IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 4: Deplorables Are Everywhere

GreyhoundFan

This charming BT (/s) is running for governor in VA (our gubernatorial elections are always the year after the presidential election). "Republican contender for Va. governor says Trump should declare martial law"

RICHMOND — State Sen. Amanda F. Chase, a brash Republican gubernatorial contender who bills herself as "Trump in heels," called on President Trump on Tuesday to declare martial law to prevent his removal from office.

One day after the electoral college formally confirmed former vice president Joe Biden’s victory over Trump, Chase (Chesterfield) doubled down on baseless allegations of election fraud in an early-morning Facebook post.

“Not my President and never will be,” she wrote, referring to Biden. “The American people aren’t fools. We know you cheated to win and we’ll never accept these results. Fair elections we can accept but cheating to win; never. It’s not over yet. So thankful President Trump has a backbone and refuses to concede. President Trump should declare martial law as recommended by General Flynn.”

Michael Flynn, the former national security adviser pardoned by the president, recently shared a Twitter post advocating that the president “temporarily suspend the Constitution” and declare martial law.

In an interview Tuesday, Chase said she was holding out hope that Trump somehow would be declared the winner when the electoral college ballots are formally counted during a joint session of Congress on Jan. 6 — an all-but-impossible outcome, especially as Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) on Tuesday publicly acknowledged Biden’s victory for the first time since the election. Barring that extremely unlikely turn of events, Chase thinks martial law is in order.

Under martial law, she said, troops would “go and seize these [voting] machines and voting equipment to find the voter fraud. There needs to be a national audit.”

Chase’s call for martial law drew rebukes from a few prominent Virginia Republicans, including an outgoing member of Congress, a former member and a former state delegate, the last of whom called on members of the state Senate to expel her. Other party figures, including her lone rival for the GOP nomination, were mum.

Democrats did not hold back. “I served with @AmandaChaseVA in the state senate—she was as unhinged then as she is now,” tweeted Rep. Jennifer Wexton (D-Va.). “This is a good reminder that we don’t allow tyrants here in the Commonwealth.”

Under martial law, the military takes control of civilian functions, such as law enforcement and the courts. Federal and state authorities have declared martial law at least 68 times since the nation’s founding, in times of war, invasion, insurrection, civil unrest, labor disputes and natural disasters, according to a Brennan Center for Justice report on the legal concept.

The report, issued in August, says the Supreme Court has “never clearly indicated whether the president could unilaterally declare martial law or if Congress would first need to authorize it.” The report concludes that the president lacks that power but says state officials have it, subject to review in federal court.

Chase’s candidacy poses an awkward challenge for the Republican Party, which hasn’t won a statewide election since 2009. Trump, who lost the state last month by 10 points, has repelled Virginia’s suburban swing voters, but he remains highly popular with the party’s base.

Some Republican leaders fear that Chase could tap into Trumpism to win the party’s nomination but fail in the general election.

The other declared Republican candidate is Del. Kirk Cox (Colonial Heights), who served two years as speaker of the House before Democrats assumed the majority last January.

Cox did not respond to a request for comment. He has not acknowledged Biden’s win.

The Republican Party of Virginia and the Senate Republican Caucus also did not respond to requests for comment. Chase quit the caucus last year.

Outgoing Rep. Denver Riggleman (R-Va.), increasingly at odds with his party over its refusal to denounce conspiracy theories, criticized Chase on Twitter.

“Do you support facts and liberty? Or supporting martial law based on unhinged conspiracy ramblings … ?” wrote Riggleman, one of several Republicans who have been publicly considering entering the governor’s race.

Former congresswoman Barbara Comstock, a moderate Republican who lost her Northern Virginia seat to Wexton in 2018 amid an anti-Trump blue wave, retweeted Chase’s post with a scathing retort: “This is someone who will never be ‘my’ Governor or Virginia’s Governor.”

David Ramadan, a former Republican delegate, went further, calling on the Senate to expel Chase.

A senator since 2016, Chase has been at odds with her own party’s leaders for cursing out a Capitol Police officer over a parking spot and claiming on Facebook that Virginia Democrats “hate white people.” With an AR-15 strapped across her chest, Chase appeared at a gun rights rally in July with “boogaloo boys,” a far-right anti-government group pushing for a second civil war. (Chase said she didn’t know who was in the crowd.)

• Thank You 9

• 1 month later...

Of course they did

The Arizona Republican Party sent a clear signal Saturday that its leadership remains loyal to former President Donald Trump when it voted to publicly punish Arizona Gov. Doug Ducey, former Sen. Jeff Flake and Cindy McCain, all of whom opposed Trump's efforts to overturn President Joe Biden's victory, or in the case of Flake and McCain, endorsed the Democrat before the election.

The decision to censure those three Republicans -- in addition to re-electing controversial chairwoman Kelli Ward -- solidified the rightward shift of the official party, while also reflecting the deep fractures among Arizona Republicans over the future of the GOP, which suffered bruising defeats at the ballot box in 2020 in this increasingly purple state.

Biden flipped Arizona last fall -- the first time a Democrat has carried the state in a presidential election since Bill Clinton won the state in 1996 -- and Democrat Mark Kelly defeated Martha McSally in the US Senate race, just two years after McSally lost the state's other Senate seat to a Democrat.

The three Republicans are being formally censured for what the state party described in its meeting as a variety of "failures."

Namely they weren't reich enough for the party's tastes.

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 5

Nailed it 

Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's leading infectious disease expert, said Monday evening he was extremely worried by former President Donald Trump's dangerous April suggestion that ingesting disinfectant could possibly be used to treat Covid-19.

"I just said, 'Oh my goodness gracious.' I could just see what's going to happen," Fauci told CNN's Erin Burnett on "Out Front" of Trump's suggestion. 

"You're going to have people who hear that from the President and they're going to start doing dangerous and foolish things, which is the reason why, immediately, those of us who were not there said, 'This is something you should not do.' Be very explicit. The (US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention) came out, I think, the next day and put in one of their publications, 'Do not do this.'"

Yeah we all saw what happened when people listened to the orange fuck. 

• Upvote 6

• 3 weeks later...

Just came across this one of a sovereign citizen BT praying to fuck face to get him out of trouble with the law....

• WTF 3
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

LOL, Dinesh was cancelled.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

Sweet Rufus, I don't know whether to laugh or cry at her arrogant ignorance. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 8
  • Thank You 2

"Ignrnt"

it is so funny when people use this word wrong. But this is the first time I've hearing anyone pronounce it wrong. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

I try so hard to respond to content, not looks, but then this woman tops off her idiocy with a Gary Oldman as Dracula hairstyle and I lose all my resolve.

Spoiler

image.png.3cb292adb0d1189b8266cdc60d044698.png

• Haha 12

On 3/7/2021 at 3:52 PM, fraurosena said:

What, no details about the movie???

OT: Just started reading Hope Never Dies. Totally fun!

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 weeks later...

I had no idea she had a show.

image.png.0430a6d70653babf246001ace2adb367.png

Dennis Prager is behind this:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.70bba120c268aba6d95b041bf2dcd93f.png

Give us money to keep her show free! :doh:

• Eyeroll 5
  • Thank You 1

Traitors

Moscow's ambassador to the U.S. has said that his embassy in Washington, D.C. has received messages of support and apologies from Americans for President Joe Biden's remarks about his Russian counterpart.

Anatoly Antonov has been recalled to Moscow following the comments by the U.S. president during an interview with ABC News which aired on Wednesday. Biden agreed with the assertion that Putin was a "killer" and said that he would "pay a price" for alleged U.S. electoral interference.

The interview followed an intelligence report that concluded Russia had tried to meddle in the 2020 presidential election, something that Moscow has denied.

Antonov responded to the Biden interview with a statement on the Russian embassy's Facebook page overnight on Friday.

This makes me angry. 

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 5

I'm driving home from work today, and there's a pickup truck waiting to turn onto the street I was on, front a site street on the left (insert joke about perpendicular and the Duggar SOTDRT). The passenger side of the truck looks weird, so I slow down a little to get a better look. There's a decal on the window, a side profile of Trump, so it looks like he's a passenger. Stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen. And googling it, I see that I too can get one from Wal-Mart for $8.92.

• Disgust 3
  • WTF 6

Who in his right mind wants to look like Trump?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

10 hours ago, JMarie said:

The passenger side of the truck looks weird, so I slow down a little to get a better look. There's a decal on the window, a side profile of Trump, so it looks like he's a passenger. Stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen. And googling it, I see that I too can get one from Wal-Mart for $8.92.

When I was driving through a trumpy area a couple of hours from my house, I saw a few of them. As I'm a huge Star Trek fan, I'd prefer one of these:

image.png.7a512a691bceee1158f3b22e33c4ffca.png

image.png.7d2744ef64c919175bad72e61ac46fe6.png

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

If I put a Trump decal in my car like that, I wouldn't even blame the person who tried to run into me :confusion-shrug:

ETA: Yesterday I saw a woman in a MAGA hat around 5:30pm on a busy street corner holding a large American flag with trump's face like imposed on it. She was absolutely screaming about something and looked like a lunatic. 

Edited by front hugs > duggs
  • Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 8

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

As it’s William Shatner’s 90th birthday, that first decal is a quite a fitting homage today.

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Ooooh, I'll take Patrick Stewart as Picard, please and thank you!

I've come close to hitting the "Buy Now" button for the Gorn sticker.

• Haha 7

Trouble in Parlerdise

Parler co-founder and former chief executive John Matze is suing the social media platform over his ouster as CEO earlier this year, alleging that his 40% stake in the company was stolen from him.

Matze is seeking "millions in compensatory" damages for the "orchestrated theft" of his part ownership of Parler, according to his lawsuit filed Monday in Clark County District Court, Nevada. 

The site was grounded after the January 6 Capitol rampage by supporters of then-President Donald Trump. Apple and Google banned the app from their ecommerce stores, while Amazon cut off its web-hosting services to Parler over its unwillingness to remove posts promoting violence after the Capitol riot.

After Parler's plug was effectively pulled, Matze was forced out by conservative donor Rebekah Mercer, another co-founder who funded Parler's launch, according to previous statements by Matze as well as his suit. 

• Thank You 8

On 3/23/2021 at 8:43 AM, GreyhoundFan said:

When I was driving through a trumpy area a couple of hours from my house, I saw a few of them. As I'm a huge Star Trek fan, I'd prefer one of these:

I saw one on the back side window of an SUV this morning - it was a horse making a crazy face.

Much better than the former guy.

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I saw one on the back side window of an SUV this morning - it was a horse making a crazy face.

Much better than the former guy.

Well, if it was the back end of the horse, it could be confused with the former guy.

• Haha 9
  • I Agree 1

On 3/23/2021 at 8:08 AM, front hugs > duggs said:

If I put a Trump decal in my car like that, I wouldn't even blame the person who tried to run into me :confusion-shrug:

ETA: Yesterday I saw a woman in a MAGA hat around 5:30pm on a busy street corner holding a large American flag with trump's face like imposed on it. She was absolutely screaming about something and looked like a lunatic. 

When I went to vote I was parked next to someone who had one of those Trump things in their back window.  I spent the entire time in line trying to figure out who was gross enough to drive around with that.

• Haha 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic