IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 4: Deplorables Are Everywhere

GreyhoundFan

Continued from here:

• Thank You 3

I don't even open it, just cross out my address, write "return to sender" on the envelope and leave it in the mail box. Eventually they get the message and I don't have to pay for postage.

Quoting from @Bethella, this is what I did when I took over my folks' estate and solicitations for donations were still showing up.   Nothing involving political or religious groups but still time they got the message there was nothing at the other end.  It seemed to work.

• Upvote 4

This made me smile a bit. Maybe Wohl will do some time!

• Upvote 4

I've debated a lot about where to put this, but I'm going with politics over coronavirus. How is what is happening in Michigan not terrorism? I'll be honest, I don't get it. Armed protesters forcing the shut down of government with apparently no repercussions? I don't know what options the legislators have (can they call out the National Guard to protect legislators? Deploy police?) but I am amazed that this open refusal of democratic process and rule of law is just... allowed. 

I am also dubious as hell that if the protesters were anything other than white males that it would be.

Of all the things in the US that concern me this open refusal to engage with the democratic process and rely on force is one of the most worrying. The protesters could stand there without weapons and make their alleged point - but if their point is actually "we will overthrow any government we disagree with" then yes, they need weapons.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

@Ozlsn They refuse to engage with the democratic process because Republicans have trained them to think it's rigged.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

11 minutes ago, AmericanRose said:

@Ozlsn They refuse to engage with the democratic process because Republicans have trained them to think it's rigged.

But not to question who is doing the rigging and why...

• Upvote 4

4 minutes ago, Ozlsn said:

But not to question who is doing the rigging and why...

The Deep State, of course! They want to line us up in front of death panels and make us rely on the government!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

I didn't think it was possible to have a negative number of brain cells. These three proved me wrong.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 5

I think my IQ just dropped 50 points.

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...

Who the hell would pay for a message from Gorka?

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 3

Another idiotic deplorable:

• WTF 3
  • Haha 3

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Another idiotic deplorable:

Damn. I wish there was a non-racist, non-biased way to have a basic competency test for people to vote. 

Also, the people DID speak. The majority of them voted for Hillary Clinton.

• Upvote 9

I agree with the word creepy.

• Disgust 10

17 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I agree with the word creepy.

Sexualizing young girls is right in line with Trump's proclivities, so yeah, it's really creepy... but not terribly surprising.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

Sigh

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 3

The house just before the entrance to my complex has a big Trump/Pence 2020 flag at the end of the driveway(the house is set back from the road).  Of course, I would never do anything—vandalism is wrong—but I always give a mental one-finger salute when we go by.

• Upvote 7

11 minutes ago, smittykins said:

The house just before the entrance to my complex has a big Trump/Pence 2020 flag at the end of the driveway(the house is set back from the road).  Of course, I would never do anything—vandalism is wrong—but I always give a mental one-finger salute when we go by.

There's one house I try to avoid driving by, not too far from where I live. They have three huge flagpoles out front - like the kind you'd see at a school. The big one has the largest confederate flag I've ever seen flying from it, and the other two are a US flag and a POW/MIA flag, and Trump/Pence flags flying below those. They have Trump/Pence signs, a "heritage not hate" sign with a confederate flag on it (lots of those around here), and a big "Impeach Obozo" banner they had made that's been up for nearly 12 years now. They occasionally add other random political or patriotic things as well.

If I, a white woman who grew up nearby on a farm, feel uncomfortable driving past that house, I can't even imagine how frightening it must be for people of color.

• Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 2
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, Alisamer said:

There's one house I try to avoid driving by, not too far from where I live. They have three huge flagpoles out front - like the kind you'd see at a school. The big one has the largest confederate flag I've ever seen flying from it, and the other two are a US flag and a POW/MIA flag, and Trump/Pence flags flying below those. They have Trump/Pence signs, a "heritage not hate" sign with a confederate flag on it (lots of those around here), and a big "Impeach Obozo" banner they had made that's been up for nearly 12 years now. They occasionally add other random political or patriotic things as well.

If I, a white woman who grew up nearby on a farm, feel uncomfortable driving past that house, I can't even imagine how frightening it must be for people of color.

I have their opposites living near me.

A top their roof is some lighted seasonal thing (Santa, Bunny, Leprechaun...now just generic cartoon man) with a stream of yellow lights running off the roof and puddling onto a wooden baby Trump about 3-4' high.

No matter when you go by something is always peeing on Trump.  I don't think they're fans!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

I need to listen to several hours of good music to try and erase this from my memory.

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

5 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I need to listen to several hours of good music to try and erase this from my memory.

I got the "This media cannot be played" message, which is Rufus' way of showing that he loves me. :hug:

• Haha 8

I wasn't sure where to post this, but decided on BT, since it involves Gorka. Rick Wilson and Molly Jong-Fast have a great new podcast. As a joke, their producer ordered a Cameo video from Gorka:

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

:disgust:

Well, I'd use the term incredible too, however in a very different way than junior. He is such a douchecanoe.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

10 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

:disgust:

I love Rick's take on the video:

• Haha 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic