IGNORED

8 Passengers: Youtuber's Take Son's Bed and Refuse to Give Daughter Lunch

Glasgowghirl

On 1/14/2021 at 3:22 PM, ADoyle90815 said:

I get the feeling that Ruby would divorce her husband really fast if he decided to leave the Mormon church, as she's that brainwashed. It happens all the time in Mormon marriages, if someone decides the church isn't for them, their believing spouse files for divorce even if there's been no abuse at all.

According to Mr. Atheist (former mormon youtuber), the Mormon church actually encourages people to divorce if one person leaves the church. 

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 7

2 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

the Mormon church actually encourages people to divorce if one person leaves the church. 

I heard that also. 

• Upvote 5

My take on Shari's bank account --

This was a joint account with her parents, because no way would they let her have access to money by herself.  Draining the account was done by the parents because....uh... ummm..... reasons.... Most likely so Shari cannot go to college. 

And ... to be really asshat-ish about it, the parents are saying it was the bank's or some rando's fault and she needs to figure it out herself.  It's highly likely Shari has no idea how to find out who took the money  If it was her parents, and if they are ever found out, they will deny, deny, deny and insist it was the banks or a rando and the bank is lying. 

I say all this because I knew someone growing up whose parents drained their bank account of every dime of college money. It was a joint account at the parents' insistence. when my friend opened it at age 11 with a grandparent's birthday check.  My friend found out from the bank it was the parents who drained the account. When confronted the parents said it was a joint account and they had every right to all of the money.

Did I mention my friend found a way to go to college and cut the parents out of their life.

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 15

Interestingly - when the BYU acceptance letter came, Ruby was on video saying Shari didn't need scholarship money.  So I'm all WTF given the issues with her bank account that had her college money in it. 

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...

Does Ruby really expect us to believe that Shari hasn’t decided on a college/university (Instagram) when they’ve had a video posted (YouTube) of Shari’s 18th birthday with presents such as a cutting board and posts/pans (in all honesty, Shari was thrilled with these) and commentary - from Ruby - that Shari was interested in a particular apartment to move to after the school year was over.  Shari may have corrected her about needing to find out if it was approved for BYU students to live there.  

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Does Ruby really expect us to believe that Shari hasn’t decided on a college/university (Instagram) when they’ve had a video posted (YouTube) of Shari’s 18th birthday with presents such as a cutting board and posts/pans (in all honesty, Shari was thrilled with these) and commentary - from Ruby - that Shari was interested in a particular apartment to move to after the school year was over.  Shari may have corrected her about needing to find out if it was approved for BYU students to live there.  

Wtf, BYU has to approve off campus housing?

5 minutes ago, closetcagebaby said:

Wtf, BYU has to approve off campus housing?

Colleges can have the craziest rules for its students. BYU isn’t even the strictest. Some of the small private fundie colleges have rules you wouldn’t believe. 

• WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

As BYU is really owned by the LDS church, they do have pretty strict rules for students both on and off campus as they have housing that's just for BYU students where those who live there have to pretty much follow the same rules as those in the dorms. One other thing about BYU is that if someone decides to leave the church, they can have their degrees denied, and not be allowed to get their transcripts. Even then, there are private colleges owned by fundies that make the BYU campuses look like the big party schools as they're even more strict.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 6
  • Thank You 4

Oh, Shari is definitely going to BYU. She was talking abut apartments and roommates as early as November 2020. That whole trip to Boston University was a joke. While I wish Shari would branch out from her toxic family and go to a school far away, I don't think she would be happy in Boston. Firstly, Boston and its surrounding areas are taking mask requirements and vaccinations pretty seriously. I'd say about 80 percent of people are wearing masks when out in public. Also, given her family's feelings toward the LGBTQ community, Shari might have some issues with that as well. She would also run into a lot of people who will challenge her beliefs and her religion, which would make her want to go back to the safe bubble of Utah. Yeah, MA did elect Mitt Romney as their governor (and has been electing Republican governors), but the state overall, ESPECIALLY the Boston area is fairly liberal when compared to Utah and Salt Lake City.

Spoiler

Made you look.

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

On 3/29/2021 at 4:44 PM, MangoTango said:

While I wish Shari would branch out from her toxic family and go to a school far away, I don't think she would be happy in Boston... Also, given her family's feelings toward the LGBTQ community, Shari might have some issues with that as well. She would also run into a lot of people who will challenge her beliefs and her religion, which would make her want to go back to the safe bubble of Utah. 

But wouldn't it be good for her to have her preconceived biased beliefs challenged , so that she can grow as a person , and develop a mind of her own ?  Also , for all we know , couldn't it be that Shari might already have perspectives that might differ to some extent from her parents ?  For all we know she could be secretly a liberal , or maybe even a closeted lesbian .  At any rate , she is not her parents , and years from now , might not even be the same as she is now .    

• Upvote 6

27 minutes ago, Marmion said:

But wouldn't it be good for her to have her preconceived biased beliefs challenged , so that she can grow as a person , and develop a mind of her own ?  Also , for all we know , couldn't it be that Shari might already have perspectives that might differ to some extent from her parents ?  For all we know she could be secretly a liberal , or maybe even a closeted lesbian .  At any rate , she is not her parents , and years from now , might not even be the same as she is now .    

That's a fair point... I hope she does stray from her parents' backwards beliefs and values, but if she goes to BYU, I think it's less likely to happen. BU or UPenn, I can maybe seeing her do it. Either way, I think she'll relax a bit once she's not living with her toxic parents. I know it's unfair/not the greatest idea to base our perceptions off of Shari from her social media presence, but that's just it, we have nothing else to go on. Yeah, I agree it's unfair, but people's social media have gotten them fired/disqualified from jobs/etc. Do I agree that people have lost their jobs for posting some things on social media (having a glass of wine, wearing a bikini, etc.), no, but it happens a lot. 

Edited by MangoTango
  • Upvote 5

The child explotation, especially with the 'kidses' health is the WORST in this family (and with the Griftiths sisters in general). 

I hope the lesions on Shari's brain resolve. University is going to challenge her, even without a progressive neurological issue... 

Plus, a MRS degree from BYU will be harder for her to acheive if she's sick.

And Ruby and Kevin seem like they aren't emotionally capable of offering much more support than they already have. So I hope she's okay.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

As predicted, she's going to BYU and majoring in English with plans to go to law school afterward. Guess Boston University and The Walton School of Business at UPenn (Wharton) just could handle her brilliance. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

16 minutes ago, MangoTango said:

As predicted, she's going to BYU and majoring in English with plans to go to law school afterward. Guess Boston University and The Walton School of Business at UPenn (Wharton) just could handle her brilliance. 

I don’t know a ton about this family but based on what I know about Mormons, I bet she won’t make it to law school because she will get married by then. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

• 8 months later...
Spoiler

What’s going on with the no presents for the two youngest? They posted something about trying to teach them a lesson for being „selfish“. I don’t get it.

Edited by Pleiades_06
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

Kevin sounds totally screwed by his childhood for whatever reason. He needs a proper non-morman church therapist.  He doesn’t need to screw with Russell and Evie’s heads. The 4 older children are also being passively aggressively screwed. How can they open any presents and feel good, enjoy the presents,show any joy over their presents?  Ruby has always shown her self to be crackers. I had some hope that Kevin might be more rational but nope. They are a terrible pair. I seriously hope that there are some ‘normal’ relatives the kids can talk too, escape to when the kids are older.  Total crackpots. It will be interesting to read any books the kids write 15 years from now. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

Since Ruby is a horrible person, I’m guessing the children are just acting like their mother. And she’s punishing them for it. I swear she enjoys punishing her kids. She’s a fucking sadist. Ruby and Kevin are selfish. They are modeling it for their kids and the kids are selfish. That’s the issue. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

No clue on the new Christmas presents for the two youngest. However I do believe that Ruby is sending the youngest you to real school this year. The middle to have already started regular schools. And Ruby is life coaching and teaching something possibly related to parenting not sure but given what we know about her yeah that’s gonna go real well.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

I’ve stumbled across a couple of YouTube channels with analysis (or includes analysis) of 8 passengers.

Jordan and McKay are ex Mormons and are digging into the world of LDS influencers.  (They have a video on Mormon garments and who isn’t wearing them based on their attire).  This one is just a review of LDS influencers 

Spoiler

Haley Elizabeth (she applies makeup as she talks) did an entire dig into 8 passengers.  This is older but does cover the Ruby lowlights for those new to this family.

Spoiler

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

• 8 months later...

Bumping because yesterday on Reddit I stumbled across them a passenger news.

Bumping because yesterday on Reddit I stumbled across them a passenger news.

OK so Ruby is deep into a cold the mask old connections or something like that. Not sure of the spelling etc. etc. But this is why she hasn’t been logging. Everything‘s under that account that she’s working with on some therapist or somebody named Jody. I’ve been aware of this for a while. AndJordan in McKay on their YouTube channel did a deep dive on this particular organization. If there’s interest I can go dig that up and stick a link in this thread.

Jordan and McKay on their YouTube channel did a deep dive on this particular organization. If there’s interest I can go dig that up and stick a link in this thread.

So in a Reddit sub related to YouTube vloggers  someone posted that in the eight passengers Snark sub Reddit apparently news had broken and that seems to at least be partially verified that Chad moved out. It’s my understanding he’s not 18 yet. There’s also rumblings that Kevin (Ruby’s husband) has also moved out of the house at least for the time being. Sleuths I have noted that Kevin deactivated his Instagram account. Ruby is saying or insinuating that maybe they’re just on a break. And Shari took 8 passengers out of her Instagram name and is now following  with a couple of other family members of her mothers. And that’s of note because Ruby head cut off contact with her family.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

• 4 weeks later...

Shari posted on Instagram that she is not speaking to her immediate family and she doesn’t “support the extreme beliefs of Connexions.” Good for her

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

She’s also asked for privacy for her and other family members as they work through this (because people keep asking questions and making comments on posts etc) 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

20 hours ago, Pleiades_06 said:

Shari posted on Instagram that she is not speaking to her immediate family and she doesn’t “support the extreme beliefs of Connexions.” Good for her

We can only hope that the aunts and uncles who are no longer in Ruby’s life can help the Franke kids. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic