IGNORED

Amy and Dillon 6: Moving Past the Duggars

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Expectopatronus said:

I agree with people who have said that 9:00 is late for a three year old.  We do bath at 7:00 so that she is in bed by 7:30. We then have stories, prayers, music, sleep. When kiddo wakes up, if it’s from a night terror it takes blooming forever to soothe her. Otherwise, if she’s just fussy crying, I stick a sippy cup of oat milk in her hand and she usually chugs it, then falls back asleep. No way am I cooking her a grilled cheese at 2:30 in the morning. How does Amy fall back asleep herself after doing this? 

After the 1am grilled cheese, Amy said she didn't get to sleep until 3. There's gentle parenting, then there's whatever it is that Amy does. 

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 1

I cut Amy some slack on the grilled cheese. Her son’s schedule could have been off, he could have been sick, or any number of one time occurrences could have happened. 

As a kid my sister was very sick once and wasn’t eating. After refusing food for several days she told my mom she wanted pumpkin pie. The kid ate pumpkin pie for breakfast, lunch, and dinner for several days. I agree with my mom’s parenting decision but I also recognize that if viewed out of context it would look like a bad choice.

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

Normally, I'd agree, but if Dax has been sick, tell all Amy would have certainly told us and been all woe me for dealing with a sick kid..  

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Normally, I'd agree, but if Dax has been sick, tell all Amy would have certainly told us and been all woe me for dealing with a sick kid..  

He wasn't sick. They went to a trampoline park the next day. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

• 2 months later...

I had a lot of people tell me that my kid should do modeling.  First, many children are gorgeous so while I think she's precious I don't know that she's significantly cuter to the outside world than anyone else.  Second, I am far far far too lazy to put in that kind of leg work.  Third, I just want her to be a normal kid not growing up with the wrong sorts of attention and at risk of exploitation.

Amy, did you not see what happened to your publicly exploited cousins?  Just... stop.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 11

Wtf?!!! You bash your uncle for the life he made his children live and then you turn around and sign your own child up to be a model?! F'amy indeed. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

In my experience, MANY many (if not all) locally photographed campaigns for Sam's Club are shot using random kids the project manager knows. It will be like "We need a baby. Hey, Susan in Grocery's baby is 6 months old now, right? See if they can do it" or the project manager emails out letting teams know the ages they need and they'll tell their friends. I don't even know if these kids get paid. It's possible she got him signed up with an agency to do some casting calls and Sam's Club reached out to that agency for kids but it's also possible that she just has a friend in the vendor community or Sam's home office who said "Hey, we need a redhead for this photoshoot. Can Dax do it?"

• Upvote 6

30 minutes ago, Grace said:

In my experience, MANY many (if not all) locally photographed campaigns for Sam's Club are shot using random kids the project manager knows. It will be like "We need a baby. Hey, Susan in Grocery's baby is 6 months old now, right? See if they can do it" or the project manager emails out letting teams know the ages they need and they'll tell their friends. I don't even know if these kids get paid. It's possible she got him signed up with an agency to do some casting calls and Sam's Club reached out to that agency for kids but it's also possible that she just has a friend in the vendor community or Sam's home office who said "Hey, we need a redhead for this photoshoot. Can Dax do it?"

That’s how my cousin was in a Walmart flier. It was not some huge money-making campaign. Just ads for kids clothing and it didn’t really pay much. It was no big deal. But that was the 90s. 

• Upvote 3

Amy's post said that she would "support" Dax for as long as he wanted to model. So she seems to be thinking of long-term potential.

• Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 4

2 hours ago, marmalade said:

Amy's post said that she would "support" Dax for as long as he wanted to model. So she seems to be thinking of long-term potential.

Well, she can "support" it all she wants....NWA is not exactly a hub of model career opportunities 🤣

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 9