IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 4: Deplorables Are Everywhere

GreyhoundFan

29 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

When I went to vote I was parked next to someone who had one of those Trump things in their back window.  I spent the entire time in line trying to figure out who was gross enough to drive around with that.

Did you see anyone there with a fornicate face hat on?  Or anyone wearing a flag shirt, hat, pants, ties, etc.  It seems to me that most times people that wear flag clothing often are BTs.  Not all the time but often enough that I unfortunately find myself assuming people who do so are BTs until proven otherwise. 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Did you see anyone there with a fornicate face hat on?  Or anyone wearing a flag shirt, hat, pants, ties, etc.  It seems to me that most times people that wear flag clothing often are BTs.  Not all the time but often enough that I unfortunately find myself assuming people who do so are BTs until proven otherwise. 

I didn't see anyone wearing hate gear, but it was cold and people were bundled up.  

I mentioned to my kids a while back that one of the many sad things about the Trump era is that it's made me distrustful of people sporting the flag either on clothing, their homes, or businesses.  I've never been a flag waver myself, but I never side eyed it before him.  I used to assume people who flew flags on their homes outside of the 4th of July were vets.  And our neighborhood has SO many flags it made me nervous when we moved in 3 years ago.  But there wasn't one Trump sign in our neighborhood during election season.  I am chalking it up to my neighborhood skewing hard elderly (my middle aged self is the youngest by a good 20 years of most of my close neighbors) and that it's less a political statement than something they've always done.  

My father immigrated here as a child from Germany and served in the Marines during WWII.  I believe that's a large part of why he expected us to appreciate how lucky we were to be born here.  My grandparents emigrating literally saved him from being raised in Nazi Germany.

I am in possession of the flag they gave us at his burial and I'll never forget the gentlemen who had also served in WWII who presented it to us at his burial after the gun salute.  It makes me sad that the symbolism for some now is so very different and how sickened my father, and all those like him who risked so much, would be if they'd seen how it was used for violence and defaced by terrorists at the capital.  

I'm with you, though.  Excepting elderly vets selling poppies for the American Legion I an wary of anyone sporting an American flag.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 7

Not that it would actually stop many of the BTs, but you're not allowed to wear partisan clothing or buttons etc at a polling place.

A flag image would be fine, or something encouraging voting in general, but stuff saying a candidate's name or slogan (ie MAGA) would not.

That is considered "electioneering", ie trying to persuade people to vote a certain way, and it's not legal to do that within 100 feet of a polling place.

(in California, at least, but I believe these are nationwide laws)

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

I think I recently mentioned this in a Duggar thread, but I also assume, whether this is right or wrong, that people wearing Americana clothing/accessories are Trumpers. I hate that I can get disgusted by the sight of our flag. I do agree that much of the "flag" stuff screams nationalism to me, but I still don't think the sight of my country's flag should sicken me.

I got rid of so many of my clothes and haven't replaced them bc I don't leave the house. But I do now live in FL and I only have one pair of denim shorts, and they have very slight hints of stars and stripes on the pockets. I'm terrified of wearing them, the idea of people making those same assumptions about me.

*Yes, I know I shouldn't care what people think of me. But I REALLY don't want anyone to think I'm MAGA ever!!!*

Edited by front hugs > duggs
  • Upvote 11

36 minutes ago, church_of_dog said:

Not that it would actually stop many of the BTs, but you're not allowed to wear partisan clothing or buttons etc at a polling place.

A flag image would be fine, or something encouraging voting in general, but stuff saying a candidate's name or slogan (ie MAGA) would not.

That is considered "electioneering", ie trying to persuade people to vote a certain way, and it's not legal to do that within 100 feet of a polling place.

(in California, at least, but I believe these are nationwide laws)

Please tell this to the several people I saw in line to vote last time wearing MAGA hats, Trump shirts, buttons, and other paraphernalia. It was obnoxious.

However, they are the crazies, and the ones I'm less concerned about as far as voting. It's the normally dressed, respectable, normal, regular people who quietly voted for him who concern me. What happened to these people to make them think anything about anything related to the former guy was OK?

I also tend to avoid anything with an american flag or americana stuff on it now. Which I realize is kind of dumb, but... yeah.

I'm the type to be a little odd about flags and logos and such for countries - like I didn't feel like I had the right to wear stuff with Paris and the Eiffel Tower on it until I'd actually been there. As much as I adore the Doc Martens with the Union flag (Union Jack? UK flag? What's the correct name?) I'm kind of reluctant to get or wear them since I'm not British. I've got only a tiny bit of Irish descent so I don't wear a "kiss me I'm Irish" pin at St. Patrick's day. (Yes I realize these things are kind of silly.) So I'm not one of those Americans who travels abroad wearing a Canada pin so people won't look down on them for being from the US. But I do shy away from things with the US flag on them, too. I like stars, they're a favorite motif for me for jewelry and such. But if they're associated with red and blue I'm likely to pass them up. 

It sucks how the worst of us have made the rest of us ashamed.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I saw a dude with a life size (but skinnier, lol) cardboard cutout of Trump and as people walked by he asked if you wanted to take a picture with the cut out.

I just looked at him, looked the other way, and kept on walking :pb_lol:

• Haha 6

8 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I saw a dude with a life size (but skinnier, lol) cardboard cutout of Trump and as people walked by he asked if you wanted to take a picture with the cut out.

I just looked at him, looked the other way, and kept on walking :pb_lol:

Where was this?  At the polls?

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Where was this?  At the polls?

Yes, I believe it was the "appropriate" amount of distance away from the polls themselves, but because of social distancing, the line to vote went back pretty far, and he was positioned between where people parked and got in line.

• Upvote 4

@Alisamer I understand, and I have similar quirks -- my local Chamber of Commerce (which is a whole nother kettle of fish, don't get me started) has made shirts saying "my roots are in xxxxxx Valley". 

Said valley has maybe 1500 people total and most kids move away after they grow up, so I can see how this might be an appealing sort of fundraiser.  

But while I have been in the area more than 15 years, I didn't grow up here so I don't feel right wearing something saying my "roots" are here, even though I'd happily wear a shirt with just the name of the place and not the "roots" phrase...

• Upvote 7

15 hours ago, Alisamer said:

As much as I adore the Doc Martens with the Union flag (Union Jack? UK flag? What's the correct name?)

Union Jack.

I avoid wearing or having stickers or decals or anything with the Australian flag on for much the same reasons when I'm home - it has become a symbol appropriated by xenophobic nationalists on many fronts. Overseas the boxing kangaroo symbol was popular to use on backpacks for a while, mostly because the union Jack in the corner of the flag led to having to talk about British colonialism (whereas as the kangaroo led to people imitating them - much more lighthearted! "Australia! Kangaroo!" *hop hop*)

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

Our Trumpian neighbors just told us they are selling their house and moving to Idaho or South Dakota because sovereignty, anti-mask, something, something.  We are hopeful we get good new neighbors, and especially glad he’s taking his AR-15 away with him.  
My condolences to Idaho (or South Dakota). 

Edited by CTRLZero
Oops.
  • Upvote 15
  • Love 6

1 hour ago, CTRLZero said:

Our Trumpian neighbors just told us they are selling their house and moving to Idaho or South Dakota because sovereignty, anti-mask, something, something.  We are hopeful we get good new neighbors, and especially glad he’s taking his AR-15 away with him.  

Whichever place they move, they will fit right in.

Idaho- burn masks, we aren't wearing them any more, Covid is over.

Also Idaho- the Idaho Legislature shut down a week ago because 6 of 70 House members tested positive for Covid. (I think the legislature is back up again).

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1

My nearing 90 YO, silent Trump supporting parents voiced concerns about the pandemic being a hoax. However, my mom does wear a mask and my dad pretty much stays at home. They’ve been real quiet since their 92 YO  perfectly healthy neighbor got COVID and died. They both took the first vaccine available to them.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 3

On 3/27/2021 at 9:23 PM, CTRLZero said:

Yeah make it easy for your neighbor BTs to sell their home by not doing stuff like this when the realtor shows off the home. 

• Haha 6

A few years back we had a neighbor with whom we did not get along at all. So much so, that when DH saw that they were selling their house he literally did a happy dance. Now, that house was nothing special and needed renovation, so we weren’t too optimistic about the house selling quickly, but we were so happy we could finally be getting rid of them.

Then one evening as he came home DH happened to see a young couple eyeing the house, and he asked them if they were interested in it. They told him they were waiting for the realtor to arrive for a viewing. DH made some polite conversation and gradually began enthusing about our friendly and welcoming neighborhood and the possibilities of the house until their realtor arrived.

They ended up buying the house and we love having them as our neighbors. They later told us that their conversation with DH had been a contributing factor in their decision making.

Which just goes to show that you can definitely influence the sale of a neighboring house!

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 9
  • Love 9

Deplorables are everywhere - no kidding.  Guys, I took a drive into a fairly rural area of the country today - Trump flags and signs were EVERYWHERE, in front of private homes and also businesses.  Businesses!  Apparently the stink of Trump is no detriment to business in this part of the country. His groupies will NOT go quiet into the good night.  It was frankly chilling.  

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

Sounds like my neck of the woods. Trump supporters aren't going away anytime soon.  Lunatics.  Every single one of them.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

• 2 weeks later...

Yes it was and thank you for posting it! 

There must have been a wrinkle in the time-space internet continuum yesterday.

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...

No tears being shed for Ted:

image.png.a2018990216b5593a8ed3d332e928cc7.png

• Upvote 10

13 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Why did little Ben Shapiro buy one piece of wood?  And he made them put it in a bag?  You don't put lumber in a bag.  I think the odds are that he just bought it to post this on Instagram.  I bet you'll find that board in his garbage can later this week.

The owner of Home Depot is known to support Republicans anyway.  I stopped shopping with them a couple of years ago.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, Xan said:

I think the odds are that he just bought it to post this on Instagram.  I bet you'll find that board in his garbage can later this week.

He could use it to do this (in fact, I hope he does!):

• Haha 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic