IGNORED

8 Passengers: Youtuber's Take Son's Bed and Refuse to Give Daughter Lunch

Glasgowghirl

So Ruby is deep in the connexions cult, Kevin and Ruby have been separated for awhile and divorcing/divorced, Shari is at college and has cut off her parents, Chad is supposedly living with Kevin. On Mother’s Day, Shari posted about her aunts, not her mother. That says it all. I have a feeling all of those kids will be moving out at 18 and will have very little contact with Ruby and possibly Kevin. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Shari also did a fathers day post where she posted about her uncles and grandpas and nothing about Kevin. Ruby really is completely brainwashed into that connections cult, but what is up with Kevin? why is he also absent from his kids life?

I have heard Chad is living on his own since he was 17. But Shari was very clear she is not in contact with any close family member so that includes him too. It is quite sad because the siblings looked like they were close. 

• Upvote 5

51 minutes ago, llucie said:

Shari also did a fathers day post where she posted about her uncles and grandpas and nothing about Kevin. Ruby really is completely brainwashed into that connections cult, but what is up with Kevin? why is he also absent from his kids life?

I have heard Chad is living on his own since he was 17. But Shari was very clear she is not in contact with any close family member so that includes him too. It is quite sad because the siblings looked like they were close. 

Once all the kids are grown, maybe they will get together. Sometimes breaking ties with your parents means breaking ties with your siblings too. Because there’s so much trauma, resentment, hurt, and just being afraid the other siblings may go tell mom and dad what you said. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

On 6/22/2023 at 2:01 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Kevin and Ruby have been separated for awhile and divorcing/divorced

Where did you see this? I was wondering what their status is but couldn’t find anything.

• Upvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

42 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Where did you see this? I was wondering what their status is but couldn’t find anything.

It seems to be all over the internet. I’m surprised you didn’t see anything. Maybe it’s not confirmed by them. But it’s been speculated since last year that they are separated. It’s like when Shoshanna Pearl Easling divorced. She’s never come out and said it. But it’s pretty obvious. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar

I thought it was verified thru I known sources that at one point Kevin wasn’t living in the home.  But marital status was unknown.  (And I could be wrong).

it is telling though that Shari has broken contact with both parents and all siblings.  She’s in contact with her mother’s family.  And her fathers day post on Instagram had an array of men from Ruby’s family, but not Kevin.  

• Upvote 2

• 2 months later...

Shari posted on her stories. One photo showed a police car and the next one mentioned CPS. Looks like the kids living at home have been taken away and are safe. 

7887A690-981E-413D-8688-137E0A9898DB.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, lis1320 said:

Shari posted on her stories. One photo showed a police car and the next one mentioned CPS. Looks like the kids living at home have been taken away and are safe. 

7887A690-981E-413D-8688-137E0A9898DB.png

I really hope the kids can live with relatives. Not go into the foster care system. 

• I Agree 9

I am glad Jodi was arrested. Everyone has been saying she’s a cult leader and Connexions is a cult. And every video I’ve seen if those two gave really culty vibes. 

But my question is about Ruby’s ex. Does he have zero visitation? Because if he does have visitation, wouldn’t he see signs of abuse or neglect? If he had no visitation, then I guess that would make more sense. 

• Upvote 8

18 minutes ago, LorEl said:

Hasn’t he been arrested too?

edit: I thought I read it on another site.

I thought they were separated and divorcing. 
But if they aren’t separated and he was abusing the children along with Ruby, I hope that he was arrested. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I am glad Jodi was arrested. Everyone has been saying she’s a cult leader and Connexions is a cult. And every video I’ve seen if those two gave really culty vibes. 

But my question is about Ruby’s ex. Does he have zero visitation? Because if he does have visitation, wouldn’t he see signs of abuse or neglect? If he had no visitation, then I guess that would make more sense. 

Are we sure this is about Ruby’s kids and not kids being “cared for” by Jodi and Ruby?

And where is Chad?

7 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Are we sure this is about Ruby’s kids and not kids being “cared for” by Jodi and Ruby?

And where is Chad?

Shari and Chad moved out. 

Shari seemed to confirm they are her four youngest siblings based on her posts. 

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

I honestly can’t get over this. We all realized how wrong they were but to go down like this… Family channels and people who think they are know everything about raising kids are often the absolute worst of the worst. So ironic.

I bet they will blame the establishment for being “distorted” and present themselves as victims.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, Pleiades_06 said:

I honestly can’t get over this. We all realized how wrong they were but to go down like this… Family channels and people who think they are know everything about raising kids are often the absolute worst of the worst. So ironic.

I bet they will blame the establishment for being “distorted” and present themselves as victims.

I think Ruby was always abusive. Her abuse always seemed to be emotional/mental and neglectful. She admitted to it on their channel. But she would frame it as discipline. But my guess is that things got even worse when she joined up with Jodi. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6

I’m literally just starting a YouTube video from Jordan and McKay on this and popped in here to see if anybody was talking about it and had posted about it. The likes of them for.

Spoiler

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I thought they were separated and divorcing. 
But if they aren’t separated and he was abusing the children along with Ruby, I hope that he was arrested. 

They were separated but not divorced. I dont know if he had visitations with the kids or not. I guess if he had it was an informal agreement betwen him and Ruby. But Kevin actually bought into the Conexxions cult too and was a member, even did videos for it back in the day. He was a profesor at BYU until last year and it seems likely that his conexion with the "cult" is what got him to lose his job.

Since he was not also arrested i asume he had not seen the kids recently because no way he didnt notice such levels of abuse otherwise. He made a statement trough his lawyer that he is trying to get the kids custody now. I really think he should have fought for them sooner. In their old vlogs he always seemed like an absent parent and he definetely supported the abuse, like punishing Chad without a bed for months, or sending him to the wilderness camp. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

Well, this one made the front page of Fox News. Online not the TV.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/youtube-mommy-bloggers-arrested-allegations-child-abuse-finally

Also, on that screenshot of Shari's Instagram above. The shot I saw immediately after that when I was on Instagram last night indicated that Shari is looking for links to videos for 8 passengers content that shows problematic behavior from her parents.  There was also a Google docs link to a list of materials she had collected. I didn't click on it to look but figured I would share this data in case somebody did have links that needed to be shared.

What I understand are acknowledge of the arrests and what have you. The county that Ruby and Jody were arrested in has online bookings. That people were able to get in and see. However, Utah county where Kevin was does not necessarily have online bookings and is harder to get to. Or at least that was the status per Jordan and McKay very late on the 30th.

• Upvote 7

On 6/9/2020 at 1:30 PM, llucie said:

The mother usually ask very personal questions to the kids on camera, and then while they reply instead of looking at them, she looks directly at the camera, like she is recording some weird documentary on her kids and is completely detached from them.

It is interesting to look back at what i had written about Ruby back in the day. I think when i mentioned this i was specifically thinking about a video where she seems to have a completely detached expresion towards the camera while her kids were talking about not having any friends as a consequence of their parents rules.

I also had written in another post that her treatment of Chad was the most clear case of a scapegoat i had seen. Its sad that his abuse was so public but aparently not enough for CPS to do anything about it. 

I truly believe Ruby is a sociopath and she just happened to run into another one in Jodi and they enabled each other.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

33 minutes ago, llucie said:

Its sad that his abuse was so public but aparently not enough for CPS to do anything about it. 

Their family life -- laid out in tons of videos & on social media -- seems to have been one giant red flag for years. How no one, especially family, could see this stuff -- and they MUST have seen it -- and do nothing about it is beyond me. Thinking here especially of her Mormon mommblogger sisters who are claiming they stayed quiet for 3 years for the sake of the Franke children. 

OTOH, if it is true that LE and CPS were repeatedly informed by family & others about the Franke household of horrors but did nothing, they need to be held accountable, including termination from jobs and legal actions. 

• Upvote 6

Family youtube channels are heavily edited and curated to look a certain way. However I do think that if there is abuse, it will slip through if the family posts constantly. And since Ruby posted so much for years, the abuse did slip through. I’m sure there was plenty more abuse we never saw. Because Ruby was the one editing. I hope this arrest and  Family O 5 losing custody of the children they abused sheds more light on these YouTube channels and maybe there will be a crack down. Because it’s not just the abuse but the exploitation of these kids. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

I'm guessing they heavily edited the videos to hide the abuse, and it wasn't until that child escaped that people and the authorities finally got an idea of how bad it really was. Youtube should really start cracking down on those types of accounts, as it's really child exploitation. I would even say the same for some TikTock and Instagram accounts, as there are plenty of Mommy influencer accounts where they feature their children on for likes and advertising of products, which is how they make money.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic