IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen 39: Practicing Social Distancing by.... Having Family Night

HerNameIsBuffy

23 hours ago, HereticHick said:

I am kinda surprised that none of the Duggars traveled to Tulsa for the Trump Covid-19 SuperSpreader Rally. Its about 100 miles I think.

I could see that. 

JB and M: "Hey kids, let's all go to support Trump and get coronavirus! Remember: Guns good, abortion bad!" 

Kids: "Yayyyy!" 

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 4

16 hours ago, llg1234 said:

I wonder if half of Jeremiah's personality is the fact that he's a pilot like a certain other Duggar son. I didn't even know that he was a pilot in the first place, but it's not like he has social media or is on Counting On much.

What is with the Duggar and Bates and being pilots though??

are those bibles in the back seat pocket? Do they travel without them - EVER? 

• Rufus Bless 1

On 6/22/2020 at 9:31 AM, finnlassie said:

I once again had a dream where I was forced to marry into the Duggars. This time it was JBoob, but his young self. After the ceremony he turned into his current self. Biggest turn off in my life.

That’s not a dream, that’s a nightmare.

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

and or have all their shit done at the tth

Obviously, unless they have a live-in or hired uterus at their bachelor pad.

4 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

What else do any of the Duggerlings have to do?  Not like they can go to school or get jobs, and JB only has so much work to go around, he's already supporting him & M, Josh, Anna the 6 M kids, Jana, JD, Abbie & baby, Jessa, Ben & their 3, JinJer & toddler, Joe, Kendra & kids, Josiah, Lauren & baby, Jed, Jer, Jason, James, Justin, Jackson, Johanna, Jenny, Jordyn & Josie.  I'm pretty sure only Jill & Joy are self supporting, this leave 39 people (including himself) to support. Unless you have Bill Gates/Jeff Bezos kind of money you aren't going to keep adding people to the payroll and still have money in 20 years, with out having some sort of business bringing profits. JB's need for control is going to ruin a large portion of his family. 

Austin & Joy's house flipping/building business will support a family of 8 or 10 depending on how the housing market does and how well his newly built homes are built. He could be a major contractor in NWA in 10 years and he could support a large chunk of howlers, if all goes well. I don't understand why none of the howlers are getting real estate licenses it would be nice to have a realtor in the family. Maybe Joy will get one in the near future to maximize profits on their house building. Didn't MEchelle have her license at one time? 

Derrick has the potential to make good money he should have 2 degrees here in the next year or so, one in accounting and one in law, that has the potential to open up lucrative job offers, he could go in to tax law. 

Joe has a real estate license, and he might be able to support his family. It’s not completely clear what JD does, but I get the impression he might be supporting his family too. Jeremy and Jinger might be supported by his savings and her social media income, and a separate contact with Counting On. Ben, Josiah, and the boy twins might have legit jobs with Jim Bob’s business. He has to pass it on to someone. The others are young enough that it’s not surprising that Jim Bob’s still supporting them. Josh is a total loss, of course. Anyway, given that he’s getting some work out of his kids, and between the show and his investments he does have a ton of money, I’m not going to worry about the Duggar finances anytime soon.

• Upvote 14

9 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

I could see that. 

JB and M: "Hey kids, let's all go to support Trump and get coronavirus! Remember: Guns good, abortion bad!" 

Kids: "Yayyyy!" 

Elizabeth Patton posted about such a road trip on her insta story. She's solidly duggar adjacent and imo on a short list of potential howler helpmeets, so it's possible some were there and are smart enough not to post about it.  

Honestly I think that post of hers bumped her up to my top guess for insufferable Jed.  I'd never seen her post anything political or trumpy, so why jump on that sinking ship *now* unless you're learning about the interests of your potential headship, the hot young face of next gen retrumplicanism?  And why wouldn't he be there? If he didn't go then he's officially the laziest candidate ever but he's so stinking sleazy he's probably organized a fellowship field trip for all the unmarried young adults, called it "mission work" and paid for it with campaign donations.   

I realize that's quite a leap and baseless speculation, but I welcomed the distraction this week and thought I'd throw it out there in case I'm right.  

• Upvote 9

I think Jason has been flipping houses (successfully?)

So I think the ones that seem to be employed by Jim Bob in property management/ selling cars are Josh, Joseph, Josiah, Jed, Jer and Ben, with the rest being in school (how old is James?). Ben seems also to still be in school? And maybe tutoring the Duggar kids if that wasn't made up for the show. I agree that JD seems to be employed/ self employed in a way that doesn't involve Jim Bob.

Both Jed and Joseph have at different times on the show appeared to be in charge of the car arm of the business, but maybe he has multiple locations like Josh did. Jed is presumably planning to stop working for his dad if he wins the election, and maybe even if he doesn't presumably if that's the direction he wants his career to go he would be looking to get a job in politics to gain experience etc.

Can Jer work as a flight instructor now he has his license? Is that a viable career?

I think, if Derrick is truthful about none of the kids being paid for the show, obviously the Duggar kids need to unionise.

• Haha 4

23 hours ago, CaricatureQualities said:

So the twins get to live on their own while still single? I know it's all probably because Jed is trying to be a politician and needs his own address and Jer needs to go protect him but If I was Jana I would be so pissed. I know it is her "desire" to stay in the beloved girls room and be content in this "season of life" and all that. But these 2 get to go off and live on their own outside the TTH and she can't get a place close by and have Laura or some other hanger on as a room-mate?  Jana can't even go on a trip without JB in tow it seems but the boys are good to have their own place. Okay then. Cool. Not like Jana would want her own place anyway since she apparently abhors the idea of having her own room.

Warning: Frightening time machine post ahead.

Zipping ahead around 10 years, I wonder what would happen with Jana if the other four younger girls got married. (Not necessarily 10 years, but that seemed like a good round number.) If there were no other female offspring at the TTH, would Jana finally be allowed to have her own room if living with her parents, or would that mean that she has to be given over to a different headship, so she could room with her nieces?

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Audrey2 said:

Zipping ahead around 10 years, I wonder what would happen with Jana if the other four younger girls got married. (Not necessarily 10 years, but that seemed like a good round number.) If there were no other female offspring at the TTH, would Jana finally be allowed to have her own room if living with her parents, or would that mean that she has to be given over to a different headship, so she could room with her nieces?

I could see Jana moving into their guest suite, especially if the howlers are slow to marry and it made sense to move some of them into the girls’ room. I doubt that they would be quite so nineteenth-century as to make her go live with a married sibling. Once she’s over 35 or 40 (just 5 or 10 years!), she might move into her own little garden cottage (probably on the Duggar estate) without anyone clutching their pearls.

• Upvote 13

1 hour ago, Audrey2 said:

Hmmm, like the Fundi Mary Poppins of Forever.

Who knows? In 10 years  most of them might be married off. several of them with dwellings on the compound. Jb and M might move to a smaller said dwelling and Josh and Anna or whoever has the most kids might be in the TTH

Rufus knows.  Rufus's nose.

Edited by CaricatureQualities
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

22 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Good question.  My guess is he will courtpose to someone shortly after the election, if he isn’t already courting by then.  

But then Jer would move back I guess, unless he also finds a bride.

In 10 years (or so), I think that Josh&Anna will have taken over the TTH. They probably have 10-12 kids by then, so they really need a bigger house. And most of the kids at home now will be married off. In 10 years, Josie will be 20, almost 21. Even if she isn't married, they don't need the TTH for two adults and 1-2 kids. 

I agree that JB&M will probably live close - perhaps take over the house near the TTH that Joe and Kendra are currently living in. 

• Upvote 6

I agree with @QuiverFullofBooks that Jana would be allowed to have her own little property on Duggar land. I mean, she would still be under the watchful eye and financial control of other Duggars so it wouldn't be a big deal. 

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

I think Jason has been flipping houses (successfully?)

So I think the ones that seem to be employed by Jim Bob in property management/ selling cars are Josh, Joseph, Josiah, Jed, Jer and Ben, with the rest being in school (how old is James?). Ben seems also to still be in school? And maybe tutoring the Duggar kids if that wasn't made up for the show. I agree that JD seems to be employed/ self employed in a way that doesn't involve Jim Bob.

Both Jed and Joseph have at different times on the show appeared to be in charge of the car arm of the business, but maybe he has multiple locations like Josh did. Jed is presumably planning to stop working for his dad if he wins the election, and maybe even if he doesn't presumably if that's the direction he wants his career to go he would be looking to get a job in politics to gain experience etc.

Can Jer work as a flight instructor now he has his license? Is that a viable career?

I think, if Derrick is truthful about none of the kids being paid for the show, obviously the Duggar kids need to unionise.

Unionize? You liberal pig LMAO...Plus with a Union, they’d actually have to do something, or at least show up at a set, established hour, very anti-Duggar!

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

You can make a living as a flight instructor. Be school itself will cost a lot of money to establish. Students ideally should learn on multiple planes. If you wanna to teach students to get more than just a private pilates license than you will need larger planes and jets.  If you can, the best move is to get a teaching job at an established school.

• Upvote 7

I dont think Jana will be allowed her own place even on the compound. I think she will be required and needed at all times under the main roof. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I dont think Jana will be allowed her own place even on the compound. I think she will be required and needed at all times under the main roof. 

I don't see Jana living in her own house, either. I'm just curious about a bedroom of her own, since I don't think the Duggars allow that (they may claim it's a choice, I don't quite remember.)

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

I’ve said this before, I think Jana has always had more freedoms than JB would publicly admit. She seemingly has earned that right as she proved herself to be a loyal and trustworthy parent servant from the time she was knee high to a grasshopper. I could easily see Jana living in a tiny house on the Duggar 40. Now having the freedom to freely date and have sleepovers, no, at least not yet. 
At some point, JB and M will have bigger and more urgent concerns beyond Jana and her love life. I also think Jana’s siblings respect her. If JB/M were to go, I’m not seeing any of her siblings becoming JB 2, where Jana is concerned.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

There is a big difference between Jana living in her own house that she actually owns on Duggar property and being allowed to live solo in a house on Duggar property that JD or Joe own. I think the 1st scenario is unlikely until Jana gets closer to 50 and JB and Michelle pass. The 2nd scenario I find very plausible. 

• Upvote 6

12 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

There is a big difference between Jana living in her own house that she actually owns on Duggar property and being allowed to live solo in a house on Duggar property that JD or Joe own. I think the 1st scenario is unlikely until Jana gets closer to 50 and JB and Michelle pass. The 2nd scenario I find very plausible. 

IIRC, for most of the years the family was on TV, Jana didn't even have her own bed. She and another sister (Jill? the net oldest?) slept in in a bed with the youngest. With the other group of older sisters gone, is she allowed to have her own bed now? Odd to be asking about a 30-year-old woman.

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

Jill and Jana had full size beds while the other 3 had twin beds.  Because in the TTH movie in special they had a designer who apparently didn’t want bunk beds in the girls room (but they did ha e them in the boys room).  And yes, we often saw Jackson, Hannie or Jenny in with them until later they finally moved a bunk bed in there (long about the time Anna moved in during the Joshly scandals and brought the kids with her so McKenyzie was in there as well as the lost girls.  

I was never sure if Jackson was in there for naps or hanging with his sister mom (Jana) after everyone was up.  

in more recent footage of the girls room a section appeared to be curtained off which I think is where Jana sleeps. Still super bleak, especially since Jed and Jer have apparently been allowed to move out. Maybe Jana should pretend to have political ambitions? and then just fail to move back home when she loses the election

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1

On the one hand, it does seem plausible that Jana will be allowed to at least have her own room, if not a little cottage on the Duggar compound, sometime during the next decade or so.

But when I think about it more, I remember that JB traveled with her just a few weeks ago (early this year IIRC) because he wouldn’t let an adult 30 years old woman travel nationally. 

So I think chances are we’re wrong and Jana has to stay in the main house with an accountability partner until M and JB pass. Just remember how the Duggars treated Anna during the scandal. As a mother of 4 (?) kids back then, she had to share a room with little Josie. She couldn’t even get a guest room in the Duggar house. So I’m not holding my breath for Jana. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Did grandma Mary have a small room somewhere in the main TTH? Maybe Jana could get something like that? 

Or maybe Jana, JB and Michelle will move into a smaller house somewhere, if someone else gets the main house. Or Jana will move in with one of her siblings, who needs childcare help. 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 1

So much of this will change when the money runs out - JB will have much less power when he doesn’t hold the purse strings. If Jill and Derrick get settled financially, they will potentially be a bridge out for any kids who want to leave the cult of JB. I can definitely see Jana going to live with any of her siblings, but JD/Abbie seems most likely.

It will be interesting to see what happens as more and more TLC reality show kids reach adulthood, especially the Gosslin kids. I can see a class action lawsuit happening, and potentially big changes to child labor protections so kids on reality TV get the same protections as child actors. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic