IGNORED

American Horror Story

darareaksmey

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In season 1, the house's original owners were the Montgomery family. Season 3 had Madison Montgomery.

I felt bad for Pepper, but that episode overall was pretty boring.

• 3 weeks later...

Is season 4 any good? I honestly couldn't get past the first few episodes of Coven.

I reallly loved season 2, maybe because it was the first I saw, then season 1.

Is season 4 any good? I honestly couldn't get past the first few episodes of Coven.

I reallly loved season 2, maybe because it was the first I saw, then season 1.

I'm enjoying it even if it's not great. Some of the characters are fun. Neil Patrick Harris just showed up with a magic act and a ventriloquist dummy, so that's pretty cool.

It's much less creepy and gross than previous seasons.

The plot is all over the place, which is standard for this show.

In season 1, the house's original owners were the Montgomery family. Season 3 had Madison Montgomery.

I felt bad for Pepper, but that episode overall was pretty boring.

Been a few years since I've seen S1 of the show but pretty sure the family's name was Harmon not Montgomery. S4 finale is next week and so far it's better than S3 but still can't match the great writing from the first two seasons.

Been a few years since I've seen S1 of the show but pretty sure the family's name was Harmon not Montgomery. S4 finale is next week and so far it's better than S3 but still can't match the great writing from the first two seasons.

Not the current-day family, the original owners. The one with the monster baby in the basement.

Not the current-day family, the original owners. The one with the monster baby in the basement.

Ohhhh, I didn't know that. Wonder if Murphy did it on purpose?

He might have, he might not have, but you can be sure that if they were linked, somebody will say it was planned all along.

I do not approve of that ending at all. Why the hell did Elsa get to be a star in the afterlife? Why do all the people she betrayed have to spend eternity catering to her? Ugh.

I'm wondering if it was intended to show that the others had evolved and forgave her or something. They were better than her in the end?

Or maybe she realized her mistakes and hence got a better deal in the end. To be honest, I'm not sure how else it would have ended. Mordrake had already told her she had no soul and she couldn't come with him, and the "Jessica Lange character ends up in a weird personal hell" thing was already done last season. Forgiveness was rather unexpected, at least for me.

Elsa killed Ethel.

She threw a knife into Paul's stomach.

She blackmailed Penny into silence with movies taken of her drug/freak orgy.

She sold the twins to Dandy, and then sold the whole freakshow to him.

She ditched Pepper.

She treated her husband terribly.

Elsa did not earn any kind of redemption. The others were planning to kill her before Dandy killed all of them, so I don't see how or when they would have evolved or forgiven her.

Elsa killed Ethel.

She threw a knife into Paul's stomach.

She blackmailed Penny into silence with movies taken of her drug/freak orgy.

She sold the twins to Dandy, and then sold the whole freakshow to him.

She ditched Pepper.

She treated her husband terribly.

Elsa did not earn any kind of redemption. The others were planning to kill her before Dandy killed all of them, so I don't see how or when they would have evolved or forgiven her.

I am with you. Elsa was the real horror this year. I just don't think Ryan Murphy could be that cruel to Jessica Lange, which is why she gets a happy ending.

• 4 weeks later...

I am with you. Elsa was the real horror this year. I just don't think Ryan Murphy could be that cruel to Jessica Lange, which is why she gets a happy ending.

She's also said this is her last season so that could be a reason.

It's also said Sarah Paulson won't be coming back because she's now in "American Crime Story".

And though they both said it's their last, they would consider coming back if they fell in love with a new character.

Even though they'll be gone I hope Lily Rabe gets a big part in season 5, which is supposed to air later this year.

Season 5 is also said it be very closely related to season 4 (hope not, I didn't watch it). Some are saying maybe radiation or war or something.

Honestly, I kind of want a vampire season. It could be very dark, plus I don't think the writing would make it too cliche.

• 3 months later...

Bumping up the thread because I'm currently working my way through the series trying to get caught up by the time Hotel premieres.

I'm about halfway through Coven, and so far, Asylum has been my favorite, although you really can't go wrong once Kathy Bates gets involved.

I caught parts of Freak show which caused me to go back to the beginning.

Why did Zachary Quinto stop after season two, again?

I wish Evan Peters would keep his hair short and dark, I don't like the whole "rejected one direction member" look on him. He's kinda cute though.

Lily Rabe is great, and I'm hoping that with Jessica and Sarah leaving (sad) that it means she gets a bigger role this time around.

I'm not sold on Lady Gaga being I'm next season, though I love her, and I just don't like Emma Roberts. Any word on if she's signed back on?

I'm not a Gaga fan either. :?

I haven't seen confirmation about Emma Roberts, but she's in a new show called Scream Queens, so maybe she'll be too busy.

One can hope. I just don't like her.

Also, I know this was years ago now, but did anyone catch that Lana's Briarcliff exposé was based pretty heavily on Geraldo Rivera's exposé on Willowbrook back in 1972? In fact iirc, some of the dialogue was taken directly from The Last Great Disgrace. Now that, in my opinion, is more disturbing than anything they could've come up with because Willowbrook was a very real place. Had to watch it for my job training when I got hired on and it's still the most bone chilling thing I've ever seen, so those scenes in Asylum were even more terrible to me, at least.

I watched a documentary called "Cropsey" right after Asylum aired, and it had a clip of the Geraldo/Willowbrook thing. It struck me immediately that it was the inspiration for Lana's report. It's almost a shot-for-shot recreation. Shudder.

Yeah, it's obvious that it was based pretty heavily on Willowbrook. I don't know if I heard this somewhere or just thought it, but the thought that came to mind when watching that part of Asylum was, "Sometimes the only thing more terrifying than horror in ficto is real life".

The Willowbrook exposé is online if anyone can stomach it. It's an eye opener and a sobering reminder of how people with disabilities have been treated for years.

So we have Season Four airing over here at the moment, and having been curious about this show for a while, and knowing each season has it's own plot and storyline, I've jumped in.

I just skipped all the posts above that are about S4 (I think) and just wanted to ask, how Season 4 compares with previous seasons? Better, worse, or just as good as I'm considering whether to get the previous three seasons. Are they worth watching?

So we have Season Four airing over here at the moment, and having been curious about this show for a while, and knowing each season has it's own plot and storyline, I've jumped in.

I just skipped all the posts above that are about S4 (I think) and just wanted to ask, how Season 4 compares with previous seasons? Better, worse, or just as good as I'm considering whether to get the previous three seasons. Are they worth watching?

They all have their moments, but I think the first two are the best.

Asylum (the second season) is hard to take if you have trouble with medical/surgical horror.

Thank you HA, I think I shall get the earlier seasons on that recommendation :D

Archived