IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 4: Deplorables Are Everywhere

GreyhoundFan

Based on the rousing success of the various attempts to isolate themselves that Texas has made, I'm totally fine with conservatives coming up with their own healthcare, financial, etc. services. Have fun with that.

• Upvote 11

Every once in a while (and a lot more often over the past few years), I wonder when the Great Experiment bites the dust and the this country splits apart. I don’t even think it would be a bad thing per se. Although, if we split it geographically, it would be weird  to need a passport to visit Disney… 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

Every once in a while (and a lot more often over the past few years), I wonder when the Great Experiment bites the dust and the this country splits apart. I don’t even think it would be a bad thing per se. Although, if we split it geographically, it would be weird  to need a passport to visit Disney… 

I think we'd shatter into a few dozen new small countries and city-states.  It's not like 100 years ago when it was north versus south.  I think now it would be a lot more granular.  I could see the larger metropolitan areas  - think Chicago, St. Louis, the Twins, Baltimore/Washington, and so on wanting to be their own little countries.  I don't think that would be ideal to have dozens of little city states.  Plus there would be the whole refugee problem too as people flee branch trumpvidian shitholes like Iowa.  

• Upvote 6

13 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I think we'd shatter into a few dozen new small countries and city-states.  It's not like 100 years ago when it was north versus south.  I think now it would be a lot more granular.  I could see the larger metropolitan areas  - think Chicago, St. Louis, the Twins, Baltimore/Washington, and so on wanting to be their own little countries.  I don't think that would be ideal to have dozens of little city states.  Plus there would be the whole refugee problem too as people flee branch trumpvidian shitholes like Iowa.  

I agree - I think it's more likely to be Metropolitan areas either being one interconnected country or their own city-states, while rural areas combine into Trumpmenistan. I live in a purple town in a red county, and work in a blue city. It'd be a mess. The cities have all the major airports and tech jobs (and most hospitals too, I think) but are largely blue, the rural areas grow all the food but are largely red... I can't see how it would possibly work.

I can, however, see Texas deciding to secede, and possibly taking a couple of the deep-South states to it's right with it. I don't think Georgia or NC would go, but SC might. Florida might split - I'd think the far southern parts wouldn't want to secede but the panhandle and upper parts might. It's all so mixed up. It'd be easier if it was all red in one section and all blue in another, but it's not - especially in the South the cities are largely democrat, and the rural areas are much more republican. 

I'd end up in a city, even if I had to move. I spent a week at the beach recently and was horrified to find that Amazon Prime delivery was going to take nearly a full week to arrive. I'm so incredibly spoiled by being near a biggish city, and being able to have stuff on my doorstep within hours, most of the time. 

• Upvote 7

I'm sure that if the split comes, it will be fought tooth and nail against by the red states. Yes, you read that correctly, they will fight against splitting off.

Most, if not all, of the red states are also the poorest, and cannot survive without federal aid. It is most decidedly not in their interests to split off from the rich, blue states. No self-respecting money grabbing Republican would agree to losing that, no matter how much they may be threatening to do so now. 

When the time comes, simply call their bluff, and see what happens.

Although, on second thought, Brexit did happen despite everyone knowing it would mean economic disaster for Britain, so Icould very well be wrong...

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Most, if not all, of the red states are also the poorest, and cannot survive without federal aid. It is most decidedly not in their interests to split off from the rich, blue states. No self-respecting money grabbing Republican would agree to losing that, no matter how much they may be threatening to do so now. 

This is very true. The red states think they are the majority and will be just fine, but when it comes down to it they'd be like the poor districts in The Hunger Games if they did split off. And they don't believe in governmental help - as much as they rely on federal aid they are the ones who are against it. The rich people in the red states would get richer and richer, and the poor people would starve, and the divide would get bigger and bigger because they don't believe in helping people who haven't somehow "earned" or otherwise "deserve" any help.

But, they'd be convinced everything is great. Their media would portray them as ruggedly individualistic and free, and they'd have their guns, so... yay?

• Upvote 8

On 10/4/2021 at 10:57 PM, Cartmann99 said:

I think the Photoshopped kid is actually a picture of Donald when he was little.  I've seen it before now.  

Yes, it's absolutely a cult.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Xan said:

I think the Photoshopped kid is actually a picture of Donald when he was little.

Yes - that's a picture of the little guy who grew old (but not up) to be a big piece of shit.

image.png.10659de8804058b8d1be3322d84a9d1a.png

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

18 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Yes - that's a picture of the little guy who grew old (but not up) to be a big piece of shit.

Is anybody else getting serious "Exorcist" vibes from that picture?

• I Agree 3

1 hour ago, AlmostSavedAtTacoBell said:

Is anybody else getting serious "Exorcist" vibes from that picture?

I get more of a Damian from The Omen vibe, but all the possessed kids from the 70s were unsettling. 😱

image.png.3e80198318a6500c7705e86b49edd835.png

Also, Lee Remick's turban in this shot? :scared-eek:

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

I get more of a Damian from The Omen vibe, but all the possessed kids from the 70s were unsettling. 😱

image.png.3e80198318a6500c7705e86b49edd835.png

Also, Lee Remick's turban in this shot? :scared-eek:

Yep, nailed it.  And that turban is fantastic.  But nobody turbans a turban like Gloria Swanson in Sunset Boulevard. 

• Upvote 7

On 10/5/2021 at 2:36 PM, Not that josh's mom said:

not sure if this is where to share this comment. Just read that 53% of Iowans approve of Trump. On my way to work, I see three Trump banners and two anti Biden ones. I love my home state, I really do, but this is so sad.   

On Tuesday, just up the street from the clinic where I receive OT, there was a pickup truck towing a trailer with “The Trump Shop” on it(with, presumably, trinkets featuring TFG for sale). 

• Upvote 3

Charlie looks like he woke up five minutes before his show.

• Thank You 7

That shark  . . . thing . . . reminded me that I haven't checked on Jon McNaughton in a while. He's got a few new things.

Hannity never looked this good IRL:

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ff25e20482257fc94e621ce0e16d7181.png

Angels or ghosts, Jon? I'm surprised he didn't add Trump, heroically saving people:

Spoiler

image.png.b486f099f2e3ac50d5b07b1695ec6739.png

Oooh, Democrats are scary!

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.336d1a3ec1be0e3ac6ced29acbdace31.png

He says he hid lots of things in it, and you really must read the poem! He makes John Shrader sound like William Shakespeare.

https://jonmcnaughton.com/trick-or-treat-11x14-open-edition-litho-print/

“Trick or Treat” by Jon McNaughton

The Scariest Halloween painting of all time.
Have you seen?
Did it make you laugh
or make you scream?

A haunted building for the Acussator
Was once a place of great rapport.
Fenced from within and now from without,
We have no idea what they’re talking about.

The mummy of this ghoulish troupe
Fills his bucket with treats and goop.
Follow his lead and ask for treats,
But his tricks are filled with painful deceits.

She holds the keys that were once procured,
The potions and spells that have occurred.
And in the future she may announce
A coveted chair in the People’s House.

The rat eats the leftovers in the grass
From the peculiar parties of the past.
Their crimson shoes
Hiding in the nyloplast.

Then from the city that never sleeps
He finds a way to spin his gore.
Because politics is his life pursuit,
And less is less and more is more.

Shall we hail the queen of darkness,
The Witchiest of the West?
She stirs with her power to coalesce
And place the country under House Arrest.

There is a ghost that walks amongst them.
He hangs like an elf on a shelf.
But if you think he’s dead, just remember,
He did not kill himself.             

They say he’s slick as a willie
And a heart full of rot.
“Did I do that to them?
I never - of course not!”

That’s not the devil, He’s not even bad.
His policies are just the launching pad.
To fundamentally change a country that’s blessed,
For more crime, division, and social unrest.

Who’s this that runs the committees?
He’s protecting the dirty nitty-gritties.
Not a single Republican he won’t eschew.
He’ll suck the blood right out of you!

Remember, there is no justice when laws are ignored.
Here lies the truth across the board
That when free speech shall “Rest in Peace,”
Evil wins and good retreats!

Jon - "acussator?" Is that someone who accuses you of using swear words?

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

Yyyychh! That word salad thing is not a poem, nor is it a rhyme.  It has no meter at all, words that are meant to rhyme not only don’t sound like each other but their spelling doesn’t even look like they should. 

I’ll admit that despite the subject matter McNaughton has some talent at painting, but this thing masquerading as a poem looks like a child’s first awkward attempt at writing. And he has the gall to publish it as if he’s written something akin to Shakespeare…

Spoiler

When, in disgrace with fortune and men’s eyes,
I all alone beweep my outcast state,
And trouble deaf heaven with my bootless cries,
And look upon myself, and curse my fate,
Wishing me like to one more rich in hope,
Featur’d like him, like him with friends possess’d,
Desiring this man’s art and that man’s scope,
With what I most enjoy contented least;
Yet in these thoughts myself almost despising,
Haply I think on thee, and then my state,
Like to the lark at break of day arising
From sullen earth, sings hymns at heaven’s gate;
For thy sweet love remember’d such wealth brings
That then I scorn to change my state with kings.

[sonnet 29]

• Upvote 8

On 10/7/2021 at 10:42 AM, thoughtful said:

I feel sorry for the damaged child who grew up to be the man he did. His older brother dying of alcoholism indicates something was very wrong in that family.

• Upvote 11

10 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Charlie looks like he woke up five minutes before his show.

Well, they believe people should have to get a marriage license to have sex.  Potayto, potahto.

Edited by smittykins
  • Upvote 7

11 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I feel sorry for the damaged child who grew up to be the man he did. His older brother dying of alcoholism indicates something was very wrong in that family.

I agree with you in feeling sorry for the child. It appears from the accounts of the family his father was a cruel and unloving patriarch and DJT spent his life trying to please him to earn love and respect. Children who grow up in that kind of environment really do suffer. I draw the line at the choice to continue to inflict that cruelty on others, including one’s own children. It absolutely is a choice (as evidenced by the many people who grow up in very abusive homes and make conscious decisions to raise their children without the abuse) and DJT gets no sympathy from me as a grown adult. It is tragic that despite being sent to expensive schools, some teacher or staff didn’t see DJT’s issues and get him some help, but as they say, those were different times. I do think one positive aspect of his election is that it seems to have sparked a bigger understanding of “hidden” abuse such as Narcissistic Personality Disorder parents and how their children are emotionally abused. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

Drink enough strong coffee and a $15 pee funnel starts to sound reasonable.

• Haha 9

Ah, yes, it's the meaningless sentence fragment, bunch o' buzzwords pro-Trump rant.

With the communism and the persecution and the mandates, y'know?

• Upvote 6

*nods* You'd think the omniscient being who chose Rich to deliver his message would know that. :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic