IGNORED

8 Passengers: Youtuber's Take Son's Bed and Refuse to Give Daughter Lunch

Glasgowghirl

21 hours ago, clueliss said:

Sorry for the delay.  

they are using Math You See fir their math curriculum.  Kevin apparently dig into a lot of math programs and preferred that (because engineer so he’s allegedly picky about math)

They using The Good and the Beautiful for literature and some science.  They also have legos sets for Eve and Russel that are designed to teach coding (not regular sets).  

Julie and Abby have taken some online language classes, specifically they are taking Greek.  

and Abby is actually enrolled in an online program of the same private school Shari is going to in person.  

also unlike the Alyssa Webster stick you’re kids in front of a screen and show them a video method, Ruby goes over lessons with the,  the Math You See curriculum has videos, but Ruby watches with each kid.  So she is more involved than we’ve seen some fundie mothers (ahem, JRod and the workbook pages anyone?)

This is the first I had heard of " The Good and The Beautiful" curriculum , probably because I was not brought up LDS , even though I had been largely homeschooled .  Here are a few reviews I found about it though .  

Spoiler

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Upvote 2

I noticed that Ruby seemed more enamoured about how the pictures looked than actual content.  Also I didn’t buy that they have history and such in the literature as if it was a substitute for actually teaching history.  She seems to focus on math and reading/language/literature with some attempt at science sorts of things tossed in but never mind social studies, history or such.  

• Upvote 1

Not only are they abusive but they brag about it on social media?  The parents are completely f-upped.....does the local CPS condone this behavior?

• Upvote 2

On 10/5/2020 at 3:15 PM, Marmion said:

To be honest, I was pretty ashamed after it happened when it was put to me as more of an indication of a fairly green teacher trying to handle a classroom where there were a lot of people walking all over her, and it being explained to me in terms that humanized the teacher as not some sort of 'idiot' (which honestly, I did think beforehand) and as someone still learning and stressed (which I did understand). As a general rule, my school was somewhere I felt safe and cared for and I had pride in the school so I'd never have lashed out in any larger way even if social media was a ubiquitous thing back then (it wasn't).

I'm sure there are plenty of kids who would have taken leniency towards the same behavior that I exhibited as some sort of of permission to do so again or as a sign they could get away with disrespecting a teacher like that. I wasn't one of those kids and I think the decision around how they handled it with me was based on their knowledge of me, and that I was rough around the edges but I could put myself in others shoes, especially once I was calm and explained to me. I responded well to being talked to reasonably because for all my stubbornness, I would punish myself with shame/embarrassment/guilt when I understood why something had been wrong more than any detention or punitive punishment could have.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

So recent video - Ruby with Eve And Julie at the Rec Center. 

Ruby had said in past videos with the homeschooling that the Rec Center and swimming/lessons were PE.  Only in this video when they do - Abby doesn't go because she's not feeling well (and goes on to reveal in a hushed voice that it's female issues - Ummm good job on outing that about your daughter) and Russell wasn't with them because he wasn't responsible for something he should have been and was being punished (doesn't get to do something fun) so home with Abby (so Abby isn't feeling well AND watching her brother).  So what about PE?  He's punished and doesn't get PE?  Or, in true Ruby fashion - is she changing the rules? When did the Rec Center become fun and  not PE?

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 1

• 5 weeks later...

Shari posted on Instagram that her money, which was enough to pay for four years of college, was drained from her bank account and there's little chance of her getting it back. Umm, yeah, BS. Banks are insured for things like that, so she's either just being a drama queen, it was taken by the bank of Mormon, or Ruby and Kevin took it as payment for letting Shari live in their house and feeding and clothing her for 18 years. LOL. I just can't with this family.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 7

10 minutes ago, MangoTango said:

Shari posted on Instagram that her money, which was enough to pay for four years of college, was drained from her bank account and there's little chance of her getting it back. Umm, yeah, BS. Banks are insured for things like that, so she's either just being a drama queen, it was taken by the bank of Mormon, or Ruby and Kevin took it as payment for letting Shari live in their house and feeding and clothing her for 18 years. LOL. I just can't with this family.

I’m voting it was Ruby and Kevin taking it out as “payment.” 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

Hmmm wonder if the monetization of her YouTube channel  was tied to her bank account?  Only wonder because Not Enough Nelson’s channel was hacked at one point and someone was taking their money etc.  it took a while to get it straightened out with YouTube.  (And their channel was still in YouTube but for a while it was sort of “unlisted” as a result.). 
granted we are talking The Frankes so who the heck knows.

• Upvote 2

Found the post in question 

As far as insurance for banks, that depends on how the funds were drained.  Did a google search in FDIC insurance. Note the passage in unauthorized access.  What I can tell you from personal experience, is if say a debit card was used for something, and fraudulent charges happen, it can be difficult to get the funds back.  Which is why I typically use a credit card (and pay my balance off each month) most of the time.  Credit cards have better recourse for crap like that.   And it can depend on the financial institution the funds were in.  

Spoiler

DA60EA0B-AFEE-435A-ABF1-6A37D0C86701.thumb.png.f3bbeb7e7f0bef41fa450a9dba90afe8.png

• Thank You 3

I had my debit card stolen last year and they drained my accounts (and I was in a foreign country at the time, so that sucked.) I got all the money back a month later from my bank.

I'm loving the comments on her Instagram post...

203178483_Screenshot_20201128-1958262.png.ffd4ab0bf4da97b73c7fc8a8f096f272.png

• Upvote 6

I had my debit card used online for fraudulent purposes a few years ago and they drained the account (kept using the card until it bounced). As soon as I contacted Chase, they cancelled the card and put all the charges under investigation and the bank replaced all the money within 72 hours so I could use it even though it was technically still "under investigation". The person on the phone had to read all these legal clauses and I had to verbally agree with them on a recording before they gave me back my money prior to their investigation. It was all just confirming for legal purposes that I didn't make those purchases, that I understood it would be investigated, that lying was a criminal matter and they would pursue criminal charges against me if what I was saying was found to be untrue etc. I got a letter about 6 weeks later confirming that they had found the charges to be fraudulent and basically the rest was for them to sort out.

I hope Shari and her bank can figure out what happened to her money. There is nothing worse than having someone steal from you, especially when you think your money should be safe in your bank account.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

They may have had the money in an investment situation, just thinking out loud here.  And therefore not under banking regulations/protection.  Also Savings and Loans and Credit Unions also fall into slightly different sets of regulations.  Banks with “State” in their name often fall into not FDIC but similar State level insurance programs.  

Shari is probably bummed/making assumptions and her idiot parents are making her figure it out instead of talking to the bank etc for her.  

As for the above comment from Instagram, the Frankes have 8 people in the family, including the parents.  There are 6 kids.  (Shari, Chad, Abby, Julie, Russel, and Eve).  

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, clueliss said:

They may have had the money in an investment situation, just thinking out loud here.  And therefore not under banking regulations/protection.  Also Savings and Loans and Credit Unions also fall into slightly different sets of regulations.  Banks with “State” in their name often fall into not FDIC but similar State level insurance programs.  

Shari is probably bummed/making assumptions and her idiot parents are making her figure it out instead of talking to the bank etc for her.  

I can totally seeing this happening. If that is the case with her parents not helping her with talking to the bank (I think she should be on the line listening at least if they do call for her), but you know they told her what to do with her money, how to invest it/what bank she open an account with. I get that her parents think their kids need to learn things and figure it out, but they don't even give those poor kids the proper tools or guidance so they can do that.

Anecdotal, but my parents were very much in favor of letting me and my sibling figure things out, but they would give us the tools to do it and/or step in when we were clearly in over our heads in situations like Shari's. It's not that they didn't let us fail, but they knew when they needed to help us with stuff that would have significant impacts on our lives.  

Edited by MangoTango
  • Upvote 5

• 1 month later...

Shari posted a college application video. She called the Wharton School of Business (at UPenn) the Walton School of Business. Ehmm, something tells me she just applied there for the prestige. Also applied to Boston University, lol, girl, we all know you're going to BYU. There's no way in hell that kid is going outside of her little Mormon bubble. 

I really can't see her being happy in Boston or Philadelphia, TBH.

She also posted a What I Got for Christmas video... I think Ruby was shopping for an 80-year-old woman named Gladys, not an 18-year-old woman named Shari.

Ugh, Ruby is disgusting. 

Edited by MangoTango
  • Upvote 5

I also don't think Shari or any of those kids are going to be allowed to go to college anywhere except for BYU as it'll be too easy for them to escape the Mormon bubble.

• Upvote 5

Watching the 20 years of marriage q&A and Ruby said she can't hurt anyone's feelings, but that people chose to be hurt. She needs professional non-Mormon and non-internet-based therapy. This woman is batcrap crazy. 

They both admitted they had thought of divorce individually, but Ruby says because neither were being abused that they stuck it out. Pfffff, there are other reasons for divorcing your partner OTHER THAN ABUSE. The religious brainwashing with this one is STRONG. I mean, Ruby's parents seem abusive and I just get icky feelings when I watch them.

Ugh, I jumped around a bit because those two are insufferable, but what I've taken away is Ruby is obnoxious and little ditzy, and Kevin is arrogant and equally obnoxious. They both can't stand the fact that people have called them out on their emotionally abusive parenting styles and think that they're such great parents. By their logic, they're the ones who are choosing to be hurt by online "trolls". 

Edited by MangoTango
  • Upvote 9

I get the feeling that Ruby would divorce her husband really fast if he decided to leave the Mormon church, as she's that brainwashed. It happens all the time in Mormon marriages, if someone decides the church isn't for them, their believing spouse files for divorce even if there's been no abuse at all.

• Upvote 5

FYI - Shari posted a video (actually a few - I've only watched the one) recently.  And in it she very briefly talked about the bank issue (in the middle of a video where the parents are gone and they're cleaning house)

She said that they missed what was happening because there were wire transfers out and then part of it would come back in.  And it happened because whoever did this, changed the phone number on the bank account so it looked like the wire transfers were coming from her - when it wasn't.

And I have questions about this.  Ummm so why would they not have noticed wire transfers in/out of the account?  Are they/she using the account for something else?  Do you not reconcile/review the account?  And you're only  just now a senior in high school - why are Ruby & Kevin not monitoring this? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, ADoyle90815 said:

I get the feeling that Ruby would divorce her husband really fast if he decided to leave the Mormon church, as she's that brainwashed. It happens all the time in Mormon marriages, if someone decides the church isn't for them, their believing spouse files for divorce even if there's been no abuse at all.

Yeah, I can see that happening. I also think Kevin is more likely to leave the church than Ruby. It's just so depressing that the only reason these types of people divorce only divorce in cases of abuse (and not always), or if they leave the church. Not because they've drifted apart or anything like that. I'm also thinking divorce is a no go if it's "ONLY" emotional and/or psychological abuse. Religion does weird things to people.

4 minutes ago, clueliss said:

FYI - Shari posted a video (actually a few - I've only watched the one) recently.  And in it she very briefly talked about the bank issue (in the middle of a video where the parents are gone and they're cleaning house)

She said that they missed what was happening because there were wire transfers out and then part of it would come back in.  And it happened because whoever did this, changed the phone number on the bank account so it looked like the wire transfers were coming from her - when it wasn't.

And I have questions about this.  Ummm so why would they not have noticed wire transfers in/out of the account?  Are they/she using the account for something else?  Do you not reconcile/review the account?  And you're only  just now a senior in high school - why are Ruby & Kevin not monitoring this? 

She's an idiot. At that age, I was totally in control of my bank account and checked every few days to make sure there wasn't anything weird going on. I knew what transactions I had made, and what was coming from work and the IRS at tax time.

P.S. I love your profile pic!

Edited by MangoTango
  • Upvote 3

On 1/14/2021 at 9:30 PM, MangoTango said:

Yeah, I can see that happening. I also think Kevin is more likely to leave the church than Ruby. It's just so depressing that the only reason these types of people divorce only divorce in cases of abuse (and not always), or if they leave the church. Not because they've drifted apart or anything like that. I'm also thinking divorce is a no go if it's "ONLY" emotional and/or psychological abuse. Religion does weird things to people.

She's an idiot. At that age, I was totally in control of my bank account and checked every few days to make sure there wasn't anything weird going on. I knew what transactions I had made, and what was coming from work and the IRS at tax time.

P.S. I love your profile pic!

Where did you learn that from? I moved out at 15, having been raised by wolves for the most part. I had foster parents who taught stuff like that to their own kids, but not to me. I got lucky in that I didn’t have any big issues, but I was unaware for a long time that something like this could happen, or that you should check your bank balance. Even having a nest egg was not something anyone taught me. I wouldn’t say I was an idiot, I just had no one teach me stuff, and for the first couple of years, I didn’t even know what to look for online. And there was no adult in my life I could realistically ask.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

7 hours ago, tanba said:

Where did you learn that from? I moved out at 15, having been raised by wolves for the most part. I had foster parents who taught stuff like that to their own kids, but not to me. I got lucky in that I didn’t have any big issues, but I was unaware for a long time that something like this could happen, or that you should check your bank balance. Even having a nest egg was not something anyone taught me. I wouldn’t say I was an idiot, I just had no one teach me stuff, and for the first couple of years, I didn’t even know what to look for online. And there was no adult in my life I could realistically ask.

You're right, ignorant would be the correct term. While my parents taught me to be fiscally responsible, I was just a super paranoid kid and felt the need to check a few times a week. I think what gets me with Shari is she's so sanctimonious and acts like she's the smartest person alive, and often times treats her siblings like trash. Again, those things are her parents' fault, but it doesn't make it any less annoying. Also, Ruby's parents were/are also a piece of work, but it doesn't make Ruby's actions right or forgivable. 

At this point, since Shari is young and going to college, hopefully she'll meet people who will change her outlook, even if she is going to BYU.

Edited by MangoTango
  • Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Apparently, Shari go into BYU. Ruby yammered on about how it's SO hard to get into, lol, it has a 67% acceptance rate. The other schools to which she applied have much lower acceptance rates. Oh, and in one of her earlier videos, Shari called the Wharton School of Business at UPenn the Walton School of Business. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, MangoTango said:

Oh, and in one of her earlier videos, Shari called the Wharton School of Business at UPenn the Walton School of Business. 

Now I'm picturing student housing lights going off one by one, the business students calling out "Good night, John-boy!" "Good night Mary Ellen!"

• Haha 13

7 minutes ago, clueliss said:

They just did a visit to Boston University.  

Lol, I wonder what they think of Boston overall, it's significantly more liberal than the area where they live in Utah. Less Mormons, more Catholics, but still more liberal. Anyway, we all know she's going to BYU. I hope she goes to a different school just get away from her toxic family and to grow a little bit, but I don't think that'll happen. 

• Upvote 6

• Coconut Flan locked this topic