IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 4: Deplorables Are Everywhere

GreyhoundFan

Jason Miller is an uber deplorable and a generally repellent human being. Of course, and appropriately, he was involved as a communications advisor and senior strategist for Trump's 2016 and 2020 campaigns.  Yeah, he's the guy who admitted to going to prostitutes and got not one but TWO women pregnant while married and spiked the drink of one of those women with an abortifacient drug and has lied, obfuscated and hid income to avoid paying child support to the other woman. 

He just launched gettr, a new social media site, with predictable results. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

About fucking time Twitter

For years, extremism experts have wondered why Nick Fuentes, a white-nationalist media figure, has been able to maintain a verified Twitter account. Even through denying the Holocaust, attending the 2017 violent white nationalist rally in Charlottesville, and frequently espousing overt racism, he kept his privileged access to the platform.

That didn’t change when, the day before the January 6 insurrection, he floated the idea of killing state legislators who voted to certify election results. In fact, on January 5, when asked about those comments, the company admitted they didn’t see a reason to act, telling the Southern Poverty Law Center‘s Hannah Gais and Michael Edison Hayden that at “this point, our enforcement team has not seen enough violative content from @NickJFuentes on Twitter to ban him.” That apparently remained the case for six months after he attended the next day’s riots and egged on right-wing protestors—including his followers—as they stormed the building.

But on Friday, long after a bevy of other platforms—among them YouTube, PayPal, and TikTok—had booted him, Twitter finally stripped his access for unclear reasons. Company spokesperson Trenton Kennedy declined to specify why they did so, telling Mother Jones only that he’d been “permanently suspended for repeated violations of the Twitter Rules.” He declined to share more information.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

There's a recent paper that discusses Trump support.  It's no surprise that white evangelical support is more about hatred towards minorities and marginalized groups than about anything else.  White supremacy likes to hide behind religion.

Spoiler

1795237762_Screenshot(5391).png.8f0f0de9a52b2f6f56848d123549525b.png2128206958_Screenshot(5389).png.ada00f123442be8b966f7b4441d429b8.png835035394_Screenshot(5387).png.bb8b1c9d76721be4f79cf3e8250c1813.png

• Thank You 8

3 hours ago, Xan said:

There's a recent paper that discusses Trump support.  It's no surprise that white evangelical support is more about hatred towards minorities and marginalized groups than about anything else.  White supremacy likes to hide behind religion.

Hide contents

1795237762_Screenshot(5391).png.8f0f0de9a52b2f6f56848d123549525b.png2128206958_Screenshot(5389).png.ada00f123442be8b966f7b4441d429b8.png835035394_Screenshot(5387).png.bb8b1c9d76721be4f79cf3e8250c1813.png

The Omaha FBI office has reported the FBI has seen an increase in hate crimes in both Nebraska and Iowa over the past couple years.

Eugene Kowel is the special agent in charge at the FBI’s Omaha field office. At a news conference Thursday, he said the FBI region that includes Nebraska and Iowa has seen a 21 percent increase in the reporting of hate crimes in recent years.

Not surprising given that fuck knob and his willing lackeys both in state and Federal offices have encouraged this sort of stuff.  These people continue to encourage hatred and violence even though fuck knob is no longer President.

• I Agree 7

More from CPAC under the spoiler:

Spoiler

• Upvote 8

Definitely not a cult...

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 4

12 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Definitely not a cult...

Looking at his knees, nobody told him Pence is persona non grata...

• Upvote 8

A couple of morons in North Carolina decided to have their own little demonstration at a UNC memorial dedicated to enslaved and freed African Americans.  They carried confederate flags and used the "n" word and pretended to whip their imaginary slaves.  This would seem to be to be all kinds of illegal but I don't see where anyone was arrested -- even though one of these guys was at the 1/6 insurrection.

Spoiler

942363646_Screenshot(5420).png.c2440c0636b5cf3f5440d361fc52ed6a.png

There ought to be some karmic law that if you achieve this level of mean and stupid, you just fall over dead.

ETA:  I see now that arrest warrants have been issued.  Good.

Edited by Xan
  • Disgust 7
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 5
  • I Agree 2

8 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Looking at his knees, nobody told him Pence is persona non grata...

When he's kneeling before Trump, he would be pushing Pence's name into the ground, but that's probably too subtle a slam for that crowd...

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

Trump 2020 legal adviser Jenna Ellis leaving Republican Party in protest

Jenna Ellis, a senior legal adviser to former President Donald Trump's 2020 campaign, said on Monday she is leaving the Republican Party in protest following the disclosure of an email from a top Republican National Committee lawyer criticizing her efforts in challenging the results of the November contest.

Ellis made the announcement on Real America's Voice and called on RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel and other members to "resign now" to create a clean slate, adding she would not return until they do.

She also questioned what happened to the "millions raised" by the RNC in November and December of last year when the election challenges were playing out, saying, "the Trump team never saw a dime of that help."

"I am leaving the Republican Party until the Republican Party comes back home to conservatives," she said during an follow-up appearance on Newsmax, on which she is a contributor.

A November email reported by the Washington Post showed Justin Riemer, chief counsel for the RNC, discouraging a staffer from posting about ballot fraud claims made by Trump's team. He called the legal endeavor led by Rudy Giuliani and Ellis "a joke" that was misleading millions of people.

“I led the RNC legal team in over 55 lawsuits on behalf of the President’s reelection, winning a majority of them, including the only successful post-election lawsuit. Any suggestion that I did not support President Trump or do everything in my power to support the RNC’s efforts to reelect President Trump is false,” Riemer said in a statement reported by the outlet. “I will say publicly now what I then said privately: I take issue with individuals who brought lawsuits that did not serve President Trump well and did not give him the best chance in court.”

Ellis also tweeted Sunday evening it "is true" Giuliani told Riemer to resign from his post as RNC chief counsel in November after he questioned Trump's election fraud claims, according to an account in a new book by Michael Wolff. However, an RNC spokesperson said the story was "simply false."

Following her tweet, Ellis posted a screenshot of her Twitter profile showing McDaniel blocked her on the platform.

"Even if I stand alone for the truth, I will stand for the truth," Ellis said on Monday.

The Washington Examiner contacted the RNC but did not immediately receive a response.

Liz Harrington, the RNC official who was the recipient of Riemer's email, is now Trump's spokeswoman.

“The only thing that’s a joke is the idea that Joe Biden got 81 million votes,” she said in response to the report.

Spoiler

Melissa Mccarthy Fight GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Upvote 8

I want Trump to start regularly posting on Gettr just to watch Mike Lindell's reaction. Would he challenge Miller to a duel for attempting  to steal Trump away from him? :popcorn2:

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Haha 9

Branch Trumpvidians whining about cancel culture need to shut the fuck up

The people raging against cancel culture have spent the last four years demanding that the federal government cancel Saturday Night Live for being mean to Donald Trump, according to a cache of official complaints lodged with the Federal Communications Commission. 

Obtained via the Freedom of Information Act and hosted on Government Attic, the complaints about NBC, SNL, and various comedians paint a mesmerizing picture of an America obsessed with demanding government intervention to stop comedians from making mean jokes or saying curse words.

The complaints are of varying length and coherence but the vast majority of them focus on a few SNL moments over the last few years: Michael Che calling Trumpa "bitch" and a "cracker"; Alec Baldwin-as-Trump being mean to Trump; SNLwriter Katie Rich making a joke on Twitter about Barron Trump being "the next homeschool shooter;" and Stephen Colbert making a joke about Trump's mouth being Vladimir Putin's "cock holster." 

If these fuckers don’t like what’s on SNL then why the fuck are they watching it?  

• I Agree 7

7 hours ago, 47of74 said:

SNLwriter Katie Rich making a joke on Twitter about Barron Trump being "the next homeschool shooter;"

That's the only one that I think is out of line. He's a child, leave him out of jokes. (Aimed at SNL, not @47of74)

• I Agree 13

10 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

I want Trump to start regularly posting on Gettr just to watch Mike Lindell's reaction. Would he challenge Miller to a duel for attempting  to steal Trump away from him?

It would have to be a pillow fight, of course.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

It would have to be a pillow fight, of course.

Pillows at dawn!

Spoiler

happy pillow GIF

In case any of you need a refresher before your next duel, PBS is happy to provide assistance:

Code Duello: The Rules of Dueling

Reprinted from "American Duels and Hostile Encounters," Chilton Books, 1963. 

The Code Duello, covering the practice of dueling and points of honor, was drawn up and settled at Clonmel Summer Assizes, 1777, by gentlemen-delegates of Tipperary, Galway, Sligo, Mayo and Roscommon, and prescribed for general adoption throughout Ireland. The Code was generally also followed in England and on the Continent with some slight variations. In America, the principal rules were followed, although occasionally there were some glaring deviations.

We're Americans, "glaring deviations" is how we roll. ?

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Haha 7

My husband and I had to renew our driver's licenses this past January. When I made our appointment, it was made very clear that we'd need to present our birth certificates. On the appointed day, a group of us were waiting outside when an elderly white man came barreling out the entrance. He was enraged because they wouldn't renew his license without his birth certificate. He ranted about being a veteran who had served his country and then stormed off to his car. Once we got inside, my husband quietly remarked that that man never expected he'd have to follow the policies he helped vote into existence.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

If Lindsey was capable of embarrassment, he'd want to crawl under a rock right about now.

• Upvote 6

I rather enjoyed this one.  

528763543_Screenshot(5462).png.d7ed922cb0d2d9f46e1153bd18766edc.png

Nathan Wayne Entrekin dressed as a gladiator when he trespassed at the Capitol on Jan. 6.  He wanted his mom to see him dressed as Captain Moroni from the actual Book of Mormon.  (In the relevant passage from the court records, Captain Moroni "sought to defend the liberties of his people ― the Nephites ― from another group ― the Amalickiahites ― that wanted to overthrow democracy and install a king.")  Sorry, there, Nathan.  You probably shouldn't dress up and pretend to be someone trying to save democracy by actually trying to overthrow democracy.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 4

Fools and money...

Ad for the Freedom Phone:

Spoiler

If their app store is "completely uncensored" and carries apps that have been banned by the mainstream app stores, isn't that an invitation for bad actors to create apps that help users carry out illegal activities? What about malware?

Edited by Cartmann99
added second tweet
  • Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic