entitled little boys who think they know it all & aren't afraid to show it. 

Of course, Kressant & her lack of education shines through in her IG stories from Paraguay. But, she's easy enough to discount because, as their own rules proclaim, she's just a breeder & not to be taken seriously. She's a parrot for the manly men in her life. 

• Upvote 6

Agreed @fundiefan. And I think that Marth is even more of an example than Kress of being a parrot. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to stop following the young Mortons/Campanas. I can't take the nonsense anymore.  Ashley Sayler is another one. I need to cut out the BS in my feed. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

15 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

The Mor'ons have been posting Pizzagate memes and conspiracy theories since the middle of the Obama presidency. The fact that trump lost is frankly immaterial. They'd be posting more if he won (gotta own the libs!), but there's no way they'd have stopped entirely. For the most part, I think that's the limit of their interest in raging against the political machine. At least for the older kids. However, I suspect it's only a matter of time before one of the younger sons gets involved in something worse than shitposting on instagram.

I've noticed recently that Samuel Morton has been posting a tonne of IG stories full of the Q nonsense. It never fails to astonish me that fundies are so willing to worship the Cheetoh as well. 

• Upvote 5

John posted a pic of him & the wife holding passports. Hopefully, they're off to Paraguay. Even a two fewer evangelicals leaving at a time gone is a a good thing. 

I can't imagine there are many other places they could actually go. I know not all countries have locked down again, but most have. We know they won't be touring Europe to become educated in culture & history. Even if Europe were open to Americans, history & culture aren't the Morton bag. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

John posted a pic of him & the wife holding passports. Hopefully, they're off to Paraguay. Even a two fewer evangelicals leaving at a time gone is a a good thing. 

I can't imagine there are many other places they could actually go. I know not all countries have locked down again, but most have. We know they won't be touring Europe to become educated in culture & history. Even if Europe were open to Americans, history & culture aren't the Morton bag. 

I'm sure it's to a beach destination. Andrew and Kennedy seem to be big fans as well.

• Upvote 5

Do we know what lil' John does for a living? Is he employed in the family construction business? And does Campbell work somewhere? Even for someone living in a probably very affordable area they definitely seem to travel a lot. Of course, they have no student loans to pay, but they still cannot be swimming in money.

On another note, I admit that one of the perks of seeing Biden win has been the schadenfreude of the Mortons losing their shit. Especially when Georgia went to Biden, too. Suck that, Mortons.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic